Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Only Way (working title) PG-13

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    A very well planned out fanfic. Two thumbs up and five stars.
    Wow, that's some nice praise, thanks. Also, thanks to EpicPip for more compliments.
    Last edited by Skydra; 28th May 2011 at 5:36 AM.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

It's been a long time since a chapter was up, but here it is, chapter 7. Enjoy, if you haven't forgotten about it due to it being so long.
    --------------------------------------------------
    “What’s this?” the boy asked, questioning the identity of a small purple sphere. They had arrived at the storage cache, where item upon item lined the shelves of dark wood.

“I think that’s a Smoke Ball,” Carson answered. “Believe me, I’m no master either; however in some cases- No, don’t touch-!”

He meant to say “I know some stuff about the things here” but a gaseous substance was released everywhere, making sight impossible momentarily. Tam rushed to open the window like a Mandibuzz would to carrion or a Combee would to honey and quickly threw it open. The room was subsequently aired out, but everyone was glaring at the eight year old.

“Next time, don’t press any buttons unless you know what they do,” ordered Carson. He knew there was a button of some sort on it, of course, not just touch-it-and-it-goes-off.

Carson glanced at the other two. “Sorry about that. I do regret we don’t have any ‘don’t touch purple balls’ signs anywhere, but I guess it’s a commodity we’ll have to live without,” he joked. Lessa, as he had hoped, smiled, the kind of lovable smile that could brighten up any day, no matter how half empty the glass was. But it faded quickly, and soon they decided to exit the storage room to prevent further supply damage and related possibilities.

The rest of the tour was uneventful, but Carson did get good insight into the personalities of the new guests. He finally got the small boy’s name (Jack), and decided that he was inquisitive, too much for his own good, as well as talkative. Lessa, on the other hand, was of much different character than her brother; usually silent, often knew a lot more about things than she let on, and seemed unfazed by anything out of the ordinary. Tam, finally, was easily annoyed but cared for her children like a true mother should.

They went down for lunch at close to one o’clock, a better lunch than normal in commemoration of the new guests. George’s family was reunited, but it was a shock to the others that they were to be kept here, against their will if necessary.

“Do you even have that right?” Tam asked, similar to what George had said.

“Not at the moment, but when our organization comes out in the open, we’ll be linked to the authorities and it will be justified,” Ethan explained. “Anyway, you would fear for your own safety if you left. George seems to know something important”-George suddenly stiffened, almost imperceptibly- “and since you all know the location of this secret compound, you could be targets too. Spies might have seen you going this way, but the agents who brought you were most likely safe enough to know that they weren’t being followed as they entered our area.”

Tam’s eyes flashed to George after he stiffened, although Carson couldn’t read what the eyes were saying. Time would tell; Carson didn’t doubt Ethan would extract the information George, (and possibly his wife based on her optical motions) although not in the manner of the Weavile trainer.

The adults of the guest family ate slowly and nervously, but the younger guests acted as normal. Carson doubted the small boy currently had the kind of mind to note his parent’s unnatural behavior, but he didn’t think Lessa would miss something like that, after Carson’s judgments earlier. She had been observant in many ways during the tour, putting those abilities to use by keeping her brother in check.

As Carson ate the ham sandwich each diner was consuming, he sent some glances Lessa’s way, seeing if she’d respond. At one point they made eye contact, but they both looked away in a semi-embarrassment. It was a start, Carson decided.

Carson finished off the ham sandwich and proceeded to his sliced apple. He noticed Ethan motioning to him as the Sakamoto’s conversed, pointing to the living room and mouthing “later”. Carson deduced that he needed to discuss the Sakamoto’s, considering their behavior and his want to not alert them that they were discussing anything.

When all had finished, Ethan retrieved the empty dishes for washing, and said, obviously to the new family; “Your rooms are upstairs. They’re labeled, specifically numerically, with a B to indicate they are bedrooms. We’ve assigned George to 3B already, and I assume Mrs. Sakamoto would be there, correct?” Tam nodded. “Okay then,” continued Ethan, “Jack is assigned to 2B, and Lessa in 4B. Carson already has 1B, and I have the master bedroom, so you can contact us through those areas if you cannot find us down here.”

Carson seized the moment to say “I’ll direct them to their rooms.” He might have a chance to converse with Lessa as they went to the final assigned room, 4B, before she unpacked and/or changed.

Ethan shot him a look that said, back down here soon. Carson nodded and went to help the family grab the packs they had hastily put together in their flight here, and then directed them upstairs.

He found the other rooms for the new guests, and then proceeded with Lessa down the hallway. It was somewhat awkward being alone with only her, but he decided he would make some sort of conversation.

“So, um,” Carson faltered, “I heard you had a Yanma, right?” He thought starting with a question would be the best way to go about it.

“I do,” Lessa answered in a somewhat soft tone. She talked a little louder and mentioned, “Our family has a Poliwhirl. Dad trained it in his boyhood, but never wanted to evolve it for some reason.” She ended her speech and glanced to Carson.

“I brought my Growlithe and Phanpy from Cianwood City,” Carson said. “Well, you’d call them Blaze and Ellie if you wanted a response.”

“I just ended up calling Yanma Christine, somehow,” Lessa said in answer. “Named after a friend who moved away… I’ll, uh, go in now,” she ended.

“Later,” Carson responded. “And usually dinner ends up being at seven, so be downstairs by then, if you aren’t already.”

She closed the door gently, and Carson traversed the stairs again. Ethan waited in the designated room.

“You probably guessed that I’m going to be talking about the new guests,” Ethan assumed, sitting down on a sofa. The room had whitish walls, generally clean but somewhat damaged in places, and the two sofas, one small and one larger, faced the television, which was somewhat old.

“I did,” Carson answered. ‘What about them?”

“A lot, possibly too much to say at the moment. I’ll start with the fact that they know something important. Possibly game-changing for either side in this behind-the-scenes battle.” Ethan paused, although for effect or breath Carson couldn’t deduce.

“But with important information comes characters that dislike cooperation. They will try to hide whatever knowledge they have, and breaking them will be hard as I will not stoop down as low as our enemy’s torture tactics.” Ethan picked up a glass of milk that was sitting on the table and took a sip, pausing. He then continued, “Unfortunately, we need whatever George’s family knows. Ideas?”

Carson thought for a while as Ethan did the same. Ideas were dismissed, more were created, and then a further amount was dismissed once again, but then they both thought of a different one each that they believed could be somewhat successful. They ended up beginning to express that idea at the same time.

“S- You first,” was Ethan’s words.

Carson decided he’d take that advice and begin. “I don’t know if this will work, but it’s better than nothing…”

Carson explained his strategy, and Ethan nodded approvingly at the finish.

“Now for mine,” Ethan followed through. “So my plan is simple, but I need your cooperation. Because you factor in to this plan more than I do, even.

“I’m betting Lessa knows almost as much as her parents on what we are trying to divulge… do you see where I’m going?”

Carson knew the point he was trying to make, but was lost for words with which to form a response. “I see,” he finally responded. “It seems a little manipulative.”

“Just see if she tells you anything if you two can become friends. You don’t have to act out of the ordinary. And if the other plan works, we won’t need to obtain Lessa’s knowledge in the first place. It won’t hurt her either way.”

“Are you sure we can’t simply ask?” Carson questioned.

“A problem lies there. If she decides to be loyal to her father and tells him we’re too curious, they’d become more disinclined to speak about anything. It’s too risky.”

Carson nodded, although still unsure of his willingness to execute it. Was this whole family just to be used as tools? Was it justified to keep them prisoner and extort information as if they weren’t allowed to keep anything to themselves? He decided the best course of action was to try the two strategies and observe the results.

But, little did he know, he would have little time to implement either.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><>

“Uproar,” spoke Lessa calmly, as the small elephant of Carson’s rolled forward, rotating over and over to speed towards the buzzing dragonfly, shining wings reflecting the sunlight. Sound waves blasted from the small mouth of the bug, vibrating the grassy field. Ellie was slowed, ears hurting from the attack.

“Christine, fly in and strike with Bug Bite!” Lessa yelled to her Pokemon, seeing the perfect opening she had created to attack. Christine buzzed forward to chomp on the forehead of the Phanpy, with jaws more powerful than you would expect for such a nonthreatening-looking creature. The insect circled back to give Ellie another bite, but at this time the Phanpy was recovered from the blast of sound.

“Take Down as Christine approaches!” Carson commanded, and while Christine veered off, Elly changed her target as Christine moved to the side, crashing full-power into the Yanma. With the powerful attack came powerful recoil, which wasn’t as powerful as the attack itself but was damaging enough that it was noticeable when Ellie’s stance dropped a little lower.

Christine’s body hovered upward as she recovered, and suddenly her wings began to vibrate at a higher rate. Carson remembered some Pokemon having the ability to increase their speed during the duration of the battle, and assume this was what he was seeing then and figured he would have to act quickly.

“Rollout!” Carson called, and Ellie began to roll forward. Carson remembered what he had done to attack Ethan in the first battle he had experienced at this compound, knowing that Rollout gained power as it continued. He ordered Ellie to speed for the edge of the grassy field and turn, while Christine was ordered to chase after it. However, Lessa changed her mind and called her dragonfly towards the trees.

As Elly approached, gaining speed and power: “Christine, let her follow you!”

Quickly, Carson analyzed her actions. What could she be planning? Quickly he thought, but an answer couldn’t come. He had to adapt to what happened, he surmised. He waited as the chase ensued through the field.

As they approached the trees, Lessa yelled, “Detect!”

When he heard that move, he knew what his opponent was doing. But he was too late to stop Ellie from smashing into a neighboring tree, as was Ellie herself.

“Bug Bite!”

The Phanpy, dizzy and confused, was bitten on the shoulder hard. But she wasn’t down yet.

“Finish with Uproar!” commanded Lessa, ready to deliver the finishing blow.

Carson wasn’t going down yet, not if he could help it. “Endure!”

Lessa didn’t call off the attack; better to get the opponent down to their lowest level of endurance than not to do anything.

Phanpy braced itself, becoming one solid mass able to withstand any attack, albeit with almost no possible way of surviving the next blow.

Carson waited for the attack, watching his new strategy become reality.

Ellie was struck with the sound waves, body vibrating but staying steady. When the vibrations ended, Ellie became mobile once more, readying for the final attack.

“Ellie, Flail now!”

The blue elephant dashed forward, not giving the surprised dragonfly any time to react. Christine took the strike head on, and a powerful strike it was. Flail increased in power the weaker the user was; as Ellie was as weak as possible before passing out, Christine now lay unconscious.

“That was interesting,” Carson mentioned as Christine was recalled. “I’ve only had one person to battle for a long time… that was great.” He was truly enjoying this, not the same way as the training in the time before. At the moment, getting information out of Lessa was in the far back of his mind. He’d rather spend time with her for other reasons than Ethan’s intentions of him interacting with the girl.

“Thanks,” she replied, as she smiled gracefully. “But were not done yet. I have Poliwhirl with me. And you have Blaze on you, right?”

“Not quite, but…” Carson whistled two notes and the furry orange Pokémon dashed out from the building. “So now let’s get this started. Phanpy, you’re almost down, why don’t you rest a while,” he said as he brought back the tired elephant to its Poke Ball.

Carson knew he was at a big disadvantage. Poliwhirl was a more experienced Pokemon compared to Blaze, who had hatched two years ago. But he wasn’t going to simply quit, and make himself look bad in Lessa’s eyes. In fact, the more battle time with her, the better. He commanded Blaze onto the field.

Lessa pressed the button, releasing Poliwhirl. The black spiral pattern, contrasting to its stomach appeared to undulate as it stood, somewhat hypnotizing to Blaze. Looking to the seaside in an attempt avoid an early Hypnosis, Blaze glanced to the right. Strangely for the situation, he began growling, then yapping high-pitched.

Something was wrong. Carson had never known Blaze to have those actions unless something dangerous was sensed, like the time he warned Claudia of the tree branch cracking ever so slightly under her weight one day at the park. Carson whipped his head around, not yet seeing anything to endanger them. Was it sight or sound that Blaze was feeling? He heard a dull roar, and…

The blades whirred. The metal mass now loomed; while many feet in front of them, it could only signal impending doom.
    ----------------------------
    And cut. Remember, all criticism and comments are welcome (as long as they don't break rules).
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Oh man, this fanfic surely is great! I do really like the storyline. please PM me when the next chapter is done!

ARBOK
    EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Arbok4Ever View Post
    Oh man, this fanfic surely is great! I do really like the storyline. please PM me when the next chapter is done!
    Thanks, I will. And the comments do help boost enthusiasm for writing, so comments=more chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    Thanks, I will. And the comments do help boost enthusiasm for writing, so comments=more chapters.
    then i'm on board this is a joy to read, i love how your developing the characters, hope you give Carson a chance to catch a new pokemon though :P
        Spoiler:- Friend code for Pokemon White:

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraikarasu View Post
    then i'm on board this is a joy to read, i love how your developing the characters, hope you give Carson a chance to catch a new pokemon though :P
    Don't worry, once he's out of Ethan's house he'll be getting some new Pokemon as the story continues.

I don't have enough time to read it on my computer between school, band, and work so I take this, make it a word document and then transform it into a pdf file so i can read it on my phone whenever i have time(I do give credit. I do not take credit for other peoples work.) And I have to say out of all of the fan fics I've ever read, this is my second favorite, (it used to be first until i discovered something else.) But anyways, keep on going with it
    FC 2795 0262 4216
    Name PEIN

Credit for all darkrai to GladeShadow

Quote Originally Posted by Pein99 View Post
    I don't have enough time to read it on my computer between school, band, and work so I take this, make it a word document and then transform it into a pdf file so i can read it on my phone whenever i have time(I do give credit. I do not take credit for other peoples work.) And I have to say out of all of the fan fics I've ever read, this is my second favorite, (it used to be first until i discovered something else.) But anyways, keep on going with it
    Cool, thanks.

I was planning on getting the next chapter out before now, but I am somewhere else and can't seem to find the USB drive that I put the document on in which to work on. So it'll have to wait a little longer.

The helicopter blew gusts that took leaves from the nearby pines, sending them spiraling to the ground in the direction of the synthetic wind. As it levitated nearer, no markings denoting information on its hull, the sound rose, but the Carson and Lessa, looking to each other in varying degrees of terror, were already dashing inside with their recalled Pokemon. They yelled to the inside various phrases such as “Ethan!” “Mr. Sakamoto!” “Jack!” “Helicopter!” “We have to get away!” “Dad!”

The ‘copter slowly made its way over the trees, not in a hurry but yet still at a pace that wouldn’t allow the necessary preparation to evacuate. Neither Lessa or Carson knew who could escape, but they only thought of that one thing for everyone. Lessa’s family was here. Carson had lost too much, and Ethan was the only thing close to family he had. But he had grown attached to Lessa as well. For the short time he had been around her, there was something he liked, or even loved, about her, the events of his life back home notwithstanding. If he could save one person, it would be her.

Ethan peered outside and gasped, his hideaway for years found at last. Gulping, he ran inside to ready what he could. “Carson! Direct them to the escape route! I’ll… keep them occupied.”

In what way he was to keep them occupied was not Carson’s priority to learn as he raced to the rest of their guests. “Over this way!” he yelled to them, relaxing on the couch(all but Lessa, of course).

They began to inquire as to what was the problem, but his answer was “No questions! We need to move!”

The passage was contained underground, but entered through a tube disguised as a drain pipe. For additional security, there was also a key needed to get through the trapdoor at the end of the “drain pipe.” One who got through that would then need to know how to navigate it, as it was filled with dead-end passageways. It was engineered for a successful escape. But getting to it, on time of course, would be the hardest part, especially with four other people.

Carson couldn’t think of this right now, though. His only purpose was to save those inside; all his focus was centered on this. As he found the other members of the guest family, he rushed them to the supply room to quickly grab one of the previously prepared packs that were located there for just this kind of situation. Carson knew not the exact contents, but what was there would be useful, possibly invaluable.

Now the escape remained.

They all dashed onward, following Carson down the hall. But they faltered from the sound of a close-by explosion, knocking all of them off balance. Carson and Mrs. Sakamoto stabilized themselves against a wall, but the others fell over completely and were quickly pulled upwards by their companions. They knew it wouldn’t be long before something struck them, and advanced ever faster now.

Now a single hallway stood between them and the exit. Time was short – no moment could be spared.

And as they came to the exit, a bomb blast tore the wall apart.

In strode two enemies, one Carson knew, unfortunately. It was Maxwell Coteli, in casual clothing, and an unidentified assistant, obviously a lower rank. The cruel lawman drew out his weapon, sending the painful memory through Carson of the fateful day. Turning to find the five standing there, Carson thought, have they already done away with Ethan?

In a burst of responsibility, he drew his arms out, in front of the Sakamotos. He would have wanted to have a decent one-liner to say, but this wasn’t a movie. There wasn’t much of a chance for him.

Carson looked grimly at his enemy, who raised an eyebrow. “So now you’re the good guy, eh?” the lawyer quipped.

“Let me tell you,” Maxwell mentioned, “there’s no room for good guys in this world any more. Soon the man that was once an honorable citizen will be a cutthroat. It’s a dog eat dog world, my friend. I realized that a long time ago.”

“You mean when you decided to become a son of a *****?” Carson growled.

“Ohoho, so he’s the feisty hero. I assure you, swearing will get you nowhere against a person holding a gun.”

Carson stared straight at the antagonistic man, and it may have had an effect on him. Maxwell recoiled a bit, like a snake threatened with a small stick, and began to speak again.

“My orders tell me not to kill you. Otherwise, I’m completely free in my actions. Guess what that means? The lassie and her family behind you aren’t safe, are they?”

He whispered to the other man, who drew another handgun. He pointed it straight at the group of unarmed innocents, as did Maxwell himself.

But Ethan was there, along with three of his Pokemon: the loyal Gharial, his unnamed, powerful Darmanitan, and the silent predator Nighteyes. Maxwell turned his weapon, the same action nearly taken by his partner-in-crime, who realized he needed to keep the weapon on the others for Maxwell.

“Damn you, I was just about to go with some of the classics,” Maxwell stated matter-o-factly. “‘Hand over yourself, and they will be spared!’ I would have said. But of course you had to ruin it with that dramatic entrance through the destroyed wall.”

“I should have known you’d be with them.”
    They know each other. This gets more confusing by the day. Those were Carson’s wandering thoughts while the rest of his mind searched for a way out.

“But of course, my friend. I always take the side that has the better chance.”

“I should have known that too,” Ethan angrily answered.

Maxwell frowned comically. “Watch it, bud. Your parents should have taught you some manners.”

Maxwell forgot that Ethan wasn’t one to chat.

With a small signal of the hand, Darmanitan swung a flaming fist towards the ex-lawyer, while Nighteyes flew into his face to obstruct his view. His shot went wild, ricocheting off the wall to the side of Darmanitan, who reached and smashed him with the well-powered Fire Punch. Maxwell was slammed into his accomplice, and he appeared to be put out of action. The accomplice was still able to move, however. He reached for the gun that he had dropped in the chaos, but Carson was already there, the same gun in hand.

“Please, don’t,” the unnamed operative groveled.

Carson frowned. “I wasn’t planning to kill you,” he said as he walked back to the others.

“Go! Go! There are more still coming!” Ethan directed, sending Carson to the hatch nearby to open it.

“I’ll do what I can!” He yelled back as he started in the other direction.

Through the corner of Mr. Sakamoto’s eye, an arm rose.
    Mr. Sakamoto turned, and then threw himself before his daughter. When the shot came, he took it straight in the chest, and screamed out as he fell.

“No!” Mrs. Sakamoto cried.

“Daddy!” “What- no!”

Carson saw that Maxwell had fired it, but the murderer was too exhausted to fire another shot.

“Get in! We can’t save him now!” He felt terrible saying it, but if they stayed, they would suffer the same fate.

“He’s… he’s right,” George burbled. “It’s my dying wish! G-get to… safety…”

Then they did as they were told. Why stay by a dying person’s side if their only wish is for you to be somewhere else?

“Climb carefully,” Carson told them. “It’s a ladder.”

Jack was sent down first, and once he was a few rungs down, Lessa began. Then Tam entered as well.

Carson looked down the hallway and saw nothing. Satisfied they would escape safely, he clambered down with them, closing the hatch.

Unfortunately, the darkness was complete. When they all reached the bottom, Carson rustled through the pack; surely a flashlight was in there. But first he felt a small round sphere, and some excitement as to what was inside stirred in him, which he ignored for the time being. He eventually found the light, and flicked it on. From here on he would lead, as he had memorized the layout of these tunnels. He would bring them to safety, he told himself. There was no try.

They navigated the dark subterranean area, slowly but surely. They had no knowledge of time; the only watch they had was Tam’s classic style watch and had no backlight you could turn on at will.

It must have been hours, but eventually they came to the point where there were no forks. Only a long, straight hallway. Carson was chilled, and he had no intention of joining the three huddled behind him. The hallway seemed to go on for ages when he shined the light through it.

He wasn’t surprised that nobody spoke. They all jumped at the slightest sound; any misstep or drip of liquid from the ceiling. Carson found his mind wandering; from Ethan to Mr. Sakamoto, or Lessa, sometimes his friends back home, and then his mother and father.

He was reminded of Alana, his best friend. They weren’t exactly in a relationship at the time he left, but they were still very close. He suddenly felt a little guilty for pursuing Lessa. Then he told himself that if he ever came back to his home, if he survived, things would have changed. Alana would probably have figured that he wasn’t coming back anytime soon. And he would be gone for so long that she wouldn’t care if he was with someone else when he arrived. He pushed those thoughts to the side and returned to reality, and soon they reached the end.

Carson knew that the exit went into a cave beside Route 38, which was coincidentally was near the location of the place they had rescued George.

“So… what do we do?” Tam asked, still shaken, as they clambered out the secret hole and closed the hatch

“I have no idea.” Carson looked around as he said this. “For now, we should be safe. Once word gets out that we escaped, I don’t know. We’ll need to hide as much as possible after a while.”

He glanced down the road. “Act inconspicuous if anyone comes by.”

They all nodded

“And hide immediately if you hear aircraft.”

“Seems…reasonable,” Tam answered.

Carson looked at the sun, still high in the sky. “Um… now let’s go into the woods and look at these packs.”

Carson then hung back with the other youths, knowing their pain. But all words escaped him. He’d never needed to comfort anyone else from a death of somebody so important to them. How was it done?

I never should have had to know that, he thought. For months I’ve forced to act twice my age.

He didn’t want to grow up too fast. But that was the only way to survive.

The helicopter made it’s retreat, and a figure stepped away from their hiding place and meandered along the path to the road. Emotions weighed heavily on their shoulders as they walked along silently.

Jasmine of Olivine had seen it all; or at least what was visible from the outside. She wasn’t a fighter; but she knew how she could help even more.

She broke into a run and was out of sight.

Yay! More chapters please!!! (shiny eyes)

I love this fanfic, but... what's with all the dads getting murdered???
    I, as a writer, give this fanfic an A!
    I prefer to avoid crazy stalkers, thank you very much.

Help me hatch it please!

I don't know.... I suppose I could have killed off the mom instead. But that might mess with some of the plot seeing as George is an experienced adult, but I wanted Carson to have to partly take charge during the course of the story.

Hey, is this fanfic still going on? I wanna know how it continues!

ARBOK
    EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Arbok4Ever View Post
    Hey, is this fanfic still going on? I wanna know how it continues!
    Progress has been slow, but I have not stopped, and soon my schedule will open up considerably and give me more time for other things like this.

Can you please keep doing it. I know it's been about half a year, but this is a great fanfic.
    B2W2 All-Stars Team
    Emboar
    Starmie
    Leavanny
    Skarmory
    Ampharos
    Krookodile

Spoiler:- Shiny Hunt:

Spoiler:- My Black Team (Current):

I could get back into it, I think. I loved the ideas I had, but execution of them wasn't my strong point. I'll see what I have going for the next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    I could get back into it, I think. I loved the ideas I had, but execution of them wasn't my strong point. I'll see what I have going for the next chapter.
    Yes!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I love this fanfic, and I hope you can keep it gong.
    B2W2 All-Stars Team
    Emboar
    Starmie
    Leavanny
    Skarmory
    Ampharos
    Krookodile

Spoiler:- Shiny Hunt:

Spoiler:- My Black Team (Current):

Its been a long time since I posted a chapter, but I hope it was worth the time I decided to put into it. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

The pack was light by necessity; nobody wants to being carrying around a lot of weight when on the run. Hiding in a grove of trees, they began to examine what they had acquired as they escaped.

Carson had to admit that he was excited; he had clearly felt a Poke Ball when he had dug for the flashlight. Well, let’s see what I get, he thought. He’d been hoping to train a new creature, having progressed with his old ones considerably with his training. Unfortunately, that thought brought back memories of what had ended just yesterday; another home, taken from him. And now? He would have no more homes. At least, not for a while. For a reason he didn’t know, he needed to be on the run now.

What did he have now? Just his Pokemon, some stuff to keep him alive, and a family of people he barely knew. Though, he thought, there was Lessa.

Being his only choice wasn’t a reason to choose her. She was noticably pretty, assumedly streetwise, and personable in many ways. He appraised her silently, while she was staring into space, and dug into the pack. “Something here might… be heartening,” he commented.

Had he been alone, he would have sighed, for he was so clueless as to what to say to the three under the circumstances. He decided the best course of action was to be more upbeat than them, but he didn’t expect being happy a simple task in a group of people with a recently deceased relative, never mind so close of one.

And, Carson himself was sad for another reason; Ethan, almost like a second father, was dead at worst, on the run at best, and at the middle ground captive. There would be no more learning from a master; from then on, it would be learning by experience.

They began to pull out supplies from their survival source. It was good to see food, canned and packaged of such, tightly sealed water bottles (two per pack), and other tools for their well being while hiding out.

Then they emerged; the lustrous, red topped Poke Balls, first from the pack of Mrs. Sakamoto. Carson didn’t want to admit that, even in their situation, he was still excited as to their contents. He berated himself for what he took as acting like a ten-year-old as he dug into the pack to produce his Poke Ball.

Specifics aside, they decided to observe the contents of the Poke Balls one at a time, sitting with their backs to trees in the most clear area around. With his own, the first they decided to check, Carson first observed a splash of green, seemingly of paint. It tipped a long tail, which he followed to the body belonging to a dog of tan. It looked around, observing the surroundings that it found. Carson figured it must be surprised; it may have felt just a second ago to the creature when it had been stored inside the Poke Ball for the benefit of the person who just might need it. Was it months, or years, that it had been contained?

Seeing the surrounding individuals and sensing no threat, it walked over, standing upright, to the small clearing they had camped in at the grove, plopping its body down somewhat humorously between the sitting Tam and Lessa.

Unsurprisingly, the rest of them paid no attention to the humor of the creature, and thus Carson did not, being in the presence of a largely depressed family. He remembered the name for the doglike Pokemon, Smeargle, for it was a locally present creature in the region. Moving on, he turned to Lessa, to his right.

She needed no vocal urging; she simply released the Pokemon, as she sat slumped against a small tree.

Carson, quietly observing them all, found a new creature standing before him: an insect, clad largely in white. It crawled around for a moment, using its feelers to observe the surroundings with touch. Finding itself safe as well, it clambered around the grove feeling the ground.

Unsure of what it was, Carson tentatively approached it. It backed away in the direction of its capsule. Lessa decided to return it to its Poke Ball, then placing it in the pack again.

“That’s two down,” Carson stated. “Should we… see what’s in the others?”

Silence.

“I’d like to see this one,” Jack said meekly.

“Go on, then.”

The next creature was revealed, slithering forth after exiting its containment. Long and sleek, it was a Dratini for sure. Although Carson had never seen one, images of them had appeared in textbooks and guidebooks, stating it to be somewhat rare.

He realized, as it moved towards them, that he wanted this one. But put in this leadership position so early on, he knew he had to cater to the rest of them. They would discuss use of the Pokemon later. The final one was to be released, this one from Carson’s pack.

He searched for more words. “Last one,” he decided upon saying. “Let’s finish this now, and start traveling.”

Not waiting for input that he wouldn’t receive, he pressed the last button of the day.

Despite themselves, they were all slightly off put when a ghostly figure appeared out of it.

It was another unknown creature to Carson, definitely foreign. Levitating in midair and gray all around, it had a lighter tinged coloration in a skull like covering of its face. A glow resonated through the eyes of the “skull”, hauntingly. Despite its appearance, it was no less docile than the others. It wheezed a bit while hovering over to the other Pokemon, who had sat in front of their group of people.

Carson knew that it was useless to designate ownership with their group like this. He rose, and, one by one, returned the Pokemon to their Poke Balls.

Observing where the sun had taken place in the sky, he made the executive decision to move on ahead. “We need to get going,” he said, in the tone of a leader not too strict, but not willing to let his group be held down by themselves.

He could lead them. It was an obvious necessity that their group needed him for this. Whatever misgivings he might have, this was about staying alive. First, he needed to set a goal.

He efficiently acquired the regional map, handy in the pack, and observed. Based on the distance, they had to be on Route 38, somewhere. He could not judge where, not based on any information, but with some orienting, they could make their way to the next settlement, Ecruteak City.

It occurred to him that the enemy, whoever they might be, might think that Carson’s group would travel there. In that case, they would have to lay low. Either inconspicuously in the general public, where they were hard to pick out and harder to capture (or kill) without unwanted attention and capture successfully, or hiding. Maneuvering in the city would be difficult while hiding in the surroundings, and they would have to come out some time, or being in the city would be useless anyway.

He wondered whether it would be necessary at all to hide. What was the chance that they would be able to coordinate another attack when they didn’t know where his group was going?

They would be after him sometime, he knew. He’d been said to be important. The Sakamotos knew something they shouldn’t. Safety was a priority. That’s why they needed to lay low, hid when possible, he realized. If there was a high margin of error, they would be in danger. They were in danger even now. That’s why he needed to lead them.

He readied to relay the specifics of his plan. “We’re going to Ecruteak,” he informed. “And we need to lay low. Hide when possible, and when necessary to reveal ourselves, we be inconspicuous.”

“You realize that if they know anything, they’ll know that Ecruteak is our destination?” Tam blurted. rather loudly.

“I already thought of that. If they believe we might think of that, they will target Olivine and Ecruteak. Either way, they’ll have a way to find us. We must work as cautiously as possible while doing that which might seem obvious.”

Tam, sullen still even after an outburst, nodded. He expected some resistance with her, as she was much older than he was and was the mother of the other two. But he needed to keep them safe, beyond the ways of a desperate mother.

Then he had misgivings, as they walked towards the likely direction of the road of Route 38, to make sure they went the right way. Maybe Tam was better equipped to safely guide them. But how could she do so while all three of their family were suffering loss? Before she made any executive decisions, she couldn’t be so overrun by grief.

As they walked, Carson wondered why he wasn’t grieving over their dad. While there were logical reasons, the death of both his parents, and the fact that he barely knew Mr. Sakamoto, he could not help but feel… unfeeling, but maybe that made it all the better when he was leading.

Being a leader was hard stuff. It wasn’t easy deciding another person’s actions, especially when you were unsure of your own. Could he do it?

The answers were all ahead.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><>

The report reached HQ minutes minutes after the raid. “Green Unit Squad Four reporting in. Mission failed.”

The receiver passed the information on immediately to his superior, as the report was recited. “Target escaped. Codename: Turning Point retreated through an unknown exit. Enemy agent Ethan Nox attacked Captain Coteli and Lieutenant Jenson, giving the escapees necessary time. Captain Coteli escape by air, with Ethan Nox hostage. A middle-aged man was caught in gunfire and shot in the chest, dead, name unknown. The target escaped with a woman, teenage female, and younger male. Those accompanying the target are presumed to be the wife and children of the fatality.”

The information reached the room of the superior, a lamp lit beside him at his desk. He preferred the dramatic and strategic uses of darkness, but he needed sight for his work. The earpiece hummed with the information, and he took it with an agitated expression, slamming his fist down on the table. But, excepting the circumstances of the real target’s escape, he had Ethan Nox, one of the most dangerous enemies of his. While he hid his emotion, he was really driven by desire for revenge. Someone had been killed that was close to him by their organization, and while he had an idea who, he was unsure.

“The subject’s whereabouts are unknown. Squad Leader, Captain Coteli, has predicted that they have retreated underground, and are arriving at an area near Route 38. Their destination is most likely Ecruteak, but he suggests sending a team to Olivine to be sure they did not circle back.”

The superior leader, the man at the desk, replied to the receiver. “Tell Coteli that I can give the orders, smartass.” He knew that Max would take it as a joke; they were well acquainted friends.

“Dispatch Red Unit Squads Two and Three to the border of Ecruteak, Route 38. Tell Captain Connor that the target, Codename: Turning Point, will be entering Ecruteak. She can brief Captain Nesaf. Connor will know what to do. Dispatch Orange Unit Two to the border of Olivine, Route 39. Captain Borsch will be aware of the circumstances if you inform him of the targets possible retreat to Olivine through Route 38. Both units must arrive at their respective areas promptly.”

“Yes, sir,” the receiver said, a communications officer. “The teams will be informed immediately.”

The man at the desk wasted no time; he canceled the call and leaned back in his chair, thinking deeply. This target, this Carson, very important in multiple ways, could escape again. He was strong of mind, and had obviously trained with Ethan Nox. His escape could happen again. The agents strewn across the region, all powerful and trustworthy, would need to be put into action. Some could gain his trust. One was even a double agent. They needed to mobilize against Carson if he succeeded in maneuvering further. Just as well, the enemy would strike back, in the instance that Carson was captured, requiring defense. So many possible outcomes, but he calculated as many as he could. His chances of success, his organization’s chances, were high. But he knew the tide could be turned, which was why he would need to act strategically.

The tide was turning more and more in his favor. He needed to ride the tide up to the shores, where the prize waited. All he needed was a successfully capture.

Carson could not hide for long, not against all of his potential enemies. It was nearing the time.
    ------------------------------------

That's it for this one. More is in the works, so if you want it, inform me that this is so, and I will be more likely to work faster towards a goal of completion.

Please write more, this is great.
    I can give away bred level 1 charmanders for basically anything pm for info.
    friend code for black- 4556-7665-1124
    Black 2- 4685-6368-2065

Goddamn, this is intriguing! XD
    Please write more!

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12