Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2917

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chellochello View Post
    But personally, l think that it would be nice to ive in the city you play ball in
    And if you're whatever age you are, you're not necessarily wrong. But that changes for a ballplayer when he's making $120 million over the course of a contract, and when he has a family whose comfort he's obligated to consider.

derek jeter owned like 3 NYC apartments and A-Rod definatley lives there
    Jeter is unmarried, A-Rod is a divorcee, and they both have million-dollar houses acorss the country.

Cliff Lee has a wife and two kids. Bit of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I thought that's why Cliff Lee chose Phillies. His family liked it there when he used to play for them.
    Yes, exactly. I'm sure his family loves whatever posh, leafy neighborhood they've settled in across the river in New Jersey.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Didn't watch any baseball last night. Yankees won, Phillies won, Brewers won, Rangers won. Meh.

Yankees lost. Meh. Diamondbacks lost. Curses.

I must admit, I haven't been very interested in the playoffs so far. I believe I was spoiled by the last day of the regular season.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    And if you're whatever age you are, you're not necessarily wrong. But that changes for a ballplayer when he's making $120 million over the course of a contract, and when he has a family whose comfort he's obligated to consider.

Jeter is unmarried, A-Rod is a divorcee, and they both have million-dollar houses acorss the country.

Cliff Lee has a wife and two kids. Bit of a difference.
    Well, obviously cliff lee's a bit different, plus a-rod and jeter make twice as much as cliff lee does, and as you said, both un-married fella's, but l bet if cliff lee REALLY wanted too, he could buy a house where ever he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    The Yankees were so close to getting Lee in the offseason.
    Wasn't there an incident in which Lee's wife was at Yankee Stadium last year, and the crowd started booing and throwing things at her? It may not have factored into Lee's decision to sign with the Phillies instead, but I'm sure some of those Yankee fans aren't very happy with themselves right now.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Rays have gotten the crappy 2 and 5 PM start times in every ALDS they have been in. Ehh I guess its the ratings

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Rays have gotten the crappy 2 and 5 PM start times in every ALDS they have been in. Ehh I guess its the ratings
    The Rays were never going to get a primetime slot unless they were playing a big market team. There is no point in bringing it up or complaining about it quite frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    The Rays were never going to get a primetime slot unless they were playing a big market team. There is no point in bringing it up or complaining about it quite frankly.
    obviously I just felt like complaining. My bad :P

Go Brew Crew!!
    GBA Teams

Ruby
    FireRed

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Wasn't there an incident in which Lee's wife was at Yankee Stadium last year, and the crowd started booing and throwing things at her? It may not have factored into Lee's decision to sign with the Phillies instead, but I'm sure some of those Yankee fans aren't very happy with themselves right now.
    Except that supposedly did play a part in it. That and he just liked the Philly fans.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Brews up 2-0, one more and they're advancing (I hope.)
    Detroit, 5-3, series 1-1.
    4-3 Philly, bot 5th.

Pokemon X Round 2

I really, really, really, hope the Cards can somehow take that series. I just don't think the Brewers stack up to the Phillies over 7 games.

I am for some sick reason wanting the Brewers to go to the world series.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I turned the Phillies game off after the second inning. Then the next day I hear that they lost. What the f*ck.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    I am for some sick reason wanting the Brewers to go to the world series.
    I for some completely understandable reason want them to lose the next three by scores of 20-0.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    I turned the Phillies game off after the second inning. Then the next day I hear that they lost. What the f*ck.
    I turned it off near the 6th. I feel like Cliff Lee is good, but he has trouble against leftys and is a little too aggressive for my liking. I mean, first pitch a triple? Come on.
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/r2uyd0.png[/IMG]

Credit goes to Mew_!

Good to see that the bandwagon Ray fans come out to the ball game tonight.

Time for the more interesting Sabathia/Verlander game though.

Sabathia and verlander is like the matchup of the century. It will be fun to see how they both fare, but since im a big yankee hater, GO VERLANDER!

Sabathia and verlander is like the matchup of the century. It will be fun to see how they both fare, but since im a big yankee hater, GO VERLANDER!
    Wouldn't quite call it match-up of the century. I'll throw a couple names out there. Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens, Greg Maddux, Pedro Martinez, Curt Schilling, John Smoltz. When they were active and in their primes... wow.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    Wouldn't quite call it match-up of the century. I'll throw a couple names out there. Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens, Greg Maddux, Pedro Martinez, Curt Schilling, John Smoltz. When they were active and in their primes... wow.
    Well, of course, l was exaggerating a bit, but this is definately going to be good if they can pitch to their max

Good to see that the bandwagon Ray fans come out to the ball game tonight.

Time for the more interesting Sabathia/Verlander game though.
    I want my 95 dollars back. What a frustrating game.

BTW, go back to when the Yankees weren't winning every year and yankee stadium was a ghost town.

BTW, go back to when the Yankees weren't winning every year and yankee stadium was a ghost town.
    Just like fans of most sports teams in America? Most people will not pay to attend a game where the team can't compete because it's a waste of money. The difference is that when the team finally does well the fans will come out and watch to show support for the team. Something many Rays fans only seem to do when the playoffs come around.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 4th October 2011 at 4:24 AM.

Just like fans of most sports teams in America? Most people will not pay to attend a game where the team can't compete because it's a waste of money. The difference is that when the team finally does well the fans will come out and watch to show support for the team.
    I know most here think this is BS, but I truly think that
    1. Lack of mass transit to the stadium
    2. Location
    3. St Pete is mostly retirees
    4. Economy
    are the reasons for the attendance problems. The financial situation down here in Tampa is honestly one of the worst in the country.

Check the TV ratings. People are watching them for sure
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 4th October 2011 at 4:34 AM.

I know most here think this is BS, but I truly think that
    1. Lack of mass transit to the stadium
    2. Location
    3. St Pete is mostly retirees
    4. Economy
    are huge reasons for the attendance problems. The financial situation down here in Tampa is honestly one of the worst in the country.
    2nd lowest attendance in the league this year. Nothing else needs to be aid over my offhand comment. Edit: "Check out ratings" Provide ratings. If you haven't noticed though, ratings don't always mean anything for the team. Your payroll is evidence enough.

Anyway, the Tigers game is pretty good I guess. Not the pitching duel I expected early on but Verlander has settled down.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 4th October 2011 at 4:44 AM.

2nd lowest attendance in the league this year. Nothing else needs to be aid over my offhand comment.

Anyway, the Tigers game is pretty good I guess. Not the pitching duel I expected early on but Verlander has settled down.
    the team being gutted in the offseason helped that. Not many people are going to pay to go watch a team that can't hit.

the team being gutted in the offseason helped that. Not many people are going to pay to go watch a team that can't hit.
    I don't even need to look up the Rays' 2010 home attendance to know they were not in the top half of the league. I doubt they ever have been. Still, my point has been proven and you're making excuses at this point over something that is silly to even make a big deal of. If you want the last word though, I'll let you have it.

Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast