Page 319 of 694 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 17329

Thread: Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

why immunity gligar over the tailow, I think psn heal might be better?

Quote Originally Posted by xsedr View Post
    I just went through the forest several times, only interecting with 1 pokemon because the majority of them are useless (excluding tangela, poochyena, bidoof, shinx, and exegcute) which was a tangela () who was male (Fuuuuuuu) because the game hates me and I suck at all the games except Air Race, now i can't find any and i've only been able to find 1 good female pokemon in the entirety of the dream world and I have no way of earning a lot of dream points and I just really hate this game. I have no in game friends so I doubt I'll ever reach the other zones either.
    If you are trying to get dream points, the best way to do it is to play all the games. You don't have to (and in fact can't) take all the pokemon you befriend. You get 20 points per game you beat, and if you use all your runs, beating the games for all the pokemon you encounter you should get at least 200 points just from that - that's only 10 pokemon encountered, and I usually see more than 15.

Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    If you are trying to get dream points, the best way to do it is to play all the games. You don't have to (and in fact can't) take all the pokemon you befriend. You get 20 points per game you beat, and if you use all your runs, beating the games for all the pokemon you encounter you should get at least 200 points just from that - that's only 10 pokemon encountered, and I usually see more than 15.
    10-30 points actually

Quote Originally Posted by xbinox View Post
    why immunity gligar over the tailow, I think psn heal might be better?
    Well, when Gligar evolves into Gliscor, its ability will become Poison Heal. Gliscor's one of my favorite Pokemon anyway, so I'm looking forward to doing something cool with its hidden ability.

As for Taillow, Scrappy isn't really better than Guts, so even though a Swellow with the Scrappy ability is pretty neat, Guts Swellows are still more useful. And on top of that, I can breed Brave Bird onto a Guts Taillow anyway. I just also really like Swellow, and would like a Scrappy Brave Birding one in a Dream Ball. =P

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Ahhh, I didn't realize that gliscor's hidden ability was poison heal ok now it makes sense. And I see personally I prefer pidgeot blame it on nostalgia but I really do like that poke. I wish it got a good new ability so it was worth using :/

Quote Originally Posted by xbinox View Post
    10-30 points actually
    No, it has been proven that you get 20 points if you win the game, period. I have personally tested it out, as have others. It doesn't matter if you barely pass or if you do excellently, you get 20 points.

Hit the 7500 point mark last night and figured the increased choices would make choosing easy each trip. Instead I had to choose between a rare post-upgrade pokemon with lousy moves and a rare pre-upgrade pokemon with lousy moves. Screwing up the minigames didn't help there. Since points will be less of an issue from now on, I'll probably tank games on purpose from now on to save my energy for the good encounters.

I just went through the forest several times, only interecting with 1 pokemon because the majority of them are useless (excluding tangela, poochyena, bidoof, shinx, and exegcute) which was a tangela () who was male (Fuuuuuuu) because the game hates me and I suck at all the games except Air Race, now i can't find any and i've only been able to find 1 good female pokemon in the entirety of the dream world and I have no way of earning a lot of dream points and I just really hate this game. I have no in game friends so I doubt I'll ever reach the other zones either.
    Here are some good ways to make a fair amount of points:

1. Plant any status healing berry as often as you can. You get 10 points for havesting and they fully mature every 24 hours, which means you can get between 60 points (two rows) and up to 120 points (after getting the 4th row which is 2100 dream points.)

2. On your dream pal map, you see one random person. Go to people who have at least one friend because for this task, you need to water other people's berries. You can water up to 20 plants and each one is worth 10 points for a potential of 200 points per session.

3. Play every minigame possible. They can reward between 10-30 points per game. While tedious, you get alot of points for doing every one.

4. Make sure you always send back a Pokemon to the Entralink. Each one sent is worth 50 points.

Hope this helps!
    Shinies so far: (Re'D)

Current Hunt:

Pokemon White Friend Code: 2795-0518-3995

If you need a Japanese Ditto for the Masuda Method, send me a PM as I have a good amount of them thanks to my Japanese Pearl game. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by GenoFan3 View Post
    Here are some good ways to make a fair amount of points:

1. Plant any status healing berry as often as you can. You get 10 points for havesting and they fully mature every 24 hours, which means you can get between 60 points (two rows) and up to 120 points (after getting the 4th row which is 2100 dream points.)

2. On your dream pal map, you see one random person. Go to people who have at least one friend because for this task, you need to water other people's berries. You can water up to 20 plants and each one is worth 10 points for a potential of 200 points per session.

3. Play every minigame possible. They can reward between 10-30 points per game. While tedious, you get alot of points for doing every one.

4. Make sure you always send back a Pokemon to the Entralink. Each one sent is worth 50 points.

Hope this helps!
    Unfortunately, this is almost all incorrect.

1. You get no points at all for harvesting berries.

2. This one is correct, 10 points per water used on other peoples berries.

3. As I just said a few posts back, beating a minigame is worth a flat 20 points. It is the best way to get points.

4. I'm not 100% sure on this one. You get 50 points upon entering the dreamworld the first time of a day. Whether this is due to haveing sent a pokemon back the last time you logged in or just a login bonus, I'm unsure of.

Hit the 7500 after my third run, and got my favorite poke, Scyther, as my second of the new pokes. Too bad it was male with tailwind though. But since I'm stuck in not-so-Pleasant Forest, I'll train my Scyther until I hit 10k and search for the female Vulpix.

13 minutes. It took 13 freaking minutes for my Pokemon to fall asleep today. I had already used 10 minutes just to find some dry berry patches to water and then it took another 5 or so minutes for my Pokemon to wake up. So that's about half of my hour gone and I haven't even managed to look for Pokemon. FML. I seriously dislike this one-hour limit thing. It's really frustrating when the site lags since you don't get any time back :x

Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    Unfortunately, this is almost all incorrect.

1. You get no points at all for harvesting berries.

2. This one is correct, 10 points per water used on other peoples berries.

3. As I just said a few posts back, beating a minigame is worth a flat 20 points. It is the best way to get points.

4. I'm not 100% sure on this one. You get 50 points upon entering the dreamworld the first time of a day. Whether this is due to haveing sent a pokemon back the last time you logged in or just a login bonus, I'm unsure of.
    1. Didn't know that my bad O.o

3. Kkk
    4. And interesting

thanks for correcting me. ^_^ Didn't know some of that stuff. :X
    Last edited by GenoFan3; 1st May 2011 at 9:08 AM.
    Shinies so far: (Re'D)

Current Hunt:

Pokemon White Friend Code: 2795-0518-3995

If you need a Japanese Ditto for the Masuda Method, send me a PM as I have a good amount of them thanks to my Japanese Pearl game. ^.^

Too bad they can't have it so the Dream Islands that appear are ones with dry soil. Of the berry gardens I was sent to, most were either fully watered, already had berries, or weren't even planted in yet. I also had to water my own berries which had gone dry, making me wonder if they would have been watered already if someone else's Dream World had sent them to mine and other dry patches instead of ones they couldn't water . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Left the DW with a female Immunity Gligar and 7250 points. Not bad, not bad. But this was the second time I had to leave behind a Brave Bird Taillow, something I'd really like to get, especially male.
    LOL I breed one w/ scrappy by accident (It's an egg move)

Finally reached 7500 points and met Ledyba Electrike Girafarig and Scyther but I went with the female Gligar I had been seeking for an eternity...(I miss you Baton Pass scyther )
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

If you don't play the mini games, the mini games and berries dry up quick. I know that it is boring, but you should not skip over the games. They build up 20 points each quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
    In Serebii when you look up the DW special attacks, most pokemon have two choices.
    Like Nidoran (M) can have counter or super fang. Which special attack is most likely to be if you do well in the mini-game? In the Serebii list for Nidoran (M), Counter is on top and Super Fang on the bottom. If I do well in mini-game, will my pokemon more be more likely to have top special attack.

The reason I ask is I rather have a Nidoran (M) with Super Fang than Counter. So I should get a low score in the game?

For Aerodactyl, the special attacks are top Assurance and bottom Stealth Rock. So for a Assurance Aerodactyl, I should get a high score in the game?
    Bump. Does anyone know the answer to this?

what a disappointing day, i started my visit at dream world with 8,130 dream points, so i had thought i might find some new pokemon which i need for my collection, but guess what?
    i haven't found something i want, besides buneary, but even then it was a male one so it doesn't helping me..
    so i haven't picked any pokemon today in the end :<
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2d2689u.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Wanted list:

Anyone know if you can SR for shininess when picking up a DW pokemon from the Entralink Forest or if shinies are even possible? I know you can SR for stats...

Quote Originally Posted by Neferka View Post
    Anyone know if you can SR for shininess when picking up a DW pokemon from the Entralink Forest or if shinies are even possible? I know you can SR for stats...
    I asked the same thing the other day ^-^;; Apparently no, you can't catch them shiny, you have to breed to get a shiny DW Pokemon.
    Shiny Hunt:
    (RE/April 9) (RNGMay 6) (Future RNG)
    (Future RNG) (MMing) (Future MM)
    (Future RNG Egg) (Future RNG Egg)

Default Hmm I think your Wrong

Silicon your not as genius as you think you are no offence.

Geno fan3 was right!
    You get points everytime you harvest berries as well as points 10-30 depending how you do in the mini game!

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworld.shtml

Check that site it proves you wrong

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

1) It's perfectly fair, same with the 1 hour limit. It is a small extra thing to do on the side, not the whole game. You could get all the DW pokemon in a day or two if you could play endlessly and send as many as you want. With the way it is now, you get to enjoy it over a longer period of time.

2) Mouse over it, if it says "It has berries!" then you can't water it, you'll find lots of these(they sparkle)
    1) Yeah, i understand now and i agree with your point! It's just sometimes, it's so difficult to make a choice and leave behind a Pokémon you wanted! But, what you say make perfectly sense.

2) Ah! Ok, now i understand. I was not be able to water those plants because they were already grown. Thanks for answering!
    Yeah, my English is bad, it's because i'm speaking French! Be patient!

DW Pokémon caught :
    Female :
    Male :

In love with these :

It was a nice day! it started slow, barely found 5 pokemon in 3 runs, but the next 3 runs were really good, it seems i achieven the 7500, i found a lot of new pokemon, i was really happy to se a tropius, too bad he was male! i want a harvest tropius so bad!, at the end i could choose between Stealth Rock Corsola, Aerodactyl, Skill Swap Drifloon, Murkrow (already have) and Taillow (already have), it was hard to choose cuz i really like drifloon, but i decided to keep Corsola!

Current Points: 7720

3DS FC: 2122 6109 3377

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
    I asked the same thing the other day ^-^;; Apparently no, you can't catch them shiny, you have to breed to get a shiny DW Pokemon.
    Thanks ^_^

What a pain though XD Imagine breeding a shiny only to find that it didn't inherit the DW ability!

I went on the Dream World with an Axew today. Found some Pokemon in the Sky area and the Pleasant Forest. Got more berries from other users. I got a Hoothoot with Night Shade this time.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    13 minutes. It took 13 freaking minutes for my Pokemon to fall asleep today. I had already used 10 minutes just to find some dry berry patches to water and then it took another 5 or so minutes for my Pokemon to wake up. So that's about half of my hour gone and I haven't even managed to look for Pokemon. FML. I seriously dislike this one-hour limit thing. It's really frustrating when the site lags since you don't get any time back :x
    The amount of time it takes for your Pokemon to go to sleep shouldn't and doesn't take up part of your hour.
    ...Nor does time get taken away for waking the Pokemon up.

Page 319 of 694 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast