It's been a long time since there's been a great episode, and may I just say the beginning of BW really delivered as it always did. Mamoru Miyano was incredible as Dent, Rica Matsumoto as Satoshi, etc.
For the dub, I expected the worst. That's right: Bill Rogers as Cilan (who, FYI, I was expecting to use his DP Brock voice for). Luckily enough TPCi pulled a 360 and actually cared not to cast him here. Instead, we have Jason Griffith, a a VA from 4Kids. I am not a fan of his (not a hater either). He's OK at the role, though definitely not the best for it IMHO. Sarah Natochenny's Ash regresses at times to her late DP voice, which isn't a good thing for her. It's poor in this episode. One of the cheerleaders sounds like Dawn, and it's painful on the ears "me neither!" Iris dub voice, meanwhile, is better than usual here for Stevens. Good episode for her.
Dub: 65/100 (Standout: Eli James' Chili)
Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
"It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer