Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen "Hit me with your best shot" Challenge

Hybrid View

Default 4th Gen "Hit me with your best shot" Challenge

With consultation from SkittyonWailord I made this new challenge updated with the new games (also to avoid necrobumping the old D/P one).

Basically this is a D/P/Pt/HG/SS version of the "Hit me with your best shot" challenge. Simply put, you post a rule/theme for what type of team you like that is not a basic 'Scramble' or 'Monotype' challenge and other members could either give you one pokemon each or a full team for you (depends on requester). It's pretty much a chance to be creative with teams!

Example:

Theme: Pokemon with names that start with a vowel

Someone or a number of people could give you a team of:

-Armaldo
    -Empoleon
    -Octillery
    -Umbreon
    -Igglybuff
    -Abomasnow

The requester will have to use that team. The requester will also say if they want it to be really creative, or really simple, or whatever.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Some rules:

1. No multiples of the same pokemon.

2. No legendaries.

3. No really obviously useless pokemon, such as an unevolveable wurmple or feebas.

4. PLEASE post which version you're using.

5. As to what kind of team you request, it can be pretty much anything. HOWEVER if the team falls under simple plain-old Scramble Challenge, or a Monotype Challenge, post in those respective threads as opposed to here.

6. Other than the pokemon you cannot use that I have mentioned above, the team you give can also consist of anything, as long as it's within the guidelines of what the person has requested.

7. Requesters can NOT add pokemon of their own choice to their own teams, as that defeats the purpose.

8. People creating teams for requesters can give different pokemon nicknames, and can put in a couple things such as "Don't evolve until...", but be nice, and only three of each of these, please. Also, requesters can say if they don't want that stuff.

9. Six-pokemon teams would be preferred, but the requester may say how many pokemon they want in their team. If they do not say, it will be assumed that the number is six.

10. The requester has a choice whether they want to have one person or many people to construct their team. If they don't say, it will be "defaulted" to six people each giving one pokemon, the "traditional" method.

11. If the above is the case, a person may give only 1 pokemon per requester.

12. Try and keep team balance in mind, if requester already has 3 water types, try to give another type.

13. Besides that, just have fun with it!

So go ahead and request and give teams. Have fun with the challenge!

1. Don't post unless you're giving someone Pokemon or you have a significant update to your status. That means like 3-4 sentences at least.
    2. Don't beg for people to reply and give you Pokemon. If your request has been ignored for a full 20 posts or so, then you may repost.
    3. Don't ask or hint for specific Pokemon. That's just going to encourage people to NOT give you it.
    4. Don't double-post at all. If you accidentally do due to lag, delete it.

(basically copy-pasted the rules from the other challenges)

-----------
    I'll start to get the ball rolling.

I want a team of pokemon that are available through trades throughout the Pokemon games.

Fully evolved where possible and I'm using Soul Silver. I cannot trade. People can give 2 pokemon each.

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Last edited by SilverMorty; 2nd November 2010 at 3:18 PM.

You get a Voltorb named ESphere. Have it kill 5 pokemon with Selfdestruct to evolve.
    You get an Onix named Rocky. It may never learn Earthquake or Iron Tail. Evolve whenever.

Take a Machamp who must solo chuck as a Machoke to evolve.

Take Brock's Rhyhorn, you can fully evolve it.
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Take a male Nidoran. You may name it Mr. Nido should you so desire. You must get it as early as possible. It can evolve into Nidorino as soon as you want it to, but it can only evolve into Nidoking if it solos Whitney's Miltank. And don't even tell me it can't be done, because I happen to have solo'd Whitney's Miltank with a Nidorino in my own SoulSilver. Yeah.

And take a Haunter. You can name Gaspar if you wish. Since wild Haunter aren't exactly easy (possible?) to come by early in the game, you may get it as a Gastly, but it must become a Haunter. As you say you can't trade, evolving it into Gengar is not required, but if you become able to do so, then by all means do. You must use the Sludge Bomb TM on it as soon as you get it, and you can't use it against the Elite 4 unless you've used its Mean Look and Hypnosis to trap at least one of the legendary gerbils and then caught it in anything other than a Master Ball while it was trapped. Again, perfectly possible.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I'll take one. I want to have Pokemon that can all learn Tackle, but not requiered to have them for the whole game.

---------
    ---------
    ---------
    ---------
    ---------
    ---------

We have custom avatars, a fantastic staff, and a great community! Join today!
    Say that "DiscoPichu" referred you!
    Credit to zhanton for sig.

What game you got? If it's HG/SS, or D/P/P and you can trade, take a Weezing. Obviously, you're perfectly allowed to obtain it as a Koffing.

Restriction 1: Once you get it, you must train it until it's your highest-leveled Pokemon and it must remain that way (if any other member of your team surpasses Weezing in level for whatever reason, you must stop everything and train Weezing until it's once again higher in level than the rest of your team. Obviously, this doesn't apply to temporary teammates you plan on depositing, such as a random shiny you find when your team's not full yet or something).

Restriction 2: It must know one offensive Fire move AND one offensive Electric move at all times. For reference, as far as Weezing goes, the complete list is Shock Wave, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Flamethrower, and Fire Blast. They're all TMs. Thunder and Fire Blast are for sale at Veilstone and Goldenrod department stores, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower are prizes at the Game Corners in aforementioned cities, and Shock Wave... In D/P/P, it's on Route 215. In HG/SS, Lt. Surge gives it to you when you beat him.

Restriction 3: It must never forget Sludge or Smokescreen. EVER.

EDIT: And yes, Koffing and Weezing can learn Tackle, so it does fit into your theme.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

-Voltorb named Esphere, kill 5 pokemon with Selfdestruct to evolve
    -Onix named Rocky. No Earthquake or Iron Tail
    -Machoke must solo Chuck to evolve
    -Brock's Rhyhorn
    -Nidorino evolve after defeating Whitney's Miltank, Mr. Nido
    -Haunter named Gaspar, must learn Sludge Bomb, use in E4 after catching legendary dog with Mean Look/Hypnosis without a Master Ball (lol that was a bit tricky to summarise)

Thanks guys

Mudkip8003 take a Magikarp that must defeat any Fisherman with all Magikarps in his team to evolve to Gyarados (the bridge before Eterna if DPPt or the route before Union Cave in HGSS).

Eh, why not. Sounds interesting.

Game: SoulSilver, not trading.
    Rules:
    *All pokemon must be Pokemon of the same species as one owned by an important anime character (i.e. one that travels with Ash) at some point in their evolutionary line (i.e. a Raichu).
    *They must all be able to evolve at some point before E4, and while additional challenges are permited, nothing overly difficult or problematic.
    *Only one pokemon may be given per person.
    *Creativity is encouraged, and I need a relatively balanced team.

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Mudkip8003, take a Bibarel. Name it Chuck if you want. It needs to know Water Gun as soon as it learns it, and it can't forget it.

Proud member of the Survivor: Nintendo Forums!

Who says the preschoolers aren't ten, hmm?

Eivui: Take a Weezing. What you nickname it, or even if you nickname it, it's entirely up to you. You must teach it Flamethrower and Thunderbolt immediately after you catch it, and it can never forget either of them. Its other two moves are up to you, but in keeping with your theme, both of them must be moves that were known by James's Weezing (for reference, the complete list is; Smog, Smokescreen, Sludge, Poison Gas, Tackle, Haze). Just to clarify, you don't have to stick with the first two moves that meet this criteria, though; for instance, you can have it knowing Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Sludge, and Smokescreen, and opt to delete Smokescreen for Haze.

I think this complies with all of your rules.

*James, one of the main characters of the anime, owned a Weezing.

*Koffing can evolve into Weezing at level 35, easily accessible pre-Elite 4. And even then, there's lower-level Weezing in the Safari Zone, in the Marsh area. I think my restrictions are more than reasonable; requiring a Weezing to know Flamethrower and Thunderbolt should hardly be problematic, and moves such as Sludge and Smokescreen, as far as ingame purposes go, are perfectly OK.

The only actual challenge I can see you encountering here is obtaining the TMs for Thunderbolt and Flamethrower in the first place. It takes 20000 coins total, and that's a lot of Voltorb Flip.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Oh, boy. I hate Voltorb Flip, but I guess I accept.

-Weezing. Must know Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and its other two moves must have been known by James' Weezing.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

I think I'll try a challenge. I'd like only blue pokemon, but only one can be a water type. One pokemon per person, please, and restrictions are fine, but don't go to overboard on them. Keep in mind that this is on Pearl, and I can't trade, having only one ds and no wifi.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Mudkip 8003, you can take a Pidgey. Before it can evolve, it must solo at least 4 trainer battles.
    Eivui, you can take a Horsea (Misty had one). It must solo Jasmine to evolve.

I'll try this. I have got platinum, and can trade from my SS to get some poke's
    Only 1 of each type
    No TM's that are hard to get
    Anything Else you can give me or tell me to do.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Click this link and sign up to the website to start winning things, from game vochers to ebay/amazon and sometimes consoles.

I have won 4 Ł5 amazon vouchers just by completing surveys and accumalating points which can be exchanged for prizes. Please click this link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/legitscopez360?feature=mhee

Visit me and my mates Youtube channel. Please it would help us alot more thank you think. Like/Favourite our videos and subscribe

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTrouble View Post
    Only 1 of each type
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Take a Lanturn, must know Spark permanently. Call it Beanz.

Quote Originally Posted by Eivui View Post
    Eh, why not. Sounds interesting.

Game: SoulSilver, not trading.
    Rules:
    *All pokemon must be Pokemon of the same species as one owned by an important anime character (i.e. one that travels with Ash) at some point in their evolutionary line (i.e. a Raichu).
    *They must all be able to evolve at some point before E4, and while additional challenges are permited, nothing overly difficult or problematic.
    *Only one pokemon may be given per person.
    *Creativity is encouraged, and I need a relatively balanced team.

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Mudkip8003, take a Bibarel. Name it Chuck if you want. It needs to know Water Gun as soon as it learns it, and it can't forget it.
    Take a Haunter (kinda owned by Ash), must know Mean Look, and be called Spookz.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Eivui: Take a Lapras. Call it Tangelo (the island on which Ash met his Lapras) and make sure it always knows water gun and, once it learns it, ice beam, the two moves Bulbapedia tells me Ash's Lapras had xD

Torchic Lover: Take a Glaceon. I won't put a major restriction on, as Eevee will be a pain to keep all the way to route 217 :P Just make sure it keeps quick attack.

EDIT: Just realised that, in Pearl, you can only get Eevee after the national dex. If you can get an Eevee, go with Glaceon. If not, take a Lucario. It must defeat two of Byron's pokemon before evolving.
    Last edited by bippacooleth; 14th November 2010 at 10:52 PM.
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

Torchic Lover: You can have a Gible. In order to evolve to Garchomp, it must defeat an Ice type pokemon that is not wild.

Zero Trouble: You need to have a certain theme of pokemon that you can use, like only red pokemon, or ones whose name begins with an L, or something like that. Otherwise, it's basically a Scramble Challenge, which should be done on the Scramble Challenge page.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=218623

Eh, Ice Beams nice, but Water Gun? I guess it can just be filler and I know Surf as well.

-Weezing. Must know Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and its other two moves must have been known by James' Weezing.
    -Lapras named Tangelo. Must know Water Gun and Ice Beam.
    -
    -
    -
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Eivui View Post
    Eh, Ice Beams nice, but Water Gun? I guess it can just be filler and I know Surf as well.
    -
    I just did a scramble challenge where my Buizel had to know water gun and trust me, it was a pain :P if its really going to bug you, I give you permission to lose it for a better move
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

Eivui - Take a Wobbuffet, female, named Jessie. Musst be obtained in Goldenrod (if it's still available in the Game Corner)
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Araleon View Post
    Eivui - Take a Wobbuffet, female, named Jessie. Musst be obtained in Goldenrod (if it's still available in the Game Corner)
    Uh, fortunately, it isn't. It IS still in Dark Cave, however.

torchic lover take a Chimecho (the Dex say it's in the blu group) that must learn Grass Knot.

Eivui take a Sudowoodo with Mimic. You can only use TMs given by Gym Leaders after Sudowoodo mimics the move in the actual gym battle (gyms before Sudowoodo can be captured are exempted.) This includes Kanto gym TMs.

Only 1 of each type
    Only Yellow Ones But Only One Electric
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Click this link and sign up to the website to start winning things, from game vochers to ebay/amazon and sometimes consoles.

I have won 4 Ł5 amazon vouchers just by completing surveys and accumalating points which can be exchanged for prizes. Please click this link.

Visit me and my mates Youtube channel. Please it would help us alot more thank you think. Like/Favourite our videos and subscribe

ZeroTrouble, take Vespiquen. Make sure it keeps at least one of its signature moves (attack, heal and defend order) and toxic.
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

ZeroTrouble, take Kadabra. It must keep the move Miracle Eye. In order to ever evolve it into an Alakazam, it must be taught one of the elemental punches by the move tutor.

Ok
    -Sunkern (To eveolve must solo roark and must know only 1 attcking grass move at all times
    -Vespiquen (Has to keep one of it's signature moves attack,heal or defend order and must keep toxic
    - Kadabra ( must always knnow miracle eye and to evolve, must know one elemental punch
    -
    -
    -
    Open to more suggestions

-Lapras named Tangelo. Must know Water Gun and Ice Beam.
    -Sudowoodo with Mimic. Must Mimic a Gym Leader's TM move in order for me to use it.
    -
    -
    -

Zero Trouble take a Meowth with Technician and Pay Day. Evolve it when you defeat a Gym Leader's pokemon with only Pay Day

By the way Eivui I noticed you missed this at the end of Torchic Lover's post:

Quote Originally Posted by torchic lover44 View Post
    Eivui, you can take a Horsea (Misty had one). It must solo Jasmine to evolve.
    Last edited by SilverMorty; 15th November 2010 at 11:58 PM.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast