Page 579 of 694 FirstFirst ... 479529569575576577578579580581582583589629679 ... LastLast
Results 14,451 to 14,475 of 17329

Thread: Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Today i finally reached 10000 Dream points and the found awesome females.
    i decided to take female T-wave Dratini home.^-^
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by Fenyxfyr View Post
    Thanks for the sympathy willsgb ^.^
    Work got in my way today, so I only went to the DW to fetch the Bagon female that I was in the middle of collecting yesterday. *Sigh*, at least you don't lose the pokes you befriend when you get interupted by maintanance.

As for your question willsgb, the pokes in the Entree Forest are safe (as long as you don't reset your game). I don't believe you can get the ones stored in the boxes into the forest, you can only take out the DW pokes that are in there.
    aaaaaahh!! ^___^ yes! i remember now, this happened to me once too, my browser screwed up and when i got back on my hour had elapsed, but when i *nervously* checked back the next day, a poke i'd befriended was still there on my friend board to send over. glad you didn't lose the bagon!

and i thought so for both answers, but cheers for confirming anyway

my session today was not so good... it could have been magnificent, but for one poke who turned out to be male instead of female. it was an abra; when i came across it, i was amazed and delighted... i thought '2 days in a row?? can't be'... and it wasn't. heh

it did know skill swap, which is an egg move for it, but i really want a female to be able to breed for a strong one with magic guard, which sounds like a mental ability. aside from the abra i met ONLY males; first time in a while that's happened to me. had a stressful little time rifling through bulbapedia articles on moves to see if they were egg moves or not while at the tree, lol. in the end, i went with a tropius with leech seed; maybe i should have gone with the abra, but it's done now.

i did find a star piece and an ether on my travels, but it wasn't the best of sessions. still, i've had some good luck in the week before today, so i guess i was due a less desired run. meh, onwards and upwards.
    Diamond team - White team - current White trainees -

Legendaries who have deigned to travel the (in-game) worlds with me -

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEpicRock View Post
    Got a Female Telepathy Raltz today. It would have been helpful if it had helping hand, for doubles use, but it's still female.

Anyway, the berry game is so much easier now that I've discovered Lum berries. The only problem is that they take two days to grow, and only make three berries, even if they are watered!
    Destiny Bond better than Helpping Hand special move
    Gardeoir will get Helping Hand by level up

Today while in the Dream World, I encountered an Illumise and Volbeat. However, I picked a Volbeat to send back because I forgot that Illumises can produce Volbeat eggs too. >_< Such a stupid mistake. Oh well... Guess I'll just have to either find another one or find something better.

I'm having some confusion understanding the 50 limit thing. Does this mean that the Friend Board/Entree Forest can store 50 Pokemon, or does this mean that after I've sent over 50 Pokemon from the Dream World that I can never send any more ever again? I think I've sent over 20+ Pokemon right now, but I always send one over after I wake my Pokemon up.
    Alpha SapphireL

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireL View Post
    Today while in the Dream World, I encountered an Illumise and Volbeat. However, I picked a Volbeat to send back because I forgot that Illumises can produce Volbeat eggs too. >_< Such a stupid mistake. Oh well... Guess I'll just have to either find another one or find something better.

I'm having some confusion understanding the 50 limit thing. Does this mean that the Friend Board/Entree Forest can store 50 Pokemon, or does this mean that after I've sent over 50 Pokemon from the Dream World that I can never send any more ever again? I think I've sent over 20+ Pokemon right now, but I always send one over after I wake my Pokemon up.
    There is no limit.you can collect them all but make sure entralink has empty space for the pokemons you're sending over then you'll be good to go.
    Most recent shiny:

Quote Originally Posted by safrizal View Post
    Destiny Bond better than Helpping Hand special move
    Gardeoir will get Helping Hand by level up
    No it doesn't.

Destiny Bond is an Egg Move, Helping Hand is a 4th gen tutor move.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Today I alternated between the Sparkling Sea and Rugged Mountain areas, finding a Lapras, Beldum, Corphish, Beldum and Lapras respectively [3 / 6 pokemon I haven't caught yet].

They all wanted to play Sky Race. I got scores of 400,00+ on each and all but the last Lapras earned Level-Up moves. How do you do well in that game. Seriously... >->

In the end the last Lapras got Horn Drill [big whoop...], but it was the best of the bunch so off we went back to Unova.

Hey guys!
    i have a quick qestion.
    how do i register my japanese black version for dream world?
    do i have to register it on a japanese site or something?
    Most recent shiny:

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    No it doesn't.

Destiny Bond is an Egg Move, Helping Hand is a 4th gen tutor move.
    oh sorry i have look in Gallade info

ok helping hand better for DW special move

im so suprised its 3 day till christmas and i went to spooky manor 0_0 well time to befriend pokemon!
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    im so suprised its 3 day till christmas and i went to spooky manor 0_0 well time to befriend pokemon!
    Game freak is not going to take spooky manor down as its the special place to find special pokemon.
    Most recent shiny:

Took home a Tyrogue with Mach Punch today. I don't really like male pokes from the dream world, as I'd rather breed for natures/IVs than SR, but since tyrogue is a male only pokemon, there's not much I can do about it.

Yeah, both the spooky manor and rugged mountain are permanent, it said on the website. That said, if they keep adding more places and never removing any, they are REALLY going to have to make some way of choosing destination.

Found both a female Seel and a female Natu today. Neither had special moves, but I took Seel in the end. Item glitch is still persisting.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEpicRock View Post
    Took home a Tyrogue with Mach Punch today. I don't really like male pokes from the dream world, as I'd rather breed for natures/IVs than SR, but since tyrogue is a male only pokemon, there's not much I can do about it.
    If you want a certain nature for your Tyrogue, you can always SR for it in the Entralink forest. Just make sure you have an extra space in your party so it stays with you after you capture it, and if it has a bad nature, then just reset and catch it again. There's nothing you can do about its IVs, though.

I also have a question. If you reset your game cartridge that you use for going to the Dream World, do you get to start over in the Dream World? Does it erase all of your points, Pokemon, DW friends, and Trade pals? I was wondering because I noticed it tells you how many badges you've earned on the website, and if you reset, that wouldn't be true anymore.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    If you want a certain nature for your Tyrogue, you can always SR for it in the Entralink forest. Just make sure you have an extra space in your party so it stays with you after you capture it, and if it has a bad nature, then just reset and catch it again. There's nothing you can do about its IVs, though.

I also have a question. If you reset your game cartridge that you use for going to the Dream World, do you get to start over in the Dream World? Does it erase all of your points, Pokemon, DW friends, and Trade pals? I was wondering because I noticed it tells you how many badges you've earned on the website, and if you reset, that wouldn't be true anymore.
    yes,you won't be able to use your account anymore because the game gives you a new SYNC ID.
    Most recent shiny:

Okay, thanks 2rsa!

I was reading previous pages, and I have a question about this discussion:

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    There is no limit.you can collect them all but make sure entralink has empty space for the pokemons you're sending over then you'll be good to go.
    You said that even though the Friend Board only shows 50 Pokemon initially, that this is not the limit, and it will add more pages after you fill it. I thought that this was only true for the Japanese games, whose limit is 100 Pokemon, and the limit for English games was still 50 and they have not extended it yet. Am I just behind the times?

Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Okay, thanks 2rsa!

You said that even though the Friend Board only shows 50 Pokemon initially, that this is not the limit, and it will add more pages after you fill it. I thought that this was only true for the Japanese games, whose limit is 100 Pokemon, and the limit for English games was still 50 and they have not extended it yet. Am I just behind the times?
    Japanese players had the 50 pokemon limit but game freak lifted the limit.
    i heard that other players don't have limits either.
    someone correct me if i'm wrong!
    I'm close to 50.
    Most recent shiny:

My English Dream World session was average. I managed to get into the Sparkling Sea, Windswept Sky and Spooky Manor areas, and I befriended 15 Pokemon in total. I chose to keep a female Spinarak at the Tree of Dreams and then I returned to my house. I harvested berries and then I bought the Modern House since I had finally collected enough Rawst, Chesto and Oran Berries. I watered other people's berries after that and then I logged off early.

Okay, thanks 2rsa!

I've taken home at least 120 pokemon.

Japanese players had the 50 pokemon limit but game freak lifted the limit.
    i heard that other players don't have limits either.
    someone correct me if i'm wrong!
    I'm close to 50.
    there is no longer a limit to how many pokemon you can take from the DW. i'm well over 100, i'm on the DW at least 5 days a week, have been since USA launch, & i take something home every single time...

uhhh...what? you can SR for nature & IV's.
    Last edited by manniezmoll; 22nd December 2011 at 8:23 PM.
    White: 3053-7006-7276: Lainey
    White 2: 4041-4230-1439: Lainey
    3DS: 5456-0840-5985: Lainey
    New Leaf: Lainey in Torretto

I guess I just didn't get the memo about the number of Pokemon you can take. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by manniezmoll View Post
    uhhh...what? you can SR for nature & IV's.
    Yes, you can SR for IV's, but the chances that he will be able to SR for the nature he wants AND 31s in his desired stats (or a perfect Tyrogue) is almost zero. If you want good IVs you almost always have to breed for them. If you SR for a nature and IVs in the Entralink you're going to be there for the rest of your life.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 22nd December 2011 at 9:22 PM.

I fond a female Teddiursa today.
    Most recent shiny:

I almost forgot that I played the DW today. I lucked out and got a Skill Swap Bronzor. The lucky part being I realized what that meant competitively.

And of course, I grew more EV berries.

i took back my 50th poke yesterday, so today will be nailbiting

i hope you're right!

in all seriousness though, with so many pokes running around in what is now 5 different areas, with various known moves and genders, and without anything on the websites to indicate a limit, common sense says that with all the other restrictions in the DW, a pokemon befriending limit would be unfeasible; anyway, they lifted the limit from the japanese players' game, so i don't see why they'd then impose it on other regions.

still, i won't fully relax until i've safely sent number 51 back to my entralink :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    They all wanted to play Sky Race. I got scores of 400,00+ on each and all but the last Lapras earned Level-Up moves. How do you do well in that game. Seriously... >->

In the end the last Lapras got Horn Drill [big whoop...], but it was the best of the bunch so off we went back to Unova.
    sky race is one of the more annoying games for me, but i seem to get higher scores when i keep pelliper as far forward as possible, on the left side of the screen; i'm not entirely sure if this helps, but the aim is to get to the end as fast as possible, right. i'm positively certain that avoiding the sparks AND the clouds helps with the score. try to get as many water droplets as possible in a row without hitting anything.

that said, i can usually go without hitting a single spark, but avoiding all the clouds is another matter, so my advice is to string together a bunch of droplets - see, when you get to full speed, droplets accrued after that give you more points - and then nip and tuck through a cloud if you can't avoid it. i regularly get between 47/48k and 55k, so yeah. i'm not sure if this drivel will help you, but hopefully it will.

grats on the lapras btw. envy!

as for my session yesterday, it was looking a little dry, and the pokes i was finding were all male, until i came across a bagon on the mountain; i screwed up the final bit of the gems game, but still got a decent score, and it was a female ^_^ i was hoping it would know outrage, but dragon dance is more then good enough, a very handy move indeed. i wasn't really aware of salamence before, but it certainly looks like it could become a favourite. by the way, i can't remember who gave this advice, but it is indeed the case that you need not draw the hypoteneuse on the triangle; thanks a lot for that advice if you're reading this ^_____^

this was on my third run i think, and i was starting to think it was going to be another bad session until that. afterwards i relaxed, and then found myself at the manor and confronted with ANOTHER abra. i played as well as i could in the scoop game but it was male, and knew skill swap, again, as the one the previous day was. i did well in a game of pokemon seek and did get a female wobuffet though, another poke i'm fascinated by, but it didn't know a move not already part of its somewhat limited and specialised in-game movepool, so i went back with the bagon.

as for items, i found mainly berries again, but i did come across a tinymushroom in the forest, a max ether in the manor and, curiously, two timer balls on the mountain, on the same run-through. i had 2 pass orbs on my share shelf, and some guy swapped them both for aspear and oran berries. i guess pass orbs are as common as those berries, but i was hoping for something rarer. a guy can dream right. easier to be a miserly knob. give me rare items! gah. meh. peace out.
    Diamond team - White team - current White trainees -

Legendaries who have deigned to travel the (in-game) worlds with me -

Sky Race is easy. I usually get in the upper 50ks, sometimes breaking into 60. It's by far the most consistently easy one to do and get a nice enough score to get a better chance at moves (going by bulbapedia...supposedly 55k is the 50/50 marker for upper moves)

Candles is a total wash. You can sort of manipulate the computer to do what you want in certain instances, but often you're going to be screwed over because there's no way to tell what the computer will do most of the time other than "It will do exactly what will screw YOU over". But, it's still relatively easy to do somewhat well on so can't stay too mad at it.
    GEMS IS STILL TERRIBLE. The highest I've gotten was 34k or so and I don't think it was enough for a good move.

Page 579 of 694 FirstFirst ... 479529569575576577578579580581582583589629679 ... LastLast