Page 580 of 694 FirstFirst ... 480530570576577578579580581582583584590630680 ... LastLast
Results 14,476 to 14,500 of 17329

Thread: Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Quote Originally Posted by willsgb View Post
    i took back my 50th poke yesterday, so today will be nailbiting

i hope you're right!

in all seriousness though, with so many pokes running around in what is now 5 different areas, with various known moves and genders, and without anything on the websites to indicate a limit, common sense says that with all the other restrictions in the DW, a pokemon befriending limit would be unfeasible; anyway, they lifted the limit from the japanese players' game, so i don't see why they'd then impose it on other regions.

still, i won't fully relax until i've safely sent number 51 back to my entralink :P

eh, you don't have to worry, you'll be able to took back more than 50 Pokemon in total, since I've got well past 50

The "already sent" part of my Board shows more than 7 pages, remember than each page has 10 Pokemon.

And yes this is on English PGL.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Sky Race is easy. I usually get in the upper 50ks, sometimes breaking into 60. It's by far the most consistently easy one to do and get a nice enough score to get a better chance at moves (going by bulbapedia...supposedly 55k is the 50/50 marker for upper moves)
    yeah, it's the easiest Minigame.

Candles is a total wash. You can sort of manipulate the computer to do what you want in certain instances, but often you're going to be screwed over because there's no way to tell what the computer will do most of the time other than "It will do exactly what will screw YOU over".
    My problem with that Minigame is not the AI, but the ridiculous amount of TIME it takes to finish the Minigame.
    90 seconds? What 90 seconds, it was FIVE MINUTES.

GEMS IS STILL TERRIBLE. The highest I've gotten was 34k or so and I don't think it was enough for a good move.
    if you're lucky 30k points is enough for a good move.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Not good enough for Sludge Wave Koffing (WHY DID YOU NOT HAVE SLUDGE WAVE FROM THE START)

That said...are...are the patterns in Gems set in stone? It seems that the spots where you jump definitely are, and I'm pretty sure it's set to be 2 slash marks at the start

Tucked in my charizard after like 15 minutes searching for pokemon I finally found my female dw trapinch.
    Name:Josh
    Black FC:3783 1690 5531

OFFICIALLY CLAIMED THE
    WOOLY MAMMOTH MAMOSWINE

CLICK THE USERBAR TO GO STRAIGHT TO MY SHOP
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/i1w3u8.gif[/img]
    Thanks to -Sarah for making the awesome userbar
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratess View Post
    Tucked in my charizard after like 15 minutes searching for pokemon I finally found my female dw trapinch.
    I'm not trying to be rude, but I have been wondering why people want DW females that don't have a special ability. For example, DW Flygon has Levitate just like every other Flygon. Is it because it's in a Dream Ball, so it's unique? Again, no offense, I was just wondering because I only take DW Pokemon that I don't already have or those that have a special move or ability that I can utilize.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude, but I have been wondering why people want DW females that don't have a special ability. For example, DW Flygon has Levitate just like every other Flygon. Is it because it's in a Dream Ball, so it's unique? Again, no offense, I was just wondering because I only take DW Pokemon that I don't already have or those that have a special move or ability that I can utilize.
    Some people may not know that Trapinch's evolutions got the shaft, but hey maybe he just wants to use Sheer Force Trapinch.

Quote Originally Posted by willsgb View Post
    sky race is one of the more annoying games for me, but i seem to get higher scores when i keep pelliper as far forward as possible, on the left side of the screen; i'm not entirely sure if this helps, but the aim is to get to the end as fast as possible, right. i'm positively certain that avoiding the sparks AND the clouds helps with the score. try to get as many water droplets as possible in a row without hitting anything.

that said, i can usually go without hitting a single spark, but avoiding all the clouds is another matter, so my advice is to string together a bunch of droplets - see, when you get to full speed, droplets accrued after that give you more points - and then nip and tuck through a cloud if you can't avoid it. i regularly get between 47/48k and 55k, so yeah. i'm not sure if this drivel will help you, but hopefully it will.

grats on the lapras btw. envy!
    Well yeah, I would keep Pelliper all the way forward - but then I wouldn't be able to see where I'm going.

It does seem to be entirely luck based...

And Search, Ice Cream and Gems are the easiest Minigames to me [followed by Wailord]. Sky Race and Candles being the sheer opposite

Today I got a female Tentacool with Acupressure [so 2 new PokeDex enteries for me soon].

Just Corphish [and Crawdaunt], Dratini [and Dragonair, Dragonite] and Chinchou [and Lanturn] from the Sparkling Sea left to get.

That said...are...are the patterns in Gems set in stone? It seems that the spots where you jump definitely are, and I'm pretty sure it's set to be 2 slash marks at the start
    From what I've seen... sort of? What I've noticed:

- As you mentioned, it seems as though the first two are always the slash.
    - There are between 5 and 7 gems on the first stretch.
    - On the second stretch, I don't know a whole lot since I almost always hit the cave.
    - The cave is set. I've never seen any variation to it. To get a perfect run in there, you have to draw: V, Z, Triangle, V, Z (I'm pretty sure that's it, but I haven't gotten the mountain in a couple days, so I'm not positive)

I haven't noticed any particular pattern in the final stretch. There does seem to be a set number of ways that each stretch can be laid out though.

today in the dream world:

lawl 100k+
    and I picked up some female croagunk today :P
    White Friend Code: 2923 9171 4670

Had quite the adventure today. I was one my 7th run through before finding a female, a Seel. I did pick up an old gateau and HP up from the manor, though, which was nice.

Also: what is everyone's opinion about the Wailord game? I broke 100K once, just by sheer luck, but lately it's been frustrating, with things like two pokemon falling on opposite ends of the screen at once, with no hope of me catching them both. It just seems like it's totally luck; at least with the other games you can overcome the luck with skill and knowledge of the game, but Wailord is just frustrating to me.

Well, I finally have all 8 badges in White, that means i can finally get Sparkling Sea. it'll be nice to have all the areas unlocked. Im also very close to getting 10,000 dream points meaning all the available Pokemon will be unlocked as well, so Im hoping to find some good ones like Bagon and Abra. Also I should have enough berries for the Rocket House when I go today. Im also growing many EV berries for use in my game( gotta erase the EVs from my shiny Fraxure and EV train it). I wont get the 10,000 points today, but in a few days I'll have it.

I ended up bring home a female Smeargle today with the move Captivate (even though I brought home a male one yesterday). My other choices of females was a Chimeco with Hypnosis and a a Drifloon with something (i forgot). I decided to take home Smeargle because I thought it could only learn Sketch. I didn't know it could learn anything else. :S
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Brought back a Male bidoof.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    I ended up bring home a female Smeargle today with the move Captivate (even though I brought home a male one yesterday). My other choices of females was a Chimeco with Hypnosis and a a Drifloon with something (i forgot). I decided to take home Smeargle because I thought it could only learn Sketch. I didn't know it could learn anything else. :S
    Technically, Smeargle can learn almost every move through Sketch... :P. Anyway, it can also be obtained with Sleep Talk from the Dream World.

Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    Technically, Smeargle can learn almost every move through Sketch... :P. Anyway, it can also be obtained with Sleep Talk from the Dream World.
    Haha. Thanks for getting "technical" with me. I honestly don't know if I have ever even used a Smeargle before. Do they forget the other pokemons moves when the battle is over or do they take with them those moves into the next battle?
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEpicRock View Post
    Also: what is everyone's opinion about the Wailord game? I broke 100K once, just by sheer luck, but lately it's been frustrating, with things like two pokemon falling on opposite ends of the screen at once, with no hope of me catching them both. It just seems like it's totally luck; at least with the other games you can overcome the luck with skill and knowledge of the game, but Wailord is just frustrating to me.
    i hate that game so much...i just try to get to 15 so i can at least win the game...i have noticed it helps to have a slower connection, it gives a better chance of catching all 4 pokemon as they fall...
    White: 3053-7006-7276: Lainey
    White 2: 4041-4230-1439: Lainey
    3DS: 5456-0840-5985: Lainey
    New Leaf: Lainey in Torretto

Quote Originally Posted by manniezmoll View Post
    i hate that game so much...i just try to get to 15 so i can at least win the game...i have noticed it helps to have a slower connection, it gives a better chance of catching all 4 pokemon as they fall...
    noticed how if you make them land on one spot on wailord's water spout they go thesame way so its easiet ro catch all four when there closer

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Haha. Thanks for getting "technical" with me. I honestly don't know if I have ever even used a Smeargle before. Do they forget the other pokemons moves when the battle is over or do they take with them those moves into the next battle?
    Smeargle keeps whatever it sketches... that's what makes males such a powerful breeding pokemon.

Just got an Electroweb using Spinarak, watered some friends' berries and harvested some of my own!

Same opinion as you.

It's the second most annoying game for me (the first is Candle game, purely because of the time it takes to finish the stupid game)

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    eh, you don't have to worry, you'll be able to took back more than 50 Pokemon in total, since I've got well past 50

The "already sent" part of my Board shows more than 7 pages, remember than each page has 10 Pokemon.

And yes this is on English PGL.
    yeah, i thought so, about there not being a limit, hehe. thanks for the reassurance anyway :P

Not good enough for Sludge Wave Koffing (WHY DID YOU NOT HAVE SLUDGE WAVE FROM THE START)

in my experience, having gone both through the normal part and through the cave on the second of the three levels, the gems game always has the same patterns in the same order. that's how i've improved at the game, i've been more prepared having a good idea what's coming. the cave always starts with a V, for example, and will have a triangle 3 or 4 patterns in - which i must reiterate for anyone who doesn't yet know doesn't need its hypoteneuse drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    i suppose it's a collector's prerogative; it's why i've taken back some of the ones i've taken back, including yesterday's, which i'll ramble on about later on in this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    Well yeah, I would keep Pelliper all the way forward - but then I wouldn't be able to see where I'm going.

It does seem to be entirely luck based...
    aye, well obviously not so you can't react, not right up alongside the left hand side... mind you i don't think that actually makes much of a difference. had a few decent runs on it yesterday but 54k was my highest score.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    today in the dream world:

lawl 100k+
    and I picked up some female croagunk today :P
    ... holy ****. how the **** did you do that? highest i've been able to get in wailord is 76k; that ^ is astonishing

i'd say it's a frustrating game too; a good score can be got on it with a little concentration, but the risk is being overcautious to avoid dropping any of the 4 in the soup and then not hitting that many balls; i don't know about techniques, but i guess what i try to do and have a little more success with is throwing one up in the air as another is hitting a ball, rather then just after i'd lifted the first one off, or just before it comes down. meh

today's run was a bit of a bummer; i started with 3 runs through the pleasant forest. i found an absol, and a few other interesting pokes, but every one was male, so i went with a numel that knows body slam; it's a decent egg move, and i've never had a numel before, so that's another pokedex entry sorted.

i had more joy with items though - i harvested 15 lum berries i'd planted and got 75 to play with which is sweet; planting loads of EV-reducing ones now; i've been reading up on EV training and i think i finally understand it fully now; and i just got beat right before a boss in the subway so i want to EV train my pokes for a proper tilt at a mental run. i also found a few interesting items on the island - a metronome, which sounds like it could be a useful held item, and a protein on someone's shelf after the island dried up.

i have to say, i don't really mind the restriction on sending more then 1 poke back a day, or even the hour a day access limit; but the island drying up after 5/6 run-throughs is annoying now. ah well. peace

edit - merry Christmas everyone
    Last edited by willsgb; 24th December 2011 at 6:22 AM.
    Diamond team - White team - current White trainees -

Legendaries who have deigned to travel the (in-game) worlds with me -

I haven't been online for a few days so I was happy to get back to the DW. In my black game I didn't get to any of the new areas, so I decided if it wanted to keep sending me to the forest I was going to search for a female vulpix (still don't have) I instead ran into another Tauros. I did very well in the poke search game and came out with the move Rock Climb. I went with that poke since, this being the 'season of to much to do and not enough time' I took him back with me.
    In my white game, I was sent to the forest alot and the manor once. I got very excited when I came across a growlithe (I've seen so few - all male though ). At the end of the ice cream game (I used a Lum berry) It was a female. YES!!!!!! Left the DW in a hurry after that. I didn't want to run across something else that I wanted.

Hope every one has a Merry Christmas and/or a Happy Holiday...
        Spoiler:- Dream world name:
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

I brought home a female Castform today.
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

finally got 50k score on the Gems minigame xD

Spoiler:- pic:

The Larvitar has Stealth Rock, and in the end I took home that Larvitar.

The DW today gave me 9 females.....none of them are good, it's all the things I already have.
    Even worse part : I befriended yet ANOTHER female Rhyhorn with Double-Edge.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

Pretty good run today. Brought home a female Elekid and some random pokeballs. It sure was a good thing Elekid was a poke that I needed, as it was the only female I found (bar some female-only pokes that I already had). It seems like some days the dream world gives me lots of females and some days almost none. Such is life, I suppose.

Is there a website, or a link on Serebii, that lists all of the potential moves a DW Pokemon can learn? I did search Serebii and Google, but I can't find one.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Page 580 of 694 FirstFirst ... 480530570576577578579580581582583584590630680 ... LastLast