Page 629 of 694 FirstFirst ... 529579619625626627628629630631632633639679 ... LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,725 of 17329

Thread: Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

I went on the English Dream World on my sister's account this morning. I befriended 13 Pokemon on there today after visiting the Windswept Sky, Pleasant Forest and Spooky Manor areas, and there were quite a few female Pokemon to choose from. I decided to keep a female Vulpix in the end, and then I harvested all of my sister's berries. I planted some Cornn, Wepear and Oran Berries since she was running low on those. I didn't search through Share Shelves, but I watered other peoples' dry berries for points before signing off.

Pretty bad hour today. I didn't find any interesting Pokemon, and I ended up waking up with a Duskull. However, Diglett gave me a fourth row in the garden.

I think I only need 400 more points to get Windswept Sky, so I'll milk my hour tomorrow.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    You forgot to mention 1 very important thing : just look for the berry first. No need to click on every bushes/rocks/clouds, just look for the berry first, after you find it, you now only needs to check all the areas 2 screens away from the screen where you find the berry. Not to mention finding the berry gives an additional 5000 points to the score
    Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    Thanks for the help will
    you're welcome abrar; and you're right shine, that's a good point! sometimes the berry's on the other side of the route i'm heading down, so i find the pokemon first. but yeah, definitely know that if you find the berry, the pokemon will be at most 2 steps away.

anyway, if you need anymore advice abrar, just read through this thread - it's chock full of helpful people giving good advice; i learned about the triangle thing on the gems game here for example. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Chimecho3000 View Post
    Oh my bad, I moved the image. Here's my high score.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...d/untitled.jpg
    hats off to you sir, that is a damn good score

Quote Originally Posted by manniezmoll View Post
    question: if i restart my Black game & start a new DW account, can i set my country to canada or one of the other EU countries & get a DW lucario? i'm actually in the USA...
    i assume so! make sure you trade everything good you want to keep to another save file before you reset your black game if you can, of course;

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    So there's gonna be more extended maintenance on the 10th? Wasn't there just extended maintenance a week ago or something? What's going on?
    we can only hope good things are on the horizon. but i'm guessing it's like when they shut down certain lines on the tube here in london every weekend because it needs that much maintenance/repair work. also, probably preparing the site for BW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenna View Post
    That is annoying.

At least I didn't miss much other than like 5 months of Dream World due to completely forgetting about it.
    make sure you snap up all the promotions that are still available; there's a togekiss you can get in your birthday month - you have to go to your mailbox on pokemon.com itself to unlock that one; there's also been a croagunk, a mamoswine, an arceus, and something else as well.

so for me it was a mixed bag today; i earned an agile, male skorupi and a feinting male houndour, but the pick of the bunch was a signal beam rotom, so i chose the latter; i also found a twistedspoon, which was nice. unfortunately, i also found that someone had left a dawn stone on my shelf, and then someone else had replaced taken it and left me with a damn haban berry so annoying. oh well. peace
    Last edited by willsgb; 8th April 2012 at 4:18 AM.
    Diamond team - White team - current White trainees -

Legendaries who have deigned to travel the (in-game) worlds with me -

Ok so is there a limit to how many times you can go across the dream bridge and encounter pokemon and find berries and stuff? Because I am trying to find a female Nidoran and I can still go to the different places across the bridge, but I don't come across any pokemon or items either. Is it just bad connection or am I just clueless here? Someone please help.
    Currently working on a shiny Eevee using the Masuda Method

Eggs hatched: 422

SR'ing for Shiny Mewtwo on HG
    SRs: 300

White FC: 0389-8656-5508
    Name: Casey

Quote Originally Posted by CTurner182 View Post
    Ok so is there a limit to how many times you can go across the dream bridge and encounter pokemon and find berries and stuff? Because I am trying to find a female Nidoran and I can still go to the different places across the bridge, but I don't come across any pokemon or items either. Is it just bad connection or am I just clueless here? Someone please help.
    Yeah, it dries up after a few runs. Once it's dry, you need to wake up your Pokemon and put either it or a new one back to sleep and access the Dream World the next day in order to run into more Pokemon/items.

Well, I finally got my birthday Togekiss for my White account. In April. My Black sent the message back in February like it was supposed to, but I didn't get it for White until now. Watered berries, but didn't find much in the island that I didn't already have. Since the island's not dry yet and I still had some water left in the can, I let my Pokemon (a Scraggy in White and a Scrafty in Black) stay asleep in hopes of finding more stuff tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ememew; 8th April 2012 at 5:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    Yeah, it dries up after a few runs. Once it's dry, you need to wake up your Pokemon and put either it or a new one back to sleep and access the Dream World the next day in order to run into more Pokemon/items.
    Alright thanks a ton. Also thanks for the quick response.
    Currently working on a shiny Eevee using the Masuda Method

Eggs hatched: 422

SR'ing for Shiny Mewtwo on HG
    SRs: 300

White FC: 0389-8656-5508
    Name: Casey

Very successful run today pokemon wise. The DW was very generous to me today, allowing me at least six visits. Ran into a lot of females, but went with a Miltank that had Iron Tail. Pretty good get for me.

My streak of bad item luck continues, though. Got a ton of berries and only a super potion. Left the berries, took the potion.

Also got a DW level up for the first time. I've come close to the 500 mark a few times, but this is my first time crossing it.

All in all a successful run.
    A few things about myself:

Spoiler:- About:

Quote Originally Posted by willsgb View Post
    so for me it was a mixed bag today; i earned an agile, male skorupi and a feinting male houndour, but the pick of the bunch was a signal beam rotom, so i chose the latter; i also found a twistedspoon, which was nice. unfortunately, i also found that someone had left a dawn stone on my shelf, and then someone else had replaced taken it and left me with a damn haban berry so annoying. oh well. peace
    lol. That was me willsgb, I guess you didn't read my post yesterday - I also sent the friend request. Today I took another pass orb from you and put an elixir on your shelf, maybe this time you will get it

Todays run wasn't very interesting, I found a lot of berries, and a few poke balls. I didn't take any pokes back in my Black game, but decided to take a male Relicanth back. Hopefully the maintenance will bring us something new.
        Spoiler:- Dream world name:
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

I got an extra Dream World Gligar guys. If anyone wants it I'm looking for female Vulpix, female Poliwag and the least wanted Drifloon. If Drifloon I'd like to have it as a Modest or Timid nature.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

I could really use somebody's help...

I want to get that special C-gear skin of Reshiram. So I downloaded the event one (SPR12) and tucked it in. Then I visited that special movie home, like the instructions told me to. However Victini never appeared there and never appeared any of the times I went to the Island of Dreams...

So, am I doing something wrong or is the just a luck-based thing?
        Spoiler:- Friend codes:

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Silver View Post
    I could really use somebody's help...

I want to get that special C-gear skin of Reshiram. So I downloaded the event one (SPR12) and tucked it in. Then I visited that special movie home, like the instructions told me to. However Victini never appeared there and never appeared any of the times I went to the Island of Dreams...

So, am I doing something wrong or is the just a luck-based thing?

You must visit the Island of Dreams from the special home.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I had a lackluster time on the Japanese Dream World this morning; it took about 10 minutes for my Pokemon to fall asleep. I went to the Island of Dreams when my Pokemon finally got tucked in, but I was only sent to the Windswept Sky and Pleasant Forest areas. I befriended 10 Pokemon in those areas anyway, and I chose to keep a female Staravia. I harvested my berries after that and then I watered other peoples' berries; unfortunately, I only found 7 dry berries. I eventually signed off because I got bored.

What's the easiest way to find people with gardens that need watering?
    I spent 20 minutes yesterday trying to find a single garden that needed a single plant watered.
    I guess it's just luck? That, and I only have 2 Dream World friends at the moment
    Just got Pokemon White (I had Black)
    That image wasn't that appropriate, so it was removed. Read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    You must visit the Island of Dreams from the special home.
    Ohh. Thank you; I will have to do that tomorrow. It makes sense now, but I had initially thought that the dream bridge from there just led back to your own house; don't know why I thought that. I guess it was because this was like the first time I had used the Dream World since May of last year.
    Last edited by Mount Silver; 9th April 2012 at 5:34 AM. Reason: typo
        Spoiler:- Friend codes:

DW trolled me today. I was sent to Windswept Sky twice and didnt find any good pokemon. The other three areas were the Haunted House, Pleasant Forest and the Sparkling sea. The Pleasant Forest and Haunted House only gave me items and When I went to the Sparkling Sea, nothing was there. I decided to take back a Pidgey with Secret Power. =/

Current Shiny Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by KimmyC View Post
    DW trolled me today. I was sent to Windswept Sky twice and didnt find any good pokemon. The other three areas were the Haunted House, Pleasant Forest and the Sparkling sea. The Pleasant Forest and Haunted House only gave me items and When I went to the Sparkling Sea, nothing was there. I decided to take back a Pidgey with Secret Power. =/
    Tell me about it, I spent a lot of time in DW recently and my only true prize has been a Solrock I needed for my Pokedex. Better luck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    Since the island's not dry yet and I still had some water left in the can, I let my Pokemon (a Scraggy in White and a Scrafty in Black) stay asleep in hopes of finding more stuff tomorrow.
    never tried that before - intentionally, had to do it a few times because the DW went into maintenance during a session or my internet broke - but that's a useful tactic for someone trying to get the 500 points and a heart emote to level the sleeping pokemon up, since each day you enter the DW is another 50 points;

Quote Originally Posted by Fenyxfyr View Post
    lol. That was me willsgb, I guess you didn't read my post yesterday - I also sent the friend request. Today I took another pass orb from you and put an elixir on your shelf, maybe this time you will get it

Hopefully the maintenance will bring us something new.
    ahh! mate, i saw your post now, sorry, i skimmed past it and missed it i didn't get the elixir either, someone else nabbed it i appreciate you trying to give me those things anyway though! i'm building up quite a haul of stuff so when i've got a fair excess of most of the rarer things, going to stick some on my shelf, and the shelves of my dream pals. not got that much just yet, but that's the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by epsonality View Post
    I spent 20 minutes yesterday trying to find a single garden that needed a single plant watered.
    I guess it's just luck? That, and I only have 2 Dream World friends at the moment
    check the dream pal map of your dream pals, if they have other pals, visit their gardens, and then visit the pals of those pals. a reasonable amount of searching should yield an empty watering can before too long.

right then, yesterday evening i played, and with 3 DP requests, including one from the mighty fenyxfyr, 20 plots to water before too long and a bunch of pokemon to play games with, the gross got a level up; after several games i got a couple of desirable pokes - a recycling magnemite and a male giga draining trapinch - it's not an egg move for it, but i have a female trapinch that knows the egg move signal beam, so i got this trapinch for its unique move. i chose it ahead of the magnemite because the chances of getting another desirable magnemite are double since it's genderless; that's that for another day then. peace out!

Quote Originally Posted by epsonality View Post
    usually, if i play either really early in the day (before 10am) or really late at night (after 10pm) i find dry gardens. if i play in the middle of the day, everyone's already watered, so i get nothing...
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

Dream World wasn't so bad today. Found a Rotom and a Dark Pulse female Carvana. I took the Rotom since I am sure I'll find another Carvana like that again.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

Quote Originally Posted by TopDecking Shinobi View Post
    Dream World wasn't so bad today. Found a Rotom and a Dark Pulse female Carvana. I took the Rotom since I am sure I'll find another Carvana like that again.
    You are very lucky for finding a Rotom, at best I find pokemon like Electrode or Arbok.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondClass View Post
    You are very lucky for finding a Rotom, at best I find pokemon like Electrode or Arbok.
    .....there's no Electrode or Arbok in DW at the moment, not even Ekans or Voltorb are available. So I'm not sure what you are talking about.....

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

I've just finished my Japanese Dream World session; I managed to get in without encountering any lag, which was great. I visited the Island of Dreams and I visited the Rugged Mountain, Sparkling Sea and Spooky Manor areas. I befriended 12 Pokemon and I kept a female Larvitar. I headed back to my Dream House after that and I bought some items from the furniture catalog. I also harvested my berries and then I went to visit other peoples' gardens to water their berries. I signed off after finishing those tasks.

i've a few questions; athena, do you still play? and to all of you, are you finding the DW takes a little time to load everything afresh nearly every day, rather then loading instantly, ever since the 3 days long maintenance last week? i've noticed that, mainly because my internet connection isn't especially fast; it's not a big deal, but is a little annoying; i was already getting the your-hour-is-up message and had to rush to swap some nice items from someone's shelf.

when i log on tomorrow, i will have all the berries i need to purchase every single house and item from the catalogue, which will be nice; i can go back to harvesting EV berries again, yay.

today i only managed to find 15 or 16 dry berries, leaving with a little water left to give but no one to give it to. i visited the mighty fen, but he didn't have any dry patches; i played a bunch of games and picked up a hyper voice chimecho. it was male, but the chi doesn't get a hidden ability, so i just wanted one with the otherwise-unobtainable HV move, regardless of gender. it was the only poke i found that i didn't already have and needed/wanted. peace and love to all

I didn't experience any change with the DW, it loads almost instantly as usual, in fact it actually loads faster for me, as usually Sky Race takes longer to load.

I also found a nothing interesting today, so I took a Signal Beam Trapinch, the only thing remotely interesting I found. I already have a DW Trapinch, but it does not have any special move....besides, I want to keep 1 unevolved (Trapinch being the only one in its line to have a DW ability) and the other evolved (Flygon in a Dream Ball? Yes please)
    I also met a Hyper Voice Chimecho, by the way
    But I already have a Hyper Voice Chimecho, so I took the Trapinch instead.
    No female at all today, all 13 Pokemon I befriended are male -_-

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Quote Originally Posted by willsgb View Post
    i visited the mighty fen, but she didn't have any dry patches;
    ^__^ lol I don't think I'm very mighty, willsgb, but hopefully a garden full of Charti berries will be needing some watering. I took another pass orb from your shelf and left you a black belt *fingers crossed* hopefully it will still be there...

I didn't spend much time in the DW today, just watered a couple of patches in my Black and did some watering in my White but I also went to the island looking for a few things. I did find a quick ball that is now on my share shelf, and a few pass orbs and the aforementioned black belt. I befriended a female Superpower Absol that I was going to take before running into a male Slugma with the Eggmove Inferno so I took him, I still need a female slugma from the DW.

Hard to find time during the week to play so I might not troll the DW until Friday....
        Spoiler:- Dream world name:
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

Page 629 of 694 FirstFirst ... 529579619625626627628629630631632633639679 ... LastLast