Page 96 of 117 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2917

Thread: MLB Baseball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I beg to differ
    But yeah, he should have no hit the Rays.
    It's weird how often the Rays turn out on the wrong side of that thing. I know you've frequently mentioned them having a bad offense, but there are other teams that have had bad offenses (like the Royals), but don't get no-hit that much. Just bad luck for the Rays I guess.

A question for anyone though: which is more impressive, a no-hitter, or 2 straight 1 hitters?
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    A question for anyone though: which is more impressive, a no-hitter, or 2 straight 1 hitters?
    They're both impressive. I'm sure two consecutive one-hitters would be more beneficial for a team so I choose that one.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

All I know is that Dickey is greatly helping my Fantasy team double up my opponent already this week.

Continuing on bad offenses, the Phillies are not only bad, they are aging and fragile. Starting Michael Martinez at 2nd base worries me with the sub-.170 average and complacent defense. I prefer Galvis, but rushing Utley back might prove to be valuable due to Galvis's spine crack and suspension. The only offense they have found during interleague is in Jim Thome and John Mayberry, yet they continue to lose...

Manager of:

Watch the Power of Aura!

White FC: 0691 1059 6854

Quote Originally Posted by CorkaCola View Post
    All I know is that Dickey is greatly helping my Fantasy team double up my opponent already this week.

Continuing on bad offenses, the Phillies are not only bad, they are aging and fragile. Starting Michael Martinez at 2nd base worries me with the sub-.170 average and complacent defense. I prefer Galvis, but rushing Utley back might prove to be valuable due to Galvis's spine crack and suspension. The only offense they have found during interleague is in Jim Thome and John Mayberry, yet they continue to lose...
    The funny thing is, I think they are second in the NL in runs scored are they not?

edit: and they are playing the Rays for 2 more games. There are 2 more wins
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 24th June 2012 at 4:40 PM.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Hell yes Nick Swisher. Big 3 run homer on Dickey.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Very nice day of baseball for my Rays. Sweep a double header on the road and pick up a half game on the Yankees and O's despite them winning.

Looks like we may finally be getting healthy.

Surprised Boston would trade Youkilis. He seems to be a big fan favorite and was involved in both the recent championships. I guess everyone moves on eventually.

Was this something that was talked about beforehand? I'm not sure if I just didn't hear anything or it came out of nowhere.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Surprised Boston would trade Youkilis. He seems to be a big fan favorite and was involved in both the recent championships. I guess everyone moves on eventually.

Was this something that was talked about beforehand? I'm not sure if I just didn't hear anything or it came out of nowhere.
    Writing was on the wall early in the season when Bobby V shot off his mouth about one of his players. Sox are going to regret this trade

Sox got Lillibridge and Stewart for Youkilis. LOL
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 25th June 2012 at 5:04 PM.

Surprised Boston would trade Youkilis.
    Not really. He was struggling and they have a 24-year-old third baseman who was hitting significantly better.

He seems to be a big fan favorite and was involved in both the recent championships.
    As much as we do get attached to certain players, these are both terrible reasons to do or not do something regarding a player.

Was this something that was talked about beforehand?
    Extensively. Middlebrooks came up on May 2 and hasn't stopped hitting since. Talks of trading Youkilis started almost immediately and intensified when Youkilis came off the DL and still was not hitting, and intensified further than it became clear that of the four players in the 1B/3B/DH triangle - those being Ortiz, Middlebrooks, Gonzalez, Youkilis - one of them was going to be the odd man out, and for various reasons it wasn't going to be any of the first three on that list.

Writing was on the wall early in the season when Bobby V shot off his mouth about one of his players.
    If you choose to believe nonsense and crap, sure. If you choose to look at the situation rationally and without the nonsense and crap, the writing was on the wall when Boston's prized 23-year-old third baseman came up and kept on hitting.

Sox are going to regret this trade
    They most certainly will not. Youkilis was giving them absolutely nothing. Trading him means that they can play Middlebrooks, Gonzalez and Ortiz all at their natural positions and there won't be an odd man out.

Sox got Lillibridge and Stewart for Youkilis. LOL
    This part, you have a point. The Red Sox got fleeced in trading Youkilis, but that will happen when the objective of a trade is to get a guy out of town rather than actually get talent in return.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 25th June 2012 at 6:20 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Oh heck yes, Anthony Rizzo debuts for the Cubs tonight!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Such a promising start to my Rays season is going in the crapper. What is wrong with this team?

Yankees pitching got hurt today. Pettitte fractured his ankle and CC with an abdominal strain.

Credit to zhanton

The Jay's are doing pretty good this season. Last night was a bad night for pitching though, it was rough.
    Well atleast Bautista and Encarnacion are doing good this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Yankees pitching got hurt today. Pettitte fractured his ankle and CC with an abdominal strain.
    Forgive me If I don't shed a tear that the Yankees finally have some injury issues. The Rays have been completely decimated by injuries this year.

Forgive me If I don't shed a tear that the Yankees finally have some injury issues. The Rays have been completely decimated by injuries this year.
    And the Yankees haven't? They've lost the one of the fastest players in the league in Brett Gardner. Michael Pineda is out for the season. The best closer in history is also out for the season. And even though I don't like him they haven't had Joba at all this year.

Credit to zhanton

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    And the Yankees haven't? They've lost the one of the fastest players in the league in Brett Gardner. Michael Pineda is out for the season. The best closer in history is also out for the season. And even though I don't like him they haven't had Joba at all this year.
    However you have the offense to overcome it with the like of Cano, A-rod, Granderson, Tex, Martin, etc. So you still can just club teams to death. Not to mention you can go out at the deadline and afford to bring in a big name player to fill one of these holes...and Mo being out? Well that hasn't affected you in a huge way since you still have Robertson and Soriano at the back. Your "big injuries" haven't exactly slowed you down (5 games up in 1st)

Now to the rays. When the Rays lose the meat of their lineup that was already cobbled together at the start of the season it affects us in a much bigger way. We are missing Longoria, Scott, and Joyce. These three were the main RBI threat in the lineup. We just now got Keppinger and Jennings back and neither of them look 100%. I know you are going to say those aren't big players, but to a team like the Rays they were crucial. The added effect is now almost everyone is playing out of position and you have the reason for the shoddy defense. Then add to that we missing two of our starting pitchers and have had to rush Archer up from Durham before he was really ready and you have cause of falling like a rock out of 1st place. For a team that relies on pitching and defense, this is devastating. Our pitching has been decent even with the injuries, but we simply can't score enough runs to keep pace. Especially when all the teams in the East are competitive this year
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 28th June 2012 at 8:15 PM.

However you have the offense to overcome it with the like of Cano, A-rod, Granderson, Tex, Martin, etc. So you still can just club teams to death. Not to mention you can go out at the deadline and afford to bring in a big name player to fill one of these holes...and Mo being out? Well that hasn't affected you in a huge way since you still have Robertson and Soriano at the back. Your "big injuries" haven't exactly slowed you down (5 games up in 1st)
    IIRC Cano bats around .150 with RISP and Martin isn't doing anything on the offensive end this year. I'm pretty sure that the loss of CC and Pettitte will start to slow us down.

Credit to zhanton

Now to the rays. When the Rays lose the meat of their lineup that was already cobbled together at the start of the season it affects us in a much bigger way. We are missing Longoria, Scott, and Joyce. These three were the main RBI threat in the lineup. We just now got Keppinger and Jennings back and neither of them look 100%. I know you are going to say those aren't big players, but to a team like the Rays they were crucial. The added effect is now almost everyone is playing out of position and you have the reason for the shoddy defense. Then add to that we missing two of our starting pitchers and have had to rush Archer up from Durham before he was really ready and you have cause of falling like a rock out of 1st place. For a team that relies on pitching and defense, this is devastating. Our pitching has been decent even with the injuries, but we simply can't score enough runs to keep pace. Especially when all the teams in the East are competitive this year
    Staggering irony. "Sorry, no sympathy" and then you post a paragraph's worth of reasons why someone should feel sorry for your team.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Staggering irony. "Sorry, no sympathy" and then you post a paragraph's worth of reasons why someone should feel sorry for your team.
    I'm not asking for sympathy. I was making a point since Larry seemed to think the Yankees' injuries were just as bad as the rays. Like tonight, here we go again with a 5 era pitcher holding us to 2 hits.

PS: You seem come across as arrogant quite often when you quote someone
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 29th June 2012 at 2:41 AM.

Phillies suck this season and that makes me sad.

I was making a point since Larry seemed to think the Yankees' injuries were just as bad as the rays.
    And that's a fool's debate. Who are you, who am I, who are any of us to try and claim that one team's injuries are "worse" than another team's?

PS: You seem come across as arrogant quite often when you quote someone
    One has nothing to do with the other.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    And that's a fool's debate. Who are you, who am I, who are any of us to try and claim that one team's injuries are "worse" than another team's?

All I know is that out of 75 games this season, the Rays have had their original starting lineup on the field for 8 of them (btw they were 7-1 in those games). They have been absolutely killed by injuries this year. The Yankees have the firepower to overcome theirs however. So yes, the Rays injuries are worse.

So yes, the Rays injuries are worse.
    And if you think that, that's fine. But again, for any of us to try and say the Rays losing offensive players is "worse" than the Yankees losing that many key members of their pitching staff or vice versa is a fool's debate. Couldn't one make the inverse of the case you're trying to make, that the Rays should have had the pitching and defense to overcome losing some key hitters, and that as such the Yankees injuries are worse?

Again. Fool's debate. No merit to it.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    Phillies suck this season and that makes me sad.
    You can't be good every year.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    You can't be good every year.
    They have the same issue as the Rays. Injuries have killed them

Page 96 of 117 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast