Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Triple Leaders, Team Threats! (664)

Oh man, I need to watch this episode!
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

Loved today's episode and I'm happy with Cilan's voice. It fit very well.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Really enjoyed the episode The gym battle was awesome and the voice acting was really good. Can't wait for next weeks episode. Oshawott is so cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    I have no idea why they chose Jason Griffith for Cilan but I hope I'' get used to it eventually.
    To be honest, I would never have guessed Jason Griffith. But damn, it works!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMage View Post
    Bulbapedia just updated with Cilan's English VA, and yeah, it's Jason Griffith. I'm surprised I didn't get it when I watched the episode, because I can definitely hear him now. This may be his best role yet, too. I've never been a particularly big fan of his but I think he really nailed it with Cilan! Kudos to him!
    Considering the last time I heard him was that one guy halfway through Sinnoh who had the Croagunk and on his chest during "Cream of the Croagunk Crop" episode... yeah, it's been a while. But hey, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiido View Post
    Humans
    Major

* Cilan
    * Brawly
    * Tate
    * Looker
    * Sir Aaron
    * Marcus

not huge characters eh?
    Looker? Whoa! Okay, maybe I can get used to Jason Griffith for this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMage View Post
    Carter Cathcart is a psuedonym for Jimmi Zoppi, the voice actor of James and Meowth.
    And before that, it was "Billy Beach". What's with him and these alliterations?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuu View Post
    Sorry if it wasn't clear, but Lucien didn't voice Khoury. That was Chris Niosi. Other than Thomas, the other green haired charactcer Lucien voiced was Maron. He was the battle announcer for the Salon Maiden Anabelle match. Which was... two seasons ago maybe?
    Anabel was during Battle Frontier; tail end of Hoenn. We're in Unova now, so it's more like 4 1/2 seasons ago. No worries though, keeping track of when and where an episode is situated within 13 seasons can be tricky.

Gotta say, great job! I'm starting to get used to cool Team Rocket sounding like comedy TR. At least now I know what they were up to.

Also...

I can't believe it took me this long to realize that that photoshopped image was from this episode. If only my skills with it were that good ;_;.

edit: No, Hilda will not be appearing in BW... as far as we know.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Loved this episode. Oshawott is starting to grow on me and I like its personality. Hilarious.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

How did Cilan's voice sound? Did it fit him?
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

I would say so. It's not as feminine as Mamoru Miyano, but he still sounds wise and mature, while still sounding elegant and refined. Since it's hard to find an English VA using a feminine voice without sounding weird, I'd say this was the best direction they could take.

Also a bit off topic, but I've gotta say, Lisa Ortiz is doing a fantastic job as Oshawott. I like it more than the Japanese voice.

I still remain skeptical that a VA's girlfriend is in the forums. That is too suspicious if somebody asked me.

I believe her, really. Since TPCi for some reason cuts out the credits at the end of the episodes, it'd be nearly impossible for anyone to know who the voice actor was unless they knew him themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by cilan View Post
    Cilan is OKAY, but I had hoped it would sound more like the Japanese version.

That's why I always put it on mute whenever the Japanese voice actors talk, so I'm not disappointed

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Rushing to Prof. Sycamore’s lab after hearing that Cheren sent all of my pokémon there after the Aspertia Academy was attacked
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Oshawot's facial expressions were so funny in this episode XD

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    How did Cilan's voice sound? Did it fit him?
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! The first episode of Black and White that I actually liked! Cilan's English voice sounds very fitting and it brought a smile to my face as soon as I heard him speak! ^_^

Pikachu took a real beating. At first, from the episode pictures, I didn't know Panpour had hit him that many times. In the end, Cress' strategy proved flawless. Poor Pikachu...
    Some Pokémon are cool.
    But others are just the epitome of COOLNESS!

Cilan's voice is perfect. :]
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/6p808y.jpg[/IMG]

Pikachu took a real beating. At first, from the episode pictures, I didn't know Panpour had hit him that many times. In the end, Cress' strategy proved flawless. Poor Pikachu...
    Yeah. I know it's not anime canon, but Cress did say he was using a strategy to specifically counter electric type Pokemon. Kinda shows how the anime is, with both matches going to a Pokemon with a type disadvantage, fire against fire, and water beating electric.
    {Insert signature here}

don't know if this has been said or not, but i think cilans voice is one of sonics old voices.
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by RequiemUltima View Post
    - *sighs* Pikachu, Pikachu, Pikachu... How could you tie with a Latios and then lose against a Snivy and a PANPOUR???

- I was surprised to see the way "Cilan" was pronounced... but oh well. I'll get used to it.

- Those Striaton triplets were so STRANGE at first! 0_0

- Ash, living up to his expectations, fights fire with fire and grass with water. Please, Ash, do you have ANY logic in you? Why didn't you use Pidove, your beautiful bird? PLEASE don't make your Pidove your next Pidgeotto or Torterra; actually use it a lot please.

- Oshawott=Cuteness! If it were in a Pokemon game, it'd have a Sassy nature.

- Pansage biting Oshawott's head was strangely amusing...

- I wish we didn't have to wait for the result of the battle. >_<
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    don't know if this has been said or not, but i think cilans voice is one of sonics old voices.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu2HHvMm0UA

Right you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    - I wish we didn't have to wait for the result of the battle. >_<
    I know right

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    I still remain skeptical that a VA's girlfriend is in the forums. That is too suspicious if somebody asked me.
    I guess the girlfriend of a VA that happens to do a few voices in Pokemon isn't allowed to be a Pokemon fan? :P I actually check this site regularly. I just hadn't been on the forums until today because I was shamelessly trying to find out what people thought of Chili's VA.

Anyway, it's officially updated on his website now for those who may have still been skeptical.

I love Chilan's voice!!

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Wow Cilan was voiced by the same person who did (Or used to do) Sonic? Maybe that's why I liked it lol. Yep I really like Cilan's voice and the monkeys sound adorable too. For awhile now Pansage has been trying to push Panpour off the top of my favourite elemental monkey lisy and this episode plus the fact we'll be seeing Pansage on a regular basis from here on out (and having my very own on White) just clinched it! (sorry Panpour) Any Yay! looks like you hear the cries during WTP again!

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

What do I say about this episode...?

Yes. Almost everything about this. First of all, I love Cilan's voice (gonna take me a while to get used to pronouncing the darn thing). And even though my predictions for both Cilan and even Chili were wrong, I liked what I heard yesterday. Cress...at times, it sounded a little like James so I'm gonna assume that's who did him.

Voice crap aside, I felt the same vibe as I did watching the sub. Striaton High School Host Club. *shot* Oh come on, tell me I'm not the only one who thought Ouran HSHC when seeing the brothers and all the fangirls. Or maybe I'm just an anime geek.

Well long story short, loved the Pansear vs. Tepig battle, love the brothers, love Cilan and both of his voice actors, love Cilan's wonderful food puns I'm probably gonna hear a bunch of judging by what I heard in this episode. So yay.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    - *sighs* Pikachu, Pikachu, Pikachu... How could you tie with a Latios and then lose against a Snivy and a PANPOUR???
    My best idea is that this was Zekrom's train of thought in the beginning:

"This Pikachu is overpowered! It can tie with a freaking Latios! I must weaken it!" *zaps Pikachu* *Pikachu can no longer use electric type moves* "Oh ****...I overdid it a bit, lets try that again" *zaps Pikachu again to let it use its electric type moves again but otherwise leaves it at about level 5*

Cilan's voiced by Jason Griffith who was the previous voice of Sonic the Hedgehog in the Sonic X animé and also the games from around Shadow the Hedgehog up until Sonic Unleashed. He's also done some voices recently in the Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's dub, prominently as a 'duel-robot' called Ghost.

Let me preface the rest of my post by saying that I did like a lot about the episode, but I honestly didn't like that an under-levelled and much weaker Tepig won against moves that were supereffective against it while an over-levelled Pikachu couldn't even win against a weaker Pokémon that had a type disadvantage. The animé has made Mud Sport look WAY more powerful than it really is.

I know, I know, "thundershock the horn!"; the animé has its own strange rules, but this just annoyed me to no end, especially when Tepig losing wouldn't have just made sense, but also been really fitting considering how new it was to Ash.

Pikachu losing against vastly weaker Pokémon, even if they DO have good counter-strategies, just feels like a massive disservice to the poor rat.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast