Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Triple Leaders, Team Threats! (664)

Serebii, did the water monkey actually pull EARTHQUAKE off, do you know for sure that's what it used? If so not only is Pikachu's loss exceptable, but maybe the Earthquake ban in the anime finally got lifted.

God these threads are going down hill. The first page is just a bunch of people scurrying for their Pokémon fix.

Not liking that Pikachu lost, but whatever. It's only episode 5. Kind of nice that Pokabu won its first battle. I hope Mijumaru does better in the next episode.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I don't know what the water monkey used but it apparently was not Earthquake according to Dogasu over at bulbagarden, other than Dig the water monkey can only learn mud sport so unless it haxed and used something else, I guess that's what it used.

Not a bad tactic either when you think about it.

OMG OMG, Dento Kron and Pop and were so awesome! I didnt like that Pika lost, seems pointless. He survived a zekrom attack but can't handle the first gym? its up to a cheery start.

No. NO. NO.
    Pikachu can't lose to a Water-type without getting a single hit in. This is ****ing ridiculous.
    What a complete bullsh.it move from the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I don't know what the water monkey used but it apparently was not Earthquake according to Dogasu over at bulbagarden, other than Dig the water monkey can only learn mud sport so unless it haxed and used something else, I guess that's what it used.

Not a bad tactic either when you think about it.
    I think it might have been brine. Anyways to everyone yes Pikachu lost deal with it. Were this many people complaining when Pikachu lost to Rampardos in DP? I mean Pikachu one hit KO'd Regice but lost to Rampardos. Besides Koon used a great strategy against it I mean using double team like that then knocking off Pikachu's balance was great. Really good episode.

Lol, I knew that would spark controversy. We've seen Pikachu battle (and win) hundreds of times, so even if its loss was unrealistic (I haven't seen the ep, I've only seen the piks so I can't effectively judge the battles at this stage) Its hardly a point too complain about. Personally I much preferred seeing Pokabu get the win then Pikachu again.

Generally from what I've seen this ep looks great.

However, with this battle carrying over, I have to admit I'm apprehensive about the next ep. If the Makomo & Munna/ TR storyline interrupts the gym battle I will loose it.

Well, this was certainly a different episode...

And of course another BW thread that has arrogance written all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanturn88 View Post
    wow pikachu lost ... AGAIN..

how.. what.. why.. Common -_-

I turned off my stream after I saw pikachu lost.. :|
    You're the kind of people that make this fanbase look so damned broken. Go on Youtube, search episode 5 and finish the damn episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    Well while Pikachu did lose again you have to admit that Hiyappu was pretty damn good. I never saw double team used like that in motion. Also Corn used a pretty good strategy by attack Pikachu's feet which is good because Pikachu's a very speedy Pokemon and attacking him there was a good idea.
    Precisely. Afterall, isn't it a gym leader's duty to test a trainer's skills? If he simply "let" Pikachu win, that would seem kind of cheap and easy.

Oh, and btw people, it's not Pikachu's fault, it's Ash's. Ash didn't think of a proper strategy to handle Hiyappu, so it lost because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I mean seriously hating the episode or not finishing it because Pikachu lost to a better trainer who HAS TO have Strategies against type advantages, is really the most stupid thing a fan of the anime can do.
    Completely agreed. There's very little to say for that except, WTF?

I mean seriously, Corn was just better. it's not like Pikachu actually hit Hiyappu with any attacks anyway (except maybe quick attack).
    He was, that same expression on Hiyappu kind of bugged me, but that's about it. Although, these gym leaders are supposed to much harder than previous gen leaders. That's the truth of things.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Not really. It just seems like they're all trying to show off for their fangirl customers.
    So, does this mean Dento is going to be the opposite of Brock; with girls fawning over him instead of the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by thebluemarc View Post
    The TR subplot is now beng taken more seriously than I expected, wow.
    Sure seems like it, not a bad thing mind you.

So the otter has confidence issues when it comes to official battles?
    Reminds me of those very smug and confident people, who deep down, aren't very confident at all, and are actually quite cowardly. Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    God these threads are going down hill. The first page is just a bunch of people scurrying for their Pokémon fix.
    And berating on Pikachu.

Not liking that Pikachu lost, but whatever. It's only episode 5. Kind of nice that Pokabu won its first battle. I hope Mijumaru does better in the next episode.
    Stupid people thinking it continues directly off of DP. This isn't Johto DAMMIT!

Same, not sure how it'll manage to escape SolarBeam (of all things, dammit, these monkeys are freaking cheap) though.

Overall, I didn't mind this. Everything sure went a bit more fast paced, that's for sure.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

^Yeah, Hiyappu's battle could have been longer and it doesn't look like Dent's will be much better. Oh well, it's only the first gym afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    OMG OMG, Dento Kron and Pop and were so awesome! I didnt like that Pika lost, seems pointless. He survived a zekrom attack but can't handle the first gym? its up to a cheery start.
    Zekrom absorbed its electricity, it didn't attack it.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post

And of course another BW thread that has arrogance written all over the
    Oh, and btw people, it's not Pikachu's fault, it's Ash's. Ash didn't think of a proper strategy to handle Hiyappu, so it lost because of that.

Same, not sure how it'll manage to escape SolarBeam (of all things, dammit, these monkeys are freaking cheap) though.

C_L
    I think that Mijumaru will use it shell to deflect the attack just like it deflected Pikachu's Thunderbolt.

I'm glad that pokabu won, it obivious the writers want to change it storyline from being considered weak to actually being strong with the proper guidience of a good trainer.

i really don't mind Pikachu's lose. Really no won is happy, if Pikachu would have won some people will cry that it was cheap, it had an advantage, blah blah blah. I think that Hiyappu used mud sport. It made the ground damp and Pikachu slide on it as well.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

I'm not even gonna get into the Pikachu stuff because it didn't win on the first try at Roark's Gym and it won't get the chance for revenge at Sanyou Gym since it looks like Mijumaru is gonna win next week.

Anyway...Anyone who thinks Ash is a stupid "newb" or whatever needs to watch this episode. He's knows what he's doing, he knows how to battle and use strategy. That Pokabu battle was pretty cool, I can't wait to see what kind of moves it learns.

What ever it is they have planned for Iris, they're at least dropping some hints for it. She had this look about her, like she was studying how Ash battles and his Pokemon choices.

Mijumaru stole the show at the end though, that epic OH JESUS! face at the end was priceless.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    I think that Mijumaru will use it shell to deflect the attack just like it deflected Pikachu's Thunderbolt.
    +1.

Ash will probably have one if his last-minute "Aha!" moments, order Mijumaru to block the beam with its shell, and it'll get sent right back in Yanappu's face. Yanappu will faint, Dent will be like, "WTF?", and then the intro will start.

No, I'm not giving anyone credit for my team pose because I made it myself.

I thought this was probably the most solid first gym battle I’ve seen. Very well paced, good battles, great performances from everyone. I just think Mijumaru as horrible as he is battling, he stole the episode.

Mijumaru is probably the best personality I’ve seen on the show in AGES.

Pikachu losing at the beginning of the saga is expected and rather traditional so the whining seems useless.

Lol @ Iris saying Ash should have used Mamepato against Dent. I dont think Ash even remembers he has a Mamepato.

Pokabu was surprisingly valiant in this battle. I really see him becoming another Infernape powerhouse for Ash to use in the league.

Did you even see the ****ing 1st episode to say Zekrom attacked Pikachu? gosh...

A ruined thread almost useless comments, people that don't see the episodes and whining about everything, ****.

Great for a 1st gym battle, Hiyappu (??) used a ground move against Pika, haha the three gym leaders were kind of cool and Dento as the new companion is win, nice to know this was a two-parter after all.

10/10 Best Wishes has been lovely so far!
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 14th October 2010 at 6:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZgonDuck View Post
    I'm not even gonna get into the Pikachu stuff because it didn't win on the first try at Roark's Gym and it won't get the chance for revenge at Sanyou Gym since it looks like Mijumaru is gonna win next week.
    Yes, I knew I wasn't the only one who remembered this!

Mijumaru stole the show at the end though, that epic OH JESUS! face at the end was priceless.
    Yeah, Mijumaru is this show's comic relief. Which is good, especially since TR is no longer filling in that respective niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Mijumaru is probably the best personality I’ve seen on the show in AGES.
    Can't wait to see how Tsuta- I mean, Smugleaf acts when it get's its capture/appearance.

Lol @ Iris saying Ash should have used Mamepato against Dent. I dont think Ash even remembers he has a Mamepato.
    That worries me somewhat...

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I liked this episode. Pikachu losing to a water-type was just... horrible, but knowing these writers, it wasn't completely out of the blue.

Going in order, I like how Ash went into the gym shouting his randomness and thinking the gym would be normal. It reminds me of the beginning of Dawn's adventure when she went into that cafe thinking it was Rowan's lab.

Koon's hairstyle is kind of illogical if you think about it, but logic is non-existent in Pokemon, so that's perfectly fine.

Mad fangirls...

And Pokabu proves that the power of pork overcomes fire, which is odd, but yeah. They should have made its evolution a flying pig. That would have been awesome.

Oh, how I pity Pikachu. A damn water-type too.

MIJUMARU'S FACE! All of its expression are great, actually, but the face at the end was just priceless.

Pokabu first gym battle was nice! Ash used great strategy with Poka.

Oh my god, Mijumaru's one Ash's pokemon with greatest personality, such "overconfident" and coward! hahaha

to people whining why Pikachu lost, Hiyappu used EARTHQUAKE.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Did you even see the ****ing 1st episode to say Zekrom attacked Pikachu? gosh...
    i dont know japanese. but I just saw a thunderbolt looking thing hit pikachu, and then seeing him get weak in the Shootie battle.

well Mijamaru was so comical. he will definately fill in Croagunks and Piplups shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Pokabu first gym battle was nice! Ash used great strategy with Poka.

Oh my god, Mijumaru's one Ash's pokemon with greatest personality, such "overconfident" and coward! hahaha

to people whining why Pikachu lost, Hiyappu used EARTHQUAKE.

that wasn't earthquake. it was mud sport or something like that. its a special move that lowers the power of electric moves. but apparently pikachu trpped on it, but I didnt like that a simple water gun fainted Pika (who has type advantage over water), while Mijamaru gets hit by bullet seed (grass attack he is supposed to be weak to) but ends up surviving.
    Last edited by Teshub; 14th October 2010 at 6:14 PM.

i dont know japanese. but I just saw a thunderbolt looking thing hit pikachu, and then seeing him get weak in the Shootie battle.

well Mijamaru was so comical. he will definately fill in Croagunks and Piplups shoes.

that wasn't earthquake. it was mud sport or something like that. its a special move that lowers the power of electric moves. but apparently pikachu trpped on it, but I didnt like that a simple water gun fainted Pika (who has type advantage over water), while Mijamaru gets hit by bullet seed (grass attack he is supposed to be weak to) but ends up surviving.
    Pikachu is super effective against water types not resistant. Pikachu's lost was just fine. People are really not giving this episode the credit it deserves. 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    Pikachu is super effective against water types not resistant. Pikachu's lost was just fine. People are really not giving this episode the credit it deserves. 10/10.
    i would give it an 8.5 because of Dento and Miju. i dont want to lower my standards just because BW is a new show.

Well I liked the episode, I don't care if Pikachu lost I got used to that back in D/P. It had a lot of humor in it and a good battle. I'm liking Dento and Iris's characters a lot and there relationship with Ash so far. The Pokemon Ash has are really cool, Mijmaru has a lot of personality I must say, than Pokabu is pretty awesome. The bird will get a chance to shine some time soon I'm sure of it, we are only at episode five after all. I'm really liking Ash's character this series, he's been cracking me up. Over all, I just love Best Wishes, I hope those fan girls stay at the gym though LOLz.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Just wanted to add two points:

1) This episode was awesome;

2) People complain a lot.

Thanks.

Will comment later after I watch the subbed version... I'm sure there's a lot to catch.

I really enjoyed this:

-Not only does it look like Pokabu won't be a "baby", but more like Bulbasaur (if it doesn't evolve) and he won his first battle, yay.

-Hiyappu beating Pikachu was amazing, that little rat didn't even land a hit!

-They really couldn't let Mamepato battle the GRASS monkey? I've already seen enough of the ugly otter, and this just started. Stupid writers "WE MUST ADVERTISE THE STARTER EVEN WHEN IT'S NOT NEEDED HUR HUR", if anything I was hoping Miju would be sent out and then be too chicken to battle and the bird would get a chance so we could assure it's still alive, but nah.
    Last edited by Joe.; 14th October 2010 at 8:38 PM.
    [IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/2qs5fe1.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://oi52.*******.com/59u7vn.jpg[/img]
    Doryuuzu Excadrill is the best!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast