Page 360 of 694 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 17329

Thread: Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Huh. Well no big loss for the ones I skipped last night, I have those already.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I guess I should've just gone with Scyther. I only chose Skitty because I think it's cuter than Scyther, and because it seems pretty rare on the Dream World. And I seem to be the only person who can't win while playing the Sky Race mini-game. Everyone else seems to have an easy time with it, but I don't. I end up going too fast and I hit those electric orb thingys.
    Do you try to avoid the clouds? If so, stop doing that and just concentrate in avoiding thunder emblems.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    Do you try to avoid the clouds? If so, stop doing that and just concentrate in avoiding thunder emblems.
    Yes, I try and avoid the clouds, although it doesn't always work. Don't they slow you down? I would think that avoiding them would be the best thing to do. I usually just try to avoid those and the electric emblems. I often hit them anyway since I can't move the cursor in time, but I'm always after the water emblems.

Yes, I try and avoid the clouds, although it doesn't always work. Don't they slow you down? I would think that avoiding them would be the best thing to do. I usually just try to avoid those and the electric emblems. I often hit them anyway since I can't move the cursor in time, but I'm always after the water emblems.
    The clouds do not slow you down too much if you travel through them in a vertical direction and this would be cancelled out soon enough with the next speed boost.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Is there a way to check how many points you have earned in DW? I am trying to get to the open sky and ocean parts of DW but I am continuously sent to the forest with the same pokemon over and over. Is there a way to to to the open sky?
    Apprentice to The Mighty Accelguard

BLACK OG FC:2322 6000 4025
    BLACK 2[/B] FC:4986 2742 8302
    3DS FC-Toddry- 0044-2803-7809
    <Mega! <-Wifey! Courtney and Shelly. <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtlemasterr View Post
    Is there a way to check how many points you have earned in DW? I am trying to get to the open sky and ocean parts of DW but I am continuously sent to the forest with the same pokemon over and over. Is there a way to to to the open sky?
    You can check your total Dream Points by clicking on Profile on the Global Link site, and then clicking on the Pokemon Dream World tab.

You can check your total Dream Points by clicking on Profile on the Global Link site, and then clicking on the Pokemon Dream World tab.
    Awesome. Thanks a lot!
    Apprentice to The Mighty Accelguard

BLACK OG FC:2322 6000 4025
    BLACK 2[/B] FC:4986 2742 8302
    3DS FC-Toddry- 0044-2803-7809
    <Mega! <-Wifey! Courtney and Shelly. <3 <3

You can't beat the Sky Race? That's quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleviate View Post
    Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. My weakness just happens to be the Sky Race game. I know people who can't beat the ice cream scooping game, despite it being easy for me. Still, I don't underrate them. Instead, I try and give them advice on how to improve. Not that I'm a master at that game either, but I can score pretty well on it.

any1 got help on the ice cream game?

i do that method on page 1, but i can only get farfetch'd to learn roost, not l. blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua?! View Post

i do that method on page 1, but i can only get farfetch'd to learn roost, not l. blade.
    As far as I've been able to tell, the process seems completely random. The site chooses a random score for you to try and beat, but doesn't show you it, then if you beat it, you get a special move, and if the pokemon can have more than one of these moves, it randomly chooses one... so I'd just say, keep trying (or find a female and breed it on).

Not sure what the previous advice was but if your goal is to just pass the game and not aim for the highest score, it's relatively simple.

Just first make two evenly sized balls that fit into the bowl.
    Then make the next ball (the one that is the stickiest) as big as it gets and place it on top.

That alone is nearly enough to reach the goal (depending on the size of lowest two balls in the bowl of course). Then you can just add a smallish ball on top of the huge one and that's it
    White FC: 0991 4384 5305
    Name: Mia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel your Leaf Blade-related pain Its not so much a tip but something I do; I always use Oran berries since they're plentiful and have ok scoop/stick ratios; and I start with the slowest to scoop (For Oran thats the top/green ice cream) to the easiest (bottom/pink). If they're small, I do 5 each and if there is time, o 1 each in the pattern. Medium = 4 sccops, large = 3. so that would be:

Green, Green, Green, Purple, Purple, Purple, Pink, Pink, Pink (and if there is time) Green, Purple, Pink, Green, Purple, Pink

Babysit the green scoops since you'll be more likely to have to use the falling scoop trick with those, less likely with purple, and almost never with pink unless its falling fast. After a while you'll know if you need to This style of play usually racks me no less than 24k pts, and as much as 48k pts. Hope that helps a little!

BTW, does anyone know if entering, then exiting a pokemon's game bring up the penalty like it would if you flat denied the pokemon's request, or can you do that to skirt the penalty?

-EQ, wants her DW Dark Pulse Vulpix and DW Ice Punch Marill!
    Last edited by EQWashu; 18th May 2011 at 3:10 AM.
    X/αS FC: 3823-9029-3721 (IGN: Washu)

Dream World Female/Bank Ball Breeder!
    *List of tradable pokemon & want list here*
    (updating often, check tabs at the bottom of page for more pokemon)

Ask about my legit female Johto Starters in special balls from Pokemon Colosseum!

Note: I usually do free trades, but I'm not in the best of health, so please bear with me.

MM Shines:
    Furfrou (3/25/14) (1/31/14) x2 (7/15-16/14) (12/10/14) (12/13/14)

Apparently, I'm really good at Masuda Method breeding so long as I'm not trying to breed anything in particular; only took 8 years to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by EQWashu View Post
    BTW, does anyone know if entering, then exiting a pokemon's game bring up the penalty like it would if you flat denied the pokemon's request, or can you do that to skirt the penalty?
    By penalty I assume you mean it counting towards the mysterious dry up total?
    I imagine it still counts so you still interact with the spawned Pokemon; if anything it should count double* for being such a jerk!

*it doesn't

Has anyone got a DW Growlithe yet? I'm going to aim for one tomorrow onwards
    Please check the signature rules. Images cannot be wider than 600 pixels.
    [img*]http://s18.postimg.org/59nc73nux/matt36_zpsfe389af4.png[/img*]

Former owner of "Matt's Shack" - The most successful GEN 5 shop until closure, giving Pokemon at the start of the Generation! Starting a fresh for Gen 6!

Okay, so, used up my watering can, did plenty of item swapping, dried up the Dream Isle. I'm set to send a male Growlithe to my game(everything else either bored or disgusted me. go away Staravia, no one loves you!). Gonna wait until I can get my Vaporeon to wake Kevyn up though.

Also, between yesterday and today, with several swaps, using all my waterings, and 29 mini-games, plus however much I got for entering DW and what have you, I ended up gaining 1060 points this dream. At least by my math.
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

Quote Originally Posted by Kariachi View Post
    Okay, so, used up my watering can, did plenty of item swapping, dried up the Dream Isle. I'm set to send a male Growlithe to my game(everything else either bored or disgusted me. go away Staravia, no one loves you!). Gonna wait until I can get my Vaporeon to wake Kevyn up though.

Also, between yesterday and today, with several swaps, using all my waterings, and 29 mini-games, plus however much I got for entering DW and what have you, I ended up gaining 1060 points this dream. At least by my math.
    swaps don't count towards your totals. Or at least not anymore

edit: Let's see
    (29 x 20) + (20 x 10) + 50 = 830 points
    Last edited by R_N; 18th May 2011 at 4:04 AM.

Wow, I found a female Lapras in the sea today. I had never seen Lapras in the DW before. x3
    Shiny Hunting!

My Shinies: Now Hunting:
    FC: 0260 9611 5294
    My art thread :3

Well, seeing as how I don't ever really check my DW points, I was happily surprised when I found myself going to the Sparkling Sea. That said, found some Pokes I wanted fairly bad, such as Kabuto, but everything was pretty much male, with no move they didn't learn via level up. In the end, however, I did manage to leave with a female Qwilfish, with Aqua Jet, so I guess that's something.

I had a pretty good run with my Black account tonight. Ran into 30 pokemon including females of Poliwag, Poocheyna, Elekid, Electrike, Pachirisu, Girafarig, and two Glameow. I took one of the Glameow, because I already have a female Poliwag. However the real stunner was my score on the Wailord game (when playing for the Pachirisu):

Spoiler:- So I don't force the image on those who don't care to see:

Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    I had a pretty good run with my Black account tonight. Ran into 30 pokemon including females of Poliwag, Poocheyna, Elekid, Electrike, Pachirisu, Girafarig, and two Glameow. I took one of the Glameow, because I already have a female Poliwag. However the real stunner was my score on the Wailord game (when playing for the Pachirisu):

Spoiler:- So I don't force the image on those who don't care to see:
    I could really use a Glameow for my Pokedex
    Please check the signature rules. Images cannot be wider than 600 pixels.
    [img*]http://s18.postimg.org/59nc73nux/matt36_zpsfe389af4.png[/img*]

Former owner of "Matt's Shack" - The most successful GEN 5 shop until closure, giving Pokemon at the start of the Generation! Starting a fresh for Gen 6!

Ah, a good day. I got a Female Corphish with Adaptability.

Credit goes to Transfuse for creating this wonderful image.

Friend Code: 1006-0289-8125
    Type: Steel - Skarmory, Ferroseed, and Klefki

Current Shinies (Y only):

Spoiler:

How the hell do dreamworld points work? I played about 20 mini games but yet my profile says I only have 380pts. What gives? At this rate I'll never get 10,000 to unlock the water area with multiscale dratini.
    Friend Code: 3911 7240 4314
    MM Hunting 210 eggs hatched

Quote Originally Posted by Redstars89 View Post
    How the hell do dreamworld points work? I played about 20 mini games but yet my profile says I only have 380pts. What gives? At this rate I'll never get 10,000 to unlock the water area with multiscale dratini.
    Dream world points are actually very simple now:

Getting on gets you 50 points.
    Watering other people's berries gives you 10 points per water.
    Winning a minigame gives you 20 points.

That's all you can get points for. There is sometimes a small delay of maybe 30 seconds to a minute or so after earning points that they don't show up on your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    Dream world points are actually very simple now:

Getting on gets you 50 points.
    Watering other people's berries gives you 10 points per water.
    Winning a minigame gives you 20 points.

That's all you can get points for. There is sometimes a small delay of maybe 30 seconds to a minute or so after earning points that they don't show up on your profile.
    How the hell do they expect you to reach 10,000 when you can only do it 1hr a day.
    Friend Code: 3911 7240 4314
    MM Hunting 210 eggs hatched

Page 360 of 694 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast