Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Triple Leaders, Team Threats! (664)

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    What do I say about this episode...?

Somebody needs to save that picture. It's way too precious to be forgotten.

In his head, that bulge is five times bigger. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

I don't normally have much of a difference in opinion when it comes to the voices of the Japanese and English Dub but in Cilan's case I really like his Japanese voice better. I have nothing against his English voice though, I just found his Japanese voice more interesting and that.

Cress and Chili sounded alright too.

The Pan monkeys also sounded fine.

The cheerleaders sounded annoying though...then again they sounded annoying in the Japanese one too, at less for me they did.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I absolutely love Oshawott's facial expression when Pansage is about to use Solarbeam. I like the VA's they got for Cilan and his brothers they feel very natural. I'd say my only problem is the fact that Cilan, Cress, & Chili are boys I think they'd work better as girls & give Ash two female companions to travel with which would definitely help go towards the newer direction they're taking with some of the elements of the series.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Cilan sounds...okay.

But how does Pikachu get his *ss handed to him by a Panpour?

He just tied with a Latios!
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Well, apparently Ash has been 10 for who knows how many years and Pikachu's pretty much worthless in the beginning. Someone should ask the writer, What's wrong with improving?
    oh hai thur.

I really liked this episode from start to finish even when Cilan annouced his profession it made a lot of sense.

Now to the gym battle, typical Ash to break the rules of a gym to be able to face all three monkeys but I think he was secretly edging his bets just so you had a chance to still get the badge if he lost one :P. I really enjoyed Tepig v Panseer because it involved a lot of action and good strategy, but I think I find same type battles the best.

No matter how frustrating it is to see Pikachu lose again you cannot take away the fact that it was a great battle on panpour's part especially when it aimed water gun at Pikachu's feet. Finally, we have Pansage v Oshawott which shows Oshawott's concerned character towards battles. We end with Pansage clearly having the upper hand and then the cliffhanger is shockingly presented to us.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post
    Cilan sounds...okay.

But how does Pikachu get his *ss handed to him by a Panpour?

He just tied with a Latios!
    Just because it beat Latios doesn't mean it's going to always beat everything that isn't a Legendary.

Cress knew what he was doing, Panpour was very strong. Electric moves were basically useless thanks to Mud Sport.

Also, plot has a small part in it all.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    - Oshawott=Cuteness! If it were in a Pokemon game, it'd have a Sassy nature.
    LOL My Oshawott is Sassy. But now it's a Dewott.
    I watched it again and the voices are really good. I may forgive them for the starters.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

I watched it...the gym leaders snapped too much. I'm also wondering if Iris likes him yet or is just there to drag him down...
    It's much better than the sinnoh region.
    But I don't like Cilan's voice actor.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by FunPika View Post
    My best idea is that this was Zekrom's train of thought in the beginning:

"This Pikachu is overpowered! It can tie with a freaking Latios! I must weaken it!" *zaps Pikachu* *Pikachu can no longer use electric type moves* "Oh ****...I overdid it a bit, lets try that again" *zaps Pikachu again to let it use its electric type moves again but otherwise leaves it at about level 5*
    LOLZ! That would be really funny if it were true. But considering how underpowered Pikachu is now, maybe it really happened.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

This episode was quite enjoyable, and I loved Cilan's voice actor. It was very fast paced, which I liked, but it felt as if the episode was about ten minutes long! The Gym Battle was fine, but because of the three Leaders, it shortened the battles drastically.

7.5/10

Watched this episode, it was surprising that Pikachu lost to Panpour. But the battle continues to this coming Saturday, even though I looked ahead at the pictures.

The three Gym Leaders were amazing, too.

I'm bracing myself for a pity badge.

I hope Ash somehow wins against Cilan; if he doesn't, I'm going to scream if Cilan gives Ash a badge for his "oh-so-amazing fighting spirit".
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

I quite like Clian I was expecting him to be annoying but no hes cool. Pikachyu lost again isnt it like really high level by now/ That annoys me and although Tepig might have got a bit of training I wouldnt expect Osawott to win as its only just been given by the professor. But thats pokemon for you just go along for the ride
    The cheerleaders DID annoy me but they fangirly what do you expect. Loved that Iris was all eh cant be bothered LOL.
    Cant wait to see if ash can win his badge

Quote Originally Posted by FunPika View Post
    My best idea is that this was Zekrom's train of thought in the beginning:

"This Pikachu is overpowered! It can tie with a freaking Latios! I must weaken it!" *zaps Pikachu* *Pikachu can no longer use electric type moves* "Oh ****...I overdid it a bit, lets try that again" *zaps Pikachu again to let it use its electric type moves again but otherwise leaves it at about level 5*
    Zekrom is officially a jack***.

----

Normally, I'm not suppose to watch the anime anymore because I hate it. But quiting is so hard to do and will take time. Plus I want to see Cilan's awesomeness in english.

First off, let me just say that I hate Iris with a burning passion. She is such a know it all despite the fact she is a terrible trainer. Everytime she tells Ash he is a kid I feel the urge to strangle her. She knows Ash isnt from Unova, so is should be expected that he has no idea where the gym is. The fact that she herself knows nothing about the gym (its a restaurant, has three leaders) just shows how much of an ego she has. I have no idea what the writers were thinking when they made her Ash's traveling companion. Game Iris is much more tolerable.

That said, I don't like the episode. While Chilli and Cress try to take Ash's money and serve him a meal which Ash responds by yelling that he wants to battle the gym leader was funny, the battles, Team Serious, and Iris' existence are not. Ash's two new Pokemon he barely trained win with type disadvantages, but Pikachu loses to a water type! It makes no sense! Pikachu doesn't even land a hit! I know that the writers wanted to show off the marketable starters, but does it really require more humiliation on Pikachu's part? Pikachu already had a depressing loss a few episodes ago, so there is no reason to make Pikachu even more of a loser. The kids who watched the Sinnoh League still remembered that Pikachu tied with Latios; we aren't goldfish! If we had to have Ash lose once, why not use Pidove? I don't see the point in Ash catching it if he never uses it for anything.

Frankly, I'm disapointed. Ash's wins and losses were based on luck and plot power only. Tepig and Oshawott are outmatched by Pansear and Pansage, yet win anyway. Tepig beat Pansear by biting it's tail and tackling it into a wall after the little piggy got hit by multiple dig attacks. Oshawott acts like a real loser in battle but is able to deflect a large beam with a tiny shell. And when it loses its shell in the next episode, Ash randomly becomes a genius and knows that using water gun on a wall will bounce off the rocks in such a way that Oshawott gets its shell back. Gees, writers, what is with you! Is Ash a noob or an experienced trainer? Make up your minds!

I'm not even going to bother with Team Serious, as they are boring as H*** now and only waste air time that could of went to better battles.

The voices were all fine (besides Iris) and the music was good too. Cilan keeps his awesomeness in the dub, even though they are misprounouncing his name. Its Cill- lon, not Sign-lan! TPCi should know how to prounounce the names they come up with.

Overall, I'd give it a 4/10: watchable, but lame.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Some of you are aware Hiyappu hit Pikachu with a ground type move, right? Edit: Or maybe not, seriously, it can only use two, so WTF was that move then.

I mean seriously hating the episode or not finishing it because Pikachu lost to a better trainer who HAS TO have Strategies against type advantages, is really the most stupid thing a fan of the anime can do.

I mean seriously, Corn was just better. it's not like Pikachu actually hit Hiyappu with any attacks anyway (except maybe quick attack).

Pikachu can go all the way against a freaking Latios just before Unova but gets smacked at the start of this region against a bunch of weak pokémon. Makes a lot of sense.

Pikachu would have beaten Panpour but I think Cress just gave him no time to counter attack.... but still the gym battle was good

I reall enjoyed this episode. I really like Cilian's character.I like the concept of 3 different gym leaders and the idea of it being in a restraunt. Cool to see the 3 Elemental monkeys for the first time.I love the last picture at the end Oshawott's face is priceless 8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by jammiedodger View Post
    but I honestly didn't like that an under-levelled and much weaker Tepig won against moves that were supereffective against it while an over-levelled Pikachu couldn't even win against a weaker Pokémon that had a type disadvantage.
    How do you know for sure that Panpour is weaker? It only had a type disadvantage. Just because someone has a Pokemon doesn't automatically make it weaker than Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    How do you know for sure that Panpour is weaker? It only had a type disadvantage. Just because someone has a Pokemon doesn't automatically make it weaker than Pikachu.
    Yeah, plus Corn is older than Ash...who knows what kind of Pokemon Panpour could have battled throughout the years o.o
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Chilli is my favorite gym leader of the 3, but Grass monkey is my favorite Pokemon of the 3 ^^ glad to see them all in one episode
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

OMG Dento's dub voice matches him so perfectly!!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

Cress is certainly stronger than the other two... He gave Pikachu absolutely no time to retaliate

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfan View Post
    Yeah, Pikachu LOST! Not only is it an electric type, but it just tied with a Latios at the end of a previous saga. It should not lose to a water type.
    hah! agreed. thats a little bit pathetic for ash's pumped up pikachu...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast