Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Snivy Plays Hard to Catch! (666)

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    PS: Called it on Tsutarja being another abandoned Pokemon. Potential tie-in with the TP "liberate all Pokemon!" plot? Possibly.
    I think it would be better to say that Tsutarja is the one doing the abandoning.

Also, Cobalt_Latios, Iris deduced Tsutarja was female because Ash's male Pikachu was affected by attract. Which is something she could actually notice ahead of time considering the tails and all.
    Last edited by R_N; 2nd November 2010 at 4:04 AM.

You still have to wonder whether Ash got 3 starters because the makers had so little faith in the designs of the other fire, grass and water types to be marketable mascots, or whether they were ACTUALLY heading back to the roots of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    I am surprised by the fact that TR didn't even encounter Ash and Co. Not that I am against it. Had that happened, they would've had to pull another escape in the end. Overall I am glad with them.
    Well, imagine how difficult it must be to create brilliant getaways for characters who youve had shocked, watered and generally abused for a decade!!

I can see Mamepato being Ash's strongest bird, just by how it battled.

I like the gender diversity in Ash's team, kind of hoping his sixth pokemon is female too, so he has half male and female. He'll probably catch more though.

Overall, great ep.

It was a very great ep =D

I especially enjoyed the battle between Tsutaja & Mamepato writers did very well on it, I just love the animation 4 gust. Tsutaja was a very good battler, she has great moves not to mention speedy, she's definitely gonna be a reliable member on Ash's team :3

I also liked it that they revealed all the gender of Ash's Pokemon though I didn't expect Miju 2b male and Mamepato 2b female, I thought the opposite. Well, I have no problem with Miju but Mamepato... I don't like the female Kenhorou much :/ the male atleast, somehow looks a bit better...
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
    If you want TORTERRA to make the best ever comeback in Isshu, copy this and paste it in your Sig!(Started by dragonpsychicrules)

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonloverXD View Post
    It was a very great ep =D

I especially enjoyed the battle between Tsutaja & Mamepato writers did very well on it, I just love the animation 4 gust. Tsutaja was a very good battler, she has great moves not to mention speedy, she's definitely gonna be a reliable member on Ash's team :3

I also liked it that they revealed all the gender of Ash's Pokemon though I didn't expect Miju 2b male and Mamepato 2b female, I thought the opposite. Well, I have no problem with Miju but Mamepato... I don't like the female Kenhorou much :/ the male atleast, somehow looks a bit better...
    Maybe she'll be the female equivalent to Bulbasaur & when Ash returns to Pallet Town there'll be a love interest between them
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Wow not since Johto has Ash had all 3 starters on his team, plus we've confirmed the genders of his entire roster so far. I really liked the chase between Ash & Tsutaja, very nice way of of showing off both of their character traits.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Funny how Snivy is supposedly based on the serpent from the Garden of Eden, and now Ash caught one in episode 666...
    PS: yes, I know, the Bible actually has the number of the beast as 616 and Hollywood changed it for the movie, but still it seems odd.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Funny how Snivy is supposedly based on the serpent from the Garden of Eden, and now Ash caught one in episode 666...
    PS: yes, I know, the Bible actually has the number of the beast as 616 and Hollywood changed it for the movie, but still it seems odd.
    Mine says 666.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Maybe she'll be the female equivalent to Bulbasaur & when Ash returns to Pallet Town there'll be a love interest between them
    Please don't say that. I can't see Snivy with Bulbasaur. And not because they are the same types.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    I loved the episode. The fact that it ended up becoming a little bit of a cat-fight between the two females (Mamepato and Tsutaja) was cool. I loved each of their screams (Tsutaja's when she broke free of Gust and Mamepato's when she shot off the second Air Cutter) they were a really nice touch.
    Well, you know what they say: the only time a cat-fight is fun to watch is when it involves real cats.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

I liked this episode. It was cool seeing a Female Tsutarja for the 1st time. It will be interesting to hear what they make her sound like in the Dubbed version. I like how Ash just wouldn't give up, and finally used knewly-found out Female Mamepato who is immune to Tsutarja's Attract attack to KO her and catch her. I liked seeing Tsutarja listening/watching how Ash treated his Pokemon while being determined to catch her. She was definitely second guessing running away for awhile. It was hilarious when Dent and Iris pointed out that maybe Ash figured out that Mamepato was a Female, but then he says "I didn't know that". I'm glad Ash caught the Tsutarja in the end.

75/100

A very fun episode. Iris and Cilan as Ash's new traveling companions are working out well, and it's only their first episode to be shown as a group.

A female Snivy is very interesting, but it got me thinking of Ash's female Bayleef. Looks like we got another affectionate grass type~ Snivy's use of Attract to use against Pikachu/Oshawott/Tepig, but not affecting Pidove (because it's a girl) is quite clever.

Snivy can be pretty useful now in the anime showcase; determining a Pokemon's gender, as we know it's a female. :P

Since Pidove is a girl. looks like the writers want Ash's future Unfezant to be the regular looking one.

I chuckled a bit when Iris and Cilan believe Ash knew what he was doing, putting Pidove against Snivy's Attract, believing it was female to his knowledge before. But nope. xD Derp Ash.

Now there's 5 Pokemon in just 7 episodes of the new series. Wowzer!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Great episode. It was nice to see Ash go after a Pokémon to catch it in Unova and where he used his whole team. It sucked that Pikachu, Oshawott & Tepig couldn't really do anything, but I loved that Pidove was used in action where she did something useful.
    10/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Snivy is my favorite of Ash's Unova captures, for its maturity (not a very sophisticated reason, I know). It's nice to see the way it considers Ash, liking him for his protectiveness of Pikachu but also not so sure that it wants to be captured. That's really all there is to it; it's a very simple plot that's expanded to fill out the screen time.

There are 2 scenes that really stuck with me, one being the glare Ash gave Iris when she criticized him for not knowing how Attract works (I was about to roll my eyes, but Ash had the better reaction). The second, and much more meaningful one to me, was when Snivy escaped from TR and laid down on the rocks deep in thought, not really taking too much notice of Pidove circling overhead. It's a somewhat sinister scene, knowing that Pidove is going to bring Ash to try and catch Snivy again.

Ash almost drowning in the mud-river(whatever it's called) was pretty shocking, since this didn't seem that dangerous to begin with. We've seen Ash just across chasms rather than take a bridge across and do other crazy things, so it's startling to see him almost done in by something like this.

One serious thing about this episode, though, is the way Ash relentlessly pursues Snivy, even though it doesn't want to be caught at the beginning. It's not the right thing to do, to force someone to like you when it's really not there at first. Snivy is shown to be a very mature pokemon, so the argument that it's just a pokemon doesn't really work here. I sincerely think Ash should have respected Snivy's wishes after it doesn't willingly want to be caught, and then Ash fails the first time to catch it.

It was a good episode. Ash catches a female Snivy, which was hard to catch.

I know, I really like that Snivy, I wish I had Ash's Snivy.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby DexNavlocke

Badges: 2
    Deaths: 0

Aside from the cheesy group shot at the end, I realy liked this episode :] Snivy's voice is nice, and it would be interesting if Snivy really did ditch it's trainer..Thats kinda new..

Now I want a Snivy..I guess that goes with the episode too ^^;

RADIANT BLAZE ~

This episode was my favorite one when it first aired in Japanese and now it is still my favorite one...I love Snivy's voice! It also makes me more proud of my female serperior
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Great episode. It was nice to see Ash go after a Pokémon to catch it in Unova and where he used his whole team. It sucked that Pikachu, Oshawott & Tepig couldn't really do anything, but I loved that Pidove was used in action where she did something useful.
    10/10
    I literally screamed when Pikachu, Oshawott, and Tepig got immobilized. Grr; how annoying. But I loved Pidove; I'm relieved that the writers haven't forgotten about Pidove. Pidove rocks!
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Awesome Episode I love Snivy. I guessed it was gonna end up that Pidove was a girl. And no Team Rocket attack. I love episodes where they are not constantly interrupting ash slowing down the flow of the episode.

LOVED Hearing the music from Celestial Tower!!!! thats one of my favorite music in the Game!

Overall great episode! hurray for Snivy!!!!!!!

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

No who's that Pokemon again?

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    No who's that Pokemon again?
    It was Snivy.

I really enjoyed this episode and it starts with the title. I like how it was a pun on 'playing hard to get' which is above love which then is linked to Snivy's attract. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by wind21 View Post
    One serious thing about this episode, though, is the way Ash relentlessly pursues Snivy, even though it doesn't want to be caught at the beginning. It's not the right thing to do, to force someone to like you when it's really not there at first. Snivy is shown to be a very mature pokemon, so the argument that it's just a pokemon doesn't really work here. I sincerely think Ash should have respected Snivy's wishes after it doesn't willingly want to be caught, and then Ash fails the first time to catch it.
    This ties in with that I was going to talk about because I disagree. I think snivy wanted to be caught after that first encounter because she saw how Ash protected Pikachu unlike the trainer she was previously owned by. The only reason I think snivy ran away was that it was a test for Ash as a trainer to reassure snivy that Ash definately was nothing like her previous trainer. However, I agree that Ash didn't know this and it was just a bit of relentless pursuing but at least snivy wanted it to happen right? Which makes me think again, maybe snivy running away was bait?

Finally, at first I thought this was Trip's snivy but the call was very different so that thought was quickly buried right into the ground.

Overall, fantastic episode. Snivy is going to be an interesting character
    Last edited by Orton155; 20th March 2011 at 1:25 AM.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    I really enjoyed this episode and it starts with the title. I like how it was a pun on 'playing hard to get' which is above love which then is linked to Snivy's attract. Brilliant!

This ties in with that I was going to talk about because I disagree. I think snivy wanted to be caught after that first encounter because she saw how Ash protected Pikachu unlike the trainer she was previously owned by. The only reason I think snivy ran away was that it was a test for Ash as a trainer to reassure snivy that Ash definately was nothing like her previous trainer. However, I agree that Ash didn't know this and it was just a bit of relentless pursuing but at least snivy wanted it to happen right? Which makes me think again, maybe snivy running away was bait?

Finally, at first I thought this was Trip's snivy but the call was very different so that thought was quickly buried right into the ground.

Overall, fantastic episode. Snivy is going to be an interesting character

THIS! Orton155 was correct

Snivy was testing Ash to see if he was worth going with.. there were several times where snivy would smile wanting to go,.. but then ran.

Great Episode.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

GASP! This is episode 666!

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast