Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dreams by the Yard Full (665)

Did anyone else notice that they finally made the Pokedex's voice sound more electronic. I never really like the previous one, it just sounded like a creepy guy was standing behind Ash sort of telling him in his ears. I'm glad that it sounds more robotic/electronic. Great episode though. Awesome.

3DS FC: 1950-8136-0088

Decent episode. Ash beat Cilan even with a type disadvantage. As for Team Rocket, I like how they're being more serious, but the upcoming missions they're doing doesn't seem to be good. Who knows what the writers plan to do with Team Rocket in the future?

So Ash wins his first badge. That's good for him as now his journey is up and running . In the first half I didn't like Ash's Amnesia towards the multiple nurse joys, and I still don't like it how Ash has amnesia to just about everything.

Now to the what the title of the episode is talking about and to be honest I think it was too short and it all happened so fast. Team rocket sets up machine, gets a reaction, axew falls asleep, Pokemon need help, Drive to the dreamyard, musharna has been saved and Team rocket disappear. That happened in the space of 10 minutes I think? Or maybe a little less.

Finally, Cilan decides to join ash on his journey to become a better Pokemon Bree- woops I mean connoisseur. Speaking of which I don't like the copy of season 1 in which Ash now is travelling with the gym leader from the first gym, it seems so unoriginal. I know people will say that the writers are not aiming the animé at us who have watched season 1 but as a writer isn't it a bit boring to reuse a plot almost to the letter? Maybe the guys in the office are just running out of ideas.

I liked the episode but I found that the dreamyard part was rushed and deserved an entire episode but that's my opinion.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Wow. I absolutely loved this episode. It - along with "In the Shadow of Zekrom!" and "Enter Iris and Axew!" - is my favourite Black and White episode so far. The continuation of the Gym battle was far superior than what it was in the previous episode, and the music was amazing. There was brilliant eeriness throughout the second-half of the episode, and Team Rocket were fabulous - I love the new, hardened Jessie, James and Meowth. It was excellent to see them do something somewhat evil, even if it was only firing a laser that didn't really hurt anyone. The episode was paced perfectly, and gave off a Metroid: Other M feel at times. I have nothing to fault.

10/10.

Did anyone else catch Cress saying, "Best wishes on your journey" to Cilan when he was leaving? ^_^

I loved watching the trio at the end. Their chemistry is amazing. The DP trio is like cardboard in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    I loved watching the trio at the end. Their chemistry is amazing. The DP trio is like cardboard in comparison.
    Yeah, even the last minute with the BW trio was better than the whole DP trio. Dawn and Ash were great, but Dawn, Ash and Brock were not. Iris' mood seems to have lifted now that Cilan's travelling with Ash and her.

I absolutely loved the way Dento Cilan annoyed the hell out of Ash, but I agree that "Tasting Time" was far more epic.

Also, there were some points where Cilan's poetic rants would sound a little out of place, like when Fennel was reunited with Musharna. He sounded almost too excited.

But like I said, he was great for just about the rest of the episode, but I'm probably biased... being a major Dento fan and all.

Team Rocket are really trying to impress, aren’t they? Although I know what their next mission is, everything seems to have a totally different effect in English, so I'm looking forward to hearing about them all over again.

All in all... I would give this episode 9/10 mainly for the focus on Cilan, Team Rockets semi-success and the enjoyable ending scene.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/11gmw6f.png[/IMG]
    Comming Soon...

Thanks to Skiyomi for the great banner!

"The time for the battle to be served is here!" More lengthy than "Tasting Time," and not as fabulous, but I admit it's not as bizarre. Also, did anyone else notice that the girl with the pigtails disappeared in this episode?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Have they changed any of team rocket's lines to be more lighthearted in the dub?
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

*sigh*
    Dub music. I knew it was too good to be true.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Audino's pronunciation is interesting, I could never figure out how it's suppose to be pronounced but the way it was in the dub sounded right to me.

I wish they kept Cilan's "It's Tasting Time", I liked it. Although his other fits just as well.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    He's a bit annoying and he kinda creeps me out.
    (For those of you who don't know who "he" is, he's Cilan.)
    Lol so true. Cilan is creepy. :P But that's why he's so awesome--because he's so weird!
    But I admit he can be a little annoying sometimes. Who really liked his speech at the end where Fennel was with Musharna again?
    Fennel was okay, but she really didn't do much. She just walked in the Pokemon Center, went in the car with Officer Jenny, said her backstory, then was reunited with Musharna. She was either talking or walking (or sitting in the car) with them almost the whole time. :/
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

This episode felt like it was rushed. I'm glad that they left us with a cliff hanger on last weeks episode but at the same time sadden that they had to cut out much of screen time with Munna & Musharna.

Cilan deciding to join Ash on his journey; That's great! I wonder how this connoisseur will react as Ash continues to astonish him with his uniqueness. Funny to see Ash pressurized.

Everything else was OK. Rushed but still good.

8/10.

I'm soo looking forward to this weeks episode.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

I liked the episode, but the Dreamyard part was rushed. It could have easily went into another episode. But the gym battle got closure, so that's good.

I guess this is the real beginning of the series, we've got our trio. The best part was when they all said what they wanted to be, and Iris said it's a secret. Come on 8th gym battle!

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Gah. Musharna looks plain ugly when awake. Also, what is Iris trying to be?
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

I like the VA they got for Fennel she does a good job of portraying Fennel's more feminine nature.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

With the exception of Team Rocket's usual failure to come off as a threat, I actually enjoyed this episode, though it was mostly because Cilan was added to the mix. I actually noticed at the end that the three heroes have great chemistry in a group and now I'm excited to see where it'll take them. Cilan is undoubtedly my favorite character this season.

I got a little freaked out when Cilan slowly got excited after looking back and forth between Ash and Iris at the gym. But after reconsidering, I thought it was funny.

It's like somebody was telling Cilan "The girl is away. He's all yours, boy."

Was a great episode, Black and White has had a brilliant start so far, in comparison to DP. I agree that the dream parts of the episode were quite rushed, but was interesting nonetheless. Fennel had a great voice, as did most of the side characters I've noticed this season. The gym battle was awesome, nice innovation by Ash like usual.

Finally the trio of BW are assembled! I guess Iris will be the 8th gym leader in the anime as well, that will no doubt be a very interesting episode late in the 3rd season of BW when Ash tries for his 8th badge. Too bad we'll have to wait over 2 years to see it.

And yeah, Cress saying " Best Wishes on your journey" to Cilan was totally a tribute to the Japanese version, nice job by the writers!
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/rh4od5.jpg[/IMG]
    Currently Playing: Killzone 3, Atelier Rorona, LBP2
    Upcoming: MotorStorm: Apocalypse, Brink, Uncharted 3

Currently Watching:
    FMA: Brotherhood, Spice and Wolf, Pokemon,

Sweet episode!

I'm also hedging my bets that Iris is the 8th Gym Leader [seeing as White, annoyingly, has the superior game features].

First time I've seen the Munna evo though [I haven't yet been able to play my copy of Black - but I will be able to with my Aqua Blue 3DS on Friday].
    That's a hideous design. Lazy too, as it's just Munna in a purple jumpsuit.

Meh. Maybe it'll look better in-game... *he doubts it though*

Enjoyed the episode again im liking Clian hes cool but not in a cocky kind of way hes kinda laid back and eager to learn off Ash. Wasnt sure on the new officer Jenny though but liked the little sub plot to the episode as well as the conclusion to the gym battle.

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post
    Gah. Musharna looks plain ugly when awake.
    You mean it doesn't when it's asleep?

Musharna looks creapy with its eyes open O,O
    but munna is just really cute =3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

What a dramatic change in Team Rocket's escape now...

i love the new b.a. team rocket. they really shine in this episode.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast