Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice (663)

Hybrid View

Default The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice (663)

Battle Club! Mysterious Pokemon Appears!!

On the way to Sanyou City, Ash & Iris hear of a nearby Battle Club where trainers are able to battle against eachother freely in order to hone their skills. However, when they get there, Ash faces some challenging trainers, and to top it off, Team Rocket have plans to steal the Pokémon within the club...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Damn still 2 hour away...-_- Well hopefully Ash captures Pokabu, it looked abused in that preview. CURSE YOU DON GEORGE!!!!!
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

i think he will pick up the fire starter too
    the battle at the club looks cool aways good to see new poke

hmm nice way to start the episode cool that u can see the poke the trainers have at the club

Don George is surprised to see Pikachu..
    What a great battle, Futachimaru punchs Pikachu after Pikachu uses Iron Tail.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

did he pay a visit to the poke center?

@Tidus I think you should just edit your first post for updates. I think the mods are strict with the commentaries to avoid flooding.

Too bad boxes fall on Pikachu's head, Jessie and James found both Pika and Mijumaru alone! And yes it seems that Ash has a bond with Pokabu so he will catch it after he saved it.

thought the battle would have lasted longer
    wow that pokemon can eat a lot my guess is they are using the food to lure the umbreon

it's cruel whichever trainer did that to pokabu
    Last edited by tidus; 7th October 2010 at 12:24 PM.

The epicness of this episode blew me away, so I'm writing a longer review than usual.

-Out of all the five episodes that have premiered thus far, this is my favorite.

- Hehehe Miju's adorable.
    *Pops out of PokeBall* I can do this!
    Trainer: Go! Futachimaru!
    Mijumaru: D: ... Ehehe... I'm too cool for this battle. Well, Pikachu, we're waiting.

-I loved "Meowth-eon". I never thought Don would be so emotion. Thinking back on Maylene's assistants and Chuck... they sure love making cry-baby tough dudes don't they?

-I reaaaallly hope Kibago keeps its name/voice in English. It's adorable.

-Who could do that to a Pokabu!?

-He he. I hope that becomes a running gag with Iris, where they refuse to join her.

-And so Ash catches a Pokabu!

-Y'know, I feel sorry for Don George, hope he gets an Umbreon.

Rating: 430856234684/10
    Wait, I can't do that? Fine, 10/10.
    Last edited by Mayfan; 16th October 2010 at 3:24 AM.

Best Wishes Reviewer
    BW001 | BW002 | BW003 | BW004 | BW005

As always , all fire starters ash have caught have a sad backstory.

I'm impressed from the way TR escaped again, without blasting off. I guess they will never get blast off again.

ash really bonds well with the pokemon he is about to catch
    funny how with the water and fire starter iris thought she was going to catch them
    even though she spends no time with them also does any poke like getting there face stretched like that? pokabu's fire attack was cool
    no battle pokabu choose ash as his trainer

Just as I thought, Ash captured Pokabu. I knew if the writers were going for a Kanto feel that they would end up giving Ash all 3 starters. Tsutarja is definitely next.

But why are Ash's Fire Types always abused pokemon? It's getting quite redundant.

Memories are Pearl...Friendships are Diamond...

It's really boring how Ash managed to gets hold at least one of the starters in each region.

The writers should give non-starter pokemon more chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
    It's really boring how Ash managed to gets hold at least one of the starters in each region.

The writers should give non-starter pokemon more chances.
    Starters are a main part of the games and the anime is a promotional tool for the games, so they will always end up on the main cast and Ash will always have at least one.

Memories are Pearl...Friendships are Diamond...

Although Team Rocket is more badass, the only thing they have managed to accomplish is preventing themselves from blasting off. Hopefully they will actually manage to successfully steal something or catch something worthy of Giovanni's time.
    3DS Friend Code: 1349-5440-8603
    Friend Safari Details: Fighting Safari with these Pokemon: Machoke, Throh, and Breloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gipauchii View Post
    Although Team Rocket is more badass, the only thing they have managed to accomplish is preventing themselves from blasting off. Hopefully they will actually manage to successfully steal something or catch something worthy of Giovanni's time.
    Giovanni'ss giving them the time though, so they must be doing something right.

I've warmed up to Pokabu as a whole from this episode. I didn't like the Pokemon at first, but the episode made me like it. It's kind of cute.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Talking

thts cool i love tepig ad its also very good tht there is a battle club

Pokabu was really adorable in this episode (well some parts anyway, like when Pokabu wanted to be with Ash).

And LOL at Mijumaru, oh my goodness, one look at its evolved form and it tagged Pikachu in the battle, oh hilarious.

Really cruel what that trainer did, unlike Damien and "Paul" I really hope we don't see who this person is, I just don't care about people like that.

And LOL what is wrong with Iris, I swear she's getting on my nerves with oh a Pokemon she doesn't bond with going to her. It is sort of sad a little though, it makes me want Iris to catch something but nah she can suffer with this running gag until after BW008 or so.

As for people disliking Ash with Pokabu, watch the episode, I mean seriously any other trainer would not have made sense on how the episode played out. Ash was first to see it, removed its muzzle for it and pretty much carried it while it slept. Iris didn't deserve a Pokemon like Pokabu when Iris didn't even really do anything.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    And LOL what is wrong with Iris, I swear she's getting on my nerves with oh a Pokemon she doesn't bond with going to her. It is sort of sad a little though, it makes me want Iris to catch something but nah she can suffer with this running gag until after BW008 or so.
    gives a good idea for an anime spoiler thread but this isn't the best place to discuss it.

Well people wanted a kanto redux, looks like they got it if Pokabu is another abused fire type prior to being caught. Hopefully the little oinker will evolve into Emboar later on.

cyndaquil wasn't niether was torkoal, next weeks gym epi looks awesome having to battle 3 different gym leaders will be tough
    blow by blow:
    ash arrives at battle club checks out other trainers pokemon in pc
    sees grass evolved and water evolved starter battling, water one wins
    ash's pickachu and the trainer with the water evolved battle some pretty slick moves on ash's part to get the iron tail to hit. battle called off because team rocket intruding. something to do with the boxes in the warehouse.
    the Don George and Ash and the others see Umbreon outside, Ash gets info from pokedex about it shows George and it runs off. im guessing they really want this pokemon that is rare to the region.

team rocket take advantage of this and paint meowth black so it looks like it and the battle club spend there time chasing meowth thinking it's the pokemon there after. meanwhile ash and iris use poke food as bait to draw out the pokemon. instead pokabu appears covered in smoke and a muzzle around it's mouth so it can't eat. the terrified poke panicks and flees but ash manages to catch up and calm pokabu down after getting blasted with smookscreen and takes off the muzzle, pokabu happily eats the whole thing.
    in the storage area where they left the food mejaru is chowing down hard on the bait, pickachu tries to stop him, doesn't succeed and gets knocked out from boxes faling down, team rocket later arrive remove the boxes and stick pickachu in a black bag with mejaru following behind.
    Don George and the battle club group corner meowth(dressed like umbreon) and they break into tears over this, mowth reveals his medallion my guessing tell them that he's not umbreon, crying some more then chasing meowth in anger

we find out from Don George that pokabu has been mistreated by his previous trainer (kinda like charmander) and tied up with the rope that ash removed. we see jesse and james escaping with pickachu, mejaru following uses water gun, team rocket counter with some kinda waterforcefield and manage to take to the sky in the shield. pokabu in ash's arms gets down uses some kinda fire attack, breaking the shield and freeing pickachu, as usual team rocket don't blast off but escape in handgliders. iris is interested and stretches his face much like she did with pickachu much to pokabu's annoyance thinking pokabu wants to be iris's she takes out pokeball. pokabu against that and goes for ash, ash agrees throws pokeball shakes around and is caught. ash and iris leave heading ever closer to the gym. well thats it for the blow by blow account
    Last edited by tidus; 7th October 2010 at 12:43 PM.

I'm quite cool that all Pokemon (sans Mamepato) has their own backstory in Ash's roster.

Mijumaru will forge a rivalry with Shooti's Tsutarja.
    Pokabu is another abused Pokemon but in a "lighter" sense.
    Tsutarja will rival all the males in this season.

I think they won't show us the person who owned Pokabu because if they do, it will be Chimchar 2.0. This time we'll have less backstory which is good. What's important is what happened after and not be overly-dramatic to the point that the limelight is already hugged.

A fire starter being abused...........does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast