Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash' Charizard should not Mega Evolve

15 8.47%
  • Give me dat Mega Charizard X

77 43.50%
  • Give me dat Mega Charizard Y

72 40.68%
  • What's a Charizard? Keep it out of my animé!

13 7.34%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Charizard and Mega Evolution: A Discussion

Default Charizard and Mega Evolution: A Discussion

Ladies and Gentleman and tertiary folk,

We have an discrepancy among the starters! A certain flaming lizard has been given more power ups, then it's first generation brethren.

Of course, the world is divided and in a state of Amoco. So, let it be known, thy opinions for whence it will return!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Give me dat Mega Charizard X
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I voted for X....but knowing the writers we have for the main anime its gonna be Y or not at all.

I have a feeling it will be Charizard X, if he even comes back for such a thing.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

They will definitely both be showcased. Charizard X seems to be the more masculine one, similarly to the two Mewtwos, and Ash's Charizard is definitely male. Plus he has a noticeably physical movepool, aside from the obligatory Flamethrower. I think Ash's Charizard will be an X but a rival Charizard Y will also be joining the cast. But it might be the total opposite. Charizard didn't come to Kalos with him so it'll be a while off yet, so we'll have to wait and see if any other fire lizards turn up. Ash's Charizard might even be used to debut both forms for all we know.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Bring on Mega Charizard X! But when the time is right.

Charizard X would be nice to see if Ash's Charizard returns for this, and it seems like it most certainly will now imo.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

If I had to choose, I would say X version.

So I voted for it.
    I'll edit this later.

Kinda suspicious that the main site would advertise Mega Zard X using Dragon Tail while it's Ash's Charizard's newest move...his moveset overall was swapped to mostly physical and Mega Zard X has increased Atk and a new ability which boosts the power of contact moves..I wonder if there's a purpose. Probably looking too much into it lol.

Also after BW Ash at least has a history with black Dragon Pokemon so maybe the X form is more likely.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I wish they'd give one of Ash's other Pokemon a chance, but I know it won't happen.

I dont want ash to get a evil looking mega charizard and that's what x looks like stick with the y one.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I wish they'd give one of Ash's other Pokemon a chance, but I know it won't happen.
    Right now there are no other Pokemon Ash currently owns that can Mega Evolve, even though Sceptile, Ape and Torterra are sort of likely candidates. But if Ash is to get only one Mega evolution, Charizard makes the most sense no matter how you look at it. Other Pokemon can shine in other scenarios, there can only be one Mega per team after all, a feature which I hope carries over to the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    They will definitely both be showcased. Charizard X seems to be the more masculine one, similarly to the two Mewtwos, and Ash's Charizard is definitely male. Plus he has a noticeably physical movepool, aside from the obligatory Flamethrower. I think Ash's Charizard will be an X but a rival Charizard Y will also be joining the cast. But it might be the total opposite. Charizard didn't come to Kalos with him so it'll be a while off yet, so we'll have to wait and see if any other fire lizards turn up. Ash's Charizard might even be used to debut both forms for all we know.
    Haven't looked at it that way. I don't know how I feel about two Charizard's on the cast. I already had such an icky feeling with Ash and Paul's Torterra. That only worked, because Paul's had his as long as Ash had Pikachu, and Ash had his turtle a lot shorter. So if we get two Charizard's, then the roles MUST be reversed: Ash becomes 'the Paul', and the next castmember becomes the 'Ash', hence I could see Serena with a Charmander, that evolves into Charizard over the course of the region, but if she also gets Fennekin, that might present us with an issue. Oh well, a rival may get it, as opposed to a Kalos starter.

That being said, Ash also is based on speed, in that sense, Charizard Y would fit, and if you would have to imagine Ash vs. a rival, then to me it is more likely that the dark Charizard gets pitted as the 'opposition', more so because that's a Dragon-type and would prove a challenge for the regular Fire-type, due to the x4 resistance. And a dark dragon is more evil looking..

That being said, Drought would be epic for Ash to use. Over the course of the series, we've seen Ash with different kinds of Fire-types, draconic (broad movepool), speedy groundbased, defensive based, InferBlaze, and if he gets Talonflame, he'll also get a bird, which allows for another different dynamic. If Charizard gets that Y-form, and thus Drought, it will be yet again something that sets it apart from the other Fire-types, which is always a good thing.

Ash may have six or seven Fire-types by the end of this generation, but at least five or six are very easy to differentiate.

Quote Originally Posted by alexterri View Post
    If I had to choose, I would say X version.

So I voted for it.
    I had hoped for more points that can be discussed on the topic.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I'm praying the mega dragon zard doesn't go to iris. She should evolve her own axew before muscling in on Ash's charizard's territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    I'm praying the mega dragon zard doesn't go to iris. She should evolve her own axew before muscling in on Ash's charizard's territory.
    What the hell makes you think Iris will get a Mega Charizard?

If anything, Mega Garchomp is way more likely. Or even Mega Dragonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post

I don't really want her to get any megas. CYnthia and Lance should be debuting those 2.

I'm simply voicing a semi rational fear of a possible Charizard X appearance.

Right now there are no other Pokemon Ash currently owns that can Mega Evolve
    Doesn't mean he can't catch a new one.

But if Ash is to get only one Mega evolution
    No rule saying that it must be just one. Just one per team. He rotates.

Charizard makes the most sense no matter how you look at it.
    Doesn't mean that I have to like it or approve of it.

Edit: Fixed so I'm less critical. I'm not happy with it, but I concede that it's the most likely scenario.
    Last edited by An00bis; 2nd October 2013 at 7:11 PM.

IF Ash's Charizard is to mega evolve at some point in the future, then I would personally hope for CharizardY, since I personally find CharizardX to be a complete and utter disaster..

Luckily I think the writers would in fact go for the "friendlier" and more "heroic" looking one when pairing it with Ash, so I doubt I have anything to worry about..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

i personally am not a fan on Mega Charizard X's wings so i vote for Mega Charizard Y plus Y looks a lot more traditinal

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Doesn't mean he can't catch a new one.

No rule saying that it must be just one. Just one per team. He rotates.

Doesn't mean that I have to like it or approve of it.

Edit: Fixed so I'm less critical. I'm not happy with it, but I concede that it's the most likely scenario.
    Didn't masuda confirm that none of the VI-pokemon would get Mega Evolutions? Hence, catching a new one would be a tough deal for Ash, aka new generation promoboy.

- Charizard
    - Infernape/Sceptile/Torterra
    - Snorlax/Tauros/Donphan/Heracross/Glalie/Gliscor/Krookodile

I basically think that those are Ash's possible options. There's Muk, Torkoal and Kingler as other fully evolved pokemon, as well as Leavanny.. But I don't think they have a decent chance of returning specifically to Mega Evolve. So yeah, I definitely give Charizard the biggest shot. Mostly because it's the only confirmed Mega Evolution thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    IF Ash's Charizard is to mega evolve at some point in the future, then I would personally hope for CharizardY, since I personally find CharizardX to be a complete and utter disaster..

Luckily I think the writers would in fact go for the "friendlier" and more "heroic" looking one when pairing it with Ash, so I doubt I have anything to worry about..
    I think Charizard Y has a bit of a 'Crobat'-flair, which the writers have done before with Brock. But I agree with your description. I'm a bit depressed that Origins turned out to be one giant Charizard hype show..

I think that it's X form is to drastic of a change form the Charizard that we have all known and loved over the years. It's personality to me seems like it wouldn't need such a menacing look. Personally I prefer the Y form because it looks more streamlined and elegant, which could give it a whole bunch of new strategies in the anime.

Didn't masuda confirm that none of the VI-pokemon would get Mega Evolutions?
    Yes, but that doesn't really matter if the name of the game is to showcase Mega Evolutions.

Bringing back an older Pokemon and Mega Evolving it is about the same as catching a new-old Pokemon and Mega Evolving it.

Both showcase Mega Evolution. Both would put an older-generation Pokemon on Ash's team temporarily.

not really sure
    I like both

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post

I think that was mentioned in Black and White series when Charizard arrived in Unova, Iris mistakens Charizard as a Dragon-type Pokemon that she planning on to catch it an another Charizard.

That I am not completely sure if Iris might be going to be extremely surprised if she finds out about the Mega Charizard X that it can be changed into a Dragon-type Pokemon if she's returned in X and Y series?

Dont care which one shows up, but I dont want Ash's to evolve. Let them showcase a different one

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast