Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2581

Thread: Dawn/Hikari fan club v4 [Warning: images may be over 500 kb]

  1. #2376
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    When you first saw Dawn in the anime what did you think of her?
    She's cute, I'd like to know more about her.

    If you could choose different colours for Dawn's clothes, what would you choose and why?
    Cute colors

    Do you think Dawn and Ash are a good couple or best friends?
    Oh, they're more than just 'best friends'. They're on their way to becoming a couple.

    Would you have rathered Dawn choose a different starter? If yes, which one and why?
    Doesn't matter. But if she did, Turtwig. Chimchar doesn't suit her.

    Would you have liked it if Piplup stay in its pokeball?
    Doesn't matter.

    What is your favorite Dawn outfit?
    Her normal outfit. That's her most recognizable and most appealing of her outfits.

    Which one of Dawn's pokemon do you think is most like her?
    Buneary

    What is your favourite Dawn shipping?
    Pearlshipping.

    How would you feel/react if you actually met Dawn?
    I'd be shocked and amazed at her sight. I'd want to hug her.

    Do you think Dawn is better off with Ash And Co?
    Depends on whether the show is good or not. I'd spare Hikari from having to suffer the agony of being with a horrible cast.

    Who is your favourite rival of Dawn's?
    None of them.

    Which of Dawn's Pokemon is your favourite?
    Buneary

    Do you think Dawn should have her own show?
    Absolutely!

    If you could have Dawn catch any Pokemon which one would it be and why?
    A grass type would suit her.

    If you had to take away one of Dawn's Pokemon, which would you choose?
    Pachirisu

    Do you think Dawn will be mentioned in the last episode of Pokemon?
    Yes!

    Who do you think Dawn has a crush on?
    Definitely Satoshi/Ash. Whenever she gets called out on that, she acts all dense just like him.

    Who wanted more episodes with Dawn in her bikini?
    I did! She should have more variety.

    If Dawn were to have a Bug Type Pokemon, what would it be?
    Leavanny, I think that'll suit her. Its abilities are suited for contest moves that she could use to make up new contest moves. Also she needs a Grass-type in her team.

    If Dawn were to have a Flying Type Pokemon (other than her Togekiss), what would it be?
    Altaria

    What do you think will happen when Dawn returns to visit Ash and his friends?
    If Dawn visits Ash and friends again, where do you think they will be?
    I wish she'd appear in every single season. But that's asking for too much. And I hope she does something interesting.

    What is your least favorite pokemon that Dawn had?
    Pachirisu

    If you were to rewrite Sinnoh, what would you amend Dawn's team to be?
    Replace Pachirisu with Shinx/Luxio/Luxray.

    In DPPt if you played as a girl why did you choose Dawn as your main character? And did you name her something different?
    Yes. I named her the same.

    In DPPt if you played as a guy how did you react every time you encountered Dawn during your journey?
    Game Dawn is not exactly the same as Anime Hikari. So I'd be happy, but not as happy as opposed to her anime version.

    In DPPt would you have like to have battled Dawn? If so, how many times, and where would she be located?
    I'd want to battle her at Battle Frontier, she should be the real rival, not Barry/Jun.

    If there was a new 3d game which included all 5 regions and allowed you to travel with the main protagonists of the regions would you choose Dawn? If not, then who would you choose?
    Yes, definitely Dawn, even on new playthroughs. I don't care.

    If it weren't for Hikari, I wouldn't be interested in Pokemon again. In a way, she filled me with enthusiasm just to get me to watch Pokemon and play DPPt just like how I used to back during the original series was airing, waiting for the next episodes to air on TV. After DP, I'm just watching the BW series on and off now (other than Hikari's cameo of course) just to see how bad the series gets. DP was truly the pinnacle of the show, TV and movies. After BW, I might laugh because when they introduce yet another girl, she won't be as good as Hikari will ever be. I wonder if Hikari was somehow the writers' favorite girl, even during/after her cameo? They've given her an awful a lot of screen time compared to both Misty/Kasumi and May/Haruka combined. Hikari/Dawn is the best Pokegirl ever, and my opinion on that will never change for the foreseeable future.

    Question:
        Spoiler:- warning mildly grimdark content:
    Last edited by karczx; 11th May 2013 at 4:45 AM.

  2. #2377
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Hello guys! Don't mean to be a bother but is it alright if I join this club? I absolutely LOVE Dawn!!

  3. #2378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idawnhikari View Post
    Hello guys! Don't mean to be a bother but is it alright if I join this club? I absolutely LOVE Dawn!!
    Sure, welcome to the club!
    What Dawn shipping do you support?
    I support DawnxN and AshxDawn. AshxDawn because it seems like a cute and fluffy friendship that they have.
    DawnxN because it seems so cute and it may be similar to ferriswheelshipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  4. #2379
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Thank you very much! As far as what shipping I support..it was originally MayxAsh but now it's Pearlshipping(DawnxAsh). I just think Dawn is like a female version of Ash so they connect better than any other pairing in my opinion. If you look closely they are VERY much a like as far as attitude and talent goes so I think they make a great pair!

  5. #2380
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    What Dawn shipping do you support?
    DawnXHilbert, I could easily see them as a couple plus they look perfect for each other.
    I also approve of BarryXDawn.

  6. #2381
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    What Dawn shipping do you support?

    Pearlshipping (AshxDawn) 100% It was the most adorable and blatant ship in the show. I fell in love with it on their first high five. Just watching how they care and support each other is so sweet. Also, the movies were great and the songs were amazing....Hi Touch!, You are the One, Kimi no soba de they are all awesome.


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  7. #2382
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    When you first saw Dawn in the anime what did you think of her?
    She better be better than May...

    If you could choose different colours for Dawn's clothes, what would you choose and why?
    Shades of grayscarlet.

    Do you think Dawn and Ash are a good couple or best friends?
    Good friends.

    Would you have rathered Dawn choose a different starter? If yes, which one and why?
    Piplup is fine, though I'm sure others would have preferred it because of its dub voice. Better than most of the other voices, I'm just saying.

    Would you have liked it if Piplup stay in its pokeball?

    Yes.

    What is your favorite Dawn outfit?

    Her PLL outfit.

    Which one of Dawn's pokemon do you think is most like her?
    Buneary

    What is your favourite Dawn shipping?

    Twinleafshipping.

    How would you feel/react if you actually met Dawn?

    Idk, honestly. I'd watch out for Mamoswine.

    Do you think Dawn is better off with Ash And Co?

    If by Ash and co., you mean DP Ash and Brock, then no, she's better when she's with good characters (BW2 cameo FTW).

    Who is your favourite rival of Dawn's?

    Ursula I guess

    Which of Dawn's Pokemon is your favourite?

    Swinub

    Do you think Dawn should have her own show?

    Only Brock should get that honor.

    If you could have Dawn catch any Pokemon which one would it be and why?

    Umbreon or Mandibuzz

    If you had to take away one of Dawn's Pokemon, which would you choose?
    Pachirisu

    Do you think Dawn will be mentioned in the last episode of Pokemon?

    Yes.

    Who do you think Dawn has a crush on?

    Ash.

    Who wanted more episodes with Dawn in her bikini?

    Not me, fanservice should be kept to a minimum.

    If Dawn were to have a Bug Type Pokemon, what would it be?

    Butterfree or Ledian

    If Dawn were to have a Flying Type Pokemon (other than her Togekiss), what would it be?

    Staraptor, so Ash wouldn't get the generic bird.

    What do you think will happen when Dawn returns to visit Ash and his friends?
    If Dawn visits Ash and friends again, where do you think they will be?

    Kanto, just want a sense of progress, and a better reason for appearing.

    What is your least favorite pokemon that Dawn had?

    Pachirisu, too cutesy, and I hated it from the start.

    If you were to rewrite Sinnoh, what would you amend Dawn's team to be?

    No Buizel/Aipom trade
    No Pachirisu

    In DPPt if you played as a girl why did you choose Dawn as your main character? And did you name her something different?

    Yes. She looked better. Can't remember.

    In DPPt if you played as a guy how did you react every time you encountered Dawn during your journey?

    Indifferent, she didn't do much.

    In DPPt would you have like to have battled Dawn? If so, how many times, and where would she be located?

    Yes. Multiple times. Anywhere.

    If there was a new 3d game which included all 5 regions and allowed you to travel with the main protagonists of the regions would you choose Dawn? If not, then who would you choose?


    If Red, Leaf, Kris, Gold, Nate, and the XY girl didn't exist, then yeah.
    Last edited by moneylesswario; 13th May 2013 at 4:45 AM.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

    Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

  8. #2383
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    When you first saw Dawn in the anime what did you think of her?
    She's cute and maybe she would be interesting.

    If you could choose different colours for Dawn's clothes, what would you choose and why?
    Dark Blue/Black

    Do you think Dawn and Ash are a good couple or best friends?
    I think they are a destined couple.

    Would you have rathered Dawn choose a different starter? If yes, which one and why?
    I think Pochama is fine. As a person who didnt watch the dub i dont hate him.

    Would you have liked it if Piplup stay in its pokeball?
    I don't care that was just the influence of Pikachu. Pochama wasnt the first out of ball pokemon...

    What is your favorite Dawn outfit?
    Her GF outfit

    Which one of Dawn's pokemon do you think is most like her?
    Buneary

    What is your favourite Dawn shipping?

    Pearlshipping

    How would you feel/react if you actually met Dawn?

    It would be cool I guess. Don't know how I would react though.

    Do you think Dawn is better off with Ash And Co?
    If it was just Dawn and Ash yes, the DP Trio no. Dawn, Iris, and Ash would be comedic gold.

    Who is your favourite rival of Dawn's?

    Nando

    Which of Dawn's Pokemon is your favourite?

    Pachirisu

    Do you think Dawn should have her own show?

    Nah, they should continue Pokemon Side story and keep us up too date.

    If you could have Dawn catch any Pokemon which one would it be and why?

    I would loved her to had a Pichu that matured to a Raichu.

    If you had to take away one of Dawn's Pokemon, which would you choose?
    Cyndaquil

    Do you think Dawn will be mentioned in the last episode of Pokemon?

    Yes without a doubt.

    Who do you think Dawn has a crush on?

    Ash.

    Who wanted more episodes with Dawn in her bikini?

    I'd rather have more episodes with pearlshipping implications than a bikini. Not a huge fanservice person.

    If Dawn were to have a Bug Type Pokemon, what would it be?

    Beautifly or Illumise/Volbeat

    If Dawn were to have a Flying Type Pokemon (other than her Togekiss), what would it be?

    Sigiglyph

    What do you think will happen when Dawn returns to visit Ash and his friends?

    She returns in kanto and stays with ash to travel Karos.
    If Dawn visits Ash and friends again, where do you think they will be?

    Kanto, i believe she will be in XY so yup Kanto.

    What is your least favorite pokemon that Dawn had?

    Swinub

    If you were to rewrite Sinnoh, what would you amend Dawn's team to be?

    No swinub
    Evolve piplup
    get a Pichu egg not cyndaquil

    In DPPt if you played as a girl why did you choose Dawn as your main character? And did you name her something different?

    Yes. i named her Hikari

    In DPPt if you played as a guy how did you react every time you encountered Dawn during your journey?

    never chose the guy

    In DPPt would you have like to have battled Dawn? If so, how many times, and where would she be located?

    Yes. Multiple times. Anywhere.

    If there was a new 3d game which included all 5 regions and allowed you to travel with the main protagonists of the regions would you choose Dawn? If not, then who would you choose?

    I would choose Dawn and Gold with Sapphire and Kotone close behind.


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  9. #2384
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    I like this analysis of Dawn's character:


    http://subtlechaos.wordpress.com/201...en-to-pokemon/

    Is Hikari/Dawn your most favorite character in the series? If so, do you foresee that she'll still remain your favorite for years to come?

    I answered yes to both of them She is my most favorite character to date in the series. There's no other character quite like her except for Satoshi.
    Last edited by karczx; 14th May 2013 at 1:52 AM.

  10. #2385
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    I like this analysis of Dawn's character:


    http://subtlechaos.wordpress.com/201...en-to-pokemon/

    Is Hikari/Dawn your most favorite character in the series? If so, do you foresee that she'll still remain your favorite for years to come?

    I answered yes to both of them She is my most favorite character to date in the series. There's no other character quite like her except for Satoshi.
    I liked that video I agree with it and made the same points in my many debates i have concerning pearl lol.


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  11. #2386
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    The reason why people dislike/hate Hikari is because they place too much value on nostalgia and it often either clouds peoples' judgments or have a selective bias. Granted, kids like to watch what they see at first and stuff like that becomes imprinted. So when they see newer characters, as they grow older, you'd expect them to complain about why they replaced the 'old characters' or how the old seasons are good. Compared to Hikari, the other girls felt like side characters rather than as an actual co-star to the show. In DP, they had to focus on two main quests- Hikari wanting to win the Sinnoh Grand Festival in addition to Satoshi's routine to get all 8 badges and win the tournament (though most people ignore Hikari's quest; because they were seen as fillers and often forget that the Japanese DP intro states that the show is about the tale of Satoshi and Hikari, Pokemon and their friends rather than Satoshi and Pokemon and his friends). She literally WAS the best thing that were to happen to the Pokemon franchise. It was mainly because of Hikari in the anime that Pokemon recovered from its slump, aside from whatever promotions Nintendo decides to do. However, bringing back Hikari alone to the main cast as a main character just can't solve the dilemma of increasing Pokemon popularity. For the most part, whatever happened in DP is already resolved in Hikari's case. Although I might contend that she still should have more room to grow, provided if the anime changes direction. Guess there's one thing missing: As much as I would wish Hikari to come back to become a travelling companion, I hope she doesn't act like BW Satoshi and scans Sinnoh Pokemon with her Pokedex or do anything out of her character at all. There is always a fine balance between overexposed characters and shafted characters and I'd like Hikari to be neither of those. If she were overexposed, she'd be grating and annoying. Though I can't say for certain if she'll ever be shafted for good. The best option is to give her a decent cameo each generation or something. And I'd still like to reiterate that she'll still be my favorite Pokemon character of all time, unless if the screenwriters decide to introduce a new girl who at least can match with Hikari. But I doubt that can ever come up with someone like her again, and I don't want Hikari to turn into an archetype character for the writers to form new characters with.

  12. #2387
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    The reason why people dislike/hate Hikari is because they place too much value on nostalgia and it often either clouds peoples' judgments or have a selective bias. Granted, kids like to watch what they see at first and stuff like that becomes imprinted. So when they see newer characters, as they grow older, you'd expect them to complain about why they replaced the 'old characters' or how the old seasons are good. Compared to Hikari, the other girls felt like side characters rather than as an actual co-star to the show. In DP, they had to focus on two main quests- Hikari wanting to win the Sinnoh Grand Festival in addition to Satoshi's routine to get all 8 badges and win the tournament (though most people ignore Hikari's quest; because they were seen as fillers and often forget that the Japanese DP intro states that the show is about the tale of Satoshi and Hikari, Pokemon and their friends rather than Satoshi and Pokemon and his friends). She literally WAS the best thing that were to happen to the Pokemon franchise. It was mainly because of Hikari in the anime that Pokemon recovered from its slump, aside from whatever promotions Nintendo decides to do. However, bringing back Hikari alone to the main cast as a main character just can't solve the dilemma of increasing Pokemon popularity. For the most part, whatever happened in DP is already resolved in Hikari's case. Although I might contend that she still should have more room to grow, provided if the anime changes direction. Guess there's one thing missing: As much as I would wish Hikari to come back to become a travelling companion, I hope she doesn't act like BW Satoshi and scans Sinnoh Pokemon with her Pokedex or do anything out of her character at all. There is always a fine balance between overexposed characters and shafted characters and I'd like Hikari to be neither of those. If she were overexposed, she'd be grating and annoying. Though I can't say for certain if she'll ever be shafted for good. The best option is to give her a decent cameo each generation or something. And I'd still like to reiterate that she'll still be my favorite Pokemon character of all time, unless if the screenwriters decide to introduce a new girl who at least can match with Hikari. But I doubt that can ever come up with someone like her again, and I don't want Hikari to turn into an archetype character for the writers to form new characters with.
    I respectfully disagree. While I believe that Dawn is a great character in her own right, I don't believe she outshines the others or was the best thing to happen to Pokemon. If that were true, she'd still be here wouldn't she? There's a lot more I could say, but I honestly don't have the time to repute every little thing in that essay. If people dislike her it's because of opinionated ideas like that.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  13. #2388
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Though game sales figures seem to tell a different story, and the anime does play some role in pushing game sales, such as Kotone's cameo for HGSS or Hikari's alternate winter costume.

    http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2506...mon-franchise/

    http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name...=0&results=200

    Pokemon may still sell, but the number of games sold seems to be declining by each generation. However, DP revived Pokemon almost enough, but not to RBY or GS levels. But that's the exception rather than the rule.

  14. #2389
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. While I believe that Dawn is a great character in her own right, I don't believe she outshines the others or was the best thing to happen to Pokemon. If that were true, she'd still be here wouldn't she? There's a lot more I could say, but I honestly don't have the time to repute every little thing in that essay. If people dislike her it's because of opinionated ideas like that.
    That is the wonderful thing about conjecture. Karczx believes one thing about Hikari and stated it. It's not to make us agree (although this is a Hikari fan club thread so we would be somewhat Like-minded) just to state his thoughts. I agree with him I think Hikari was this best thing to happen to pokemon in Story development and games promotion. I came back to pokemon thanks to Diamond Pearl and I know a good amount of people like me. I wouldnt go as far to say she outshined anyone they all had their purpose. Misty (Mentor) May(Student/Friend) Dawn (Companion/closest to equal to Ash we will more likely get.) Also, you cant ignore all the hints and promotion the Japanese Version put into Ash and Dawn's relationship. It was sedated in the Dub but the dub isnt the whole tale. You can refute speculation and analysis but not what is concrete on the show.


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  15. #2390
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    The reason why people dislike/hate Hikari is because they place too much value on nostalgia and it often either clouds peoples' judgments or have a selective bias. Granted, kids like to watch what they see at first and stuff like that becomes imprinted. So when they see newer characters, as they grow older, you'd expect them to complain about why they replaced the 'old characters' or how the old seasons are good. Compared to Hikari, the other girls felt like side characters rather than as an actual co-star to the show. In DP, they had to focus on two main quests- Hikari wanting to win the Sinnoh Grand Festival in addition to Satoshi's routine to get all 8 badges and win the tournament (though most people ignore Hikari's quest; because they were seen as fillers and often forget that the Japanese DP intro states that the show is about the tale of Satoshi and Hikari, Pokemon and their friends rather than Satoshi and Pokemon and his friends). She literally WAS the best thing that were to happen to the Pokemon franchise. It was mainly because of Hikari in the anime that Pokemon recovered from its slump, aside from whatever promotions Nintendo decides to do. However, bringing back Hikari alone to the main cast as a main character just can't solve the dilemma of increasing Pokemon popularity. For the most part, whatever happened in DP is already resolved in Hikari's case. Although I might contend that she still should have more room to grow, provided if the anime changes direction. Guess there's one thing missing: As much as I would wish Hikari to come back to become a travelling companion, I hope she doesn't act like BW Satoshi and scans Sinnoh Pokemon with her Pokedex or do anything out of her character at all. There is always a fine balance between overexposed characters and shafted characters and I'd like Hikari to be neither of those. If she were overexposed, she'd be grating and annoying. Though I can't say for certain if she'll ever be shafted for good. The best option is to give her a decent cameo each generation or something. And I'd still like to reiterate that she'll still be my favorite Pokemon character of all time, unless if the screenwriters decide to introduce a new girl who at least can match with Hikari. But I doubt that can ever come up with someone like her again, and I don't want Hikari to turn into an archetype character for the writers to form new characters with.
    THIS...completely agree with you.

  16. #2391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idawnhikari View Post
    THIS...completely agree with you.
    Please no one liners, it's against the club rules. Please at least explain the reasons why you agree.

    Also instead of answering a ton of topic questions, can we please discuss some of them for a few posts before moving onto another question? We'll get more productive posts that way. Thank you.

    Anyways,
    Is Hikari/Dawn your most favorite character in the series? If so, do you foresee that she'll still remain your favorite for years to come?
    Yeah she is, I love her cute and girly personality and also love her design. These two reason are some of the reasons why I like Dawn the most. I also like how her character was handled in DP and she had the best character development out of the main girls so far imo. She might still be my favorite, but I'm taking a liking to the xy girl so far, hopefully she'll be in the anime so that I won't have to judge her on her design alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  17. #2392
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    That is the wonderful thing about conjecture. Karczx believes one thing about Hikari and stated it. It's not to make us agree (although this is a Hikari fan club thread so we would be somewhat Like-minded) just to state his thoughts. I agree with him I think Hikari was this best thing to happen to pokemon in Story development and games promotion. I came back to pokemon thanks to Diamond Pearl and I know a good amount of people like me. I wouldnt go as far to say she outshined anyone they all had their purpose. Misty (Mentor) May(Student/Friend) Dawn (Companion/closest to equal to Ash we will more likely get.) Also, you cant ignore all the hints and promotion the Japanese Version put into Ash and Dawn's relationship. It was sedated in the Dub but the dub isnt the whole tale. You can refute speculation and analysis but not what is concrete on the show.
    Yes, in your opinion, we all have opinions and that's fine, but trying to force yours on someone else isn't fair either. While she was a great addition to the cast, I wouldn't say that she is the sole reason for Diamond and Pearl's fame because honestly who knows that? There were a lot of factors, the change to the DS games for instance, so we never know. As to promotions, we don't know the intentions of the people in Japan, there's no evidence to support that Ash and Dawn were promoted to be in a relationship. But that's getting off topic, we have threads for shipping Dawn and this isn't the place. As you said, speculation and analysis are meant to be debated, however none of what you or he stated was presented as concrete in the anime/games.

    But like Dawnboy said, let's try to stay on topic, 'kay?

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  18. #2393
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    The reason why people dislike/hate Hikari is because they place too much value on nostalgia and it often either clouds peoples' judgments or have a selective bias.
    Not really. I don't give a crap about nostalgia. Just because Dawn isn't my favorite character doesn't mean "OLD ScHOOL POKEMON WAS THE BEST" some people just don't like her.

    She literally WAS the best thing that were to happen to the Pokemon franchise.
    I disagree.

    It was mainly because of Hikari in the anime that Pokemon recovered from its slump, aside from whatever promotions Nintendo decides to do. However, bringing back Hikari alone to the main cast as a main character just can't solve the dilemma of increasing Pokemon popularity. For the most part, whatever happened in DP is already resolved in Hikari's case. Although I might contend that she still should have more room to grow, provided if the anime changes direction. Guess there's one thing missing: As much as I would wish Hikari to come back to become a travelling companion, I hope she doesn't act like BW Satoshi and scans Sinnoh Pokemon with her Pokedex or do anything out of her character at all. There is always a fine balance between overexposed characters and shafted characters and I'd like Hikari to be neither of those. If she were overexposed, she'd be grating and annoying. Though I can't say for certain if she'll ever be shafted for good. The best option is to give her a decent cameo each generation or something. And I'd still like to reiterate that she'll still be my favorite Pokemon character of all time, unless if the screenwriters decide to introduce a new girl who at least can match with Hikari. But I doubt that can ever come up with someone like her again, and I don't want Hikari to turn into an archetype character for the writers to form new characters with.
    The one thing that is being missed here is a good "In my opinion." "The best thing on the show" is an opinion, you can't prove an opinion and it's open to people with differing ones.

    Now that that's done~

    When you first saw Dawn in the anime what did you think of her?

    She was light hearted, cheerful and spirited.


    If you could choose different colours for Dawn's clothes, what would you choose and why?

    Purple and pink.

    Do you think Dawn and Ash are a good couple or best friends?

    Both


    Would you have rathered Dawn choose a different starter? If yes, which one and why?


    Chimchar. though I think Piplup is the most fitting for her.

    Would you have liked it if Piplup stay in its pokeball?

    Yes


    What is your favorite Dawn outfit?

    Her winter one.


    Which one of Dawn's pokemon do you think is most like her?

    Buneary


    What is your favourite Dawn shipping?


    Pearlshipping/Twinleaf/Penguin/Ikari


    How would you feel/react if you actually met Dawn?


    Idk. Happy?


    Do you think Dawn is better off with Ash And Co?

    Better than she would be with TRio.

    Who is your favourite rival of Dawn's?


    Zoey?

    Which of Dawn's Pokemon is your favourite?

    Buneary

    Do you think Dawn should have her own show?

    Nah.


    If you could have Dawn catch any Pokemon which one would it be and why?


    Cherrim--I always thought it was a bubbly, cheerful Pokemon that would fit her optimism.


    If you had to take away one of Dawn's Pokemon, which would you choose?

    Piplup

    Do you think Dawn will be mentioned in the last episode of Pokemon?

    Yes, I think every main character will have a mention.


    Who do you think Dawn has a crush on?


    No one, yet.


    Who wanted more episodes with Dawn in her bikini?


    No I want more episode with Dento and his unfashionable swim trunks...but alas.



    If Dawn were to have a Bug Type Pokemon, what would it be?


    Larvesta


    If Dawn were to have a Flying Type Pokemon (other than her Togekiss), what would it be?


    Jumpluff

    What do you think will happen when Dawn returns to visit Ash and his friends?

    I think she'll enter the Junior Cup and lose against Iris's Kairyu.


    What is your least favorite pokemon that Dawn had?

    Piplup

    If you were to rewrite Sinnoh, what would you amend Dawn's team to be?

    Empoleon
    Pachirisu
    Buneary
    Cherrim
    Froslass
    Quilava

    In DPPt if you played as a girl why did you choose Dawn as your main character? And did you name her something different?

    I rarely play as the guy. Sometimes I do but that was only like once. I named her Gina because it's a cuter name than Dawn.



    In DPPt if you played as a guy how did you react every time you encountered Dawn during your journey?

    I always played as Dawn lol.

    In DPPt would you have like to have battled Dawn? If so, how many times, and where would she be located?

    ooh I played as Dawn, but battling her would have been interesting. I think maybe a battle in Veilstone, near the footprint guy and before the league maybe??


    If there was a new 3d game which included all 5 regions and allowed you to travel with the main protagonists of the regions would you choose Dawn? If not, then who would you choose?

    For me probably May or Mei.


    “...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

  19. #2394
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    Please no one liners, it's against the club rules. Please at least explain the reasons why you agree.

    Also instead of answering a ton of topic questions, can we please discuss some of them for a few posts before moving onto another question? We'll get more productive posts that way. Thank you.

    Anyways,
    Is Hikari/Dawn your most favorite character in the series? If so, do you foresee that she'll still remain your favorite for years to come?
    Yeah she is, I love her cute and girly personality and also love her design. These two reason are some of the reasons why I like Dawn the most. I also like how her character was handled in DP and she had the best character development out of the main girls so far imo. She might still be my favorite, but I'm taking a liking to the xy girl so far, hopefully she'll be in the anime so that I won't have to judge her on her design alone.
    Okay sorry about that, still kinda new here and just now reading the rules, won't happen again^^; That aside, what you said is also part of why I love Dawn as well. She's the most cute and girly out of the main group of girls and she has some kind of "flair" that Misty and May just don't have in my eyes. Her sense of fashion is also a selling ticket but it's just mostly her personality that made me love her.

  20. #2395
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Twinleaf Town
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I am sorry to bother everyone, but is it alright if I can join this club? x3

  21. #2396

    Default

    Yes you can join, welcome to the club! ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by idawnhikari View Post
    Okay sorry about that, still kinda new here and just now reading the rules, won't happen again^^; That aside, what you said is also part of why I love Dawn as well. She's the most cute and girly out of the main group of girls and she has some kind of "flair" that Misty and May just don't have in my eyes. Her sense of fashion is also a selling ticket but it's just mostly her personality that made me love her.
    Don't worry about it, the 1st warning doesn't go onto your "record" in the Dawn club since you're new xD
    Anyways did you like her personality in BW? It's pretty much the same imo, some people thought she was ooc though xD. I could see why though since she had better interactions with the BW group than with Brock in DP, which made her feel a little fresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  22. #2397
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    Yes you can join, welcome to the club! ^_^



    Don't worry about it, the 1st warning doesn't go onto your "record" in the Dawn club since you're new xD
    Anyways did you like her personality in BW? It's pretty much the same imo, some people thought she was ooc though xD. I could see why though since she had better interactions with the BW group than with Brock in DP, which made her feel a little fresh.
    Phew, that's a relief then xD About her personality in BW it was the same except she had loads of more confidence than in DPl. Did you see the way she battled Ash before she left
    again? She gave him a run for his money! lol I guess you could say she was more content with herself and her abilities as a trainer/coordinator so her making friends with Iris and Cilan was definitely believable.

  23. #2398
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Twinleaf Town
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Thanks so much! Dawn is definitely my top favorite character from Pokemon, and always will be. I have a plush set collection of her team, her Sinnoh Pokedex and Poketch watch, a rare figure from Japan, and I also have all her theme song versions purchased from their respective soundtrack CD's.
    Last edited by xdawnhikari; 23rd May 2013 at 3:35 AM.

  24. #2399
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    The main reason I like Dawn is because she is feminine, cute and the most appealing out of all the main girls. She does have a realistic personality where she's nice but also has a little bit of everything. Not to mention she is my favorite Pokemon character of all time, and I'd like her to be a recurring character provided if she doesn't become the main character again in a series.

    Somewhere inside me feels that if that's Dawn's last cameo in the series, it really felt underwhelming and very flat to me and didn't do so much justice for her, especially at the end of her cameo. But then again, I'm not used to her being demoted to side character because I like her too much. Her appearance was the best thing to have happened in Pokemon, and my stance on that isn't going to change. If I had to put it in another way, if it weren't for Dawn, I wouldn't be interested in Pokemon again.
    Last edited by karczx; 22nd May 2013 at 12:12 AM.

  25. #2400

    Default

    I doubt Dawn will return until the possible ending of the anime imo. When she does return then, I'm guessing that she'll be a top coordinator and possibly a Pokestylist. I also hope that her Buneary evolves be then and that she gets a Typhlosion before Ash xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •