Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Snivy Plays Hard to Catch! (666)

Default Snivy Plays Hard to Catch! (666)

Get Snivy With Attract!?

Heading towards Shippou City, Ash & Co. enter a forest. However, they soon encounter the Grass Snake Pokémon; Snivy who takes Dento's cakes. Ash, eager to capture it, sends his Pokéon to stop. However, the Snivy is of the opposite gender and is capable of stopping most of Ash's Pokémon in their tracks. Can Ash get Snivy?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Oh this episode had everyone hopping around for quite a while. Can't wait to see what turns out.

It was strange seeing Jessie trying to capture Tsutarja as some point.. Probably she still has the connection with snakes.
    Mijumaru is a male too, btw. It seems that Mampato might be a female, but lets see.
    Last edited by Ash-kid; 28th October 2010 at 12:34 PM.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Does it reveal Miju's gender?

Best Wishes Reviewer
    BW001 | BW002 | BW003 | BW004 | BW005

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfan View Post
    Does it reveal Miju's gender?
    Yep. Sadly, it's Male.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Mijumaru is male, and Mampeto is female.

Mamepato is officially a chick
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

- So Pikachu got atracted its was going to get Vine whiped but Ash stood in front, that got Tsutarja admiration.
    - Team Rocket tries to get Tsutarja fails.
    - Tsutarja is seen thinking about Ash saving Pikachu and seems like its admired by him.
    - Mamepato is sent to look for Tsutarja.
    - Mijumaru wants to battle it gets atracted and KOed by Vine Whipe, so Mijumaru is male.
    - Ash chases Tsutarja and gets stuck in mud with Pikachu.
    - Tsutarja is still thinkiong about Ash.
    - Ash says he still wants to capture it and wont quit after aparently Dento and Iris try to convice him not to.
    - Mamepato finds Tsutarja again, Pokabu is sent out and gets Atracted also, Ash withrawns it.
    - Mamepato turn, Mamepato is not affected it female it seems, BAH I wanted a male one the female one look like a pidgeon from the street, Ash is admired he didnt know Mamepato was female it seems lol.
    - Mamepato puts a nice battle, beats him and Ash captures Tsutarja, the haters can shut up now Mamepato got a really nice redemption episode, shame its female but it seems like a good battler, Ash captures Tsutarja, episode ends.

Aweomse to get a normal capture once in a while besides the bird, really liked that Ash had to chase it around the entire episode to get it.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 28th October 2010 at 12:59 PM.

I can't believe people really thought Ash wasn't going to get Tsutarja, the signs were so obvious.

The parallels between Isshu and Kanto are uncanny.

This was the best capture episode of Ash's Isshu starters, Mijumaru's was half filler and Pokabu's was a rehash.

I totally wasn't expecting Jessie to try to capture it, that definitely would have been interesting if she did, though.

So it looks like all the genders of Ash's team are confirmed now, it was good to finally see Mamepato get some spotlight, it needed it.

This was a pretty good episode, the best one I've seen so far, I enjoyed it a lot.

Tsutarja is male
    Yeah.... no. Tsutarja's a chick.

Ash catches Tsutarja? -lets out a huge breath- Whew. I was hoping they wouldn't pull a Buizel and let Iris/Dento catch it.

Best Wishes Reviewer
    BW001 | BW002 | BW003 | BW004 | BW005

Was an ok episode. I wonder what Giovanni was saying to Team Rocket though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    - So Pikachu got atracted its was going to get Vine whiped but Ash stood in front, that got Tsutarja admiration.
    - Team Rocket tries to get Tsutarja fails.
    - Tsutarja is seen thinking about Ash saving Pikachu and seems like its admired by him.
    - Mamepato is sent to look for Tsutarja.
    - Mijumaru wants to battle it gets atracted and KOed by Vine Whipe, so Tsutarja is male.
    - Ash chases Tsutarja and gets stuck in mud with Pikachu.
    - Tsutarja is still thinkiong about Ash.
    - Ash says he still wants to capture it and wont quit after aparently Dento and Iris try to convice him not to.
    - Mamepato finds Tsutarja again, Pokabu is sent out and gets Atracted also, Ash withrawns it.
    - Mamepato turn, Mamepato is not affected it female it seems, BAH I wanted a male one the female one look like a pidgeon from the street, Ash is admired he didnt know Mamepato was female it seems lol.
    - Mamepato puts a nice battle, beats him and Ash captures Tsutarja, the haters can shut up now Mamepato got a really nice redemption episode, shame its female but it seems like a good battler, Ash captures Tsutarja, episode ends.

Aweomse to get a normal capture once in a while besides the bird, really liked that Ash had to chase it around the entire episode to get it.

Tsutaja is FEMALE that is why it affected Pikachu cause it's male.
    And it didn't affect Mamepato cause it is also female like Tsutaja.
    Ash has 2 females on his team

I agree, Mamepato being female is probably going to give it its battle against Furou's male Kenhorou... Maybe Ash is going to use Tsutaja there as well, since he was now so obviously shown the gender of his pokemon that he'd recognize Furou's Kenhorou as different then his..

Anyway, nice capture. Mamepato turns out to be beasty! xD
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

And its official Ash is never going to have a gimmicky feature Pokemon ever. So those who say Shikijika might be caught, female Kenhorou SAYS HI!!!!

But I'm sort of letting this one slide because it did redeem the heck out of Mamepato. Still I hope you people are okay with the ugly as sin Kenhorou.

As for Tsutarja, looks like it was Grass Oath after all since I don't remember hearing "Leaf Storm" or "Vine Whip" at all and that only could only mean Grass Oath. Not to mention it didn't look like leaf storm at all. It's one thing to have a different color it's another to be completely redone in the anime.

And everyone who doesn't have an ugly gender difference or is named Tsutarja is male. LOL I don't think anyone really should've expected Ash's other starters to be male, it's already hard to get female starters in the game, so Ash already has one hard to get Pokemon gender, he doesn't need two or possibly three.

And back to Tsutarja, something's seems off on her. I can't really understand what she's all about. I mean one would think she's seductive or something but in this episode, she seemed kind of dark in the "loneliness" side, and yet she's not sure what she wants, it really is sad when you think it like that. So it kind of seems like she's more of a loner than Ash's Sceptile was. I'm foreseeing a potential storyline where Tsutarja doesn't want to open up to anyone, but eventually does and becomes more like Buizel (the seemingly loner type who actually eats with the group), but yeah Tsutarja is pretty extreme in the lonely. Hopefully she'll cheer up later and not seem so dark.

And LOL at Team Rocket's appearance. They only showed up because the episode focused heavily on Tsutarja and Tsutarja saw them.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPrince View Post
    Tsutaja is FEMALE that is why it affected Pikachu cause it's male.
    And it didn't affect Mamepato cause it is also female like Tsutaja.
    Ash has 2 females on his team
    Sorry are you telling me this cause you think I didnt notice or are you just excited? I know that you know...

I dont believe I said Tsutarja was male in any part of my summary, plus the episode title gives it away.

Yes, Pikachu, Mijumaru and Pokabu are male, Tsutarja and Mamepato are female.

Or you just quoted me to prove someone something and you werent actually talking to me?

Dustin, Giovanni told them to stand by on the end of the previows episode so they probably dont have their new orders yet, so they didnt do anything.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 28th October 2010 at 12:47 PM.

Sorry are you telling me this cause you think I didnt notice or are you just excited? I know that you know...

I dont believe I said Tsutarja was male in any part of my summary, plus the episode title gives it away.
    Yes, Pikachu, Mijumaru and Pokabu are male, Tsutarja and Mamepato are female.

Or you just quoted me to prove someone something and you werent actually talking to me?

Dustin, Giovanni told them to stand by on the end of the previows episode so they probably dont have their new orders yet, so they didnt do anything.
    Uhh, check again. You did in the line about Mijumaru being knocked out. It's clear that you meant to say Mijumaru is male, you just typed the wrong thing :P

Anyway, liked this episode. Definitely the best of the captures, and it was great to find out all the genders of Ash's team - I think they'll probably use Tsutarja for this purpose a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmen View Post
    Uhh, check again. You did in the line about Mijumaru being knocked out. It's clear that you meant to say Mijumaru is male, you just typed the wrong thing :P

Anyway, liked this episode. Definitely the best of the captures, and it was great to find out all the genders of Ash's team - I think they'll probably use Tsutarja for this purpose a lot.
    Ahn yeah typo, I went to read it again but I was still thinking of Mijumaru so I didnt even saw the Tsutarja there yeah you're right tks for the correction.

1. What really surprised me from this episode was that Mamepato's a female. I honestly didn't see that coming.

2. I just want to say I love how Mijumaru looked when he was infatuated:
    http://www.filb.de/content/anime/bw/007/247.jpg
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    As for Tsutarja, looks like it was Grass Oath after all since I don't remember hearing "Leaf Storm" or "Vine Whip" at all and that only could only mean Grass Oath. Not to mention it didn't look like leaf storm at all. It's one thing to have a different color it's another to be completely redone in the anime.
    Actually I think that was Grass Mixer
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Funny how Tsutarja smiled when the pokeball was thrown at her the last time. I can't tell if she was happy she was caught or if she was just conceding to Ash.

I'm hoping they'll cover the admiration of Ash a bit in a future episode. She was clearly surprised when Ash was protecting Pikachu, so it makes one wonder if something happened to her in the past. No, I don't want another Pokemon neglected by a trainer, but perhaps there was someone, whether it be a Pokemon or a human, she cared for that hurt her somehow.

I am glad that Ash's Mampeto turned out to be female, and also glad that Ash still has it to begin with. Tsutarja's personality seemed good, but something tells me it'll clash with Mijumaru over Ash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Actually I think that was Grass Mixer
    I have to disagree with you both. We can't yet decide on what it specifically is as this animation for this move hasn't been shown yet. Grass Mixer has been shown to be a lighter variety of green. This lends more credit to Leaf Storm, and in length to Grass Oath.

Yet, I also disagree with Dustin since he figures that its Grass Oath upon the absence of the calling of a name of the move. The move was used by a wild pokemon, thus it would not be possible to hear the name being ordered of the move in question.

So, in my opinion, we'd just have to wait until Ash calls out the move himself.. Lol, we at least now it's not Razor Leaf.. That would be taking too big of a dump on Bayleef's turf, and Bulbasaur by extension of course although with him being male and all...

Does this mean Pokabu and Mijumaru are Males?
    Last edited by Spacialrend; 28th October 2010 at 2:41 PM.
    Kakashi (to Naruto): "I'm telling you this because you don't get it. You think you get it, but it's not the same as actually getting it. Get it?"

Psychic Monotype:
    Fighting Monotype:
    Steel Monotype:
    Fire Monotype:

Quote Originally Posted by Spacialrend View Post
    Does this mean Pokabu and Mijumaru are Males? And, seeing as Attract was ineffective against Mamepato, is female?
    True.. It also means that Mamepato won't have that pink mask and green underbelly when it fully evolves..

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Yet, I also disagree with Dustin since he figures that its Grass Oath upon the absence of the calling of a name of the move. The move was used by a wild pokemon, thus it would not be possible to hear the name being ordered of the move in question.
    WHAT! Ash called out Mamepato's attacks when Mamepato was trying to kick Pikachu's but in BW002, all before Ash caught Mamepato. How is this a different situation?

What I meant was no one acknowledged said move as "Grass Mixer" or "Leaf Storm" so I'm led to believe because it was Grass Oath. I mean after all they did acknowledge Attract, and they likely acknowledged vine whip.

At this point I hope it's not Grass Mixer, since it makes me wonder how weak Shooti's Tsutarja is, since this hypothetical grass mixer looks far better than what Shooti's did.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast