Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saving Darmanitan From the Bell! (667)

Default Saving Darmanitan From the Bell! (667)

Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of Clock Tower!!

After entering the next town, Ash & Co. are soon robbed by two Darumakka. Ash & Co quickly take haste and hunt the Darumakka to retrieve their food, but the Darumakka refuse to give it back. To make matters worse, they seem to be working with a Hihidaruma. Will Ash & Co. be able to retrieve their stolen goods?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

What was strang is that a mysterious women gave TR a briefcase, wonder what is in there.
    I loved how eventually those Darummaka behaved well. It was good seeing the Daruma mod becomes a regular Hihidaruma, with the friends' help of course, Yanappu and Pokabu.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I knew this one was going to be a filler, but unfortunately, it wasn't a very good one.

It's a shame too since I like the Darumakka and Hihidaruma line, I thought there was at least going to be a battle.

The previews made it look a lot better than it actually was.

Well this wasn't a whole filler like people thought because team rocket got some important info, and if I heard right it looks like their next mission while take place in Shippou City.

Indeed it wasnt a complete filler, Ash pokemons all got to do something, Team Rocket got a briefcase that in my opinion will maybe have a pokemon of some sorts and the plot wasnt bad nothing spectacular but it wasnt bad.

Basicly Darumakka were stealing stuff for Daruma Mode Hihidaruma wich was holding a huge bell with his psychic powers because the hook that was holding the bell broke, Ash Pokabu and the Darumakkas make a piece of metal "melt" Yannapu shapes it with bullet seed and Mijimaru cools it, then Ash gets help from Hihidaruma to put the hook in place Hihidarume changes "mode" and hooks the belt to it and Hihidaruma is a happy father/mother hugging his two little rascals after it.

Pretty simple episode but like I said not bad in my opinion.

Then we get a little farwell and on to the next episode.

This so far is the most maddening episode of Isshu, sure Iris shows us more of herself next episode and gains a new pokemon. But seriously writers!! You think you can showcase the most epic fire types that alot of this gen's trainers use by this?! Lazy!! I use that thing!! This is as bad as Rotom if not worse.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

TR is really getting so mysterious. I can see them causing trouble for Plasma a lot.

TR is really getting so mysterious. I can see them causing trouble for Plasma a lot.

Seems the Darumakka and Hihidaruma used to get along with the people of (whatever filler city this is). Mysteriously one day they started stealing food instead of helping/playing with the townsfolk, but I don't think it was a surprise to any viewer that they had good intentions. When the bell tower's... bell fell from its hook, Hihidaruma was able to support it but couldn't move (it couldn't just set the bell down? hmm...) so the Darumakka had to get food for it so that it could keep holding the bell up. Cue Satoshi and friends saving the day in over-the-top smelting action!

Seems the Darumakka could've avoided all of this by, y'know, just motioning towards the clock tower and asking for help. It's not like everybody hated them before they started stealing. Though it's also possible they DID try to get help and nobody got it so they resorted to stealing food to support Hihidaruma. Anyways...

For filler it was better than I expected. Wasn't initially too fond of the Daruma family and even though there wasn't really a full fledged battle I felt they were represented well enough that I started to grow on them. Pokemon isn't just about the battles; the fact that Satoshi didn't just mindlessly beat up the Darumakka but instead tried reasoning with them halfway through was a good play on his part. Though I would understand the initial disappointment towards this episode if it was a reused plot (from Hoenn maybe, I didn't really watch that span of episodes), it was, again, not bad for a filler episode.
    Last edited by Edalborez; 4th November 2010 at 9:54 PM.

I think Jessie, James, and Meowth getting that briefcase probably made this not a filler since it could be important to the plot. Which means no episode so far has been a filler and the next two wont be either.

I liked this episode, Darumakka and Hihidaruma were interesting, and I wasn't really expecting to see Hihidaruma's different form, I wonder if that will be shown in the opening some how.

All in all not much happened other then the Team Rocket thing but it was still a nice episode for me.

Have no idea what was being said though.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    All in all not much happened other then the Team Rocket thing but it was still a nice episode for me.
    As was said in the other forum, the TR scene was nothing much. The only info was that they are heading to Shippou next (2nd city), which we all know.

Darumakka is frikkin' huge. That's all I can say.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I enjoyed the episode even if it was just a filler possibly. Animation was one of my favorite parts and I'm really enjoying the trios interactions. I love how Ash was trying to help the Pokemon, Iris and Dento seemed kind of impressed with Ash here, I liked that. Over all I thought it was a fun episode.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Iris has...a friggin...Doryuuzu...OAO;; -agape-

Well since serebii has said not to discuss preview for other episodes here, i'll just say this about this episode...

It was okay. I did like that "all" pokemon in the group got some screentime.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    As was said in the other forum, the TR scene was nothing much. The only info was that they are heading to Shippou next (2nd city), which we all know.
    So you know what is in the briefcase right? do you know if this will play part in the plot in the series? maybe a new pokemon for them? maybe something to complete their mission in Shipou City?

If it affects the plot of the series, it's NOT filler whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by realarcastform View Post
    This is as bad as Rotom if not worse.
    EXCUSE ME?! The Rotom episode was sheer hilarity.

Well... normally I'd be my bullet point thing, but there so much dialogue this time that it's hard to really get an idea of what was happening.

What I did catch:
    - Darumakka causing trouble for Ash and Co.
    - Attempting to stop them with Mijumaru, which doesn't end well.
    - At the Pokemon center, they find out more about Darumakka
    - Team Rocket gets some plot event happening (I'm guessing they're going to the Shippou city museum)
    - Darumakka steals food at Pokemon Center
    - Ash and co. give chase.
    - They find them at the Clock Tower
    - They find Hihidaruma in Daruma mode.
    - Dento gives a rough idea of what may have happened
    - They solve the problem with the help of Pokabu, Dento's Yannappu, Mijumaru, and the Darumakka
    - Hihidaruma uses "psychokinesis" to levitate Ash to place the hook on top of the bell.
    - Hihidaruma shows how freaking agile it is and place the bell on the hook without the bell ever falling.
    - Nurse Joy thanks them, and the Darumakka/Hihidaruma wave goodbye.

Not too eventful, but Hihidaruma is ridiculously agile. Oh, and some nice animation too.

And yay! Some better game music selection!

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    Which is due after four generations of waiting..

Edit@Tails_Sliat: And with 'all' you mean 'All the pokemon in the group not named Koromori'? Right?
    Last edited by Locormus; 4th November 2010 at 6:51 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Darumakka is frikkin' huge. That's all I can say.
    Pikachu size.

I know how some feel about subtitles, but I kind of want to know...

In the Pokemon Center when Ash and Iris were both pigging out (kinda cute), what did Dento say to them that ticked them both off?

Quote Originally Posted by turtle twig View Post
    I know how some feel about subtitles, but I kind of want to know...

In the Pokemon Center when Ash and Iris were both pigging out (kinda cute), what did Dento say to them that ticked them both off?
    It's only a guess but based on context, probably telling them not to eat too much/so fast/etc. This sort of scene occurs a lot in anime and probably more than once in Pokemon.

Edit: nevermind. Supposedly Dento is commenting on how Iris and Ash are alike. You can see how they respond to that hehe.
    Last edited by Edalborez; 4th November 2010 at 9:30 PM.

This wasn't a filler. It had battling in it .

Filler: A episode where nothing productive to the story as a whole happens. The plot progressed in this episode

Darumakka is about Half the size of Iris. YEAH half the size.

Technically it wasn't filler if you consider the story to just be the adventures of Ash and friends (which it is admittedly). However most probably consider an episode filler if does none of the following:
    -Main character catches a new Pokemon or is revealed to have a previously unknown Pokemon
    -MC's Pokemon evolves
    -MC's Pokemon learns or perfects a new move (debatable)
    -Gym/League/Tournament/Rival battles
    -Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic/Plasma - related

There are other exceptions, of course, but this episode is mostly filler designed to show the Daruma family line. 2 very minimal battles are shown, the latter of which is ended partway, and all events took place in a city/town that does not exist in the games. For that matter I'm not sure if this town is named at all. Filler in this case would be such that the events are never again mentioned or called back to, beyond the fact that Ash won't be surprised ("ooh what's this Pokemon?") the next time he sees a Darumakka or Hihidaruma, if he ever does.

Didn't mean to go off on a rant but it's filler, even if it is pretty nice filler.
    Last edited by Edalborez; 4th November 2010 at 9:52 PM.

It actually expanded the plot though, so its actually NOT filler, since it is Team Rocket Related.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast