Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saving Darmanitan From the Bell! (667)

It actually isn't considered a filler since the plot was advanced for ash and the gang as well as Team rocket.

Is everyone here new to Pokemon? 90% of the show is usually dealing with the Pokemon/person of the day and the other 10% is Gym/league/"plot" stuff. Why is every one making a big deal about filler now?

This is for sure not a filler, the Team Rocket scene makes it so. The briefcase is suppose to be the key to Team Rocket's grand strategy, that's what was said by James.

So yah it's obviously a filler since the briefcase being all important and that wont ever be seen again, yup it's 100% filler(I'm being sarcastic for anyone who doesn't understand sarcasm.).

Maybe people just have different opinions on what a filler is, I go by "If it doesn't advance the plot then it's filler", well the Team Rocket part advance the plot and was used as build up for a future episode, so in my eyes it's not a filler.

But regardless if it's filler or not, I enjoyed the episode fully.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I thought this episode was okay. Nuff said.

I'm really starting to like some of the designs of the 5th gen Pokemon now that i'm seeing them animated.

An enjoyable half filler episode, it's really weird seeing TR actually be all mysterious & act professional. Seeing Oak's little explanation about the Pokemon Center at the end of the episode got me thinking, i'd love to see an episode were Jenny is the Nurse & Joy is the Officer it would certainly be different.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

With the letter E in the cappucino, was that from a preview because i swear i have seen it before. The bit with the metal "S" shaped stick bit near the end was interesting, good episode.

I will give my summary/review

Pokemon Best Wishes Episode 8: Darumakka and Hihidaruma! Secret of Clock Tower!

The episode starts of with the gang residing near a river, having dinner. Ash asks for when it will be ready, so Iris puts a plate of berries on skewers in front of him, she says she made it early so that they can watch the full moon early tonight. Dento says it’s not really a meal but Iris says that is still tastes good. Before Ash can Om nom nom on the berries Dento pulls it away to put with his rice dish that he is making and Ash is even more excited. A Darumakka comes near the group and it says it’s name.

After the opening, they have a look at the Darumakka. Ash examines it with his Pokedex and i says that when it sleeps it cannot be awaked for a long time and it can’t fall over. Iris pulls on it’s right eyebrow and it blows a Flamethrower in it’s face. Dento mentions that Darumakka never give up and are fortunate of good luck. Then something steal Pikachu’s bowl of Pokemon food, Pikachu and Kibago being on the table are stunned. Ash comes over and asks what happened and Pikachu said his food is gone and Kibago took it. Iris says Kibago wouldn’t do it and maybe Pikachu ate it. Ash asks if Darumakka saw anything but Darumakka is asleep. Iris tries to wake it up and she tires to make it fall over but it doesn’t. Then Pikachu sees a Darumakka take Kibago’s bowl of food and Kibago says that Pikachu did it. The two start fighting and Ash and Iris breaks it up. Pikachu says Darumakka did it but we see that Darumakka is asleep. But then we see a Darumakka that stole the food. The gang notice it and chase afterwards it, then the Darumakka that is asleep wakes up and jumps over Ash and Co. and fires a flamethrower in front of them. Ash calls out Mijumaru, Mijumaru fires a water gun but the two dodge and the two Darumakka fire a flamethrower at Mijumaru which badly injures it.

The Darumakka leave and Ash notice a town in the distance where they decide to take Mijumaru for healing. Nurse joy takes Mijumaru to get healed and Tabunne rushes it off to get better. Team Rocket are sitting in the same town near a river and are at a cafe table outside. A waiter comes over and Jessie utters a special password which the waiter understands, so the waiter gives them a cappuccino with the letter “E” in it, Jessie stirs the cappuccino. Meanwhile at the Pokemon centre Mijumaru is healed and Ash returns it to it’s Pokeball. Iris talks about the Darumakka and Nurse Joy understands. Joy mentions that in this city there are two Darumakka and a Hihidaruma, it’s evolved form. They used to be nice around town but lately they have been stealing food. She doesn’t know why but She knows that they live in the clock tower in their town, but since the tower is old it will soon be destroyed.

Ash gets hungry and they deiced to spend the night at the Pokemon centre. Iris and Ash chow down on some food at the centre and Dento mentions that they are actually alike(in terms of personalities), but Iris and Ash see that as an insult. Nurse Joy comes in and mentions to everyone in the dinning room that their ( is candy in her van) are special moon shaped dumpling in the kitchen and they will have to come with her to get them. They go to the kitchen and they come across the two Darumakka again. The two have been stealing the food from the kitchen, so they run out of the kitchen window. Ash calls out his Mamapeto and the two give chase, Iris and Dento follow. The Darumakka jump through town trying to stop mamapeto from catching up. Soon the Darumakka split up at a intersection. Ash and Iris goes to the right and Dento goes to the left. They try to chase after them, but they lose them and they find each other again. All three turn their heads right and notice at the end of the road to their right is the clock tower and the Darumakka enter it and Ash and Co follow them in.

Team Rocket are on a bridge surrounded by mist. A mysterious woman approaches them and she gives them a brief case, she tells them to go to shippou city and await further instructions.

Ash and Co. Run up the the stairs and the Darumakka notice them so they run quickly. Ash runs up the stairs and the two Darumakka are behind him and they fire a flamethrower at Ash but Ash used quick attack and he dodged it. Then Ash tells Mijumaru to put out the flames with his water gun. They fire another one but Pikachu stops it with thunderbolt. Then Ash’s Mijumaru fires a water gun at the Darumakka, they fall on the ground and they go to sleep. Iris and Dento walk up the stairs, the Darumakka wake up and jump over them, they all tell the Darumakka that they want to help them, so the Darumakka point to a opening above them. Ash climbs up through it, then Tsutaja lifts Pikachu up, the rest of the gang follow, and then when they are up on the next floor they notice the next floor above is really hot. So they all climb some stairs and notice a Pokemon up their. Ash checks his Pokedex the Pokemon is a Hihidaruma and it says that to restore it’s strength it changed to a different form. They notice that heat is emitting from it. Hihidaruma uses psychic and it brings the stolen food from Darumakka in it’s mouth. Iris asks if it should of returned to it’s normal mode yet but it might not have had enough food. The Darumakka give the gang a metal stick which used to hold up the bell but apart of it is now straightend. The gang notice that Hihidaruma is making the bell above it float. Dento understands now, the bell fell and Hihidaruma lifted it up but because it was weak it went into psychic mode and lifted it up with psychic, so the Darumakka have been trying to give it strength by feeding it. So Hihidaruma is lifting the bell up to stop the bell tower from falling.

So the gang have to fix the ruined metal stick, Ash sends out Pokabu and Pokabu uses ember on the stick in mid air but it isn’t powerful enough. So they throw it up again and the Darumakka help this time so they all burn the stick. Dento brings out Yanapuu and Yanapuu uses Bullet seed on the stick to make it an “S” shape. Mijumaru cools it down by using Water gun and the sick is perfect now. Hihidaruma lifts Ash and Pikachu up to fix the bell. So Ash puts one end on a hook and he goes to attach the other end on the bell but the bell falls down with Ash hanging on, but then Hihidaruma goes back to normal mode and throws the bell up and fixes the bell. Hihidaruma and everyone else is now happy. After that night, they walk out of the city and before they do Nurse joy walks to them and mentions that the tower wont be knocked down anymore. So now they are happy and they wave goodbye to the Darumakka and the Hihidaruma which are standing on the outside ledge of the clock tower. Ash and Co. leave town.

Good parts

We got to see all of Ash Pokemon in use again in this episode.

The story line

The Darumakka and the Hihidaruma

The bad points

I hated the episode at first but it takes a couple of viewings to like it

James still doesn’t have a Pokemon

After the first view i no longer saw Ash with a Hihidaruma but after the 3rd viewing i don’t know

7/10

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Darumakka and Hihidaruma for the 1st time. Darumakka are really cute especially in their immovable state. They were definitely devious in this episode, but for a good cause. Hihidaruma looked so cool in both its Zen Mode and its Standard mode. It was cool to see it be very helpful in getting the Bell back in place. The plan the Darumakka used to steal the food was very creative, they are also very strong. I'm glad they decided not to take down the tower in the end.

50/100

I think Ash sums up how poor this plotline is when he tells the fire pokemon evolution something like, "We're not strong enough to pick up the bell, so can you put it on the hook." Ha ha ha.

The pacing of the episode is so slow, though, and there's so many flashy scenes, that this episode ends up being pretty peaceful to watch. If you've had a tough day, and just really want to take your mind off things w/o thinking at all, then I think this episode is pretty good for that.

My favorite scene was where Ash defeated the 2 fire pokemon really easily in the clocktower; it was a really nice show of skill.

TR was just tough to watch, for me. This isn't how they were meant to be at all; Meowth sounding seriously sinister is not right.

man i missed this episode going to find it on youtube
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

It was a good episode. Ash and friends help out Darumaka to save Darmanitan.

I thought the episode was decent, but not the best. wind21 is right about how slow-paced it is, but we did get 7 straight episodes of awesomeness. It was nice seeing the whole Darumaka Line in on sitting though, as well as some Pidove action.
    6/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

This episode was pretty good. Nice to see Darumaka and Darmanitan, although I only cared for the latter.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I was just kind of annoyed that Ash had to all that stuff to the hook. Really, Ash? What's the point of heating up that hook, then cooling it off again?

I really like the part when Cilan said, "You and Iris are a lot like each other!" and Ash and Iris got really mad. It reminds me so much of Kanto... ahh... the good old days...
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

I quite like this episode because it is a nice change of pace compared to the episode we have had previously. Its nicely placed and it gives us all a break in a way from the main storylines and it allows us to enjoy an episode which just shows pokemon being pokemon.

Not much to say about this episode but when pikachu and oshawott face the two darumaka does this technically mean we saw our first double wild battle? As those darumaka were wild afterall.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    I was just kind of annoyed that Ash had to all that stuff to the hook. Really, Ash? What's the point of heating up that hook, then cooling it off again?
    That's quite simple, Ash heated the metal hook so that it could be molded back into it's proper shape, and after molding it the water was to cool it down so that it would be safe to touch.

That's quite simple, Ash heated the metal hook so that it could be molded back into it's proper shape, and after molding it the water was to cool it down so that it would be safe to touch.
    So after 14 years our hero finally uses his brain.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    So after 14 years our hero finally uses his brain.
    Except that he's done this stuff before......

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Except that he's done this stuff before......
    True, one episode he had to escape from a cage, so he kept blasting it with flamethrower and water gun to weaken the bars, then destroy it. It was in Johto, I forgot what ep.

Then again, Pokemon isn't known for logic >_>

You and me, we're a miracle
    Meant to be and nothing can change it
    Mountains move and oceans part
    When they are standing in our way

I liked it. I didn't like Darmanitan at all from what I could see in the games, but the anime made me like it. Looks much better on the anime.

I heard Darmanitan's Japanese voice with the Darumaka while they are laughing after Ash says, "And as for you too, no more stealing food ok?"

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Rushing to Prof. Sycamore’s lab after hearing that Cheren sent all of my pokémon there after the Aspertia Academy was attacked
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

"A cappuccino. Make it rocket fast." Best line of Black and White so far. Jessie always gets the best lines.

I liked this episode, which is a surprise, because I didn't like it in japanese.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

OMG. dar-man-i-tan. I've been reading it wrong this whole time calling it dar-man-ti-an. I feel so stupid...

3DS: 5413 1009 1553

Fine episode. At first, Darumaka was mean, but it turn out to be good in the end, they had a good reason.

Great episode love the new art styles and camera angles in B and W

Loved the Team Rocket Scenes.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Sadly I slept in when this episode aired yesterday morning, but besides that point.

This was a neat episode, definitely a good break from the main story and exploring the surroundings of the new series.

I did catch Jessie's line for that cuppacino. I thought it was pretty silly she added "make it Rocket fast". Not to be oblivious, but it sounded like that waiter and the dark suited woman were a part of that ploy to get the trio their report in the end. :P Something like that lol.

I also enjoyed Ash and Iris' reactions to Cilan saying "you two are a lot like each other". By yelling "YOURE SAYING I ACT LIKE HIM?!". Ah the love lol. It sure does feel like Kanto again.

The Darumaka and Darmanitan were pretty neat to see in the anime. The two Darumaka were adorable yet devious for their reason to take other peoples' food. Darmanitan's Zen Mode was a total beast, especially using Physhic to keep the bell from falling and crushing the Clock Tower. Until I saw the Standard Mode, the Pokemon just got more awesome. The anime did give it some good justice.

About the part where Darmanitan used Psychic on Ash and Pikachu to levitate them, in order to put the hook back up around the bell. While they were looking for a ladder originally, and this happened instead, I thought "Who needs ladders when you can levitate! The future is here!"

Anyway, good episode this week. A nice approach to the Unova saga, and good times were had yet again. I so look forward to next weeks.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast