Page 359 of 694 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 17329

Thread: Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

  1. #8951
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    446

    Default

    I have a quick, lazy and stupid question BUT -

    How do I get a DW Growlithe? Never used DW
    Please check the signature rules. Images cannot be wider than 600 pixels.
    [img*]http://s18.postimg.org/59nc73nux/matt36_zpsfe389af4.png[/img*]

    Former owner of "Matt's Shack" - The most successful GEN 5 shop until closure, giving Pokemon at the start of the Generation! Starting a fresh for Gen 6!

  2. #8952
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    You can add Pal Pad Friends as Dream Pals anymore without finding them randomly like everyone else.
    yes i understand that but to do so they still have to be registered in pal pad or none will show up. that is unless the dream world info section stated that incorrectly on serebii.net
    Looking for Pal-Pad & Especially Dream-World Friends,
    Black F-Code: 2107-8025-7370
    H-Gold F-Code: 0089-3107-9971
    Please PM or Preferably email me your friend codes as well if you add mine. (make subject "POKEMON" please)
    p.s. i will add more of my codes soon.

  3. #8953
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    the races
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
    I have a quick, lazy and stupid question BUT -

    How do I get a DW Growlithe? Never used DW
    DW Pokemon are unlocked in different areas and require different point variables. When you start off in the DW, you have (obviously) 0 points and you, by default, have the Pleasant Forest unlocked. Each area has a set amount of Pokemon that are available, and the selection expands once you reach point goals. At 2,500 points, you unlock the Windswept Sky, and at 5,000 points, you unlock the Sparkling Sea. Furthermore, once you reach 7,500 and 10,000 points, more Pokemon become available in the aforementioned areas - in Growlithe's case, once you reach 7,500 points, it is found in the Pleasant Forest.

    On average, if you're doing things mostly correct (watering berries, doing as many runs of the Dream areas as possible) you should be able to obtain 500 points daily. It should take around two weeks to get you to 7,500, give or take a couple days. Hope this helps!

  4. #8954
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviere View Post
    DW Pokemon are unlocked in different areas and require different point variables. When you start off in the DW, you have (obviously) 0 points and you, by default, have the Pleasant Forest unlocked. Each area has a set amount of Pokemon that are available, and the selection expands once you reach point goals. At 2,500 points, you unlock the Windswept Sky, and at 5,000 points, you unlock the Sparkling Sea. Furthermore, once you reach 7,500 and 10,000 points, more Pokemon become available in the aforementioned areas - in Growlithe's case, once you reach 7,500 points, it is found in the Pleasant Forest.

    On average, if you're doing things mostly correct (watering berries, doing as many runs of the Dream areas as possible) you should be able to obtain 500 points daily. It should take around two weeks to get you to 7,500, give or take a couple days. Hope this helps!
    Thats the best explanation I've found! Thank you! Now how do I get to DW :P
    Please check the signature rules. Images cannot be wider than 600 pixels.
    [img*]http://s18.postimg.org/59nc73nux/matt36_zpsfe389af4.png[/img*]

    Former owner of "Matt's Shack" - The most successful GEN 5 shop until closure, giving Pokemon at the start of the Generation! Starting a fresh for Gen 6!

  5. #8955
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    the races
    Posts
    585

    Default

    No problem.

    If I remember correctly, all you do is go to the Pokemon Global Link site (http://en.pokemon-gl.com/) and register an account and sync your game to it. As you'll notice, the site is down for maintenance on Tuesdays and it won't be up until late this evening. Once maintenance is through, you'll be able to set up an account fairly easily. I don't remember the process to be difficult, albeit I don't remember much about making my account!

    Once you've created your account, you'll discover you're limited to an hour out of twenty-four hours to play in the Dream World. Prior to entering, you'll have to "tuck in" a Pokemon using your C-Gear using Game Sync - I believe on my C-Gear the option is the furthest left area on the touch screen. You'll find it. Once your Pokemon is tucked in, you'll be able to access the Dream World and start racking up points. The first day is a little confusing (I didn't even realize you could do multiple run-throughs of the Dream areas the first couple days), but you'll get the hang of it.

  6. #8956

    Default

    Still wanting the Porygon's Code.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
    Thats the best explanation I've found! Thank you! Now how do I get to DW :P
    You need the C-Gear first. Make an account at the Pokemon Trainer Club, and make an account at the Global Link. Open your game, once they show you the Zekrom/Reshiram screen, press start, and dont enter your game! Instead, click on the "Game Sync Settings", and connect to Wifi and wait till they show you your GSID, and then write your Game Sync ID at the Global Link (somewhere at Profile, don't remember), and then launch the C-Gear, and then click on "Online", and then "Game Sync", connect to Wifi and then tuck a pokemon from your PC, once your pokemon sleeps, now you can disconnect/turn off your DS. Click on the DREAM WORLD tab at the PGL, and you'll enter the dream world. Fennel will tell you everything, and now you can use it. Once you finish your visit at the Dream World, click on the exit button, you'll find it upper right the DW Screen. And then Game Sync again from your game and wake up the pokemon, and then go to the Entra Link, and enter the forest to get your earned DW pokemon. Long story short, blah.

    Edit: Ninja'd, darn it. >__<

    Mahou Shoujou Megumi Magica

  7. #8957
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviere View Post
    No problem.

    If I remember correctly, all you do is go to the Pokemon Global Link site (http://en.pokemon-gl.com/) and register an account and sync your game to it. As you'll notice, the site is down for maintenance on Tuesdays and it won't be up until late this evening. Once maintenance is through, you'll be able to set up an account fairly easily. I don't remember the process to be difficult, albeit I don't remember much about making my account!

    Once you've created your account, you'll discover you're limited to an hour out of twenty-four hours to play in the Dream World. Prior to entering, you'll have to "tuck in" a Pokemon using your C-Gear using Game Sync - I believe on my C-Gear the option is the furthest left area on the touch screen. You'll find it. Once your Pokemon is tucked in, you'll be able to access the Dream World and start racking up points. The first day is a little confusing (I didn't even realize you could do multiple run-throughs of the Dream areas the first couple days), but you'll get the hang of it.
    That's truly brilliant! HIGH5! All my questions answered thank you!
    Please check the signature rules. Images cannot be wider than 600 pixels.
    [img*]http://s18.postimg.org/59nc73nux/matt36_zpsfe389af4.png[/img*]

    Former owner of "Matt's Shack" - The most successful GEN 5 shop until closure, giving Pokemon at the start of the Generation! Starting a fresh for Gen 6!

  8. #8958
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,574

    Default

    Will putting a pokemon in the dream world give it a new ability? Like Pignite would get thick fat?

  9. #8959
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Will putting a pokemon in the dream world give it a new ability? Like Pignite would get thick fat?
    No. Only Pokemon obtained from Dream World will have hidden abilities.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

    pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

  10. #8960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Will putting a pokemon in the dream world give it a new ability? Like Pignite would get thick fat?
    Naw. If that was possible, then it'd be pointless going to the Pleasant forest and those areas, and you'll get all pokemons with their DW abilities easily.

    Edit: Ninja'd again, darn it again.

    Mahou Shoujou Megumi Magica

  11. #8961
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pokemon Day Care
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Will putting a pokemon in the dream world give it a new ability? Like Pignite would get thick fat?
    If by putting you mean Tuck In then no. The only way for getting Dream World abilities is by befriending pokemons from the mini games in the Dream Isle.

    Edit: They beat me to it
        Spoiler:- Credit:

  12. #8962
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Will putting a pokemon in the dream world give it a new ability? Like Pignite would get thick fat?
    honeslty.. its what GameFreak should have done. Would make the Dream World more fun and exciting.

    Have you at least let your pokemon sleep and dream fr 24 hours.. ability would change to DW ability.



    would be awesome.

  13. #8963
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    330

    Default

    that is an interesting concept but then after a while DW would be useless

  14. #8964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xbinox View Post
    that is an interesting concept but then after a while DW would be useless
    It will be useless after 649 times of tucking pokemons for 24 hours to get them in their DW abilities, which will take about 2 years, or less.

    Mahou Shoujou Megumi Magica

  15. #8965
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    330

    Default

    some pokemon don't have dream abilities and others are crappy why would you do that?

  16. #8966
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    144

    Default

    The dream world is OK, I guess. Tuesday maintenance (At least, here in the good ol' USA) annoys me, and it is really hard to find females, and I don't have luck finding many pokemon. I just use it to grow berries and help my dex'.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/29krqle.jpg[/IMG]
    SS FC: 3095 0579 5401. Black FC: 2795 1247 0008 X FC: 4270 1776 0283

    please click them?
    My shinys:

  17. #8967
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,565

    Default

    Hmm, today was a pretty good day for me on the Dream World. I found tons of new Pokemon like Scyther and Skitty, and I was disappointed that I had to pick one. I chose Skitty in the end, but I would've taken all of the Pokemon back with me if I could. Oh, I also beat the Sky Race game, which I hadn't been able to do for about 3 weeks. I got Scyther for beating it, but again, I didn't take it with me. Was Scyther a better choice?

  18. #8968
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    A place
    Posts
    9

    Default

    [QUOTE=Yawn, I'm at 9600 now. I decided to save berries for a rug and a log cabin as I dislike the modern house.[/QUOTE]
    Awesome. (no offense cabin haters)
    I've started to go for female "dream world pokemon" now. Didn't really care about them before, but now I realized its a waste not to. Sorry about the Log cabin, guess I was bragging.
    (It's not really even important, doesn't do anything.) (But I don't like how everyone has the same house.)

    I also wish some pokemon had better dream world abilities, you know, to make them more speicial.

    Record Ice cream score: 149.8 (height)





    (credit goes to pokemondude 20 and Pokemon_Diamond)
    The surest sign of life doesn't exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.

  19. #8969
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalDavid View Post
    I also wish some pokemon had better dream world abilities, you know, to make them more speicial.

    Record Ice cream score: 149.8 (height)
    I wish some Pokemon had better abilities, too. I've noticed that a lot of Dream World Pokemon have the Sap Sipper ability. Not only does that ability's name make me giggle, but I don't really find it useful. It's just a mediocre ability IMO.

    I actually beat my score on the ice cream game this morning. I managed to get 150 inches, which was odd since I used a normal berry this time around. I'm gonna try using different berries. Maybe that will help increase my score.

  20. #8970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Hmm, today was a pretty good day for me on the Dream World. I found tons of new Pokemon like Scyther and Skitty, and I was disappointed that I had to pick one. I chose Skitty in the end, but I would've taken all of the Pokemon back with me if I could. Oh, I also beat the Sky Race game, which I hadn't been able to do for about 3 weeks. I got Scyther for beating it, but again, I didn't take it with me. Was Scyther a better choice?
    Neither of those DW abilites are all that useful on the mentioned Pokémon, so I guess it's all up to personal choice. I would have chosen Scyther.

    And what's with people failing at Pelipper's Sky Race? :P I don't find it difficult at all. Is it just that you keep hitting into the thunder emblems?

  21. #8971
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    Neither of those DW abilites are all that useful on the mentioned Pokémon, so I guess it's all up to personal choice. I would have chosen Scyther.

    And what's with people failing at Pelipper's Sky Race? :P I don't find it difficult at all. Is it just that you keep hitting into the thunder emblems?
    I guess I should've just gone with Scyther. I only chose Skitty because I think it's cuter than Scyther, and because it seems pretty rare on the Dream World. And I seem to be the only person who can't win while playing the Sky Race mini-game. Everyone else seems to have an easy time with it, but I don't. I end up going too fast and I hit those electric orb thingys.

  22. #8972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I guess I should've just gone with Scyther. I only chose Skitty because I think it's cuter than Scyther, and because it seems pretty rare on the Dream World. And I seem to be the only person who can't win while playing the Sky Race mini-game. Everyone else seems to have an easy time with it, but I don't. I end up going too fast and I hit those electric orb thingys.
    I've found that I always end up having to choose between Pokémon, as there's never one that stands out as fantastic. Too many Pokémon have mediocre DW abilities, while the rest have amazing ones.

  23. #8973
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL, USA
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poke_Cannon View Post
    honeslty.. its what GameFreak should have done. Would make the Dream World more fun and exciting.

    Have you at least let your pokemon sleep and dream fr 24 hours.. ability would change to DW ability.

    would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by xbinox View Post
    that is an interesting concept but then after a while DW would be useless
    Well, yes and no, considering many of the DW Pokemon cannot be captured in Unova, which is a godsend for people like me w/o a second DS to transfer Pokemon in with (At this moment I'd like to thank my mother for saying she'd get me a 3DS if I cleaned the house -which I did despite my horrid health- then said we never had the money for one the night I was going to pre-order it). I think the idea of the sleeping pokemon waking up with its DW ability is cool; it could be something like a 25% or 50% chance of it happening so it wasn't constant, but it would be a way for Unova pokemon (Friday Musharna, Rage Candybar Darmanitan and in-game traded Basculin aside of course) to have their alternate abilities - especially the starters!

    As for my DW hunt: Still no Dark Pulse Vulpix or Ice Punch Marill (even though I encountered 5 Marills thus far, but all with Defense Curl as their listed move). I did find these guys:

    Saturday: Female Horsea w/ Octazooka (my only female of the day)
    Sunday: Male Buneary w/ Fake Out (I shoulda got either the female Stantler w/ Disable or Female Skarmory w/o any special moves, but I love Buneary!)
    Monday: a Female Blue Shellos w/o any special moves (really, it was the only Pokemon aside from a female Qwilfish that I didn't already have)

    I wish there was a way to bypass that penalty that happens when you turn down a Pokemon's request! Can you bypass it by entering, then quitting the game? I really need help with this!

    I'll put a pokemon to bed again tonight to, *hopefully*, be able to go into the DW twice, I just don't know if you have to re-enter during your 1 hour, or can enter after the first hour is over and have another hour :P Anyone know?

    -EQ, counting the days to her DW Espeon! woohoo!
    X FC: 3823-9029-3721 (IGN: Washu)


    Dream World Female, HG/SS Ball Breeder! Over 200 Dream Ball Females!
    *List of tradable pokemon & want list here*
    (updating often, check tabs at the bottom of page for more pokemon)


    Ask about my legit female Johto Starters in special balls from Pokemon Colosseum!


    Note: I usually do free trades, but I'm not in the best of health, so please bear with me.


    MM Shines:
    Furfrou (3/25/14), Duskull (1/31/14), and 2 Ponytas (7/15/14, 7/16/14)

    Apparently, I'm really good at Masuda Method breeding so long as I'm not trying to breed anything in particular; only took 8 years to figure that out.

  24. #8974

    Default

    What penalty are you speaking of? I've never noticed any sort of penalty (though admittadly, I usually don't skip requests - I only skipped a few last night when I was running short on time before maintenance started.

  25. #8975
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    What penalty are you speaking of? I've never noticed any sort of penalty (though admittadly, I usually don't skip requests - I only skipped a few last night when I was running short on time before maintenance started.
    If you skip a Pokemon's request, then Pokemon will stop appearing on the Island of Dreams. It happens to me all the time since I skip requests to play the Sky Race game.

Page 359 of 694 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •