Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you get angry feelings toward Pokemon Villains?

I really like Team Plasma, but they're doing things the wrong way. If they really wanted to help, they'd do things different.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

For the most part, no. Though I did get a little iffy about the Galactic Bomb in Lake (Verity, I think it was). Using real logic, Magikarp are likely incapable of breathing outside of water. Thus, using logic, with the lack of water to live in at the moment, it is very likely that during your battle with Jupiter (I think, sorry, my memory of names in D/P/Pt is fuzzy), those Magikarp died.

Though probably obvious with the picture, I was formerly known as IanDonyer. Actually got a username closer to my real name, now.

Think about it, TR only killed 1 pokemon, Galactic would have killed millions (and they did kill a Cleffa).
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    The only time I was ever angry at a villainous team was when I played Pokemon Red and I heard in Lavender Town about how Team Rocket killed a Cubone's mother. That was just a little too extreme and it changed my view of Team Rocket in the anime. I always thought Team Rocket was a group of jokers who never succeeded in doing much but in the games, they were crueler than I had thought at first. I still can't believe they actually "killed" a Pokemon, even if it was never shown, it's still upsetting.
    Yeah, only killing Pokemon would make me angry. When I battle them it doesn't induce anger in me at all, just an attitude of "let's do this!" Since I usually train extra and overload on hyper potions I know I can usually defeat them anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08
    Think about it, TR only killed 1 pokemon, Galactic would have killed millions (and they did kill a Cleffa).
    I didn't know that. Wow...that's pretty bad (of course it's just a video game but still, wow)
    The evil teams aren't even that evil. If they were smart, they'd have their Pokemon attack you before you could reach your Pokeball.

Or else pull out a gun. Now that would be exciting. At least until you died, haha.
    Last edited by GastlyMan; 10th October 2010 at 7:33 AM.
    I'm back for good!

Greetings from the asylum of my insanity.
    Chapter 3 and cooler banner coming eventually. :P I am still working on it despite a very long lack of updates!

Dex: 128 created! ~ DA and LJ links coming later.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Ummm, what?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Team Rocket and Cipher have some type of badassry that no other team was able to copy. So there's some respect there, and the rest are just idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Yes and no, I get a little angry at them, but since it is just a video game I never look too much into it. If these teams were like gangs in real life, I would hate them.

Not really, but i think i would if they succeeded in any of their plans through.
    My amazing event darkrai
    On my first SR I got 31 Sp Atk ivs and 29 speed ivs with a Timid Nature.

i get mad when they are mean to the pokemon, trying to sell them aswell, but pikachu gives em a thunderbolt and boom bam its over
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/11rcdvo.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/11lrgpt.gif[/IMG]
    "If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven."

No. It's just a game. I only get mad when my pokemon are loosing, and it's just mild annoyance, because I'm emotionally mature enough to know that it's just a game and not real.

Shiny Banner

Current Hunt: Thundurus ~ White ~ Soft Reset
    Most Recent Shiny: Unown I ~ HeartGold ~ Random Encounter ~ 4130 Encounters

TC sounds like he needs either serious anger managment or puberty state.

To answer the question, no. Because theyre fictional and 'they dont actually do anything bad. Besides would anyone serisuly NOT use Pokmeon to take over the world? What kind of loser would make friends over world domination?

When I was a kid and watched the anime I used to, but more because Team Rocket was just being annoying and we all knew how the episode was going to end.

The games? Not really no, but I felt bad for that family that had their house torn up by Team Rocket in RBY Cerulean City.

[bleep]

Not really. I mean, it's pokemon. Good guys are gonna win and bad guys are gonna lose. No matter what, there will always be that happy walking in to the sunset ending.

I don't get angry at Pixels
    Na, just joking! :3
    Cyrus was just really annoying for me, all that stupid stuff about creating another universe (Then again it has to be one of the best plans a villian has come up with in pokemon...)

NO WAY! The guy from the Lugia movie was awesome, Entei was awesome, Giovanni is the best, I love Aqua/Magma! Okay, well I got mad at Cyrus for saying he was going to destroy his grunts and leave Mars and Saturn and Jupitar behind (because I love Mars and Saturn together, but thats besides the point) also I got mad because the villan in the Arceus movie was an idiot. Besides the villans from Sinnoh, I love them!

EDIT: Oh wait I absolutely HATE all the villans from Pokemon XD. They kept winning through crits and stuff, and it was back when I had to fight like three bosses in a row. I got so upset because I had wasted like 30 pokeballs on shadow pokemon I didn't even catch because I lost the battle. The only villans I like from that game is that red and blue guy, who are the main villans body guards pretty much. I still haven't beaten the game by the way.

EDIT EDIT: Before you leave any somewhat rude comments if anyone does, I want you to understand I am a serious gamer. I seriously am. I'm also very sensitive. Seriously, I'm not joking about this.
    Last edited by FireTheAbsolLord; 11th October 2010 at 5:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [Kingdra] View Post
    If you get angry at anything in Pokemon then you are a retard and should probably kill yourself.
    Also this may sound harsh, but your pretty pathetic. So what if someone is a serious gamer like me? Sometimes on PBR when the opponent got a cheap shot that'll cost me the battle I'll groan or shout out "WHAT!?!" It may seem weird or stupid to over react, but that's just how some people are.

Maybe Wooper'll make you understand with his always smile attitude.
    Or Gabite with his fierce one. (I just wanted to use smilies actually...)

Not really, they are just mere annoyances making obstacles in the player's path to become supreme ruler overlord of everything Pokemon.

i get that ALL the time now'in days because of nintendo for pulling of images and other info about the Pokemon Black and White im not sure if nintendo dosent like the US or what that that NOT RIGHT to us pokemon fans,that rude and mean!!!,anyways the bad guys in pokemon...not so much, those guys are funny for trying to act all tuff and bad and all(like some people would say)anyways there funny...sorry i dont have much to say.

thank to Light Venusaur and Xons for this ok sig(grovyle is my #2 fav not Sceptile...WHAT Omega-Xis look like Sceptile wow i never knew that!!!) curcent Fav Pokemon of All Time #1: Charizard #2: Grovyle #3: Pidgeot #4: Absol #5: Lapras #6: Zoroark

"thoes who defi the power of the pokemon will be banish with the power of six"-MegamanDX

if you feel the same way about people making fun of Pokemon, right click and paste this quote in your sig

Angry? no. Annoyed? yes. TR keeps on epicly failing at everything they do. i wish i could join them and tell them: "seriously guys? You need to think more aboout what might happen. And do you really think that Giovanni needs that pokemon? And what about that 1 Pikachu you keep trying to catch? THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF PIKACHUS OUT THERE!!! Can't you guys just capture a different one instead?" You people may disagree with me, but i say that team Galactic is the best.

My presence is strong, but i am forgotten
    But I have aquired something begotten
    On my vacation i have seen
    So many different and interesting things
    My friends, and enemies, they're all the same
    Some with difference, some with shame
    Please forgive me my dear friends
    For it's not the beginning, nor the end
    Of something beautiful happeneing here
    I only wish I had bigger ears
    To hear the world that I live in
    And to see the beauty that surrounds me
    Please, plaease forgive me for being so foolish
    For i have done something quite doofish
    Which was to abandon my life and friends
    To what i thought, was the end

Quote Originally Posted by octoboy View Post
    The villains don't anger me that much. Usually, I just see them as just another obstacle I must beat to win. Okay, maybe I was a *little* peeved when Mars's skuntank slaughtered about half my team with night slash, but besides that, the evil teams have rarely got me too angry.

Gengar, however, ticked me off. Getting everyone against an innocent human-turned-pokemon for his own gain? Not cool at all.

I think the character who angered me the most in Pokemon was Paul. Not really a villain, per se, more just a jerk. Releasing a pokemon on a whim after it won a battle? Putting his own pokemon down after a victory? Constantly knocking everything Ash does and constantly calling everyone "pathetic"? Totally grinds my gears.

But I don't think I've ever been angry with the true villains of the anime. I mean, they almost inevitably lose, right? Even the good ones are beat in the end, so it's hard to get too mad at them.
    What do you mean Gengar getting everyone against a human turned pokemon? Are you refering to Mystery Dungeon?

I get those feelings all the time! What particulary angered me was when Cyrus got to walk away! The one weakness in Pokemon is that no one is ever allowed to be dead!

I do not get angry at some villiams but there ones that I hate

Marcus - He betrayed Damos and tricked Sheena, and worse nearly murdering Arceus. He got what he disserved in the credits wwre he is working on the fields possibly for the rest of his life.

Zero - He put thousonds of innocent lives in danger and nearly killed Giratina possibly to rule the Reverse world, He did get arrested and was sentenced to to a possilble life in prison

No.I don't hate them for reasons like "they're evil" or "they're villains".I like the villains,and find them intresting.The more intriguing and complex a villain,the more I generally like them.If I were to hate a character for evil/villanous actions,I'd hate people like Vader or the Daleks.It's not because I want to see them redeemed,it's because I like playing the devil's advocate,I'm fascinated by those with less restrictions than society and morality allows us

That doesn't mean I'll like every villain.I didn't like Zero because his plan was insane:Take over the Reverse World and attack the regular one.Why is this mad?The Reverse World has one inhabitat,Giratina,which Zero tried to eliminate anyway.And if left unchecked he'd destroy the world,leaving himself alone forever.At least Magma and Aqua had some intelligence put in their plan,this was utter insanity!Zero's ship should have just plummeted in the Reverse World so we can see if there was a ground level to that dimension

While Team Rocket has utterly degraded as villains,I admit I enjoy their novelty.I don't even think it's Ash's Pikachu(that they admitted long ago was more powerful than normal,maybe it has a Light Ball) they want.It's become an obsessive habit,the antagonism is all that gives them meaning.If they actually sucseeded,they'd fall apart because they've lost all purpose.That,or they just become average trainers.

What I don't understand is that they stay out of Ash and co's hair temporarily,so they can capture/steal Pokemon without their notice.As they can break the fourth wall,they know the plot would prevent them from successful theivery in the prescence of Ash and co.In fact,I remember an old Kanto episode where Jessie sucsessfully stole a Hitmonlee.WHAT HAPPENED TO IT?!Did they give it to Giovanni?
    Last edited by RedJirachi; 12th October 2010 at 3:28 AM.
    Shinies: Beast + creation trios (Gift) (In-game event) bird trio musketeer trio (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi
    UTC: +12
    Mesprit shiny hunt(on hold): 3100 SR
    Mewtwo shiny hunt: 3800 SR
    X Team: Chesnaught, Charizard, Aurorus, Tentacruel, Klefki, Malamar
    Y Team: Greninja, Venusaur, Gardevoir, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Avalugg

No because 1: They´re all pathetic and weak
    2: It´s just a game/tv show
    We can do this the easy way, or we can do it Dawg-style!

The ones that are stupid make me a little peeved; Team Aqua and Team Magma were rather foolish. I like Team Rocket because they did it just for the sake of doing it, without any sort of bull justification. I'm also a fan of Cyrus and N because I think both of their ideas had some decent reasoning behind them, especially the latter.

Nah, I don't usually get angry at them.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast