Page 396 of 694 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406446496 ... LastLast
Results 9,876 to 9,900 of 17329

Thread: Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Thanxorus, zuggu!
    Does the Pokemon sent to the Dream World affect anything at all?
    Or is it just something you need to access it?
    It's just to access...

@ everyone who asked: I went over the time limit- I was in the middle of a mini-game and I couldn't finish it it time...
    Brutaka
    PM me for a list of MY DW pokemon- all are female

I EV train for Blue Raja.
    I work in Fly High- drop by and order some art!

PM me if you want me to EV train for you!

FC:3611-6818-3138

New to the forum here and figured I would make my first post in the Dream World section considering the fun I have had experimenting and exploring. Only got wifi recently and am still getting used to playing Pokemon with other people (haven't interacted with anyone on Pokemon since Red/Blue/Yellow... even then that was only with my brother... did all of the legwork in filling my pokedex all by myself). Working on some team building experiments and just cracked 10,000 points today, but still on the hunt for a handful of DW females.

Unfortunately, my computer is ten years old with a 512mb ram limit and has extreme displeasure for Firefox's plugin container extension (the heart and soul of the Dream World's functionality as well as streaming sites like YouTube), causing most flash material to be sluggish. Forget even playing with Wailord. So slow the timer takes 5 minutes to get to zero. Everything is in slow motion, and I never get females I am after from that game anyway. If I haven't just entered the DW or exited the DW temporarily, cleared the plugin container's cache and then re-entered the DW, then there's no point to trying the Sky Race. The timer moves at a normal pace, but the distance timer slows down... so it is impossible to reach the goal in time. I can play it twice maybe on a fresh entry to the dream world, but I have to have avoided any other game or situation because the plugin container just keeps chewing up resources on my system until the container finally just crashes from overload. Typically I just have to wander around hoping for the off chance that something I am looking for will have the hide and seek game, but it's a low percentage for a lot of them from my experience. Needing a new system aside, I think PGL and a number of sites could provide better service not relying so much on Flash.

It's a trial making do with the system I have, but it can be annoying at times. Still, I'm not bitter, and I keep at it. I am hoping to work my way up from amateur breeding and get some specialized DW combinations to add to the mix... but I haven't run across any special move Pokemon yet like the Dark Pulse Vulpix I saw mentioned earlier in this thread. That certainly would be a nice one to have. I'll have to keep researching on the Serebii pokedex to see what I can find, but it seems there is a great deal of benefit to egg breeding males on DPPtHGSS and then moving them over to BW to breed with the females. I doubt I'm handing off any new information, though. I'm working on a bit of that with Diamond at the moment, but I don't have access to a second DS for transferring between games more than every other weekend or so (still sitting on my thumbs waiting to transfer a male Goldeen with Body Slam and Aqua Tail from SoulSilver to White to egg breed with my female Lightningrod Seaking).

That being said and done, cracking 10,000 points today got me a Wide Lens right off the bat. Wasn't expecting an item like that so soon after hitting the mark, but it made up for not finding any females and being kicked off before getting the chance to snag a possible female Buneary.

Pardon the long-winded post. I get carried away a bit and am happy to join the ranks after just using serebii for my personal game research. It's past due I start reaching out a bit.

Bah, not much to say except, third day in a row of only finding male pokemons in DW. Ended up picking up a Male Aerodactyl with Stealth Rock because there wasn't anything better.
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Out of interest, why does anyone care about their points total after 10000? It's not like getting any more points will patricularly help you...

My session on the English Dream World sure was predictable. I found about 9 Pokemon today, but none of them were Pokemon that I wanted. I knew this would happen eventually, since I've already obtained most of the Pokemon from Windswept Sky and Sparkling Sea. I kept a DW Feebas, and then I watered some berries. I couldn't find too many dry patches, so I only watered about 12 of those. I spent some time planting my own berries and I left. I have another session coming up on the Japanese Dream World. That should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Out of interest, why does anyone care about their points total after 10000? It's not like getting any more points will patricularly help you...
    Not now at least.
    I'm not a clairvoyant but even I'm smart enough to plan ahead for possible new areas (that need more points). I'm getting the extra points now so I don't have to get them later.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Not now at least.
    I'm not a clairvoyant but even I'm smart enough to plan ahead for possible new areas (that need more points). I'm getting the extra points now so I don't have to get them later.
    Still, the Japanese are likely to get them first and even if there are, it's not going to be something ridiculously difficult to get. The next one will be either 15000 or 20000 and it's not that hard to get to that with the amount of time that will pass between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Not now at least.
    Yeah I agree. I'm at around 23,000 points (give or take), and I bet there will be new areas within 6-12 months to keep the game fresh (at least I hope so, days where I'm going only to the Sky and/or Sea with little to no Forest interaction stinks). Thats just good game managing!

Today I went to the forest twice, found only two pokemon worth taking; Female Mareep w/ Thundershock and Female Shinx w/ Magnet Rise. I chose the latter because, despite really wanting a Mareep and already having a Male Shinx, this is the first Shinx that was Female I've found in a very very long time (I'll trade for a Mareep maybe-not like its hard to find traders with em). I wish she knew Night Slash like the Male I had, but its ok. I found a Skitty with Captivate, but it was male (which I already have, but with Covet! Egg move time baby!)

I found another Sweet Heart on a shelf today, hope I can find more Also hope I can find a Leppa Berry!!!

-EQ, off to market!
    X/αS FC: 3823-9029-3721 (IGN: Washu/Lady Washu)

Dream World Female/Bank Ball Breeder!
    *List of tradable pokemon & want list here*

Ask about my legit female Johto Starters in special balls from Pokemon Colosseum!

Note: I usually do free trades, but I'm not in the best of health, so please bear with me.

MM Shines:
    Furfrou (3/25/14) (1/31/14) x2 (7/15-16/14) (12/10/14) (12/13/14)

Apparently, I'm really good at Masuda Method breeding so long as I'm not trying to breed anything in particular; only took 8 years to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Still, the Japanese are likely to get them first and even if there are, it's not going to be something ridiculously difficult to get. The next one will be either 15000 or 20000 and it's not that hard to get to that with the amount of time that will pass between now and then.
    If the other point caps are any indication,
    0 - Forest
    2500 - Sky
    5000 - Sea
    7500 - Second tier Pokemon
    10,000 - 3rd tier Pokemon

the next goal would be 12,500

Can you pass on DW abilities? If so, how?

Quote Originally Posted by Striker X View Post
    Can you pass on DW abilities? If so, how?
    Breed a female with the ability with a compatible male.

breeding with the female (or male with ditto) with a DW ability. but it's still a crap shoot as to whether or not you'll hatch one with a DW ability.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight_Tails View Post
    (or male with ditto)
    Doesn't work.

breeding with the female (or male with ditto) with a DW ability. but it's still a crap shoot as to whether or not you'll hatch one with a DW ability.
    Males will not pass down the ability
    ever

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Breed a female with the ability with a compatible male.
    Thank you, also, can the DW be played using the wii's internet channel?

Thank you, also, can the DW be played using the wii's internet channel?
    Probably, but I'd recommend very highly against it.

but it's still a crap shoot as to whether or not you'll hatch one with a DW ability.
    There's a 40% chance that the ability will be passed down if I recall correctly. I wish the ability would always be passed down. I spent a while hatching eggs recently while I was breeding for Dream World abilities. It's tedious work, and I wish there was an easier way to do it :<

Why would you recommend against it?

Why would you recommend against it?
    Because the Wii's Internet Channel is crap?

Oh, true fax I guess, lol.

Thank you very much! I'll try

I have just started getting into the Dream World and I have a couple quick questions. I read that you get 30(?) points for playing mini games. In order to rack up points, can I go to the forest and do several mini games, choose not to befriend a Pokémon, and then do more mini games until my hour is up? My second question is if I choose not to befriend a Pokémon on my first visit, on subsequent visits during the same hour will I still be able to select a Pokémon from the initial list?

Quote Originally Posted by redhairedking View Post
    I have just started getting into the Dream World and I have a couple quick questions. I read that you get 30(?) points for playing mini games. In order to rack up points, can I go to the forest and do several mini games,
    20 points
    choose not to befriend a Pokémon, and then do more mini games until my hour is up?
    Yes
    My second question is if I choose not to befriend a Pokémon on my first visit, on subsequent visits during the same hour will I still be able to select a Pokémon from the initial list?
    Yep

Alternatively, when you get to 1 step you can just click return to home and sidestep the whole tree

Another crappy day in the Dream World. I am at 17,000 dream points. In all this time I have seen 1 Vulpix and 1 Polywag. That is it. Both were male. I am getting very very tired of the Dream World.

I played mosted of the games today. Went to the forest 3 times. The best pokemon I saw was a skitty. Again another male. At the end of my session, I had two pages of pokemon and only two were female (one was Kangkeskan which is always female). So I took home a female Wingall and chaulked up another 1 hour of my life I that I will never get back.

Why, why, why can I not find a female Vulpix, Polywag, Growthithe, Sylther, or Butterfree. Please Nintendo give us some news of something positive to look forward to.

horrible day... saw around twenty pokemon and all were male... I was running out of time and I didn't want to get kicked out again so I settled for an earth power sunkern...
    Brutaka
    PM me for a list of MY DW pokemon- all are female

I EV train for Blue Raja.
    I work in Fly High- drop by and order some art!

PM me if you want me to EV train for you!

FC:3611-6818-3138

@Snowyarticuno Thanks for the speedy response!

Page 396 of 694 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406446496 ... LastLast