Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saving Darmanitan From the Bell! (667)

Filler or not, I quite enjoyed this episode if only because the premise and setting isn't the generic set up we usually get.
    The episode took place in a fairly unique town (lots of stone around, the clock tower), not to mention it took place at night for once.
    Team Rocket did very little except be mysterious about receiving their next mission. I have to say, Team Rocket's small involvement so far seems to be making the writers to put a little more effort into their episode plot-lines.
    Not much to say about Darumakka and Hihidaruma. I liked their spot in the episode, it was entertaining.

Overall, a pretty decent episode, all I can say.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    So you know what is in the briefcase right? do you know if this will play part in the plot in the series? maybe a new pokemon for them? maybe something to complete their mission in Shipou City?

If it affects the plot of the series, it's NOT filler whether you like it or not.
    I'm sorry, technically you're right, but I just can't let you have it. What you said to Teshub right there is identical to what I had to preach to you in every DP episode thread. And IIRC, you would have replied with something like this for this sort of episode in DP:

So what if it was eventful that doesn't change that it was boooooooooring
    Not trying to call you out, but seriously what gives?

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Eh...Our first technical "Filler Episode" and to me, completely average. Didn't really care for it, but didn't hate it.
    Please, please post after me. I can't stand to have killed another topic.

I'm going to give this episode the benefit of the doubt and not declare it a filler episode if only for that TR moment that will probably come into play at Shippou City. If that hadn't happened, I would put it in filler territory, but it did, even if it was like 2 minutes. Anyway, I don't care about filler as long as it isn't unbelievably long stretches of them.

-I didn't think it was too bad. Sure, it wasn't great but a standard episode at least. We got to see all of Satoshi's Pokemon and Yanappu play a role at least. (No Iris again, but next episode....)

-Dento commenting on how Satoshi and Iris are alike. Cute.

-Oh yes, Mijumaru! I was sad to see it hurt in the preview pics but then it kicked those little fire-balls' asses!

-Did not actually know that Hihidaruma knew Psychic. That was an honest surprise. Anyone else like the music that was playing when he was laughing with the Darumakka. Sounded really tribal and cool.

-I think I'll stop commenting on them by episode 20 or so but THIS TEAM ROCKET! Did you see that? She just snapped her fingers and they got a secret message in coffee. That's like super-secret evil organization stuff. Man, I'm so glad they're getting some real respect now. This is the kind of stuff that's keeping me watching every week!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Pikachu size.
    Uh...I'm pretty sure it was like almost Iris height. It was half as tall as the bell in the clocktower anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    EXCUSE ME?! The Rotom episode was sheer hilarity.

Well... normally I'd be my bullet point thing, but there so much dialogue this time that it's hard to really get an idea of what was happening.

What I did catch:
    - Darumakka causing trouble for Ash and Co.
    - Attempting to stop them with Mijumaru, which doesn't end well.
    - At the Pokemon center, they find out more about Darumakka
    - Team Rocket gets some plot event happening (I'm guessing they're going to the Shippou city museum)
    - Darumakka steals food at Pokemon Center
    - Ash and co. give chase.
    - They find them at the Clock Tower
    - They find Hihidaruma in Daruma mode.
    - Dento gives a rough idea of what may have happened
    - They solve the problem with the help of Pokabu, Dento's Yannappu, Mijumaru, and the Darumakka
    - Hihidaruma uses "psychokinesis" to levitate Ash to place the hook on top of the bell.
    - Hihidaruma shows how freaking agile it is and place the bell on the hook without the bell ever falling.
    - Nurse Joy thanks them, and the Darumakka/Hihidaruma wave goodbye.

Not too eventful, but Hihidaruma is ridiculously agile. Oh, and some nice animation too.

And yay! Some better game music selection!

C_L
    I was talking about that Hihidaruma is a popular pokemon and it's entitled more than just one episode. Rotom had just one! Which made me mad. I frickin love LOVE Rotom but the fact that made 2 or my all time faves Filler Fodder steams me to no end!
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

This was my least favorite episode of BW so far, tied with episode 6. I just feel like nothing important or significant happened for the entire episode, and it wasn't as entertaining as most of the other ones. Not saying it's bad though, just my least favorite.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...10/BW008_6.jpg

Oooooohhhh, it's a bridge. Not an "E." I was looking at it wrong.

Damn James didn't get a Hihidaruma, or anything for that matter.

Oh well, DORYUUZU NEXT WEEK
    [IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/2qs5fe1.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://oi52.*******.com/59u7vn.jpg[/img]
    Doryuuzu Excadrill is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by realarcastform View Post
    I was talking about that Hihidaruma is a popular pokemon and it's entitled more than just one episode. Rotom had just one! Which made me mad. I frickin love LOVE Rotom but the fact that made 2 or my all time faves Filler Fodder steams me to no end!
    Ah, okay, that makes more sense. But honestly, the Rotom episode was definitely one of my faves of DPGB. Simply because of the hilarity of the mischief that Rotom caused. At least they showcased the different Rotom forms and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...10/BW008_6.jpg

Oooooohhhh, it's a bridge. Not an "E." I was looking at it wrong.
    It's the Shippou City Museum. I mean really...

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

-Fruit-ka-bobs are apparently the height of Iris's culinary skills.
    -And now Dento's getting all smug and not letting Ash have any(not like THAT, you pervs)
    -Good lord, Dento even serves the Pokemon food on a platter!
    -And then a Darumakka walks by and everyone is shocked for some reason.
    -No new Pokemon revealed in the opening. A sad day for humanity!
    -Iris fawning over cute Pokes that ultimately reject her is going to turn into a running gag, isn't it?
    -Guys, if Pikachu or Kibago stole the Pokemon food...where exactly are they hiding the bowl that also went missing? THINK, PEOPLE. THINK.
    -Kibago pointing its finger at Pikachu and accusing it of food theft is SO CUTE.
    -Lucky for Ash&co that the thieving Darumaka hung around the scene of the crime, isn't it?
    -Just how long will they harp on about type advantages every time Ash sends out ANYTHING? I'm getting sick of it.
    -Code words at a cafe...TR's *this close* into turning into some sort of crime drama.
    -Did you see that, Zach?! Clear as a crisp spring morning! "E"...in the coffee!
    -tl;dr of Joy's story: Things used to be happy, but now they're not happy and the Darumakka are stealing stuff. $10 says there's a ~misunderstanding~ behind all this.
    -Iris gets conveniently interested in a random clock tower. Hmm.
    -Ash is hungry all of a sudden, and that zoom-in shot of his torso reminds me: The giant zipper on his new jacket is still stupid.
    -Iris and Ash do NOT appreciate being compared to each other, it seems.
    -I have to say, this place is pretty awesome for a filler city. It seems to have a coherent theme other than "city," and it's drawn pretty well.
    -It seems the eyecatch last time wasn't a mistake. Dento really does stand while everyone else is jumping around, and frolics jumps around while everyone else is standing.
    -Goddamn, it seems like TR's actually getting an arc to themselves, with their encounters with the twerps being only incidental(at least so far). I approve. Screw people who go "waaaah the change was too sudden waaaah."
    -Dento:The human ladder. Gets yours today!
    -And there's Daruma Mode Hihidaruma, complete with creepy atmospheric music.
    -So the bell came unhooked. Hihidaruma's been keeping it afloat all this time, but...why couldn't it have just let the bell down gently, then informed the townsfolk about it? Why didn't any townspeople come to check up on the tower when the bell stopped ringing, anyway?
    -Holy shit Dento's Pokeball throw is fabulous twirly.
    -...I'm confused as to what role Yanappu is supposed to play in Ash's plan of "try to heat up the hook."
    -Oh, it just tosses the hook up. I missed that the first time.
    -And then it uses Bullet Seed to magically reshape the hook into its proper form. Funny, its aim didn't look THAT good...
    -Then Mijimaru uses Water Gun, because we all know a relatively small piece of hot metal takes SO LONG to cool down.
    -So Hihidaruma can use Psychic to get Ash and Pikachu up where they need to be so they can rehook the bell...but it couldn't have used psychic to rehook the bell itself? Lazy ape. It doesn't even try to help get the bell within Ash's reach!
    -Then it does what it might as well have done in the first place, and uses its normal mode to help out. Sheesh.

Not the most well-thought out plot, but it was still fun. The animation was nice, and we're getting a better sense of the chemistry between the main group. Overall, not bad for BW's first filler(...well, if you even count it as filler after considering the stuff TR seemed to be doing. A chain of contacts, code words, some sort of message in the coffee(whether it's an E, some japanese character a few people have pointed out, or a crude depiction of a bridge)...this is getting interesting.)
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

It's the Shippou City Museum. I mean really...
    I like my idea more!

No, it was the bridge.

Anybody understand what was happening there? Who was that woman and what was in the suitcase?

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    No, it was the bridge.
    Right, that's what I said.

Filler or not, I think it was a good episode. Certainly not one of the ones I'll remember, but it was somewhat satisfying.

- Attempting to stop them with Mijumaru, which doesn't end well.
    More like didn't begin well. In the end Mijumaru did subdue both of the Darumakka with Water Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    -Did not actually know that Hihidaruma knew Psychic. That was an honest surprise. Anyone else like the music that was playing when he was laughing with the Darumakka. Sounded really tribal and cool.
    Hihidaruma Daruma Mode secondary type is Psychic though. Which was the mode it was in when using Psychic.

Looks like there is a little confusion to whether this is filler or not.

I'd say it's not since it does advance the plot for Team Rocket. Sure it's not full of stuff and nothing really for Ash and that but it still had Team Rocket getting ready for their next mission which if it's shown then would mean this was in fact not filler since it's related to this episode.

Although I don't care, I liked the episode regardless. Had a little shock with Hihidaruma appearing in it's other form which I don't think was in the opening. I wonder how they will do that for the opening though, if they will at all. I'm hoping that when it gets to Hihidaruma it will appear as it's pure Fire self then it changes into it's other form. Unless the other form was in the opening and I missed it, wont know until next episode I guess.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

There's no confusion for me, this episode was a flat out filler in my eyes.

TR getting a suitcase was not a major event and could have easily been done off screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Hihidaruma Daruma Mode secondary type is Psychic though. Which was the mode it was in when using Psychic.
    Right. I'm saying, I did not know that bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krizor View Post
    There's no confusion for me, this episode was a flat out filler in my eyes.

TR getting a suitcase was not a major event and could have easily been done off screen.
    But we won't know how important it is until we get to Shippou City. Or then we'd be wondering "how did they get that super-important suitcase."

Or, even more importantly, what if there's a Pokemon in it?

The fact is that something in this episode happened that will affect the plot of a later episode. To what extent remains to be seen, but even if it's just 2 minutes, it completely removes it from filler even if it seem insignificant.

Wait people are saying this wasn't a filler? lol.
    [IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/2qs5fe1.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://oi52.*******.com/59u7vn.jpg[/img]
    Doryuuzu Excadrill is the best!

This episode was the attack of the "mexican jumping beans" ^__^ i wanted to poke them. Though, they looked a little ....strange.

Imo, i'd call it a filler. It was interesting though filler or not. Im a little confused on why the giant ape monkey was in the "frozen/standby" state and afterwards (i watched it in japanese with no subs of course). So, i'd give this episode a 6.5/10~
    .:No Longer on Serebiiforums/.net:.

So then, we finally arrive at Best Wishes episode 8, the Darumakka and Hihidaruma episode. It seemed like it took us forever to get to this episode but at least it there were some fun events in between. I remember speculating on the events that would ultimately occur in this episode a few weeks ago but once again, I was pretty much off the mark when it came to my theories on the story. This episode wasn't nearly as entertaining as I had once thought it would be. We got some cool footage in the preview for this episode but it was just showing us the more exciting parts while the actual episode wasn't all that. It wasn't too boring though, and I'll try to point out the main interesting parts of this episode. Well then, things started out with our heroes, Ash, Iris, and Dento, setting up the table for a nice relaxing lunch by some river in a new town we've never seen before. I thought the setting of this episode looked a lot like Shippou City at first, but upon further inspection, it looked to be just another anime-exclusive town that wasn't all that important haha. It had looked like we had finally arrived at Shippou City, so I got a bit carried away. Sorry.

Anyway, Iris was seen bringing Ash, Pikachu, and Kibago a plate of berries she had apparently picked in the forest. Seems like it's Iris' quirk in the Best Wishes anime; picking berries from the forest. I feel sort of bad for Ash since berries must not be the best food to be eating. To my surprise though, Ash seemed excited about eating them. I wonder if he was just really hungry. Iris then proceed to place three berries (Oran, Pecha, Sitrus?) on a stick like one of those shish kabob things, which was odd. Ash wanted one of those neat berry shish kabobs, but Dento took the plate away from him haha. What was that music playing in the background though? I don't think it was from the games but it sounded really nice. Anyway, Dento proceeded to cook the berry shish kabobs but suddenly, Iris and Ash noticed that a Darumakka suddenly just walked into their camp! I must say though, Darumakka sounds terrifying in the anime haha. After the Opening credits, we saw Ash scanning Darumakka in his PokeDex since it's a new Pokemon to him and he always has to scan them apparently. Iris went to pet the Darumakka but it blew fire in her face! Haha, I'm liking this guy already.

I did notice that Darumakka looked bigger in the anime than I would have thought. Meanwhile though, while everyone else was distracted by the Darumakka, another Darumakka went behind Ash and friends and stole some of the Pokemon food that had been left out for Pikachu and Kibago. That's pretty crafty there; Pokemon distracting humans to steal food. Those Darumakka are pretty smart lol. Pikachu was the one who noticed the missing food, and it was clearly upset. Oh please Pikachu, you needed to lose weight anyway. Pikachu thought that Kibago had stole the food but Iris defended it. Ash was going to ask Darumakka if it had seen anything, but Darumakka had fallen asleep in a ball haha. I laughed harder when Iris just poked it and it wobbled back and forth. While that was happening, Pikachu noticed another Darumakka stealing the food. Kibago thought Pikachu stole it this time and they fought. Ash and Iris broke that up and then they noticed the second Darumakka that was behind the table. They chased it but it used a wall of fire to keep them away. We got some nice Isshu Wild Pokemon battle music that usually plays for rare Pokemon in there though, which fit the situation perfectly.

The two Darumakka made a run for it but Ash sent out Mijumaru to fight them. Dento told Ash to use a Water-type attack and Ash had Mijumaru use Water Gun on the Darumakka. That failed though as the Darumakka dodged it. The Darumakka then used a Fire-type attack and knocked Mijumaru out cold! No! Poor Mijumaru. The Darumakka then fled, lucky punks! I would've ripped them apart for hurting Mijumaru! Iris and Dento appeared next to Ash next, and I just noticed that Dento had an apron on. He looked faaaabulous in that; you go girl! Ash decided to take Mijumaru to the Pokemon Center in that town and when he arrived, he had Nurse Joy check on Mijumaru. She then has Tabunne take it away for healing while Ash looked on sadly. I'd be sad too, since Mijumaru is so lovable. Meanwhile, outside a cafe in the same town, we saw Team Rocket having some coffee. What was interesting was when the waiter came and Jessie asked for a "Rocket Cappuccino". The guy knew what she meant, like it was a secret code or something. Pretty neat there. Anyway, back at the Pokemon Center, Mijumaru was fully healed thanks to Nurse Joy and Tabunne's efforts. We heard that 8-bit healing jingle again, which was interesting. Ash seemed glad that Mijumaru was safe and returned it to it's Pokeball.

Iris mentioned the Darumakka from earlier and Nurse Joy seemed to recognize them. She looked out at the sunset as she told the story of how the people in the town loved the Darumakka but then about how the Darumakka became pests who stole food. I didn't get the story myself, but I just sort of rolled with it. After the story, Iris noticed a tower outside through the Pokemon Center window. Nurse Joy then explained how it was the town's clock tower. Right after that, just on time to ruin the moment, Ash's stomach announced it was hungry and I loved that look on Pikachu's face. He really looked annoyed. Ash and friends then decided to stay for dinner since it was getting late. I was surprised by how much Iris and Ash ate though. Nurse Joy came in to announce something regarding more food so Ash and friends went to check it out at the kitchen, but soon discovered those two Darumakka again, stealing food. The Darumakka fled the Pokemon Center but Ash sent Mamepato after them. I liked that Isshu Gym battle music that played around that point. Also, I was glad that Mamepato got to do something this time around, even if it was generic. Ash and the others jumped out of the window and chased after the Darumakka on foot. Those darn Darumakka left some destruction in their wake though.

Just as Ash and friends ran towards the Darumakka and were catching up, the Darumakka split-up and went into separate alleys. Ash and Iris went after one Darumakka while Dento went after the other one. Things were getting exciting and the animation matched that! Just as it looked like Ash and the others were going to catch up to the two Darumakka though, they suddenly disappeared which sucked. Ash and Iris regrouped with Dento and they talked about losing the Darumakka's trail. Just then, Mamepato arrived and pointed to the town's clock tower where the Darumakka were seen entering. Naturally, Ash and friends went to have a look. Meanwhile, on some misty bridge in the same town, Team Rocket were just standing around, apparently waiting for someone. Suddenly out of the mist, a woman appeared with a briefcase and asked Jessie if she was the one who said the secret code earlier. When that was settled, she left the briefcase for Team Rocket and informed them that it's contents would help them with their next mission in Shippou City. God, new Team Rocket keeps getting more and more serious; I hate it. Anyway, Ash and friends arrived at the clock tower and started climbing when they saw the two Darumakka doing the same. Ash then yelled after them, which is the opposite of what you want to do.

The two Darumakka were really surprised to see him and the others and they ran up the clock tower even faster than before. Ash climbed into a room and didn't see where the Darumakka had gone. However, the two Darumakka were on the wall behind him and they sent out a Fire-type attack! What the heck? That was too much and it could've seriously hurt Ash! Too much violence, geez. Anyway, Ash started scolding the Darumakka but from behind them, came a wall of fire. Ash had Mijumaru use Water Gun to put out the flames, but then the Darumakka proceeded to attack Mijumaru. Pikachu used Thunderbolt to counter the flames and then Mijumaru used Water Gun to stun the Darumakka. They fell and it looked like they were asleep again, but they were just faking it. They jumped over Ash and friends but Ash and Iris tried to convince them that they meant no harm. Right, which is why they battled them? Haha. Anyway, the Darumakka turned all friendly and showed Ash and friends a hole in the ceiling. Dento helped Ash climb over and then Ash had Tsutarja help Pikachu and the Darumakka get up there with Vine Whip. That's some nice thinking there Ash. Once everyone was up there, they went to the top of the tower and discovered a Hihidaruma, in Daruma Mode! God it looked creepy. I'm never going to look at Hihidaruma the same way again, that's for sure lol.

Ash scanned the Hihidaruma in the PokeDex, where it appeared in both of it's forms. Apparently, it was radiating lots of heat since Iris was sweating. Hmm, fan-service anyone? Jokes aside, it looked like the Darumakka were stealing food for Hihidaruma to consume, which was sort of unexpected. The Darumakka handed Ash some sort of metal rod and then Dento noticed that the rod used to support the bell in the clock tower. Since it was gone, it looked like Hihidaruma had taken to keeping it from falling using it's Psychic powers in Daruma Mode. Pretty nice of Hihidaruma. Ash and friends then told the Darumakka that they'd help fix the bell so that Hihidaruma would finally be able to move from there. Ash sent out Pokabu and Dento sent out Yanappu, which they would apparently use to fix the bell. Pokabu used Ember on the metal rod but it didn't work, and to make matters worse, Hihidaruma was starting to overheat! Pokabu tried to use Ember again and the Darumakka helped with their own Fire-type attack. Teamwork got the job done as the rod was finally blazing hot. Dento faaaabulously had Yanappu use Bullet Seed on the rod after that. I was curious as to what the point in that was, but it was soon answered; it was used to shape the rod back into an "S" form. Ash had Mijumaru help out and Mijumaru's Water Gun then made the "S" rod cool enough to touch.

Just as Ash was wondering how to place the "S" rod up on the bell, Hihidaruma made Ash and Pikachu levitate up there. Pretty cool that it could still help them even though it was under pressure. As Ash reached for the bell, it fell! Luckily, Hihidaruma went out of Daruma Mode and caught it before it fell over. It tossed the bell up and then did a few fancy jumps and placed the bell on the rod itself, solving the issue. Yay. The Darumakka were finally reunited with Hihidaruma, and Ash and everyone else joined in to laugh. Ugh. Too damn peppy for my tastes. In the morning, Ash and the others were leaving town but Nurse Joy stopped them to talk to them about the Darumakka and Hihidaruma. Up on the tower, we saw them waving down to Ash, Iris, and Dento which they were happy to see. They all said their goodbyes to the Darumakka and Hihidaruma and the episode ended with Ash and friends continuing on their journey to Shippou City. Well that was interesting to say the least. It was fun, but not the kind of storyline I had in mind. There were certainly a few surprises in this one though, like Hihidaruma in it’s Daruma Mode. I would still almost call this Filler myself, but why start arguments here? I'll just call this episode "decent". I give it a decent score of 7/10. It could have been a lot better, but it served it's purpose at the end. Well, stay faaaabulous~

Just coming in here to say I am loving this new version of Jesse, James, and Meowth in this season so far. They are mysterious and seem more of a threat than they have always been. The are actually doing something more than trying to steal Pikachu all the time!

If J,J & M are like this, Butch and Cassidy better freaking get a comeback from what they have fallen into since Pokemon Chronicles!

Well, a pretty decent filler. I liked the Darumakka duo, they were cute <3

I wonder what TR are up to, they just become more & more of a mystery as BW goes on...
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
    If you want TORTERRA to make the best ever comeback in Isshu, copy this and paste it in your Sig!(Started by dragonpsychicrules)

Does it really matter if this or any other episode is a filler? Episode thread consists of filler this or filler that... as long as the episode is good and entertaining it shouldn't matter. imo.
    FC: 4356-0274-2119
    FS: Elec - Emolga, Pikachu, Dedenne

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoSteve View Post
    Does it really matter if this or any other episode is a filler? Episode thread consists of filler this or filler that... as long as the episode is good and entertaining it shouldn't matter. imo.
    I agree. I don't mind fillers as long as they're fun to watch. That Ditto episode in the last season was considered a "filler," but it was still one of my favorite episodes.

The only thing I don't like about this episode though is that it wasn't very fun for me to watch plus nothing interesting with the actual plot happened. Maybe I just need to watch the subbed version.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast