Page 669 of 694 FirstFirst ... 569619659665666667668669670671672673679 ... LastLast
Results 16,701 to 16,725 of 17329

Thread: Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread - Read the FAQ in the first post!

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    I've got a question about Dream World Abilities and passing them down (figure I'd post here before making an entirely new thread, hope it's okay).

I've got an Exeggcute and I've managed to breed a couple of level 1 females with the Harvest ability which is great, but am I able to breed other Pokemon with the ability as well? If I breed a male with the Harvest ability am I able to breed it with another female Pokemon in that egg group to possibly give a new Pokemon that ability, or is it only limited to a handful of Pokemon?
    Nope, abilities are set for the Pokemon, you can't give them new abilities via breeding.

Besides, only female can pass ability, and in breeding, all offspring will be the same as the female one, so it's already impossible by default.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Nope, abilities are set for the Pokemon, you can't give them new abilities via breeding.

Besides, only female can pass ability, and in breeding, all offspring will be the same as the female one, so it's already impossible by default.
    Ah okay, thank you!

I am finally happy that the Pokemon DW finally worked for me for once and gave me a DWF Gible.
    Pokemon White FC: 2537-9783-8656 - Axel
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 1163-9089-5196 - Axel

Just finishied my Dream World sessions for the day.

Black: Had a quite good session, surprisingly enough. I tucked in a Glalie and got to see the Icy Cave 6 times. Befriended 5 Pokemon, one of them was female. It was an Aron, and I kept it.

White: Sent in a Vanillite, had a somewhat worse session here. I had gotten two friend requests which I accepted and all the items on my Share Shelf had been swapped, so I had to place new items there. Got to the Icy Cave five times, befriended 5 Pokemon, but all of them were Male so I didn't keep any of them.

I hate the pokemon dream world more than words can say. It's really making me hate nintendo. Why are they making me go through all this hair-pulling ********. All I wanted was a Gliscor with poison heal, so I tuck in some mofo and hit the island of dream. First point of rage: it picks my destination randomly, and then says "you decided" I didn't pick the ****ing forest 5 times in a row. Then I finally roll the windswept sky, where I need to be, but nothing appears because I was forced to waste all my moves just trying to get to the right god-damn place. So I try again the next day. Same ****. And the next day. SAME ****. How the **** can anyone put up with this? Why is nintendo doing this to me? WHY GOD-DAMMIT?! WHYYY?!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordPhobos View Post
    I hate the pokemon dream world more than words can say. It's really making me hate nintendo. Why are they making me go through all this hair-pulling ********. All I wanted was a Gliscor with poison heal, so I tuck in some mofo and hit the island of dream. First point of rage: it picks my destination randomly, and then says "you decided" I didn't pick the ****ing forest 5 times in a row. Then I finally roll the windswept sky, where I need to be, but nothing appears because I was forced to waste all my moves just trying to get to the right god-damn place. So I try again the next day. Same ****. And the next day. SAME ****. How the **** can anyone put up with this? Why is nintendo doing this to me? WHY GODDAMMIT?! WHYYY?!!
    ....You know, you can use the trade threads, right? It's much easier.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I tried that. Everyone wants something completely unreasonable in return.

I hate the pokemon dream world more than words can say. It's really making me hate nintendo. Why are they making me go through all this hair-pulling ********. All I wanted was a Gliscor with poison heal, so I tuck in some mofo and hit the island of dream. First point of rage: it picks my destination randomly, and then says "you decided" I didn't pick the ****ing forest 5 times in a row. Then I finally roll the windswept sky, where I need to be, but nothing appears because I was forced to waste all my moves just trying to get to the right god-damn place. So I try again the next day. Same ****. And the next day. SAME ****. How the **** can anyone put up with this? Why is nintendo doing this to me? WHY GOD-DAMMIT?! WHYYY?!!
    You need to tuck in a Flying-type if you want to go to the Windswept Sky. Tornadus is best. I'm assuming that "some mofo" was either Grass, Poison, Electric, or Bug since you were sent to the Forest 5 times.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Regigigas, actually. I didn't realize the type of poke determined where you went. Everyplace told me it was completely random. Does anyone actually enjoy this dream world crap? I figure people just put it with it because they are forced to.

Regigigas, actually. I didn't realize the type of poke determined where you went. Everyplace told me it was completely random. Does anyone actually enjoy this dream world crap? I figure people just put it with it because they are forced to.
    I like the Dream World, and I've never had a problem getting the Pokemon I want from it. You just keep trying for a few days at a time and you'll eventually find what you're looking for. And yes, the typing of the Pokemon does determine where you go:

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I'm going to post this again for kick and giggles.

The updated Dream World has a gimmick in which the typing of the Pokemon you tuck in strongly influences which area you are sent to on the Island of Dreams.

Here is a list of what type brings you where, courtesy of Psychic Politoed, myself, Smogon, and Serebii members who helped experiment:

Pleasant Forest: Grass, Electric, Poison, Bug
    Rugged Mountain: Fire, Rock, Ground, Fighting, Steel
    Spooky Manor: Psychic, Ghost, Dark
    Sparkling Sea: Water
    Icy Cave: Ice, Steel, Ground
    Windswept Sky: Flying
    No preference: Dragon, Normal

Dual types will take you equally to each area that they prefer.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Thank you sir.

Today's Dream World session was all right. After tucking in a Pokemon, I visited several areas and I befriended 14 Pokemon. I had a tough time choosing which Pokemon I wanted to keep, though. In the end I chose to keep a Gible, and then I eventually returned to my house. I visited my garden right away, and I harvested my berries. I then planted some Mago, Wiki, Bluk, Passho and Colbur Berries. I watered other people's berries after that, and then I signed off after purchasing a new plush doll.

What happens if you you said your birthday was April on your Trainer Account but it isn't and you didn't use the global link in April. Did I miss my chance?

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    What happens if you you said your birthday was April on your Trainer Account but it isn't and you didn't use the global link in April. Did I miss my chance?
    Try checking your Pokemon Trainer Club account to see if there's any new mail.

anyway, I present to you, what could very well be my highest score ever in the Ice Cream Scoop game, I don't think I'll ever get more than this lol.

also, after finding the Smooth Rock yesterday, today I found two other weather rocks, the Damp Rock and the Icy Rock. Now I only need the Heat Rock

Spoiler:- pics:

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

ok... jesus... i haven't posted here in ages... sorry for that guys... honestly, i've had a turbulent time in my personal life recently, and on top of things, my computer started telling me that the hard disk is basically going to fail soon, so i've backed everything up on this POS that now takes half an hour to start up, and i'm going to take it to the shop for repairs, i've got this mental huge guarantee which covers it, but i'll be gone again until it's repaired and returned to me.

i'll try to squeeze a PGL session in tomorrow before i take the comp to the shop, but i haven't been using the thing frequently because of the troubles recently. suffice to say, i miss it and will get back into it regularly very soon, and will start posting here regularly too... so take it easy everyone, hope you're all well! x
    Diamond team - White team - current White trainees -

Legendaries who have deigned to travel the (in-game) worlds with me -

Went to the Dream World today as well...

Black: Sent a Glaceon to sleep, got to the Forest and the Icy cave twice each, the Mountain and the Sky once. Another successful attempt at trolling by the Dream World, it seems. I befriended 5 Pokemon, but all of them were Male as usual, and I didn't bring any of them with me.

White: Tucked in a Beartic, got to the Icy Cave 6 times and the Sky once. Befriended 6 Pokemon, but all of them were Male here as well, so I kept none of them.

I went back on the English Dream World today after downloading some of the newest C-Gear skins (I love the Crustle one). I was a bit upset that I had to go through Fennel's tutorial again, but I eventually gained access to the Island of Dreams and I visited the Sparkling Sea and Windswept Sky areas. I decided to keep a male Drifloon, and then I harvested my berries and planted Watmel, Durin, Belue, Leppa and Persim Berries in the unoccupied soil. I decorated my house with some new furniture, and then I signed off.

Does anyone know if the Entree Forest has a limit to the amount of pokemon it can hold? I have trained most the best and now I'm keeping several of them in the forest.
    ℓσνє ωιℓℓ тєαя υѕ αραят.

Quote Originally Posted by lostboy View Post
    Does anyone know if the Entree Forest has a limit to the amount of pokemon it can hold? I have trained most the best and now I'm keeping several of them in the forest.
    each section holds 20 pokemon, & there are 6 sections, 7 if the deep hollow is counted (but i don't know if your pokemon will go into that area)
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

After about a whole year of Dream World, does bite-size in the ice cream even matter?

I don't think it really matters, since no matter how many bite-size scoop we make, the result of height x flavor seems to be always multiplied by 2.

The only really important points are the height and the flavor. The height must be as high as possible, as for the flavor, to ensure the best point you want to use all flavors equally, in other words all flavors must have the same amount of scoop placed.

EDIT : nevermind, the above is incorrect, I just tested, the bite-size scoop does matter, make too many oversized/way too small scoops, and instead of multiplied by 2, it is multiplied by only 1.4 for example. It reduce the total score.

And while we're on the subject of the Ice Cream Scoop game......

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

i could really learn to hate you Shine...i'm still trying to pass 35K in that stupid game...

I went back on the Japanese Dream World this morning. After waiting eight minutes for my Pokemon to fall asleep, I arrived at my house and I harvested my berries and planted some more. I also placed some more items on my own Share Shelf, and then I headed to the Island of Dreams. I was sent to the Spooky Manor and Windswept Sky areas today, and I befriended 9 Pokemon. I kept the only female (a Houndour), and I went to water other people's berries. I only found around five, so I just signed off after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I don't think it really matters, since no matter how many bite-size scoop we make, the result of height x flavor seems to be always multiplied by 2.

The only really important points are the height and the flavor. The height must be as high as possible, as for the flavor, to ensure the best point you want to use all flavors equally, in other words all flavors must have the same amount of scoop placed.

And while we're on the subject of the Ice Cream Scoop game......

What berry did you use to get flavors like that?

Did the Global link stop with the maintenance every Tuesday? Because I've been able to go on for the past 3 Tuesdays.
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    What berry did you use to get flavors like that?

Did the Global link stop with the maintenance every Tuesday? Because I've been able to go on for the past 3 Tuesdays.
    looks like he used a lum berry, it's the best for that game. i'm thinking the maintenance is over at 9am...that's what time it usually stops, unless there's a big update planned...

Page 669 of 694 FirstFirst ... 569619659665666667668669670671672673679 ... LastLast