Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice (663)

Quote Originally Posted by BWfan View Post
    I call dibs that Ash gets Enbuoo and Mijumaru and Tsutarja dont evolve and remain useless. Since this is Kanto reboot, expect this stuff. >.<

I mean what, the way Pokabu was abused sounds like how charmander was abused, not chimchar. Lots resemble Kanto, but I hope the evolutions dont resemble Kanto.

Anyways, from what I've read, it seems Mijumaru is just gonna be one of ash's most memorable pokemon with that distinctive attitude.
    I would have to disagree. about miju not evolving. It getting extreme attention. plus it would be a good plot twist if pokabu doesn't want to evolve so it can prove that its strong in its unevolved form.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Okay, another abused Fire-starter.

But to be honest, the tied-up, unfed, dirtied take on it was VERY TOUCHING. The back story was meh, but yeah, I'm being bias right here because that freakin' pokabu was just cute. Especially being thin >W<
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    I would have to disagree. about miju not evolving. It getting extreme attention. plus it would be a good plot twist if pokabu doesn't want to evolve so it can prove that its strong in its unevolved form.
    Well if you're hoping for that, then just pray that the writers allow Miju to evolve despite its cuteness and appeal to the fans. ( I must say though, Futachimaru looks much cuter than Mijumaru. And Daikenki is just a beast, loses all cuteness)

They could pull off something like evolving all starters to second forms though, and then maybe evolve Mijumaru since it looks to be the main starter.

Poor, Poor Pokabu. *sniff* This episode just made me wish I chose pokabu as my starter instead of mijumaru, if only for plot's sake.
    The Chronicles of Black and White- Book 1: Unova Journeys - My fanfic that I've recently started. There's more to it than just the story plot of the games, so hopefully you'll like it. Currently doing Chapter 4.

That poor PokabuT__T It was so sad

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Oh my God, it was so UNFAIR what that trainer did to Pokabu :cries: but at least we didn't get to see him, that was great.

Did anyone else saw James with a glass of wine? lol I bet they will edit that in the dub. =/

@ Nacreous: wow, that is a very cute pic, Pokabu is amazing ^_^

I like how Ash is compasionate and tries to protect Pokabu.I don't think Iris has a very good opinion about Ash though>.>

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

^ Pokemon international doesn't do that much editing like 4 kids did. I certainly think that the writer could keep mijumaru 's cuteness and appeal if it evolves to futachimaru. Heck remember that Teddiursa episode in Johto were it was cute and when it evolved it still tried to pull off the cuteness card

Nacreous, jugding how Iris was looking at Ash comforting pokabu, I think she is developing more of a good opinion of him.

In last weeks episode she admired Ash's will to save the wild pokemon. So she's coming to consider Ash a very competent trainer.
    Last edited by TicoPokemonMaster; 7th October 2010 at 5:52 PM.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Quick note here: if Ash captures Tsutarja next - it's a reversal of Kanto where he caught Bulbasaur, then Charmander, then Squirtle. Nice little thingy there.
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

He techincally didn't catch mijumaru, miju was a "gift" from the Professor.

What is up with this series and abusing the fire starters? I don't mind getting them it's just why must they suffer?! I felt so sorry for Pokabu. I still think that Mijumaru will be Ash's main though. Anyways good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Abused Fire Starter again? Geesh. Fire-types are becoming redundant in this franchise.
    My exact reaction:

*Sees Pokabu's backstory*

Me: "Oh come on...."

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    This was the first episode in a very long time that made me laugh a lot.

Pikachu getting bonked on the head by boxes? And then a sink? All because Mijumaru pushed it out of the way because it wanted to eat food?

Hilarious.
    That was priceless. I think I"ll make a .gif of that at some point...

Wow, this was truly an amusing episode. Kind of made up for the slightly rushed feel of last episode.

I absolutely loved how Ash goes to battle that trainer, sends Pikachu first, Mijumaru comes out and demands that it battles, trainer sends out Futachimaru, Mijumaru is then, "never mind, you go ahead.". Wow, I'm really beginning to love Mijumaru.

Pokabu was quite cute... knowing what it evolves into still had me bothered. However, I nearly facepalmed upon seeing it's backstory.

Also, I loved the scene with Pikachu knocking over those boxes, then several other boxes fall onto him, then that metal plate. Awesome.

Okay, this should have occurred to Ash since he was told that Isshu doesn't have any older Pokemon, so why exactly did he suggest Bla-I mean, Umbreon? It's from Johto, they're in Isshu. There isn't supposed to be anything old there. Otherwise, having an excuse for Meowth to get painted like an Umbreon was hilarious. His expression after realizing was Jessie was up to was priceless.

Then him talking to the battle club guys was amusing, reveals that he isn't an Umbreon, casually walks past them, and then someone notices that he's probably the Meowth on the Camera.

And finally 4th time consecutively that Team Rocket has not blasted off. Wow, this is starting to get interesting.

I actually kind of hope Iris gets another Pokemon. Something tells me that she doesn't really want her Kibago to fight just yet, so she's trying to find something else before actually using it. I think she wants more than one Poke to fight with. If that makes any sense.

edit: One last thing: I noticed that this around they're using a lot of the game's soundtrack in this one. I heard: trainer battle theme, E4 theme (not battle, the pokemon league theme), victory theme (after having caught a Pokemon), and I'm pretty sure I heard a town/city theme as well.

C_L
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 7th October 2010 at 6:10 PM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    Quick note here: if Ash captures Tsutarja next - it's a reversal of Kanto where he caught Bulbasaur, then Charmander, then Squirtle. Nice little thingy there.
    If Ash catches Tsutarja next it'll be the reverse of any region since normally he catches the grass starter first of the starters regardless of whether he catches all 3 or just 1.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Points.

~ Ash thought he reached Sanyou City, but Iris tells him its Karakoto Town. (spelling?)
    ~ Iris tells him about the Battle Club.
    - Opening -
    ~ In the BC, they see a Jarody vs Fatchumaru (sp?)
    ~ Jarody loses... trainer runs off to Pokemon Center most likely.
    ~ Don George is the owner of the BC, and is intrigued by Piakchu.
    ~ Boy with Fatchumaru wants to batle Ash.
    ~ Ash accepts and uses Pikachu.... but Miju lets itself out of its pokeball so he can battle and knocks Pikachu down.
    ~ As he sees he's battling his evolved form, he backs down and tags Pikachu so he can battle him.
    ~ Battle begins

Pikachu uses Thunderbolt. It missed.
    Pikachu uses Iron Tail. It hits and sends Fatchu sliding on floor.
    Pikachu uses Volt Tackle. It missed and Pikachu runs into the wall.
    Fatchumaru uses Shell Blade. It hits.

- Scene change. -

~ TR enters some kind of storage area, and a shadow of a pokemon runs out from the storage area and alarms activate. TR runs away. Ash's battle is interupted.
    ~ They all run out to the storage area but nobody's there.
    ~ So they check the surveillance footage, Kibago comes out of the hair, and they see TR... with Ash explaining who they are. They also see a shadow of a pokemon go past TR.
    ~ Based on the outline Ash thinks its an Umbreon and looks it up on his pokedex for them. I gotta say its pretty impressive...
    ~ Ash and iris going to lure "Umbreon" out while Don George and his minions are hunting for it.
    ~ TR is hiding close to Don George's group, and they overhear they are looking for an Umbreon. This gives Jessie the idea to paint meowth up as an Umbreon to distract them. It works.
    ~ Meanwhile Ash and Iris are using pokemon food to lure the pokemon from the storage area. Iris goes to search somewhere else I presume.
    ~ Miju comes out of its pokaball again so Ash leaves Piakchu and Miju to keep a lookout in the storage area and Ash leaves to where they ended the pokemon food trail.
    ~ Miju starts to eat the food, and Pikachu tells hi to stop but Miju sends Pikachu flying into some boxes as a reflex after Pikachu shook him.
    ~ Boxes fall on top of Pikachu's head and gets hit with a pan and is knocked out and an opened box falls on top of Pikachu and covers him.
    ~ Miju is oblivious to what happened and continues eating.

- Halfway Point -

~Ash while hiding behind a bush sees the pokemon and realizes its a Pokabu and checks his pokedex.
    ~ This Pokabu looks thin and dirty. I'm guessing its a female athlete and it eats and then barfs up the food cause she doesn't want to get fat. But I'm wrong as it has rope ties around its mouth and it can't eat and Ash realizes this.
    ~ Ash gets closer to help and startles Pokabu but then Iris comes walking and makes Pokabu run away. Ash tells her he's found the pokemon, and they follow Pokabu.
    ~ Pokbu runs into a dead end, Ash gets close picks it up and Pokabu second hand smokes into Ash's face. Iris is startled by Pokabu's second hand smoke.
    ~ Ash starts to remove the rope around Pokabu's mouth and Iris is concerned but amazed by Ash's behavior.
    ~ Iris gives it food and Ash cleaned Pokabu. Pokabu starts grubbin'.
    ~ Ash gets pets Pokabu while its eating.
    ~ Iris is once again staring at Ash with a sort of "impressed/astounded" look.
    -scene change-

~ We see Umbreon-Meowth run on FOUR LEGS! Wow...
    ~ Its still being chased by Don George and his minions.
    ~ Meowth gets cornered and DG and his miniosn start getting emotional for seeing an Umbreon.
    ~Meowth tells them he's not an Umbreon but a Meowth and walks away leaving them in tears of disappointment.

-scene change-

~ TR is back at the storage area searching around to see what they can steal, when they see Pikachu under a box. Its unconcious and they do what to do.
    ~ Mijumaru is behind a box observing them. Ii bet its deciding whether to let them kidnap Pikachu so he won't have competition for Ash's attention or just do the right thing.
    ~ Now we see Ash and Iris walking while Pokabu is asleep on Ash's shoulder.
    ~ They encounter DG and his minions, and DG recognizes Pokabu.
    ~ Pokabu was a Trainer's pokemon. But when it lost to a Shikijika, it released Pokabu, and tied him up to a pole and Pokabu tried to run after him and the rope broke but ended up tied against its mouth.
    ~ Pokabu wakes up then they see TR walking past with a black sack.
    ~ TR starts to speed up and Miju is right after them and tries to tell Ash what hey have, and then pikachu's voice is heard from the bag.
    ~ Ash tells Miju to use Water Gun but TR encases themselves in a dome. The dome protects them against Water Gun and it starts to hover them away.
    ~ I bet Ash is going to send Mamepato after them.
    ~ Oops I guess not (sigh) Pokabu wants to stop them and Ash commands Pokabu to use Ember I presume.
    ~ The dome breaks and Pikachu falls down and Ash catches it.
    ~ TR escapes using hang gliders.
    ~ Iris attacks Pokabu with a cute attack and asks him if he wants to join her.
    ~ Just like Mijumaru did, it backs away from er and runs to Ash's leg.
    ~ Ash catches Pokabu
    ~ Ash asks them what happened in teh storage area nd Pikachu starts to complain while Miju is like "I don't what happened"
    ~ We see Giovani talking to TR. I wonder what he's telling them...

Random : PokéRadar

Just saw the episode pics, and there are a few things I need clearing up.
    First of all, this was a good episode. Pokabu really got me all sentimental, and Mijumaru seems like a combination of Chikorita, Psyduck and Piplup. Although I semi-like that, hopefully it changes when(if) he evolves(to its final form).
    Now, what exactly did Giovanni talk with Jessie, James and Meowth at the end of the episode?
    And what attack did the Fatchimaru(Sorry if I got the name wrong) use after Pikachu used Volt?

Looks like Ash not only helped Pokabu, but to have it because they formed a bond. Due to his own kindness, Pokabu allows himself to become captured by Ash. It seems that Iris doesn't realize that Ash and Pikachu got a lot of experience throughout the years in Kanto,Orange,Johto,Hoenn,and Sinnoh. Once again that Team Rocket got away. I wish that Ash would sent them blasting off.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post

~ Pokabu was a Trainer's pokemon. But when it lost to a Shikijika, it released Pokabu, and tied him up to a pole and Pokabu tried to run after him and the rope broke but ended up tied against its mouth.
    No. Not released. Abandoned. There's a huge difference.

I didn't watch the episode. But from what I saw from the screen shots. It seems like a sad/happy episode. (I can't believe I'm saying this but I can't wait until this season comes to the US).

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Okay, this should have occurred to Ash since he was told that Isshu doesn't have any older Pokemon, so why exactly did he suggest Bla-I mean, Umbreon? It's from Johto, they're in Isshu. There isn't supposed to be anything old there.
    IIRC, he was never told that Isshu doesn't "have" certain Pok&#233;mon, just that those who're not native to Isshu are extremely rare. And even then, there could always be cases where Trainers who're not from Isshu bring their Pok&#233;mon along, release/abandon them for whatever reason and they begin to 'exist' in the wild.

We know from BW001 that, for example, wild Pikachu haven't been seen in Isshu yet, but Professor Araragi didn't make it sound as if it was a utopian thought that someday, a wild one would eventually pop out.

Don George mentioned that the silhouette of the Pok&#233;mon looked unfamiliar to him, so it actually made sense for Ash to consider the possibility that it was a Pok&#233;mon he knows from other regions.

My two cents:
    Isshu starter Pok&#233;mon = love. I thought Mijumaru was adorable, but then comes Pokabu and nearly kills me with saccharine cuteness. Was kinda annoyed about the prospect of the three starters belonging to the same Trainer again, and I still am to an extent, but... urrrgh I have to forgive Pokabu. And at least horror movie material like Hihidaruma stays away from Ash, so that's another positive side to it.
    Last edited by Sushi; 7th October 2010 at 6:47 PM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleo View Post
    Well technically if it was abandoned then Ash wouldn't have been able to capture it in its pokeball.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    Just saw the episode pics, and there are a few things I need clearing up.
    First of all, this was a good episode. Pokabu really got me all sentimental, and Mijumaru seems like a combination of Chikorita, Psyduck and Piplup. Although I semi-like that, hopefully it changes when(if) he evolves(to its final form).
    Now, what exactly did Giovanni talk with Jessie, James and Meowth at the end of the episode?
    And what attack did the Fatchimaru(Sorry if I got the name wrong) use after Pikachu used Volt?
    I didn't even notice the Giovanni excerpt at the end. I cut the episode after it faded to black after Pokabu's capture. I'm sure it has to do more with Plasma than TR failing to get Pikachu. The music sounded like the plot was thickening. Maybe Giovanni heard of Plasma, N, or Geechisu doing something soon?

I think it was Shell Blade that Futachimaru used. It sounded like Shardo Brado Or something like that. Shell Blade is シェルブレード. Translation is Sheruburedo, similar to what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Looks like Ash not only helped Pokabu, but to have it because they formed a bond. Due to his own kindness, Pokabu allows himself to become captured by Ash. It seems that Iris doesn't realize that Ash and Pikachu got a lot of experience throughout the years in Kanto,Orange,Johto,Hoenn,and Sinnoh. Once again that Team Rocket got away. I wish that Ash would sent them blasting off.
    Do you think Ash has told Iris everything yet? If he did, it seems she would think more of him. I'd think even without telling her, the bond with Pikachu would be enough to explain everything about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleo View Post
    As the show has shown, that abandoned = a forced and harsh release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    IIRC, he was never told that Isshu doesn't "have" certain Pokémon, just that those who're not native to Isshu are extremely rare. And even then, there could always be cases where Trainers who're not from Isshu bring their Pokémon along, release/abandon them for whatever reason and they begin to 'exist' in the wild.

We know from BW001 that, for example, wild Pikachu haven't been seen in Isshu yet, but Professor Araragi didn't make it sound as if it was a utopian thought that someday, a wild one would eventually pop out.

Don George mentioned that the silhouette of the Pokémon looked unfamiliar to him, so it actually made sense for Ash to consider the possibility that it was a Pokémon he knows from other regions.
    People need to stop confusing the game with the anime. Non-Isshu Pokemon are rare in Isshu, not non-existant.

Wow, Ash cathces another abused Fire-type starter PKMN. Man, these fire starters are serious victims in the PKMNverse.

Mijimaru kind of reminds me of Misty's Psyduck when it came to randomly popping out of its pokeball; however it is competent to challenge other Pokemon rather be confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    IIRC, he was never told that Isshu doesn't "have" certain Pokémon, just that those who're not native to Isshu are extremely rare. And even then, there could always be cases where Trainers who're not from Isshu bring their Pokémon along, release/abandon them for whatever reason and they begin to 'exist' in the wild.

Don George mentioned that the silhouette of the Pokémon looked unfamiliar to him, so it actually made sense for Ash to consider the possibility that it was a Pokémon he knows from other regions.
    Yeah, my lack of Japanese comprehension likely contributed to me not being aware of this. Once I see this episode subbed (which should be anytime now, I have enough subscriptions to know when one will eventually appear), then I'll probably understand more of what's going on.

But hey, my interpretation skills are getting better.

My two cents:
    Isshu starter Pokémon = love. I thought Mijumaru was adorable, but then comes Pokabu and nearly kills me with saccharine cuteness. Was kinda annoyed about the prospect of the three starters belonging to the same Trainer again, and I still am to an extent, but... urrrgh I have to forgive Pokabu. And at least horror movie material like Hihidaruma stays away from Ash, so that's another positive side to it.
    As long as Pokabu becomes this region's Buizel, I'll be happy. I honestly don't like the design of the fire starter for this region, but that may stem more from the fact that it's a dual type who barely learns anything for it's secondary type. Otherwise, it's apparently pretty good.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

loved this episode mijumaru was pure gold with his push pikachu away i am going to battle. oh wait it's my evolved form nevermind then go ahead pikachu and no hard feelings.

and what do you want man i am eating go have some boxes fall on you or something.

the whole episodes was great.

I was a tiny bit annoyed when I first learned that Pokabu had belonged to an abusive trainer . . . I mean, it's been done. But I forgot all about that when I saw it . . . that pig was just utterly adorable. From what I saw, the episode looks good in general as well . . . I tend to like the capture episodes, at least the ones where the writers actually let us 'get to know' the pokemon first instead of just having someone catch it randomly.
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast