Page 54 of 117 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2917

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    It's not the best ballpark for hitters.
    A totally valid point. It's just that the pitchers in this game aren't amazingly amazing so runs might get piled up because of that.

Just as a type this though, Porcello has a great first inning. Hopefully Burnett can match that and a pitcher's duel can take form.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Totodile is BEAST View Post
    I was 7 years old i didn't know who the hell he was.
    Lol, than learn ***** lol the only athelete l have ever met and probably will meet is lenny krayzelburg who is a gold medalist, got his autograph and everything, even got to take a picture in his medal, but he is nothing compared to FREAKING MIKE NAPOLI, CATCHER FOR THE RANGERS!!!!

Athletes I've met (ducks, angels, lakers, and rangers only)
    Kobe Bryant (He friggin lives in my town!) But you don't see him a lot xD I didn't ask for autograph, I just told him he was awesome and stuff.
    Ryan Getzlaf (in the supermarket when I was 8)
    Mike Napoli
    Ron Washington
    Trevor Bell
    Brandon Wood
    Mark Trumbo
    Bobby Wilson
    Peter Bourjus

Pokemon X Round 2

I have met pretty much all the players on the Rays, and thats about it.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Phillies won today, but I'm also a bit disappointed. Hamels was great today, but I can't say the same for their bullpen. Polanco needs to start hitting, and Howard and Mayberry weren't very good either.

Overall, the Phillies need to start hitting. They can't expect to win solely relying on pitching.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    Phillies won today, but I'm also a bit disappointed. Hamels was great today, but I can't say the same for their bullpen. Polanco needs to start hitting, and Howard and Mayberry weren't very good either.

Overall, the Phillies need to start hitting. They can't expect to win solely relying on pitching.
    Exhibit #1 The Rays.

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post

True. And Ruiz needs to shape up. But Rollins is doing very well, and don't forget Utley.

That last inning was a nail-biter, and I almost thought we were gonna lose tat one.
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/r2uyd0.png[/IMG]

Credit goes to Mew_!

How about Beltre win 3 solo shots.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    How about Beltre win 3 solo shots.
    I had no idea >_<

IMO Boston was stupid to let him go.

Yankees look like they are going to force 5. What a crappy day. Was really looking forward to a playoffs without any team I hate.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 5th October 2011 at 4:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    IMO Boston was stupid to let him go.
    Not really.

They're both excellent defenders, but Gonzalez is three years younger, hits for power and average and gets on base from the left side and hasn't played fewer than 156 games since 2006. Beltre is older and has a history of leg issues, bats righty and doesn't get on base anywhere near like Gonzalez does.

The choice was almost literally Gonzalez vs. Beltre, with Youkilis playing whichever of first or third wasn't occupied, and they're far, far better off in the long-term with Gonzalez than they would have been with Beltre.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Not really.

They're both excellent defenders, but Gonzalez is three years younger, hits for power and average and gets on base from the left side and hasn't played fewer than 156 games since 2006. Beltre is older and has a history of leg issues, bats righty and doesn't get on base anywhere near like Gonzalez does.

They're far, far better off in the long-term with Gonzalez than they would have been with Beltre.
    Beltre at 3rd base>anyone else they have at 3rd no? Youk seems to be diminishing, and just as injury prone as beltre

Called the offensive outburst and solid start from Burnett...

Credit to zhanton

Hopefully the Tigers can take game 5.

Aramis is stellar, underated, and should be a huge target this fall IMO.

Pokemon X Round 2

Hopefully the Tigers can take game 5.
    I think otherwise.

Credit to zhanton

I have been listening to Dallas radio all day. The consensus seems to be that the Rangers would match up better with the Yankees than they would against the Tigers. That because they were able to beat the Yankees last year at Yankee stadium that it would take the mystique of the place away. And of course because the Yankees are seemingly weaker than the Tigers in terms of pitching and overall team chemistry. It'll be interesting how and if that opinion changes after tonight's Tiger implosion.

IMO if the Tigers lose tommorow it would be dissapointing. But if the Yankees lose it's gonna be dissapointing. This is only with this matchup. Its not dissapointing to see the Rays lose, but it's dissapointing to see the Bronx lose, and this doesn't work anywhere else in the playoffs but here. This is going to be heated

Pokemon X Round 2

IMO if the Tigers lose tommorow it would be dissapointing. But if the Yankees lose it's gonna be dissapointing. This is only with this matchup. Its not dissapointing to see the Rays lose, but it's dissapointing to see the Bronx lose, and this doesn't work anywhere else in the playoffs but here. This is going to be heated
    Its never disappointing to me to see a megamoney team fail.

I like most megamoney teams though @_@

Red sox or yankees TheWatersGreatGaurdians

Pokemon X Round 2

I like most megamoney teams though @_@

Red sox or yankees TheWatersGreatGaurdians
    Watching the Red Sox collapse allowing the Rays to get into the playoffs on a 40 million dollar payroll will always be one of my fondest baseball memories. Especially after the Sox gave that ridiculous contract to Crawford, and overpaid Lackey. Sox were supposed to be the team to beat this year.

Small market success, no matter which small market, will always be more special to me than a mega bucks team winning the World Series. Small teams have much less room for error in their moves.

Take the Rays in 2009 and the signing of Pat Burrell for example. I can't remember how much we signed him for off the top of my head, but I think it was close to or over 10 million. That is a ton of money to a team like the Rays to spend on one hitter. To the Yankees or some other big market team, its not. We all know what happened to Pat Burrell, he epically flopped with the Rays and they ended up having to painfully eat his contract.

My point is, yes big markets still build through their farm system, but when it comes to free agency, they can afford to be much more reckless with their signings. If a FA flops, they can just eat his contract and move on more often than not. Going beyond free agency, big markets can afford to offer players long term contracts much more easily. With the small team, again they have to be careful with which players they offer contracts too because if they flop the team takes a serious financial hit trying to get rid of him.

Beltre at 3rd base>anyone else they have at 3rd no? Youk seems to be diminishing, and just as injury prone as beltre
    You missed what I said. Go back and read why it was a choice between Gonzalez at first and Beltre at third and why the matter isn't "Beltre at 3rd base>anyone else they have at 3rd no?"

IMO if the Tigers lose tommorow it would be dissapointing.
    For the record, the series gets a travel day now and won't resume until Thursday.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You missed what I said. Go back and read why it was a choice between Gonzalez at first and Beltre at third and why the matter isn't "Beltre at 3rd base>anyone else they have at 3rd no?"

For the record, the series gets a travel day now and won't resume until Thursday.
    Oh, gotcha.

I thought the rain out killed any off days in this series?

The rain only killed the first travel day, which would have been Sunday as the teams went from New York to Detroit. The standard Division Series schedule is two games > travel day > two games > travel day > one game.

-----
    Words to|live by

The dreams of my cuddly team the Diamondbacks continue.~ Burnett didn't mess up this time. Okay. That's cool. Selig certainly wouldn't want to see one of the biggest teams get eliminated so soon. Bye Rays and congratulations to the Rangers. Phillies won. Okay.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Aw f*ck the rangers. I yelled at Mike Napoli when I was at the game "YOUR A PIECE OF SH*T, D*CKHEAD!" because he hit a go-ahead 3 run shot in the ninth and we had 6/7/8 comin up
    Lame.

Did someone get ahold of your password? I've never heard you swear before, and the comments were constructed like someone purposely trying to be noticable.
    Yes, I thought so as well. Must've heard wrong.

I've heard Verlander won't be available on Thursday, but I have a hard time believing the manager would let them lose with him sitting on the bench. I guess it might affect him pitching for the next series (if they win), but it'd be better to advance that way then lose.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Page 54 of 117 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast