Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Unova Pokemon Debuts

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I watched this week's Opening theme. Onondo and Ononokusu are no longer in shadow and are in full color now, which is great in my opinion. So I think we did well in removing them from the list of Pokemon to debut in the anime, since the anime staff themselves believe they have debuted. We should use the Opening theme from now on, since it's more accurate
    Yep, we did good! Well, since nothing debuted in this episode, we don't have anything to remove until Darumakka and Hihidaruma next week, so until then!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

BW009 preview has Doryuuzu in it, so could we call it officially revealed in the anime by next week?
    Currently playing: Pokemon X
    Current Team: Talonflame, Greninja, Sylveon, , ,
    Current upcoming team(s): , , , , ,

I'm dissapointed at the slow pace that they're showing Pokémon, and I think halfway through the saga, it'll turn into another Johto Journies, unless they show more than one or two new Pokémon an episode.
    I remember in the first season, they'd show about 30-40 Pokémon by the 10th episode.

There are 115 than still need to be show, excluding Legendaries and Pokémon that are confirmed in a future episode. So it's going to be about 1 or 2 per episode, so they'll spend about 60 episodes on fillers!
    Last edited by blob; 4th November 2010 at 10:19 PM.

I think they've been showing Pokemon in the anime at a good pace, it's only been 8 episodes and we've seen a good deal of them already, though admittedly some were only for a brief period of time. I would never have thought we'd of seen Kibago's evolved forms yet, even in a dream.

The Pokemon I really want to see in the anime myself are Aaken and Archeos, my new favorites. Unfortunately being fossils they'll probably be shafted and get only one episode for the both of them, unless there's another fossil gym later on. A shame, but at least I can wait for that episode.
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

I don't like that both Reshiram and Zekrom are in the opening "coloured", even though only Zekrom has been shown.
    BTW, in the trailers for the BW Animé, Reshiram was shown, but we have yet to see it. Was it replaced last min by Zekrom?

I doubt that is the case. Seeing as how Reshiram & Zekrom are central for Team Plasma, if Team Plasma appears, that could mean clear Reshiram & Zekrom appearances. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Okay, Darumakka and Hihidaruma are both removed from the list. I've also marked Doryuuzu for upcoming.

Author's Profile

We have seen reshiram so yeah...also have you corssed off pururiru?

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    We have seen reshiram so yeah...also have you corssed off pururiru?
    When was Reshiram shown?
    Isn't Pururiru going to be shown in BW10?

Reshiram was kind of in like the first 5 second of episode 1. Yes Pururiru will be in episode 10.

Yabakuron is due to appear in BW 12
    Onward! to the land of one variety!

^ It might not be it's debut just because it's in the epidoe title but it is likely. I want the opening around 16, 17.
    Last edited by playerking; 5th November 2010 at 12:45 PM.

Blob,Johto was handled perfectly fine and the slow pace is good for the BW series deal with it.

Ishizumai debuts in BW011, meaning you should take BW011 away from Chaobuu. Yabakuron does debut in BW012. That's two episodes added and one taken away!

White 2:

Okay, I've finally gotten around to removing Hatooboo and Pururiru. I also marked Miruhog and Yooterii, since they'll be debuting in either BW014 or 15.

Author's Profile

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation. I'd seen rumors about it, not to mention the evidence of the opening, but I hadn't seen anywhere with concrete proof yet. So it's been added.

Author's Profile

Ishizumai has debuted in Japan.

I think it would be cool if you did something similar to what the1stpkmnfan did with the Sinnoh Pokémon Debuts, but you don't have to do that.

Also, you should probably ask a mod to change Isshu to Unova.

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Ishizumai has debuted in Japan.

I think it would be cool if you did something similar to what the1stpkmnfan did with the Sinnoh Pokémon Debuts, but you don't have to do that.

Also, you should probably ask a mod to change Isshu to Unova.
    I have returned! Ishizumai is removed.

Author's Profile

I've removed Miruhog and Desumasu from the list, and I finally got around to removing Yabukaron and Chaoboo too. Also, I've marked Haderia for it's upcoming appearance.

Author's Profile

Would desukaan count as being a debut in episode 14 ? I mean I know the pokemon itself wasn't there but that coffin was specifically mentioned to belong to a desukaan.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    I'm dissapointed at the slow pace that they're showing Pokémon, and I think halfway through the saga, it'll turn into another Johto Journies, unless they show more than one or two new Pokémon an episode.
    I remember in the first season, they'd show about 30-40 Pokémon by the 10th episode.

There are 115 than still need to be show, excluding Legendaries and Pokémon that are confirmed in a future episode. So it's going to be about 1 or 2 per episode, so they'll spend about 60 episodes on fillers!
    Uhm.. You made a few errors.

1. We're at episode 14 now, and they've shown 36 different pokemon. So that's 120 that we still need to see. In Kanto, by episode 14 there had been 45 pokemon that had debuted (44 ecluding Ho-Oh). That would've meant that there would've been 106 pokemon left to debute. That's about 3 pokemon to debut per episode, and if one would discount episode 1 (with 18 debuts, including Ho-oH) the average would be 2 pokemon to debut per episode. Which would mean that there would've been 53 fillers in Kanto?

Anyway that would mean that there would be two and a half pokemon to debut in each Best Wishes episode. That would mean there would be about 48 fillers.

Actually.. Concerning Kanto, that's a pretty darn good estimate.. I have, if you just only follow Ash's doings as in captures, evolutions, gyms and the league (not the moves as those were whimsicle at that point), there would've been 52 fillers... But of course, there were episodes where: Ash met Misty, where Staryu debuted and later Starmie and Horsea and when they got ditched. Episodes where Brock caught a Zubat, got Vulpix.. Those wouldn't be counted.. But we do count them today, so there would be about less then 40 fillers I presume, but frankly, those fillers were bareable, even quite funny and darn good.

The thing you are wrong about though, is that not every pokemon debut equals a filler. Gym leader pokemon for example are frequently debuts, and then there are evolution debuts like Infernape, and Grotle. Pokemon can debut through Shooti as well, and then it wouldn't be a filler.. As far as I can tell, these pokemon are sure to appear in nonefiller like episodes:

Crimgan -> Shaga (or Iris)(Souryuu gymleader)
    Banirichi -> Hachiku (Sekkai gymleader)
    Tsunbeah -> Hachiku (Sekkai gymleader)
    Kenhorou -> Furou (Fukiyose gymleader)
    Kokomori -> Furou (Fukiyose gymleader)
    Gamagoru -> Yakon (Hodomoe gymleader)
    Waruvile -> Yakon (Hodomoe gymleader)
    Emonga -> Kamitsure (Raimon gymleader)
    Zeburaika -> Kamitsure (Raimon gymleader)
    Hoiiga -> Arty (Hiun gymleader)
    Hahakomori -> Arty (Hiun gymleader)
    Shandera -> Shikimi (Elite4)
    Kirikizan -> Giima (Elite4)
    Gochirizuru -> Caitlyn (Elite4)
    Kojondo (or Roopushin) -> Renbu (Elite4)
    Ulgamoth -> Adeku (Champion)
    Jalorda -> Shooti...
    Enbuoh -> Somebody who Ash will fight against, or Pokabu evolves.
    Daikenki -> Ash's!!!
    Lepardas -> Confirmed in Team Plasma's debut = non-filler.
    Kurumiru -> Ash is catching it.
    Kurumayu -> Ash's will probably evolve.
    Zuruggu -> Pretty big hunch that it hatches from the egg.
    Burungeru -> Shooti's evolved Pururiru.

So subtract 120 with these 24, and you have 96 pokemon left to debut in possible fillers, excluding what may happen to the other cast members and what other pokemon rivals or combatants may get. Or whatever pokemon just might be in an episode a move gets learned. For example take Snovers debut. It did nothing of note, but Grotle learned a move, thus it debuted in a non-filler episode. So taking that math, I'd say 96 : 2.5 = 38.4 fillers? Probably a little less then that even when you consider the 'Snover-factor'...

And then we have to consider that Team Rocket is doing something coherent to their plot in every single episode since BW004.. So nothing really is a filler these days. Well, BW008 if it weren't for Team Rocket, or BW009 if it weren't for Team Rocket and Aloe showing up...

Error 2: Johto journeys got stale because nothing of note happened in the episodes. That has little to do with a pokemon debuting or not. Episodes with prior debuted pokemon can be exciting to watch as well, they can even be non-filler. Charmander's capture episode debuted no new pokemon, as Charmander was already seen in the first episode. Yet it's a memorable episode that nobody would describe as filler.

So when you take these two errors into account you will realize that not the debut pace of the pokemon decides the spunk the series generates, but that it's the plot in which these pokemon move that decides how much one can like these episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Would desukaan count as being a debut in episode 14 ? I mean I know the pokemon itself wasn't there but that coffin was specifically mentioned to belong to a desukaan.
    If it didn't move, it didn't debut. That's my stance on the things at hand. Onondo and Ononokusu moved in their initial debuts, so that counted. The mere mention of Desukan doesn't make that it debuted yet.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I'm going to say no no Desukan. The coffin was there, but it didn't seem to contain the Pokemon's spirit. Perhaps Desukan's been left wandering like Desumasu was.

And I fully agree with Locormus about the whole "filler factor". In all of BW so far, we've only had one episode that didn't debut a new Pokemon, and it wasn't a filler because Ash caught Snivy. The only episode that I would consider a filler debuted both Darumakka and Hihidaruma. This isn't slow-paced at all. We're getting two Gym battles in half the time it took to get them in Sinnoh. That's pretty fast paced, if you ask me.

Author's Profile

The only ones I can imagine so far has to be Jessie's Koromori evolving into Kokoromori.
    I forgot the grass/steel metal pointy thing's name but probably owned by James later on.
    And Gochiruzeru owned by Caitlin in an episode as it also looks like a princess I can imagine an episode somewhat based in a castle.

Okay, finally got around to removing Haderia and marking Zuruggu and Denchura.

Author's Profile

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast