Thread: My Pokemon White Team

Default My Pokemon White Team

Last team I posted was for Pokemon Black. All suggestions welcome! Please suggest some held iteams as well if you can.

EV-252 Speed 252 attack 4 def
    Ability: Overgrow
    -Coil
    -Leaf Blade
    -Toxic
    -Dragon Tail

Need help on this one. Can't seem to find the right setup that I like.

EV-252 attck 252 sp attk 4 spd
    Ability: Victory Star
    -Cheer Up
    -Blaze Judgement
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Brick Break/Assist Power

Hoping they have some kind of event early on that allows us to get Victini. Again I'm not sure on the exact setup I want but I don't think the one I have is half bad.

Item:
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide

Item: Leftovers
    Ability: No Guard
    -Iron Defense/ Stone Edge
    -Shadow Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Dynamic Punch

Ability: Illusion
    -Nasty Plot/ Calm Mind
    -Night Burst
    -Extrasensory/ Grass Knot
    -Flamethrower

Last 2 moves covers its weaknesses.

Ability: Compound Eyes
    -Thunder
    -Bug Buzz
    -Charge Beam/ Volt Change
    -Energy Ball

Not too sure that's the exact setup I want, but overall I like compound eyes with thunder.

---Again, all suggestions are welcome and I would appreciate some help. Thanks.
    Last edited by Dloza737; 15th October 2010 at 1:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dloza737 View Post

Ability: Iron Fist
    -Iron Defense
    -Shadow Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Hammer Arm/ Focus punch

Eh, I'm sure it's possible to make a better moveset.

I got two movesets for this awesome guy.

Goruugu-Brave-No Guard
    Item-Leftovers
    -Dynamic punch
    -Heavy bomber/Earthquake
    -Iron defense
    -Shadow punch

The No guard ability makes Dynamic punch ALWAYs hit and ALWAYS cause confusion,as long as the defending pokemon isn't KOed. Shadow punch for ghost STAB. Probably earthquake over heavy bpmber because of more coverage and reliability. Than Iron defense to improve its survivability.

Goruugu-Brave-No Guard/Iron Fist
    Item-Chice band/Life Orb
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Mega punch/Return
    -Hammer arm

Total domination. It has QuakeEdge which has great coverage. Mega punch if your using Iron fist if not go Return. Than Hammer arm. I dont know If its one of the moves that gets boosted from Iron fist or not.....
    ~Dragonflypokemon,Or DFP for short~
    I play TCG and the games, as well as the online versions of both. Hit me up for a battle sometime
    I'm not a very good battler, I'm mainly here to have fun
    ~Yanmegas claimed by me.~

Ability: Mold Breaker
    -Swords Dance
    -Dragon Claw
    -Rock Slide
    -Brick Break

I can go with a lot of different moves with this guy.
    Instead of Swords Dance and Rock Slide I'd go with Dragon Dance and Earthquake.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Instead of Swords Dance and Rock Slide I'd go with Dragon Dance and Earthquake.
    Also, we could replace Brick break with rock slide again so it could have Quake Edge coverage, only I little bit weaker
    I play TCG and the games, as well as the online versions of both. Hit me up for a battle sometime

Thanks dragonfly and jolteon for the feedback. I took some of the advice and edited it into the original post.

About replacing brick break with rock slide, I decided to stick with brick break just in case I get stuck facing an ice pokemon. I might decide otherwise later.

Thanks dragonfly and jolteon for the feedback. I took some of the advice and edited it into the original post.

About replacing brick break with rock slide, I decided to stick with brick break just in case I get stuck facing an ice pokemon. I might decide otherwise later.
    Good idea, also, it has reversal and counter for physical fighting moves. You could have a focus sash and use one of them. A nice kick in the head for the Unexpecting ice type that isn't Frosslass.

Reversal with focus sash sounds like a good idea.

Rock Slide would also be super effective against Ice, doesn't matter both good moves either way.
    My Anime List

Last team I posted was for Pokemon Black. All suggestions welcome! Please suggest some held iteams as well if you can.

Ability: Compound Eyes

-Thunder
    -Bug Buzz
    -Charge Beam
    -Energy Ball

Not too sure that's the exact setup I want, but overall I like compound eyes with thunder.

how about this?

Ability-Compound eyes
    Item-Choice Specs
    Evs-252 sp attk 252 spd 4 def
    -Thunder
    -Bug Buzz
    -Energy ball
    -Volt change

Thunder+compound eyes just like you want. Bug Buzz for a STAB. Energy ball for coverage for rock and ground types that want to take this Bug out. And then finally, Volt change to switch out without wasting a turn. \

BTW I like that focus sash idea too. Im surprised I came up with it.

Rock Slide would also be super effective against Ice, doesn't matter both good moves either way.
    Oh that's right! I totally forgot. Well I'll have to consider that then.

Oh that's right! I totally forgot. Well I'll have to consider that then.
    Just to persuade you ;] Rock slide in combination with Earthquake has one of the best coverage in the game. Only a few pokemon can ressit it and serve a problem to you,like Skarmory.

Ability: Overgrow
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Toxic
    -Dragon Tail
    I'd go with Coil instead of Sords Dance, rases Attack/Defense/Accuracy opposed to just Attack.
    My Anime List

I'd go with Coil instead of Swords Dance, raises Attack/Defense/Accuracy opposed to just Attack.
    Adding on to this, a moveset could be like

Jalorda-Jolly
    EV-252 Speed 252 attack 4 def
    Item-Leftovers

-Coil
    -Toxic
    -Dragon tail
    -Leaf Blade

Coil raises the attck def and accuracy of a pokemon. You can also Toxicfy the opponet than use Dragon tail to switch it out,you could repeat this to poisen the whole team. Leaf blade for standard STAB. you want speed on this set so you can hit the Opponet first before it can do much damage to you.

Alright I've been convinced on using rock slide.

And the Jalorda moveset is looking promising.

Alright I've been convinced on using rock slide.

And the Jalorda moveset is looking promising.
    Awww thank you. I especially like the idea of poisening the whole team.

And on to Victini!

Victini-Mild
    Item-Lifeorb maybe.
    -Cheer up
    -Fire blast
    -Assist power
    -Zen headbutt

Cheer up boosts both its sp attk and its attk.
    Fire blast is VERY strong with added accuracy due to Victini's ability
    Assist power is a strange move. It power increases more if your stats are boosted, like Cheer up does. Its pretty strong I imagine. Than finally Zen headbut. I like it cause of the Flinch chance but you could change it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflypokemon View Post
    Awww thank you. I especially like the idea of poisening the whole team.

And on to Victini!

Victini-Mild
    Item-Lifeorb maybe.
    -Cheer up
    -Fire blast
    -Assist power
    -Zen headbutt

Cheer up boosts both its sp attk and its attk.
    Fire blast is VERY strong with added accuracy due to Victini's ability
    Assist power is a strange move. It power increases more if your stats are boosted, like Cheer up does. Its pretty strong I imagine. Than finally Zen headbut. I like it cause of the Flinch chance but you could change it I guess.
    I like the idea of fire blast, but I'm gonna use blaze judgement till my 'OMGNEWMOVE' status is cleared haha and then I'll probably slap on fire blast. Assist power is a good idea. I'll consider it along with brick break.

-Nasty Plot
    -Night Burst
    -Extrasensory
    -Flamethrower

I see almost nothing wrong with this. But,I don't know how well flamethrower is going to be. Bug-types aren't that commen. But other than that, its fine. Maybe I will even use :].

P.S Replcing Nastyplot will calm mind to improve sp defensive capalbilities? Food for thought her.

I see almost nothing wrong with this. But,I don't know how well flamethrower is going to be. Bug-types aren't that commen. But other than that, its fine. Maybe I will even use :].

P.S Replcing Nastyplot will calm mind to improve sp defensive capalbilities? Food for thought her.
    Ha thanks. Ya I didn't really know what to put other than flamethrower, so I left it and figured it covers that weakness. Ya calm mind might better suit it than nasty plot would.

Ha thanks. Ya I didn't really know what to put other than flamethrower, so I left it and figured it covers that weakness. Ya calm mind might better suit it than nasty plot would.
    =]. Posty another team up,Im bored and I need to rate somethin. Plus, You actually care about your team and take advice well. =] Also I befriended you....

=]. Posty another team up,Im bored and I need to rate somethin. Plus, You actually care about your team and take advice well. =] Also I befriended you....
    Haha thanks. uh rate TheBearJew_90's team. He's a buddy of mine.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dloza737

-Nasty Plot
    -Night Burst
    -Extrasensory
    -Flamethrower

I disaggree, Flamethrower is almost essential for steel types you encounter.
    Extrasensory does take out fighters but gets bad coverage in generall. Grass Knot helps you combat bulky water rock and ground pokemon.
    Zoroark doesn' have good defences. Base 60 in all three. So boosting your spdef won't be worth it when you'll be KOed regardless.

I would but Stone edge over iron defense on goruugo. That's just my personal preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    I disaggree, Flamethrower is almost essential for steel types you encounter.
    Extrasensory does take out fighters but gets bad coverage in generall. Grass Knot helps you combat bulky water rock and ground pokemon.
    Zoroark doesn' have good defences. Base 60 in all three. So boosting your spdef won't be worth it when you'll be KOed regardless.

I would but Stone edge over iron defense on goruugo. That's just my personal preference.
    You're right, grass knot probably is a better choice for coverage simply because I'll more than likely switch out Zoroark when up against a fighting type than keep him in.

Stone Edge probably would benefit over iron defense and then this guy will have everything covered pretty much. I still want to consider using it though. Thanks for you input.