Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice (663)

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    My two cents:

Sushi, did you see the episode or just the pics? If so, do you know what Giovanni said to Team Rocket please? Thank you!

Still loving Mijumaru. It's almost like the writers took Chikorita's jealousy of Pikachu and actually did something with it for more than one episode. I hope it keeps going. Also, sounds like the VA who did Pinpuku's voice is doing Mijumaru's voice. Am I right?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Yeah, my lack of Japanese comprehension likely contributed to me not being aware of this. Once I see this episode subbed (which should be anytime now, I have enough subscriptions to know when one will eventually appear), then I'll probably understand more of what's going on.

But hey, my interpretation skills are getting better.

C_L
    The subbed version of BW001 was on the tube a week ago. I caught it and Araragi was saying they were rare.

Quilava back when it was a Cyndaquil is probably the only starter pokemon Ash actually captured. Mijumaru was a gift and the others from Bulbasaur to Pokebu were obtained because they each chose to join him.

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    As the show has shown, that abandoned = a forced and harsh release.
    Abandoned doesn't always mean a release.

In the episode with the abandoned Charmander (who later became Ash's pokemon), when Ash first threw a pokeball, it failed to capture him.

What happened to Team Rocket? Did they get brainwashed in elite member school? I want the goofy TR back, it doesn't feel right without them.

For example, it felt out of character to not react with glee at the sight of Ash's Pikachu ready to be captured at their hands. It felt more subdued than anything. And I beleve this is the first time Meowth has ever admitted to being disguised (as Umbreon).
    It makes me uneasy.
    Wii Console Number: 2471 5162 9486 4718
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2449 4326 8585
    Pokemon Pearl: 0817 0421 0350
    AC: City Folk: 2063 2647 5316
    Xbox 360 GamerTag: Alex IR esq

If interested, send a private message reply posthaste.

Wow. ash catches an Isshu pokemon, who's also an abused fire type pokemon. *Yawn.* But lovin' the fact that TR never blast off anymore. Yeah, finally a competent TR.

I personally prefer the new TR over the old one. Seriously, the "blast offs" got so old and predictable, that they lost their taste after half the first saga. In the dub, their constant rhyming is annoying as hell. And lastly, they're way more competent than before.

DLBROOKS33

Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    In the episode with the abandoned Charmander (who later became Ash's pokemon), when Ash first threw a pokeball, it failed to capture him.
    Only because Charmander didn't want to go to Ash at the time, not because it was uncatchable.

Regardless of the technicalities of the words, Pokabu was still wild so Ash could catch Pokabu with a monster ball.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

charmander and pokabu were both pretty hesitant by ash at first at start charmander kept returning to the rock and pokabu running away from ash.
    so far ash has 4 of his 6 pokemon and we already know the grass starter will be no.5 in 3 episodes.

seems like for this season they are really cutting down on the filler. looking forward to the gym episode next week 3 0n 3 not sure how fair it is to battle 3 gym leaders in 1 go because u can't get a read on strategy.

wondering is Iris really a trainer yet the way she treats pokemon similar to may and dawn at the start not really having a clue also kibabo hasn't been in 1 battle yet. don't know how she can make friends with them if she keeps stretching their face's lol. I also prefer the new and improved TMR the constant blastoffs were a real pain the only relief was during ash's league competitions.

Anyone have the feeling we might later meet Pokabu's former trainer. With Charmander and Chimchar, we knew the former trainers (Damion and Paul respectively). Part of me hopes that this arrogant trainer isn't Shooti (too soon to be similar).

Quote Originally Posted by turtle twig View Post
    Anyone have the feeling we might later meet Pokabu's former trainer. With Charmander and Chimchar, we knew the former trainers (Damion and Paul respectively). Part of me hopes that this arrogant trainer isn't Shooti (too soon to be similar).
    Shooti praised tsutarja when it won so I doubt he would go as far as leaving a pokemon tied to a pole. Plus Paul released pokemon but he was a *** (meaning he would tied up a pokemon). the worst Paul did was to let chimchar go after to fend for its own after been with him for so long.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

If we're going by the game's information, then Iris is either just Shaga's daughter running around playing and he's the gym leader, or she's the gym leader and she's just fooling Ash for now. I'd say the former is what the anime would likely follow.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Sushi, did you see the episode or just the pics? If so, do you know what Giovanni said to Team Rocket please? Thank you!
    He just had new instructions for them. They were ordered to go to Sanyo City, contact the headquarters from there and investigate at "a certain place".

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Although Team Rocket is more badass, the only thing they have managed to accomplish is preventing themselves from blasting off. Hopefully they will actually manage to successfully steal something or catch something worthy of Giovanni's time.
    MY TEAMS FROM KANTO TO UNOVA

Quote Originally Posted by Gipauchii View Post
    Although Team Rocket is more badass, the only thing they have managed to accomplish is preventing themselves from blasting off. Hopefully they will actually manage to successfully steal something or catch something worthy of Giovanni's time.
    Giovanni'ss giving them the time though, so they must be doing something right.

I've warmed up to Pokabu as a whole from this episode. I didn't like the Pokemon at first, but the episode made me like it. It's kind of cute.

Pokabu is adorable, a lot cuter than the otter. I really don't understand the appeal of that thing, it looks like Chucky Finster from Rugrats...

The sooner it evolves the better.
    [IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/2qs5fe1.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://oi52.*******.com/59u7vn.jpg[/img]
    Doryuuzu Excadrill is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
    The sooner it evolves the better.
    No. Its evolutions are trash.

Keep it unevolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    He just had new instructions for them. They were ordered to go to Sanyo City, contact the headquarters from there and investigate at "a certain place".
    Awesome. Thank you Sushi. So Giovanni gives them orders on screen now? TR is officially getting badass.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Awesome. Thank you Sushi. So Giovanni gives them orders on screen now? TR is officially getting badass.
    They kind of scare me now.

Tried screwing around with a gif maker because this scene just reaks of win.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...White/miju.gif
    Last edited by raz1337; 8th October 2010 at 7:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    No. Its evolutions are trash.

Keep it unevolved.
    Mijumaru's evolutions are acceptable, but Mijumaru looks alot better than both of then. I'm kindbof skeptical of Pokabu evolving and turning into the same type that Infernape is.
    If you approve of Black and White's new Female lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Let's do this!

Image from Preview of DP 189

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerOfLegend View Post
    Mijumaru's evolutions are acceptable, but Mijumaru looks alot better than both of then. I'm kindbof skeptical of Pokabu evolving and turning into the same type that Infernape is.
    None complained about bayleef and sceptile. What's wrong with infernape and pokabu evos. As far as I am concerned they are totally different. Emboar can hardly be a fast, agile mach-puncher. Emboar will be the cudgel instead of the spear, if you know what I mean.

I agree completely with hol123. Even I didn't like Pokabu, but this episode made me feel differently for it, and I also agree that Mijumaru should evovle, and Pokabu should stay in its base form.

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    None complained about bayleef and sceptile. What's wrong with infernape and pokabu evos. As far as I am concerned they are totally different. Emboar can hardly be a fast, agile mach-puncher. Emboar will be the cudgel instead of the spear, if you know what I mean.
    Ash has enough powerful fire type poke'mon. He needs a change, and a fully-evolved water type would be better for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    Ash has enough powerful fire type poke'mon. He needs a change, and a fully-evolved water type would be better for him.
    I completely agree. I was just saying that if pokabu choses to evolve to the fullest (along with miju) that might not be such a bad thing.

So another episode and yet we haven't seen Koromori yet , I'm sure the writers know what their doing.
    Iris getting upset that Pokabu also wanted to Join Ash. Could this be a hint that the 3rd and final starter Tsurtaja might in fact join Iris?.

Anyway this isn't the place for this. Staying on topic I give this episode a 9

I rather think they'll continue the gag that Iris even wanted Tsujarta, but even that one went to Ash.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast