Page 43 of 117 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2917

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    Wow. Please stop posting. You obviously don't understand sarcasm.

I didn't see today's lineups yet. That surprises me that Giradi would play his starters. If I were him, I'd want to play the Rays instead of the Red Sox in the playoffs if they meet.
    You'd rather play a team with one of the best staffs in baseball than a team that has been in a free fall? makes sense :P Boston can hardly beat the O's right now. if I were Girardi, I would rather have the walking dead of the sox.

Certianly seems that way. What's up with Girardi using his B lineup in two of three games against Boston, but not once against the Rays?

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    I'm sorry that I assumed that such a bad poster like yourself wouldn't post something that wasn't ridiculous to read for once. From what you post on here, it's difficult to even begin to think otherwise. Not to mention that if it was sarcasm, it deserved to be called out anyway.
    I assume that this is because I'm a Yankee fan, as I see no other reason for you to say that.

Also, I must disagree with your point on the National League race being more interesting. I find the Red Sox collapse more entertaining (for obvious reasons) and I have more rooting interest in the AL Wild Card than the NL Wild Card. Not to say that the NL Wild Card isn't entertaining, but it's been overshadowed by the Red Sox collapse because they were the team that almost everyone had in the World Series in preseason predictions.

@TheWatersGreatGuardian: Yes, I would rather play the Rays right now. Because if Boston's offense gets hot, they could absolutely kill the Yankees pitching staff. If the Rays offense gets hot, they might score 6 runs, if they're lucky. The Yankees can outpower the Rays and get away with dodgy pitching. They can't do that with the Red Sox, as evidenced by the losing record against them this season.
    Last edited by Phoopes; 28th September 2011 at 9:59 PM.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

@TheWatersGreatGuardian: Yes, I would rather play the Rays right now. Because if Boston's offense gets hot, they could absolutely kill the Yankees pitching staff. If the Rays offense gets hot, they might score 6 runs, if they're lucky. The Yankees can outpower the Rays and get away with dodgy pitching. They can't do that with the Red Sox, as evidenced by the losing record against them this season.
    Then you have lost your mind :P Take the rays pitching against the sox. The sox are scoring a full run less against the Rays than the rest of the league. The Yankees would destroy the sox. Not even lester or beckett have been very good. Their offense can be shut down by good pitching.

The Yankees offense has been pretty well shut down these past 2 days and those Yankee lineups have been pretty full of starters. Hellickson had an off night last night and he still only gave up 3

PS: When the rays score at least 5 runs this year, they only have 7 losses. They have won their last 29 games where they have scored at least 5. They don't need to hit the cover off the ball to win.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 28th September 2011 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    PS: When the rays score at least 5 runs this year, they only have 7 losses. They have won their last 29 games where they have scored at least 5. They don't need to hit the cover off the ball to win.
    I think they're like 62-7 or something ridiculous like that when they score 5 or more runs.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I think they're like 62-7 or something ridiculous like that when they score 5 or more runs.
    I believe that is it.

To rather have the Rays playing you than the Sox right now is ludicrous. Earlier in the season I would agree. But the sox are having a historic meltdown. If I were the yankees, no way do I want to face James Shields, David Price, Hellickson and company over a shaky Lester, a shaky beckett, and Lackey.

This will just be easier if I give my opinions on all the teams...

Rays: Can't outscore the Yankees. While their pitching is very good, the Yankees offense would be able to score enough runs in each game to win. The Yankees' dodgy pitching could get away with making a few mistakes against the Rays' lineup, which isn't very good except for Evan Longoria IMO. Confidence Level: B+

Rangers: The Yankees would be able to blow open their pitching, which leaves something to be desired. While their offense can score runs, they can't outscore the Yankees. Confidence Level: A

Red Sox: If they keep limping along, then I'm not worried about them. However, if they get hot, they can beat anyone in the league. Their pitching isn't doing so well right now, but it's been proven that it can shut the Yankees down if they are on their game. The offense is the most dangerous in the league if they get hot, and can oblierate any Yankee pitcher not named C.C. Hopefully they miss the playoffs so they won't be a concern. Confidence Level If Hot: D If Not: B

Tigers: Their pitching lives and dies with Verlander. Other than him, they don't really have a starter that can dominate a game. The Yankees can take advantage of their other pitchers, but they'd better hope that they're in the lead by the 9th. If they aren't, Valverde will shut them down. The offense is good, but not near the level of the Yankees or Red Sox. (when they're hot) Confidence Level: B-

So there you have it. That should clear up any questions on my opinions. In conclusion, I would rather face the Red Sox if they continue to play the way they do. If they get hot, THAT is when I would rather play the Rays. I was only voicing a concern about the BoSox gaining momentum. (which at this point, is unlikely)
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I seriously, seriously doubt that the sox are going to get much momentum IF they make it in. They can barely beat the O's right now. They won't have shoddy pitching to beat up on in the postseason. Teams with all offense and no pitching generally do not fare well in the postseason.

I'm currently watching the Rays game right now, but I feel like I should be watching the NL race because I'm a Phillies fan.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

I assume that this is because I'm a Yankee fan, as I see no other reason for you to say that.
    Incorrect since I'm also a fan of the Yankees though I don't try to show much bias for them outside I hope they win,". I try to stay neutral in general baseball discussions so I don't show my like for them that much.

Also, I must disagree with your point on the National League race being more interesting. I find the Red Sox collapse more entertaining (for obvious reasons) and I have more rooting interest in the AL Wild Card than the NL Wild Card. Not to say that the NL Wild Card isn't entertaining, but it's been overshadowed by the Red Sox collapse because they were the team that almost everyone had in the World Series in preseason predictions.
    Yes, the Red Sox were chosen to get to the World Series so their coolapse specificaly is more interesting. Their collapse is similar to the Braves (an 8.5 game collapse I believe) but I think that the Cardinals are better than the Rays so that makes the National League more interesting to me at the moment.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

There goes Zobrist's errorless streak at second.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Alright, Rays are screwed.

Damnit. Now I got to put my faith in the Orioles...

I have claimed Giratina

Teixeira is just sh*tting all over Price. Looks like the Rays only hope is for the Sox to lose.

Oh well. I figured this would end in heartbreak. get help in the offseason price. You look nothing like the ace of the staff. All you have now is a fastball.
    Thank you for crushing our season
    Only comfort is boston won't get that far in the playoffs with that pitching.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 29th September 2011 at 1:49 AM.

Sorry TWGG. Looks like you're gonna really have to hope for a breakout inning by the Orioles for your team to stay alive...

In NL News, both contenders are winning. If everything holds, it looks like a playoff for the NL Wild Card tomorrow.

In General News, thoughts on Ozzie Guillen being "traded" to the Marlins for a few minor league players? Personally, I thought the White Sox should've given him the chance to manage on the last year of his contract. He did bring them their first World Series title in 88(?) year.

Well we had a good run, and winning 90 games after what we lost makes me happy. But my lord. 1 hit off of call ups? Hate to see it end like this

... And Andruw Jones just hit a solo home run. This is just getting worse and worse for the Rays. BUT, ya just gotta hope that the Orioles win and force a playoff. And with a runner on third and one out, they have a chance to tie it up right now.

I knew the offense was going to be the death of us. We can hit major leaguers, but you throw a call up out there and he will own us

Reynolds just got thrown out trying to score on an infield ground ball. REAL COOL
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 29th September 2011 at 1:59 AM.

The pitching destroyed us. That's the last time I want Price to start a game of great significance. If it was still 1-0, the feeling of the game wouldn't be like this.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

In General News, thoughts on Ozzie Guillen being "traded" to the Marlins for a few minor league players? Personally, I thought the White Sox should've given him the chance to manage on the last year of his contract. He did bring them their first World Series title in 88(?) year.
    He actually wanted to leave since he already has a new job with the Marlins. If I recall correctly, he even went as far as to request his release and is taking the recently fired White Sox interim manager.

Well we had a good run, and winning 90 games after what we lost makes me happy. But my lord. 1 hit off of call ups? Hate to see it end like this
    It's still too early to mke that call. The Orioles are only down by one run.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    The pitching destroyed us. That's the last time I want Price to start a game of great significance. If it was still 1-0, the feeling of the game wouldn't be like this.
    I don't know if he didn't do anything in the offseason to get better, but he looks like a completely different pitcher this year.

I am close to saying trade him and get some offense. We have matt moore and a host of other starting pitchers that could take his place. i don't know what is up with price, but is the suck this year

I don't know if he didn't do anything in the offseason to get better, but he looks like a completely different pitcher this year.

I am close to saying trade him and get some offense. We have matt moore and a host of other starting pitchers that could take his place. i don't know what is up with price, but is the suck this year
    I think what killed him is that he relied too much on his fastball last year, and the only other pitch he likes using is a cutter which he's not very good at throwing. Ever since the ALDS last year, he doesn't look the same. He had two consecutive quality starts against the Yankees and Red sox and that was it.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Personally, I thought the White Sox should've given him the chance to manage on the last year of his contract.
    Ozzie asked for and was granted his release. The White Sox received two minor leaguers from Florida as compensation. The White Sox were more than prepared to give him every opportunity to manage the final year, but the Marlins were offering more years and more money.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

6 run inning :P

unfortunatly its now 7-6 and mo is probably coming in

The Rays' rally will hopefully deter future complaints of how a game is over until it's actually over.

Still, the Phillies-Braves game is more interesting.

Page 43 of 117 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast