Thread: My awesome 5th gen team

Default My awesome 5th gen team

My first thought when I put together this team was that I want ALL of them to be 5th gen pkmn. I'm not going to be sending anything from past gens to use in my team. I think this group has good type coverage, and not too many shared weaknesses.

Daikenki- The only starter that really appealed to me, and it's probly one of my favorite water types from this gen.
    Nature: Timid
    Ability:Shell Armor
    -Surf
    -Ice beam
    -Boiling water
    -Grass knot/Megahorn

Shanderaa- Possibly one of my favorite ghost types from any gen, and it has a massive sp.atk stat. I think it should be able to handle the many fighting types that came with this gen, along with all the new bug, and steel types. I would like to fit energy ball on this set somehow, but idk what the best way to do it is...
    Ability: Shadow Tag
    -Psychic
    -Bursting Flame/Flamethrower/Purgatory
    -Shadow ball
    -Pain split/Calm Mind

Warubiaru- It was kind of a toss up bewteen Warubiaru and Doryuzuu, but I ended up deciding on Warubiaru just cuz I like how Warubiaru looks. Also, from what I've heard, Warubiaru is pretty much a beast in battle.
    Ability: Overconfidence
    Nature: Adamant
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge
    -Fire fang

Ononokusu- In my opinion, probably the best dragon in this gen. It's stats are all great, and it learns dragon dance. This thing has the potential to be a real monster.
    Ability:Mold Breaker
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw

Denchura- Has great typing, and it's the first bug type that I've really ever considered using. Also, 100% thunder just makes it a beast.
    Ability: Compound eyes
    -Thunder
    -Energy Ball
    -Bug buzz
    -Agility/Volt Change

Mebukijika- Here I was torn between Mebukijika and Doreida. I decided on Mebukijika for its more diverse movepool and ghost immunity.
    Ability: Adamant/Jolly???
    Ability: Herbivore
    -Megahorn
    -Jump Kick
    -Wood horn
    -Thunder wave/Wild bolt

As you can see, there are a few moveslots I'm not sure about. Also, I'm not really good at EV planning, and I haven't really tried to work that out a whole lot yet anyway. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please RMT!!! =]
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes and Current Breeding Projet:

Am I just unable to do math correctly? Why does everyone keep saying Denchura will be able to use Thunder with 100% accuracy? Compoundeyes raises accuracy by 30%. Thunder hits 70% of the time, barring Rain Dance. 70 * 1.3 = 91. Not 100. Right?

Yes, you are correct, it is 91%.

For Shanderaa, IMO replace Psychic with Energy Ball.
    Psychic's coverage isn't that good, and it doesn't gain STAB due to Shanderaa being Fire/Ghost.

For Daikenki, choose between Surf or Boiling Water, not both. And since you already have Ice Beam, I don't think you'll need Megahorn (not to mention it's Timid) so keep Grass Knot. And try checking it's Hidden Power

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Raikou_fan View Post
    My first thought when I put together this team was that I want ALL of them to be 5th gen pkmn. I'm not going to be sending anything from past gens to use in my team. I think this group has good type coverage, and not too many shared weaknesses.

Daikenki- The only starter that really appealed to me, and it's probly one of my favorite water types from this gen.
    Ability:Shell Armor
    -Surf/Boiling Water
    -Ice beam
    -Hidden Power(Ground)
    -Grass knot

Surf or Boiling Water not both. Hidden Power(Ground) sorts out electrics and hits steels harder.

Shanderaa- Possibly one of my favorite ghost types from any gen, and it has a massive sp.atk stat. I think it should be able to handle the many fighting types that came with this gen, along with all the new bug, and steel types. I would like to fit energy ball on this set somehow, but idk what the best way to do it is...
    Ability: Shadow Tag
    -Energy Ball
    -Flamethrower
    -Shadow ball
    -Pain split/Calm Mind

Energy Ball means it covers all weaknesses except dark. Calm Mind > Pain Split

Warubiaru- It was kind of a toss up bewteen Warubiaru and Doryuzuu, but I ended up deciding on Warubiaru just cuz I like how Warubiaru looks. Also, from what I've heard, Warubiaru is pretty much a beast in battle.
    Ability: Overconfidence
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge
    -Outrage

Outrage over Fire Fang. You will get coverage of a Arceus holding six plates.

Ononokusu- In my opinion, probably the best dragon in this gen. It's stats are all great, and it learns dragon dance. This thing has the potential to be a real monster.
    Ability:Mold Breaker
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw

Fine.

Denchura- Has great typing, and it's the first bug type that I've really ever considered using. Also, 100% thunder just makes it a beast.
    Ability: Compound eyes
    -Thunder
    -Energy Ball
    -Bug buzz
    -Agility/Volt Change/Thunder Wave

Fine.

Mebukijika- Here I was torn between Mebukijika and Doreida. I decided on Mebukijika for its more diverse movepool and ghost immunity.
    Ability: Adamant/Jolly???
    Ability: Herbivore
    -Megahorn
    -Jump Kick
    -Wood horn
    -Thunder wave/Wild bolt

Fine.
    As you can see, there are a few moveslots I'm not sure about. Also, I'm not really good at EV planning, and I haven't really tried to work that out a whole lot yet anyway. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please RMT!!! =]
    Overall a good team with only an Ice weakness to worry about. Even then all three have something to combat them. Comments in Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Thank you all! I had thought about some of the things you all had mentioned, but I wasn't really sure on them.

On daikenki, the only reason I had boiling water was for double/triple battles. I'll probably use surf over boiling water, and HP ground is a good idea. Then on Shanderaa, the only reason I had Psychic was to cover fighting types, but I guess Shanderaa can probably wall them pretty well anyway, so I guess I don't need it. I will probably still go with fire fang over outrage on warubiaru. It's not as strong, but it covers all of warubiarus weaknesses better. On Denchura, even if Thunder isn't 100%, 91% is still pretty good for something with 120 base power.

Thank you all again!
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes and Current Breeding Projet: