Page 399 of 694 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,975 of 17329

Thread: Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

The music has finally got to me after nearly 100 hours of Dream World usage. Now I listen to Super Mario tunes when I play Dream World.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystica View Post
    I actually would have preferred if there was a way to plant berries in-game instead of needing a computer. That's kind of an advantage that some gamers don't even get, so they can't gather nearly as many berries. =/
    Well they need some gimmick to keep people playing the Dream World.

Seriously though, what happened to Berry Pots? If they're not going to use the soil mechanism, at least bring back the pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post

Seriously though, what happened to Berry Pots? If they're not going to use the soil mechanism, at least bring back the pots.
    Or be able to plant berries in the soil south of Skyla's airport.

Random : PokéRadar

That's a great point; it's not as though that soil's being used for anything. XD
    I especially liked the pot though, very handy. ;D
    I'm usually on the lookout for a battle. Unfortunately at the time, they'll have to be flat though. XD On another note though, I'm fairly easy going, and I came to enjoy myself with the game series, not fret.

Tracking down Evolutionary stones *namely Fire, Dusk, Thunder* alon9g with Razor Claws
    White FC- 5329-0304-2772

I need to draw the other legendaries...

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post

I actually think you're right about them using the Dream World's berry growing feature as gimmick to keep people interested in the Dream World. I actually know people who only bother with the Dream World because of the berries, so it's possible that they thought ahead and removed the Berry Pots item so that people would rely on the services on the Dream World. Sounds pretty sneaky, but also very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    The Wailord game? What exactly are you curious about?

Anyway, my English Dream World session was a total nightmare. It took about 10 minutes for my Pokemon to fall asleep, so that was stressful. I only found 11 Pokemon this time around for some reason. I kept a female DW Buneary this time, since I hadn't found one of those yet. I hated the Sky Race game, though. The site lagged terribly, and I barely managed to complete it. I hope this lag issue gets resolved soon.
    sorry, I probably should have been more specific... I see a lot of people saying that they want to trade for pokemon from the wailord game. does it make any difference, or is it superstition?
    Brutaka
    PM me for a list of MY DW pokemon- all are female

I EV train for Blue Raja.
    I work in Fly High- drop by and order some art!

PM me if you want me to EV train for you!

FC:3611-6818-3138

Hey it is 6:00PM EST. I thought the Global Link is down until 9:00PM. I guess this is a pleasant change. Does anyone else know about this????

Quote Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
    Hey it is 6:00PM EST. I thought the Global Link is down until 9:00PM. I guess this is a pleasant change. Does anyone else know about this????
    I have just checked the maintenance times and it has been reduced to just a 6 hour period instead of a 18 hour one. Check the maintenance tab to get the local time for maintenance down time.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnfn View Post
    sorry, I probably should have been more specific... I see a lot of people saying that they want to trade for pokemon from the wailord game. does it make any difference, or is it superstition?
    Well, in my computer the wailord game lags a lot so I don't like it very much. Because of that, I prefer asking for pokemons that come from that game so I don't have to play it later to get the pokemon. Hope this answers your question.
        Spoiler:- Credit:

I'm starting to get very annoyed with the dream world and specifically the game sync. About 32 hours ago, I changed the date on my date because I realized that it somehow got to be the wrong date and now I can't get on the dream world because my game sync still says that I need to wait a 24 hour wait period for the game sync to "recharge". It's beginning to get me annoyed because it has been well over 24 hours...
    Click the Userbar to Vist my Trade Shop!

Credit for the AMAZING userbar goes to Mew_ and -Sarah! Thanks so much the two of you!

Credit for the Amazing Vaporeon recolors goes to PetuniaBubbles! Thanks so much!

Credit for this awesome Avatar Signature goes to Blackacer! Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by $h1ny Hunter View Post
    I'm starting to get very annoyed with the dream world and specifically the game sync. About 32 hours ago, I changed the date on my date because I realized that it somehow got to be the wrong date and now I can't get on the dream world because my game sync still says that I need to wait a 24 hour wait period for the game sync to "recharge". It's beginning to get me annoyed because it has been well over 24 hours...
    You have to wait 24 hours then until the date next changes.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Absolutely nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    It's a personal goal. And possibly future point criteria.
    fair 'nuff guys

It's gotten a lot worse recently. The lag had always been there, but I'd only encounter it once a week. Now I'm encountering the lag at least three days out of the week. It only seems to disappear right after they run maintenance on the Dream World, but it returns by Wednesday afternoon. It's upsetting, but nobody is fixing this. If the Dream World really is just a testing ground for something bigger, then they should learn from this and make it so that the next site isn't so laggy.
    i've played it just now, after maintenance i'm assuming since that happens on tuesdays, and it was like it was on the weekend again - everything but the mini-games loaded instantaneously, and even the mini-games took less then a minute to load up. pleasant session as a result ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by PandaChef View Post
    Is a female aerodactyl really rare in dw? Just wondering becuase when i got it i realised it was a fossil pokemon
    i've only encountered 1 aerodactyl at all since i started playing in the dream world, and i've been in the sky many times too - nearly 2 whole sessions last week. i took something else at the time and wish i'd gone for the aero.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    The music has finally got to me after nearly 100 hours of Dream World usage. Now I listen to Super Mario tunes when I play Dream World.
    i actually quite like the DW music, funnily enough.

anyway, today was a really, really awesome session for me; got to 7,500 just by entering, and as mentioned everything was nice and quick, so i first went to check out friends and visitors, and watered 17 patches, as well as checking out loads of shelves. found a sweet heart but couldn't take it as i already had one, a little annoying. + you can only have 9 friends? why does it say '1' then? you're never going to have more then 1 page of friends.

neither thing bothered me enough though; i went to the island after that and everything was awesome there; bumped into a tropius, a surskit, a growlithe (!!! one of my all time favourites) a few zubats and a few castforms, and a few other new ones + yet to be befriended ones too. i really wanted the growlithe to get its good moves but it didn't. i also came across a chatot, but just before the end of the ice cream game, which asked for the smallest of scoops, my tower of scoops collapsed and i failed the game, a new experience and a shame.

i got a female castform though, so that's the one i took home with me! i got a male one too, but it didn't have unique moves. i'll be searching hard for another castform though - i want one with ominous wind.

i have a question. can you get DW pokes with both their DW moves? i don't think i've ever seen a DW poke with both before. is this impossible?

to conclude, i'm just below 8,000 points and looking forward intensely to the next DW session. got some good fellows and ladies to catch. right then, good luck all of you and peace out
    Last edited by willsgb; 8th June 2011 at 12:53 AM. Reason: emphasis
    Diamond team - White team - current White trainees -

Legendaries who have deigned to travel the (in-game) worlds with me -

Needs more minigames really, or an easier way of accumulating points. I've been on there a while now and only just passed the 1000 points mark. I've taken well over ten Pokemon out too.

Also, some more DW Pokemon would be nice. Stuff that's a little more rarer, or possibly the chance of starters of legendaries. Just a thought.
    Pokemon Y
    Kalos Gym Badges: 8 | Elite Four Wins: 1 | Pokedex: 213 | Time: 20:19

Pokemon X
    Kalos Gym Badges: 8 | Elite Four Wins: 1 | Pokedex: 208 | Time: 14:51

3DS Friend Code - 3024 - 6764 - 1919
    Friend Safari: Bug - Ledyba, Volbeat, Pinsir

It;'d be nice if some 5th generation Pokemon actually made it onto the island...I mean goodness. X3
    I'm usually on the lookout for a battle. Unfortunately at the time, they'll have to be flat though. XD On another note though, I'm fairly easy going, and I came to enjoy myself with the game series, not fret.

Tracking down Evolutionary stones *namely Fire, Dusk, Thunder* alon9g with Razor Claws
    White FC- 5329-0304-2772

I need to draw the other legendaries...

Quote Originally Posted by BabyZero View Post
    Well, in my computer the wailord game lags a lot so I don't like it very much. Because of that, I prefer asking for pokemons that come from that game so I don't have to play it later to get the pokemon. Hope this answers your question.
    that makes a lot of sense... in fact, I posted my question after I saw your post in the DW trading thread XD. thanks a lot!
    Brutaka
    PM me for a list of MY DW pokemon- all are female

I EV train for Blue Raja.
    I work in Fly High- drop by and order some art!

PM me if you want me to EV train for you!

FC:3611-6818-3138

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnfn View Post
    that makes a lot of sense... in fact, I posted my question after I saw your post in the DW trading thread XD. thanks a lot!
    I had a weird feeling you were talking about me. Lol x.x

Quote Originally Posted by willsgb View Post
    i've played it just now, after maintenance i'm assuming since that happens on tuesdays, and it was like it was on the weekend again - everything but the mini-games loaded instantaneously, and even the mini-games took less then a minute to load up. pleasant session as a result ^__^
    Yeah. The best time to use the Dream World is right after they've run maintenance. There's very little lag around that time, which allows you to play without stressing out about loading speeds.

And I just remembered that I used the Dream World this morning. Tuesday morning. The Dream World is usually off-line, but it was working for me. I transferred over a DW Buneary and I played some mini-games. I only found 7 Pokemon since I was in a rush, but I kept a female DW Skarmory, just because. I didn't water any berries, but I don't care about points anymore, so whatever.

I don't hate Tuesdays per se, I just don't see the point of maintenance. Nothing ever changes no matter how much maintenance work they run, so I don't understand why they bother with that at all. I only like Tuesdays because a lot of dry berry patches are available after maintenance, but that's really the only brightside to it.
    It might help if they use that maintenance time to remove the tutorial that you are forced to scroll through every time you visit (it has not shown up for me only three times on putting a Pokemon to sleep and going back). Not that Fennel isn't nice to look at, but I didn't need her to explain the entire process to me past day one. This wastes me up to 5 minutes a day waiting for them to load with my old system (I just need a newer computer that doesn't hate Flash so much, so the fault could be considered just as much mine for settling for poor performance... but I ain't rich). They also maybe could expand upon the Dream Pals map. Telling you to "organize your friends in your profile" when you have the maximum 10 pals is just a polite way of saying to kick someone to the curb... which I regrettably did to one pal (who has completely ignored the garden and dream map portion of the game) to accept another person just to get my doormat to stop blinking. Makes little sense to me that the "Check Dream Pals" section of the Dream Pal map has scrolling arrows for extra pages... but the max of 10 doesn't even fill the first page up to allow for a page scroll... and in studying the process, it seems that a lot of people simply use up their slots to make Dream Pals with people who are connected to one of their other Dream Pals already... essentially wasting a slot when they could just follow the rainbow bridges.

Forgive the ranting, but today was just the most frustrating DW play I have had following some even more frustrating issues in real life that had caused me to miss a day already. Only found 5 people who needed a plant watered (and by that I mean A plant watered... one), eating up a half hour of my play time for nothing. Managed to snag a female Magikarp (even if a Gyarados with Moxie might not be as useful as Intimidate... gotta catch 'em all), but by the time I got to my limit, the firefox plugin container was chewing so many resources up when I reached the Dream Tree that it kicked my FreeRam program into clearing up my cache..... which caused firefox to freeze for five minutes, skipping my time limit warning messages completely and throwing me out before I could send Magikarp to my game. She will just have to wait until my next visit, essentially wasting much of the need for me to bother playing in the Dream World on my next visit at all other than to harvest berries for a sofa or to find one of the other females I need and leave Magikarp behind.

As a few people have mentioned here already.... I am curious what my purpose will be now that I have cracked 10,000 points. I don't really have a lot of home decorating in mind, and I wonder about that double-edged sword of continuing to grow berries because the years I spent on Diamond/Platinum/SoulSilver doing it were essentially for nothing. I only am looking for a small handful of Pokemon in the Dream World for specific breeding projects at this point like female Buneary, Lileep, and a Super Luck Togepi that isn't even available. I get the feeling that I will be playing progressively less over the next several days considering the Pokemon encounter rate is limited.

It's gonna be the PokeWalker all over again..... gonna use up its usefulness real quick, leave a bunch of people out of the regional loop, rob people of their special event Pokemon by making excuses blaming us for invisible data saving mistakes like they did with a bunch of the Eeveelutions, give everything good to Japan only, and just f-f-f-fade away to be replaced by the next short-term Poke-gimmick in favor of collecting disposable income rather than making a franchise that is intended to be backwards compatible continue to leave everyone behind. Taking the step from spending the last 10 years playing the games alone for the simple RPG experience to moving online and interacting with everything else the games have to offer has given me mixed feelings.... not sure what my final verdict is on it just yet... but the new concepts for breeding with Dream World Pokemon has been enough to keep me involved.

Honestly I don't like to complain... but it's been a long two days and a flawed computer program feels healthier to take it out on than people you care about. I'm not ready to throw any electronics out the window... yet.... and I am still faithful to the game despite its drawbacks.

OT: Yuka (White), Vernon (Black)
    DW: CoachYuka

White FC (OT: Yuka): 3911 7696 3769
    Black FC (OT: Vernon): 2752 5576 9338

For detailed info on my haves, needs and trading policies, visit my trade shop!
    CoachDozier's Modest Yurt of Offerings

Quote Originally Posted by CoachDozier View Post
    It might help if they use that maintenance time to remove the tutorial that you are forced to scroll through every time you visit (it has not shown up for me only three times on putting a Pokemon to sleep and going back). Not that Fennel isn't nice to look at, but I didn't need her to explain the entire process to me past day one.
    did you erase your cookies or use a different computer?

Because that might be the reason why Fennel keeps popping out.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Mystica View Post
    It;'d be nice if some 5th generation Pokemon actually made it onto the island...I mean goodness. X3
    I don't think it's possible, as according to "hackers" many 5th Gen Pokémon don't have overworld sprites in game.

But then someone could prove me wrong.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Vizeninja View Post
    It's worth it, If you want to get Non-5th gen Pokémon before the credits. I just sent Nintendo a question about this over the Official site. Waiting for a response
    Sorry for quoting myself but I got a response from Nintendo. If you need to change the Game Sync ID because you restarted, You must send a "request" over the Support Section of the Pokémon Website. It helps if you "request" if the form of a question.
    Roses die, Ribbons last forever.

Friend Code: 3265-6466-7393

I had a nice day in DW today. Finally got enough berries to move to the Log Cabin. The session wasn't as slow as usual too. Although I didn't find a pokemon that comes from the wailord game, I did find a female Seaking which means that I don't have to play the wailord game to get Goldeen.
    Last edited by BabyZero; 9th June 2011 at 12:53 AM.

Haven't been on the Dream World much lately. Today I went on with a Togepi. I planted berries, found Pokemon, and watered other people's berries. I got me a Glameow this time.

I'm at 9000 points, 1000 more points, and more stuff will be unlocked.

For the first time, I got a perfect "whatever" bonus on Wailord game, no one splashed on the sea!

And I took a female Seaking home, it's ability is wonderful.

My Japanese Dream World session was a bit better this time around. I found 14 Pokemon, which hasn't happened in quite a while. I kept a female Tropius and then I harvested berries. I didn't notice until recently, but Lum Berries take forever to grow; I've been waiting like 3 days for mine to grow from berries to trees. I only watered about 5 dry berries today, since I had spent so much time on the Island of Dreams.

Page 399 of 694 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast