Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Snivy Plays Hard to Catch! (666)

Didn't watch the video yet but from the pictures it seems like Pikachu, Pokabu, and Mijumaru failed because they were all males and Mamepato was female and was able to help Ash a lot here.

I was right about how this turned out, I figured it would only make sense that Ash would win with a female Pokemon which would only be Mijumaru or Mamepato, I was hoping it would be Mamepato and it was.

Can't wait to actually see the video of it though.

EDIT: Also, I'm really glad the writers decided to show the genders of all of Ash's Pokemon. It's not needed but for me it's interesting to know. I hope whatever other Pokemon he gets has it's gender confirmed. I think this is the first time Ash has had two confirmed female Pokemon on his team(Although this is also the first time all of his Pokemon have had their gender confirmed). Hopefully the writers will confirm the genders of James', Jessie's, Iris, and Dento's Pokemon in the future.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 28th October 2010 at 2:55 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I wish it'd be uploaded already! I watch the raw, then subs. I can usually get the gist of what's going on from raws, then the subs help clarify it.

So all that goes on, huh? Is it just me, or does all that stuff said about Tsutaja make her sound emo?

DLBROOKS33

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Furou's male Kenhorou... Maybe Ash is going to use Tsutaja there as well, since he was now so obviously shown the gender of his pokemon that he'd recognize Furou's Kenhorou as different then his..
    Uhhmmm...Fuuro's Kenhorou is female :O

Yeah, I'm glad we know all the genders this early.

I'm honestly surprised Mijumaru is male, since, y'know, attention ***** and all that :O
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

I just wanted to add that it was also nice to see that they added Iris and Dento to the eye-catch.

Things I noticed/cared about enough to post:

-Dento is the cook, who saw that coming!!! (In case your sarcasm radars arent flying off the charts, I'm kidding)
    -Pikachu gets attracted, snake runs away.
    -Team Rocket.
    -OMG, CAN IT BE, MAMEPATO? I'm sure Ash will use it to battle the grass type....oh it was just used to find it so the WATER type can have another battle, screw you writers and overusing that ugly otter.
    -Miju gets Attracted, it gets away, woah Mamepato again!
    -Oh, just used to find it again, oh well yay Pokabu!
    -He gets attracted too, well Ash, you are out of options, use MAMEFREAKINGPATO ALREADY!
    -Mamepato finally gets a decent battle/screentime and weakens the Tsutarja, enough for Ash to capture.

I'm glad Mamepato finally got good screentime and technically won a battle, I just hate how it took all of Ash's other pokemon getting "beat" to do so.

Tsutarja seems like it could be one of Ash's more interesting pokemon, female, with Attract? A whole lot of possibilities, sadly knowing the writers....ugh.
    [IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/2qs5fe1.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://oi52.*******.com/59u7vn.jpg[/img]
    Doryuuzu Excadrill is the best!

This episode was somewhat of a yawner. It was one of the less memorable starter captures. I think attract was more of a gimmick to emphasize that Ash has some female pokemon. Especially with the memepato evolution thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Koh View Post
    I wish it'd be uploaded already! I watch the raw, then subs. I can usually get the gist of what's going on from raws, then the subs help clarify it.

So all that goes on, huh? Is it just me, or does all that stuff said about Tsutaja make her sound emo?
    The raw is out on trackers, Serebii/Filb wouldnt have picture if it wasnt, I am waiting for the Zero Raws 300mb version though, the one that is out is the usual 2gb ones.

i don't think we will be seeing to much of attract according to bulbapedia " Once captured, Tsurarja promised that she will only use Attract when Ash tells her" i really don't see ash using attract to much but we shall see :P

I think that Ash didn't really know mamepato's true strength until now. It looks like now it going to get more screentime. I believe that attract will be one of tsutarja's main attacks.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

i really really liked this episode though like some other people i am not quite sure what to make of tsutarja's attitude to being caught. she seems to like ash alot and had trouble putting him out of her mind when she was running away.

but at the same time it was almost like she either couldn't believe ash was really as nice as he seemed or like she was forcing her self to test him for some reason.

so yeah i really like tsutarja and i really liked this episode but i am not really sure what it was i liked if that makes any sense. hopefully her motivations become a little more clear latter on. becuase right now i got to say even though i am enjoying the mysterious aspect. it's torturous to have a character with this much potential and have to wait for it to be brought to light.

Whoa! the episode 666? O.o?

Yay, I'm happy Ash catched Tsutaraja and all the genders from Ash's pokemon are confirmed.

I just wonder what's next Team Rocket mission? >.<

whatever Teshub.

woah, that is an epic tsutaja, going for the graceful fighting patter huh? what was the grass atack it used to dissapear?
    I am excited by the bgms , its epic. The music is awesome in this show

I loled so hard when tsutaja slapped ash with the vinewhip

Dear people wondering where Mamepato is: YOU CAN SHUT UP NOW!!!

Since people are saying the female Kenhoro is ugly, I should mention that I find the mask thing on the male to be off-putting. Besides, I could care more that Mamepato's female, but I don't, so... yeah.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

So Ash has all three starters again. And two are female. I kind of wished Tsutarja went to someone else like Iris. But I'm going to assume the writers have something in mind for the future of this series, so I won't complain.

As for the episode, what was Iris complaining about this time, and did Dento set her right at all? Seriously, I find Iris annoying.

Err.. Tsutarja is female. Miju and Poku are male because Ash's Pikachu is confirmed to be a boy and was Attracted too.
    So mamepato is female, thank god. I don't want to see that ugly mask every few episodes. It could also mean it stars in the 6th gym vs. Fuuro's Kenhourou. Swellow and Winona anyone?
    I still think Tsutarja used Grass mixer. Grass Oath will probably star in it's own episode alongside the other oaths with one of them taught to one of Ash's starters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

BIGGEST AWESOME FACTOR: All of Ash's pokemon have gender confirmations.

BIGGEST WTF DISAPPOINTMENT: mamepato is female.

For those who say it's Grass Mixer, first of look at Shooti's Tsutarja. Please acknowledge it before just saying the general "animation could've changed"

Secondly when has Grass Mixer or Leaf Storm ever been used as a teleportation type move? Seriously if watch the episode, Tsutarja clearly disappears.

Now as far as I know Grass Oath doesn't do that either, but not only has Grass Oath never been shown before, but it is pretty mysterious in its own right, which would make it more feasible for a grass Pokemon to disappear than Leaf Storm or Grass Mixer.

And look at Grass Oath in the games, it looks pretty much similar to how it is here. Someone argued that it didn't look like a pillar of grass (which if you actually see the it second time Tsutarja, really looks like a huge pillar being launched) but if you notice the games, the grass looks like leaves, so it doesn't have to be real grass.

And for Leaf Storm, well remember in DP it was a spiral, maybe I argued wrong about it being a horizontal attack rather than a vertical but it was still pretty spirally, and if not (thinking of Sceptile's failed leaf storm, and Gardenia's Turtwig's leaf storm), it was just glowing leaves. However there really was a whole bunch of leaves this time less than Leaf Storm which had quite a few.

Now my point is there are only two attacks it could've been. Grass Oath which we have yet to see in the anime, just like this attack. Or an epically redone Leaf Storm. However, I do wonder why give Tsutarja such a strong attack. What about Mijumaru and Pokabu, both have fairly weak attacks (outside Mijumaru's shell blade) so why is Tsutarja getting such a powerful move? Sure maybe I should wait for Pokabu's third move, but seriously it lacks one or else it would've used it against Poddo's Baoppu.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle twig View Post
    So Ash has all three starters again. And two are female. I kind of wished Tsutarja went to someone else like Iris. But I'm going to assume the writers have something in mind for the future of this series, so I won't complain.

As for the episode, what was Iris complaining about this time, and did Dento set her right at all? Seriously, I find Iris annoying.
    Mijumaru and Pokabu are male.

Iris didnt whine about anything this chapter, the kinda made peace between them in the end of 6th episode, they had no discussion, Iris and Dento just told Ash to forget Tsutarja I believe nothing else, she isnt complaining usually, she is mocking Ash wich is kinda funny but no she probably wont do that anymore since they are now an official group, she also was talking with Dento that Ash was doing the same thing again using a Water type versus a grass type.

Bulbapedia says it was Grass Oath.

Wonder if tsutarja will have issues when she evolves into a legless being?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Dento in the eyecatch is totally fabulous
    http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...8260882467.jpg

-So, yeah, it wasn't exactly a huge deal as wo what gender Satoshi's mons were, but it's nice to see that the writers thought it was important enough to make an episode out of it, and confirm Mamepato's gender in the process. I guess they know how to do this stuff right after all.

-I was very entertained with Tsutarja. I'm not sure how far they'll go with her personality, but hey, she's another girl which is great. Maybe we can get something out of her past.

-Oh, this episode totally made up for the little amount of Mamepato we've had.

-TRio sure weren't having a presence in this episode huh? Well, Nyarth did something battle-wise. That's pretty rare. Nyarth needs to do more things.
    Iris didnt whine about anything this chapter
    Well, she did note Satoshi wolfing the food down and was all commenting on the battle. I remember Satoshi saying "Shut up, I got it already" to her at one point.

Speaking of which, I love this group here. I don't feel like it's two separate clubs like Ash can only interact with Dawn or Brock. It's like these guys are one tight-knit group.
    Last edited by garfield15; 28th October 2010 at 11:52 PM.

REMINDER TO EVERYONE: Discussing where to get raws/subs/etc is not kosher here. Stop doing it.

-The ep starts with...food time! Iris and Ash seem perfectly happy to eat raw fruit, but Dento insists on cooking it. As expected, he's an awesome cook who also happens to keep a crapload of cooking implements in his tiny, tiny bag.
    -The extra food went missing. And grass is rustling. What could possibly have stolen the food?
    -A Tsutarja. Yep. And once again Ash is being dumb and not weakening stuff before trying to catch it.
    -I have to say, this brings a whole new meaning to the tall grass in the games. It's literally person height!
    -I'm continuing to love the orchestral version of game music(in this case, the wild Pokemon battle music)
    -Tsutarja seems surprised at Ash protecting Pikachu. Hmm...
    -And then it disappears like a goddamned ninja.
    -And Iris is saying stuff about a trainer. I'm sure this would make good background info if I understood Japanese!
    -Come to think of it, didn't these guys basically leave an entire campground of stuff sitting back where they came from? Why is that bugging me NOW? Why is it even bugging me at all?
    -Hey! It's Mamepato! Now people can stop whining about it until the next episode where it doesn't show up! (at which point it'll immediately be OMG OVERSHADOWED AND FORGOTTEN again)
    -Team Rocket! And Tsutarja is spying on them?
    -Jessie's trying to catch it! I know she won't succeed, but at least she's trying.
    -Meowth is fighting? Outside of the annual Meowth Character Development Episode? What is this tomfoolery?
    -I sense a "Tsutarja doesn't trust humans for some reason" plot sometime in the future.
    -Hahaha Miji's appearence got paired with one of those...drum things...that you hear alongside samurai stuff a lot. You all know what I mean.
    -Oh my god Mijimaru standing on Ash's head is SO CUTE.
    -The animators sure love recycling that Water Gun animation.
    -I approve of the "Iris is constantly smack talking Ash while Dento is impressed with Ash" theme that seems to be developing.
    -Attention people whining about other people calling Dento fabulous: HE IS PRANCING IN THE EYECATCH. I rest my case.
    -I find it hard to believe that a lillypad can support the weight of the person. Even if it IS a giant lillypad.
    -...oh wait, it's actually sinking. NEVERMIND. And it's in some sort of quicksand, to boot!
    -But Iris and Dento save the day before Tsutarja has to make a moral decision about letting a human and a Pikachu drown in a bog.
    -Ash won't let a brush with disaster deter him from getting that Pokemon! Good for him?
    -The animators love reusing Pokabu's Ember animation even more than they love reusing Mijimaru's Water Gun animation!
    -Lovesick Pokabu sounds freaking weird.
    -Ash finally remembers that he has a Mamepato he can battle with!
    -It's official:Mamepato is either gay or female! But we all know writers are never going to make a Pokemon be gay. (certain DP episodes aside)
    -I'm not sure what Ash just said, but it was so stupid the music cut off and everyone had a "...dumbass" shot.
    -Ash finally gets the damned thing, and the episode ends with his team circling around him in the Generic Background dimension.

Pretty decent capture episode. They're clearly hinting at something with Tsutarja's constant surprise towards Ash & Pikachu being BFFs. Although I do hope Tsutarja stays a bit of a loner throughout its time here, since that's a trait we really haven't seen out of any of Ash's Pokemon so far.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Couple observations I don't think people have noticed (or at least, haven't said if they did):

-Tsutarja seems to be another abandoned 'mon, if I get the gist of what Iris was saying after the first encounter. Based on the rarity and the moves it knew.
    -Mijumaru vs Tsutarja: Iris is again whining about type matchups, Ash probably saying something about "battles aren't just about types" as he has said in the past, I believe.
    -Pokabu vs Tsutarja: Iris warning him again about Attract, seeing Ash is making a better type decision. "Yeah I got it! / Shut up, I know!" based on interpretation.
    -Iris and Dento believe Ash is some kind of battle genius for sending out (female) Mamepato, he seems to reply that he had no idea it was female which is why everybody facefaults.
    -Before the last throw of the Pokeball, Tsutarja gives a little smirk. This could mean that it wanted to be caught by this point. It's seemed mistrustful the entire episode after being abandoned. Seeing that Ash cares enough for Pikachu that he's willing to take a Vine Whip for it, coupled with his tenacity, I believe Tsutarja just decided "sure, why not?" Or along the same line of thought, Ash just earned her respect.

Again though, just rough guesses. Context isn't that hard to grasp thankfully. Just the finer details that are often confusing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast