Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Snivy Plays Hard to Catch! (666)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    - Is it just me, or does Ash have no type theory this time going, as he's perfectly willing to put Mijumaru at risk? That, or he just doesn't care about typing...
    I thought we figured that out last episode (and he says it again in this episode) when he states "Types don't matter in a Pokemon battle."
    - Some kind of Eureka moment was had between Iris and Dento... I'm gonna need subs on this one. If only for this scene and the TR scene. Battles I can handle.
    - Wow, Ash pulled a fail moment there. Not sure what he said, but whatever it was, everyone felt it: Iris, Dento, Pikachu... even the music. Oy, Ash, learn dammit, LEARN!
    Basically Dento realizes that Mamepato is a female and he and Iris believe that Satoshi sent Mamepato out on purpose this time because he knew that. Iris even says "I think a little better of him now."

Satoshi actually had no idea.

Cue facefaults and "Iris is not amused" face XD
    Last edited by garfield15; 30th October 2010 at 3:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    Basically Dento realizes that Mamepato is a female and he and Iris believe that Satoshi sent Mamepato out on purpose this time because he knew that. Iris even says "I think a little better of him now."

Satoshi actually had no idea.

Cue facefaults and "Iris is not amused" face XD
    ROFL! Oh lord, that just makes it even funnier.

In short:

Dento: So... Mamepato is Female, maybe it's because he wanted to see what combination worked and just saving it for last.
    Iris: Ash, using that kind of strategy? Oh wow, maybe he is a pretty decent trainer.
    Ash: I.... uh... I actually didn't know.
    Dento: Oh...
    Iris: Please tell me you're kidding.

So, Ash was pretty much just chucking all his Pokemon at Tsutarja in hopes that something would work, and his Mamepato just so happens to be female.

I suddenly like this episode a lot more now. I love little bursts of comedy like this. .

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

ROFL! Oh lord, that just makes it even funnier.

In short:

Dento: So... Mamepato is Female, maybe it's because he wanted to see what combination worked and just saving it for last.
    Iris: Ash, using that kind of strategy? Oh wow, maybe he is a pretty decent trainer.
    Ash: I.... uh... I actually didn't know.
    Dento: Oh...
    Iris: Please tell me you're kidding.

So, Ash was pretty much just chucking all his Pokemon at Tsutarja in hopes that something would work, and his Mamepato just so happens to be female.

I suddenly like this episode a lot more now. I love little bursts of comedy like this. .

C_L
    Yeah, it was like...
    Dento: "I see! Mamepato is female!"
    Iris: "I get it! Attract won't work on another female!"
    Dento: "And Satoshi knew it the whole time. That's why he sent out Mamepato to battle."
    Iris: "Eh? That was a pretty good idea. I think a little better of him now"
    Satoshi: "Mamepato is a female huh....I had no idea at all"
    (Cue facefaults)

What made the scene hilarious was how the music killed itself.

Hmmm...I really need to see this ep subbed...I think after Tsutarja used that leafy move Dento mentioned something about a trainer....maybe he assumed it was Grass Oath and it couldn't have learn it if it were a wild pkmn so it was previously owned by a trainer>.>

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

"I've never done anything under the influence of my mind"
    Of course you don't Satoshi. Of course you don't. W...we definitely had realized that a long time ago.

-Something I didn't catch the first time was that how Tsutarja apparently refuse to listen to and even abandon their own trainers if they don't like them enough. Writers, please do not drop this plotline. This could be a great backup to training Tsutarja and may even give her some background.

-Fan-thought, wouldn't be interesting if the guy who ditched Pokabu also had this Tsutarja and it left him? Also, I can't remember if it was here, but I liked the idea of Mijimaru and Pokabu competing with each other for Tsutarja's love. It just seems like something Miju would do.

-The writers definitely know what they're doing with the TRio here. Kojirou makes it clear that one Pokemon is not going to work. I expect something good to happen with those guys.
    Last edited by garfield15; 30th October 2010 at 2:46 PM.

I watched the episode this time with subs and I have to say, the dialog is epic. There were some interesting tidbits in there. This could be used as a plotline for shooti and his TARJA!

The animation is divine. The shell blade animation of charging up and tsutaja and the voice casting is all so good, YAY for opening updates too.

The dialog moments of epicness were
    ash: Shut IT don't you think I know that!?
    iris: What is he thinking?

That is hilarious cuz he just told her he never makes a decision based on startegy or though which is freaking hilarious.

Dento's comments are FAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS. I liked the insightful discussion about the tsutaja's and what he said about mijumaru
    Last edited by arceus7; 30th October 2010 at 7:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Have you seen the female version of Mamepato's final evolution?
    i usually don;t care at all about a pokemon's appearance. i can count the number of pokemon i actually thought were ugly on one hand and even those grew on me. but i have seen so many talk about how ugly the female version is that i decided i had to look it up and compare them.

i am totally shocked people actually wanted ash's mamepato to have that ugly mask thing? 0.0 ..........

i mean if she was a male i'd have got used to it but no question to which is the uglier and it's not the female version.

Quote Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
    i mean if she was a male i'd have got used to it but no question to which is the uglier and it's not the female version.
    I don't get that, can someone please tell me why the pink mask is just so hideous?

I don't understand that at all why people dislike the pink mask so much.

Because the evolution doesn't make sense
    Um there are a lot of examples where the evolutions don't make sense, regardless if there's a legend beyond such crazy evolution, since this is based on real life male animals being more appealing than the females, how does this not make sense.

It's Pink, the colors don't make sense
    Yes because the other Pokemon that change color schemes during evolution make so much more sense than this... please.

However just look at the female Kenhorou, it has nothing of interest except being a better flier than the male. I cannot see how the female Kenhorou appeals more to people than the pink mask. Do some of you dislike the color pink? Do you have the same dislike of Shiny Male Kenhorou?

I mean this episode proves were going to have the boring ugly version, but I can't see how people think that's a good thing.

Oh well, I guess there are some things I'll never understand. It probably would be like saying Pikachu is the ugliest Pokemon.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

LOL, the subbed episode is up. This scene is classic Ash:

Iris: I hear that Tsutarja are incredbly smart Pokemon, due to that, they will refrain from listening to an amateur trainer, causing abandonment in most cases.
    Dent: The Tsutarja we just saw seems to fit that predicament.
    Ash: If that's the case, it just makes me want to go after her even more! I'll definitely catch her!
    Iris: Hold it, you two should really think clearly about this.
    Ash: I've never done anything under the influence of my mind! *calls out Mamepato*, Mamepato, be on the lookout for Tsutarja!

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't get that, can someone please tell me why the pink mask is just so hideous?

I don't understand that at all why people dislike the pink mask so much.
    Well, that may have something to do with that it sticks out like a sore thumb on fire. Why does a male Pokemon need a pink mask? It looks like it just came back from Mardi Gras. I'm sorry, but I just can't take something like that completely seriously.

It's a pink mask. On a bird.
    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    However just look at the female Kenhorou, it has nothing of interest except being a better flier than the male. I cannot see how the female Kenhorou appeals more to people than the pink mask. Do some of you dislike the color pink? Do you have the same dislike of Shiny Male Kenhorou?
    Personally, I prefer boring and nothing of interest as opposed to "Mardi Gras bird."

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    Well, that may have something to do with that it sticks out like a sore thumb on fire. Why does a male Pokemon need a pink mask? It looks like it just came back from Mardi Gras. I'm sorry, but I just can't take something like that completely seriously.

It's a pink mask. On a bird.
    Personally, I prefer boring and nothing of interest as opposed to "Mardi Gras bird."
    Male birds are often the more flashy of the two genders. The most extreme case being peacocks. These are the kind of bird that Kenhorou is based on:

http://www.dungevalley.co.uk/Birds/pheasant.jpg
    http://www.english-country-garden.co...pheasant-1.jpg

The male is the one with the pink mask.

Now your own inability to take the color pink seriously and resort to childish name callings and derogatory remarks about the mardi gras are of no concern to the writers.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

(Nothing I say here ever has been of concern to the writers. Especially considering I'm out of the target range and I don't live in Japan. That's kinda dumb to think like that anyway)

And that's some interesting FYI that I did not know about peacocks, thus I shall eat that humble pie. I still hate the mask though and am glad Mamepato is a female because of it.

Yay subbed version is up. I'm honestly amazed at myself for actually wanting to watch this subbed... instead of being ridiculously patient and waiting for it to be dubbed. But hey, my interpretation skills only go so far, and with quite a bit of dialogue being exchanged, I kind of like to want to know what's going on.

So, bullet time again, for some "updates":
    - Meal time clarification, turns out Dento ground some of the berries into powder to make flour (don't ask), and make some kind of pastry/bread or something out of them.
    - Despite Iris preferring to "forage" for things, she decides to try them anyways, and as it turns out she likes it.
    - Turns out Dento made more, so they go to get some, only to find that they're gone.
    - When Ash goes to blindly catch it, Iris: "Without thinking, again?" Yes, sadly, yes.
    - Iris presumes that, because it actually went inside the pokeball, that it must be a wild Tsutarja.
    - Dento: "Tsutarja are well know for their Swift Speed and Cleverness" Yeah, avoiding the image of Tsutarja with a top hat, monocle and cane is pretty much impossible now... except this one's a girl. So it would be a parasol and... damn, can't think of anything. Carrying on.
    - Iris: "It's making a fool out of you." It's official, Smuglass is hilariously awesome XD.
    - Iris, after Tsutarja uses Attract: "Since that move affected Pikachu, it has to be a female." So, knowing Attract automatically makes you a female Pokemon. Uh-huh...
    - So, now Dento is suspecting that she's a potentially abandoned Pokemon due to her moveset and whatnot.
    - Oh, so yeah, little tidbit involving Tsutarja/Amateur trainer information.
    - "I've never done anything under the influence of my mind" I'm just going to guess that it translates as "I've never thought anything through and just charge ahead". Wow, I've never known Ash to be that blunt about things.
    - "A mysterious organization is making their move through Isshu. Be wary of your actions." That practically CONFIRMS TP. YEAH!!!
    - James suggests they "strengthen their forces". Wait... TR using common sense/being intelligent for once? Heh?
    - Fury Swipes = Disturbing Scratch, What?? Is it just me or did the subbers translate everything as literal as possible?
    - I was right, Iris was saying how ridiculous it is to face a grass type with a Water type. Damn that was easy.
    - "Don't you think I know that?" This coming from the guy who took down Yannappu with Mijumaru during a gym match and defeated the fire one (forget it's name) with Pokabu. No, I believe you have forgotten it.
    - Iris: "He's quite the stubborn one, isn't he?"
    Dento: "That's what I would call, willpower."

Hate to say it, Ash is pretty damn stubborn.
    - Okay, so it is a muddy swamp. That makes perfect sense how he'd be sinking like that.
    - Eh, Ash is more persistent... in a stubborn way. Then again, after all he's been through to catch Smuglass, I can see why Iris/Dento would think that.
    - Oh, so Ash was sort of thinking when using Mamepato. He decided to go with a secondary type advantage. But... the best part is a bit later .
    - LOL! I simply love that moment where they think Ash had been using strategy, in which it turns out he had no idea.
    - So, I was right, it was Air Cutter that he used at that one point.
    - Semi-Full team. How is 5 Pokemon a semi-full team?

So, lots of things I didn't quite catch without subtitles. Quite interesting.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

- Fury Swipes = Disturbing Scratch, What?? Is it just me or did the subbers translate everything as literal as possible?
    You probably should have realized that when Gust became the original Wind Sendoff (I can believe that) and Volt Tackle became the original Volteccer (I'm still trying to figure out how that works even if it is a Tekkaman Blade reference)
    - Semi-Full team. How is 5 Pokemon a semi-full team?
    Well....I guess it was too much to say "5/6 team?"
    Last edited by garfield15; 31st October 2010 at 7:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    Male birds are often the more flashy of the two genders. The most extreme case being peacocks. These are the kind of bird that Kenhorou is based on:

http://www.dungevalley.co.uk/Birds/pheasant.jpg
    http://www.english-country-garden.co...pheasant-1.jpg

The male is the one with the pink mask.

Now your own inability to take the color pink seriously and resort to childish name callings and derogatory remarks about the mardi gras are of no concern to the writers.
    Hey doesnt this look like Hatopoo?( They are a pidgeon family and this bird(secratary bird ) are raptors.)

Oh you didn't know? Ash is getting ten pokemon this time around
    Last edited by arceus7; 31st October 2010 at 2:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Oh you didn't know? Ash is getting ten pokemon this time around
    Now that you've posted something to this effect in just about every thread, care to sure where you getting this?
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

This episode was alright. Still, I don't like it how Ash is acting like a rookie. He should know by now that he needs to weaken a PKMN before throwing a Pokeball @ it. *sigh*

Attention! May I have your attention please!

1)This thread is for discussing the episode, not for arguing over which gender of Kenhorou looks better.
    2)Stop discussing subtitled episodes. I've said this before, but I'll say it again: Yes, we all know they exist, but you're still not supposed to discuss them here thanks to the whole "technically illegal" thing and all.

PS: Called it on Tsutarja being another abandoned Pokemon. Potential tie-in with the TP "liberate all Pokemon!" plot? Possibly.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    This episode was alright. Still, I don't like it how Ash is acting like a rookie. He should know by now that he needs to weaken a PKMN before throwing a Pokeball @ it. *sigh*
    Well to be fair, Ash has caught just about every starter pokemon besides Bulbasaur without a fight. Not really an excuse for a trainer who's been through 4 regions but still.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Quote Originally Posted by ashds View Post
    I think he was trying to use the element of surprise on her
    Cause that has worked all the time huh?

Well, then again, Musashi just tried the same thing and nobody chastised her over it.
    Last edited by garfield15; 31st October 2010 at 11:00 PM.

oh what?!?!?!?! im ******!!!! i wanted mamepato to be male! the male look sick!!! and the female look like a cheap ugly bird u get at the flea market 4 ten bucks!!!!
    that sucks! :/

Lol, I laughed so much when Miju, Ash and Pika are climbing back up to Tsutarja and Miju looked determined as if he was climbing himself but then he was on Ash's head.
    Wanted Team:

Current Team:

I got a shiny burmy off GTS!
    I offered a normal cherubi for a burmy and someone gave me a shiny burmy but i didn't even notice until I saw the red star about a week later. Luckily it is male so it can evolve into a awsome blue mothim.

I'd also like to point out that Ash had his cap backwards again. Last time we saw that was against Takuto in the semi finals of the Sinnoh League, and before that was way back when! That also has to point towards the Kanto feel guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    I'd also like to point out that Ash had his cap backwards again. Last time we saw that was against Takuto in the semi finals of the Sinnoh League, and before that was way back when! That also has to point towards the Kanto feel guys.
    He's been doing that since episode 2 when he caught Mamepato

Well, after my Starly/Staravia/Staraptor love fest in Sinnoh, I now have a new love, and that love is Wotter. He is my favorite starter and is just awesome in so many ways. His first appearance I was afraid we were getting a Piplup-Isshu style, but he's gone much beyond that.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast