Thread: My NEW Pokemon White Team

Default My NEW Pokemon White Team

I know I made one a couple days ago, but I edited it and I like making teams. I promise, this won't be a every week thing. Here's my new and improved team. All comments and improvements are cool with me. I did not decide on the Natures, EV's and Held Items- You can help me on that too.

1. Jalorda
    Nature: Admant
    Item: Miracle Seed

Attacks
    Leaf Blade
    Coil
    Dragon Tail
    Calm Mind

Why: I just like the grass type. I'm considering importing the game and I don't see myself switching from Jalorda. Leaf Blade for STAB, Coil and Calm Mind for boosts and Dragon Tail as another attack.

2. Sazandora
    Nature: Lax
    Item: Scope Lens

Attacks
    Surf
    Outrage
    Charge Beam
    Flamethrower

Why: I had the other Dragon but switched to Saz because he can learnSurf. Looking at his stats, I want to make him a offensive powerhouse. Outrage gets the STAB, everything else? Strong and I believe effective for this powerhouse.

3. Zuruzukin
    Nature: Bold
    Item: Rugged Helmet

Attacks
    Focus Punch
    Crunch
    Facade
    Toxic

Why: I like his defense and the Dark/Fighting list of moves. Only problem? He doesn't learn assurance. Focus Punch looks to be the best fighting move, but I may settle on Brick Break. Crunch as well for STAB. Facade because alot of trainers love to paralyze and poison in battle and could be effective. I might switch that for a Calm Mind? Protect? Also, Toxic for a shock move.

4. Waruvial
    Nature: Rash
    Item: Razor Fang

Attacks
    Earthquake
    Trickery
    Level Ground
    Aerial Ace

Why: High attack and his resistances are good. Earthquake, Trickery and Level Ground all have STAB. Aerial Ace for a mix up move there.

5. Goruugu
    Nature:Naive
    Item:Focus Sash

Attacks
    Fly
    Dynamicpunch
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam

Why: I like Dynamicpunch but I know I might have to pick a different move because it has 50% acc. I would probably replace it with Shadow Ball. Fly off a flying type is fantastic. Earthquake and Ice Beam to mix it up but I might replace one with a Rest or Rock Polish.

6. Burungeru
    Nature:Careful
    Item: Focus Band

Attacks
    Ominous Wind
    Evil Eye
    Surf
    Will-O-Wisp

Why: I like a Water type. A Water/Ghost type is even nicer. I get the Surf on him, Evil Eye hits and gives a random status condition, Ominous Wind attacks and could boast me up. Will-O-Wisp causes burn.

ALL OPINIONS ARE ACCEPTED!
    Last edited by Clampdamp3; 17th October 2010 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Proper Format
    FC: 2079-7212-0808

Seems extremely weak to fighting and ghost.

POKEMON BLACK

POKEMON WHITE

Quote Originally Posted by Clampdamp3 View Post
    I know I made one a couple days ago, but I edited it and I like making teams. I promise, this won't be a every week thing. Here's my new and improved team. All comments and improvements are cool with me. I did not decide on the Natures, EV's and Held Items- You can help me on that too.

1. Jalorda

Attacks: Leaf Blade, Coil, Dragon Tail, Calm Mind

Why: I just like the grass type. I'm considering importing the game and I don't see myself switching from Jalorda. Leaf Blade for STAB, Coil and Calm Mind for boosts and Dragon Tail as another attack.

Calm Mind doesn't really do much for Jalorda here, unless you just want the SpDef boost. Try replacing it with another physical move. Return or Aerial Ace would probably work.

2. Sazandora

Attacks: Surf, Outrage, Charge Beam, Flamethrower

Why: I had the other Dragon but switched to Saz because he can learn Surf. Looking at his stats, I want to make him a offensive powerhouse. Outrage gets the STAB, everything else? Strong and I believe effective for this powerhouse.

Looks fine to me.

3. Zuruzukin

Attacks: Focus Punch, Crunch, Facade, Toxic

Why: I like his defense and the Dark/Fighting list of moves. Only problem? He doesn't learn assurance. Focus Punch looks to be the best fighting move, but I may settle on Brick Break. Crunch as well for STAB. Facade because alot of trainers love to paralyze and poison in battle and could be effective. I might switch that for a Calm Mind? Protect? Also, Toxic for a shock move.

If Zuruzukin has Focus Punch, it probably wants Substitute as well. Maybe replace Facade with it?

4. Waruvial

Attacks: Earthquake, Trickery, Level Ground, Aerial Ace

Why: High attack and his resistances are good. Earthquake, Trickery and Level Ground all have STAB. Aerial Ace for a mix up move there.

If you have Earthquake, I don't think there's a need for Level Ground. You might put in Stone Edge for Level Ground, and maybe replace Aerial Ace with a stronger move like Dragon Claw or Brick Break.

5. Goruugu

Attacks: Fly, Dynamicpunch, Earthquake, Ice Beam

Why: I like Dynamicpunch but I know I might have to pick a different move because it has 50% acc. I would probably replace it with Shadow Ball. Fly off a flying type is fantastic. Earthquake and Ice Beam to mix it up but I might replace one with a Rest or Rock Polish.

Ice Beam is a no-no. Goruugu's Atk is more than double its SpAtk. Use that stat. Shadow Punch gets STAB and is physical. Dynamicpunch is ok if you have No Guard as an ability.

6. Burungeru

Attacks: Ominous Wind, Evil Eye, Surf, Will-O-Wisp

Why: I like a Water type. A Water/Ghost type is even nicer. I get the Surf on him, Evil Eye hits and gives a random status condition, Ominous Wind attacks and could boast me up. Will-O-Wisp causes burn.

Here is a better place to use Ice Beam. Replace Ominous Wind with it. I think you're a little confused on what Evil Eye does. It doesn't give a random status condition; rather, it does extra damage to a pokemon already with a status condition. By how much, I'm not sure.

ALL OPINIONS ARE ACCEPTED!
    That's my thoughts. Not bad overall, just a few things to change.

Seems extremely weak to fighting and ghost.

Now that I look at it, maybe your right. However, I would be more concerned about the fighting over the ghost part since Fighting has more stronger attack moves.

I think that could be fixed. Saz could learn Acrobat and I believe Zuzu can as well. It will be a disadvantage if this my final team but I believe there some moves where I can overcome it.

Edit the original post to the correct format. Two pokemon with a ghost weakness isn't that much though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Is that better? Yea, I mean: How many people really use Ghost type like that?

Is that better? Yea, I mean: How many people really use Ghost type like that?

For Goruggo you can also go SubPuncher

which is:
    Iron Fist:
    Sub
    Focus Punch
    Shadow Punch
    Earthquake

This moveset takes advantage of Goruggo's nice ability which increases his punch moves by 20% meaning set up sub than smash the tar out of enemies with a Focus Punch with 180 power.

Shadow Punch and Earthquake For STABs and for if you have something focus punch cant hit or not very effective against

For Jalorda replace Calm mind with either Toxic or Leech Seed

Toxic if you want to give evil eye a boost plus you can go coil -> toxic -> Dragon tail on your opponents making to where you can posion their entire team.

And to answer your question on the Ghost pokemon: That would be me i love using Ghost and Dark Pokemon

what type is the big ice giant robot guy (cant remember his name)
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

^ Goruggo is a Ghost/Ground type

Sigh...hello.

Jalorda, as stated above, needs no Calm Mind. If you can be bothered to breed, I'd highly suggest using Iron Tail > Calm Mind, and Return > Dragon Tail. Toxic is alright, but if you're playing in-game, it's not completely necessary. And it wants Leftovers.

Charge Beam...is useless on Sazandora. And Lax is the worst nature possible, ever (well, Gentle too, but still). So, you should use either Crunch or Dark Pulse > Charge Beam, as Dark STAB is pretty darn good. As for a nature, well, Hasty/Naive would probably be best. MixDora wants a Life Orb.

Zuruzukin doesn't want Bold as a nature: it lowers its Atk, which is a no-no. Do:

Zuruzukin @ Rugged Helmet
    Careful
    Shed Skin
    -Bulk Up
    -Drain Punch
    -Crunch
    -Zen Headbutt/Rock Slide

I'd say that's a better set. If you really want Focus Punch, replace Drain Punch with it, and the last move with Substitute.

Waruvial @ Muscle Band
    Jolly
    Overconfidence
    -Claw Sharpen
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge/Dragon Claw

Trickery is terrible on the croc, since the move doesn't run off its own Atk stat. Definitely a better set here.

Shadow Punch > Ice Beam on the automaton. Adamant + Expert Belt on it too.

Calm is a better nature for Burunkeru (unless you don't want to rely on WoW, in which case Bold is better), and it wants Leftovers as well. Ice Beam > Ominous Wind. Oh, and Evil Eye's power doubles.

Poor rate on my part, but I have a headache, so meh. Hope it helped.
    Thinking about posting a team in the 5th Gen IGRMT sub-forum? Be sure to read the rules before proceeding. Are you looking to have only one Pokemon rated? Then check out our Single Rate Thread for movesets and help. Thanks!