Page 1 of 427 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Call of Duty Thread

Default The Call of Duty Thread

Welcome gentlemen and 12 year olds, to the new and improved Call of Duty thread. Here, we shall talk about the "prestigious" Call of Duty series.

Call of Duty sucks.
    Last edited by Slick; 7th January 2012 at 1:20 AM.

Yeah, I pre-ordered the game some time back, hardened edition, not expecting great things from it but I need something to play.
    Last edited by Neo Duality; 8th November 2010 at 8:41 AM.

If you weren't expecting great things, why'd you pre-order and pay extra, rather than find something else, like Fallout New Vegas, to play?

Wait, wait, wait. There's no zombies in the normal version?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    If you weren't expecting great things, why'd you pre-order and pay extra, rather than find something else, like Fallout New Vegas, to play?
    Most of my friends play CoD, so they persuaded me into pre-ordering it. CoD's just another low-quality shooter for an attention deficit age.

There are. The Hardened and Prestige versions come with the four W@W maps, while standalone versions do not. Eventually, you'll be able to buy the maps though.
        Spoiler:- zombie maps that come with BLOPS:

@Neo Duality: "attention deficit age"
    So these friends of yours...?
    Last edited by Slick; 8th November 2010 at 8:53 AM.

Yeah, I doubt their gaming taste. But CoD doesn't sell millions just 'cause it's "alright", so I decided to try it out.

If BLOPS turns out like MW2, stick to Search and Destroy, mainly. It cuts out a lot of the ********, I guess.

I more than likely won't be getting Black Ops (is BLOPS the new thing to call it? ShouldbeCoD7grumble...) but since you invited me to, I'll share my reasons:

1. Kinda have no 360 whatsoever at the moment, in university.

2. Last thing I bought was the Legendary edition of Halo Reach. Spent the last of my "gaming savings" on it and I still have hardly got to play it.

3. Any money I get for gaming is probably going towards next years releases. Got my eye on a portable Snake Eater and a Plasma Cutter.

4. CoD really isn't my thing. I didn't have an Xbox when CoD4 was out and by the time I got accustomed to the average 360 shooter I was already late to the party. I have played some CoD but I'm still at the bottom of the ladder in multiplayer and I don't have time to climb as high as I'd need to in order to enjoy myself (and still get a little ****** off).

That's my reasoning I guess. Though if I did buy Black Ops (dunno if this is a spoiler so avert your eyes fanboys) I'd totally be rocking Nixon in Zombies.

i'm thinking about getting me the prestige edition of BLOPS. not sure what the price in euro's will be though. i heard €100, i heard €150. people just don't know it do they? D:

also: http://www.neoseeker.com/news/15223-...uty-black-ops/

I just call it BLOPS because BO is, well, BO.

Ben, I'd say get it, but you know, I'm into COD and stuff.
    Zombies will be sweet.

i like. it sounds way better.

I have enough optimism to get this game. Why do I say that? Well, World of War didn't change much of the COD4 formula. If Black Ops does the same with Modern Warfare 2, the that will make me feel quite sad indeed.

I hated Modern Warfare 2. But I loved World At War. So, I decided that I'll get Black Ops, hoping that I don't join my first game to find that I'm getting attacked by eight Chopper Gunners, while people are running around with Commando and Tactical Knife.

In short, Black Ops may or may not be good, but I'll get it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TehLulzMastur View Post
    I hated Modern Warfare 2. But I loved World At War. .
    modern warfare 2 was good. online was just constantly exploited by users and plagued by flamers and whatnot. that's been upsetting alot of people.
    i do hope something's done to decrease that in black ops online. MW2 pretty much proved that the series attract a good amount of assholes.
    Last edited by (s.i.e); 8th November 2010 at 5:44 PM.

Agreed, Modern Warfare 2 was mainly ruined by the community.
    However, we probably shouldn't get into that, and let's remain optimistic about Black Ops.

Anyway, I randomly woke up at 3:36AM, so it's approximately 12 hours until I get my copy, and approximately 12.5 until I can play.
    I'm going to start by finishing campaign asap, because they're generally short and I don't want to be spoiled.
    I'll start on Regular and then this weekend I might go through a Veteran playthrough. I've had less than pleasing experiences when trying to play a game on Veteran firsttime through.

So excited. ;-;

Agreed, Modern Warfare 2 was mainly ruined by the community.
    However, we probably shouldn't get into that, and let's remain optimistic about Black Ops.
    of course not, we wouldn't want to spoil your christmas mood now would we
    it only happens once/twice a year so it's the least i can do for you.

Anyway, I randomly woke up at 3:36AM, so it's approximately 12 hours until I get my copy, and approximately 12.5 until I can play.
    I'm going to start by finishing campaign asap, because they're generally short and I don't want to be spoiled.
    I'll start on Regular and then this weekend I might go through a Veteran playthrough. I've had less than pleasing experiences when trying to play a game on Veteran firsttime through.

So excited. ;-;
    meh, i was this close <--> to get black ops within 3 hours at a midnight sale but my old mom kinda still is in control of me even though i'm 21. it's humiliating.
    (please someone say nobody gives a damn)
    Last edited by (s.i.e); 8th November 2010 at 7:38 PM.

I know I wouldn't be able to go to midnight launch, but even if I could I probably wouldn't. I have an English exam today.

Ben, I'd say get it, but you know, I'm into COD and stuff.
    Zombies will be sweet.
    Yes I know... uh... Harrison.

Spoiler - I'm guessing that somewhere during the campaign the soldier you play as will die in a scripted event.

Has anyone seen the new meme thing where people put any music to the Black Ops trailer? This one is the best of what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Has anyone seen the new meme thing where people put any music to the Black Ops trailer? This one is the best of what I've seen.
    brb making 500 similar videos

Also, I will give each and everyone of you something on Steam if I'm right when I say the playable character won't die. And vice versa.

I am pretty ****ing sure one character you play as will die.

Also, America **** Yeah + Black Ops trailer is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    i am pretty ****ing sure one character you play as will die.

Also, america **** yeah + black ops trailer is the best.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98hmB9NIWEU

asterisks
    Last edited by Empoleon Bonaparte; 8th November 2010 at 11:02 PM.

This game looks pretty neat, although I have an inherent hate for Activision so no thanks.

The series has been going downhill since Codmw1.

Quote Originally Posted by (s.i.e) View Post
    modern warfare 2 was good. online was just constantly exploited by users and plagued by flamers and whatnot. that's been upsetting alot of people.
    i do hope something's done to decrease that in black ops online. MW2 pretty much proved that the series attract a good amount of assholes.
    MW2's fail was the communities fault? Mmm, close but no cigar gentlebro. (even though there were plenty of assholes to be had)

Black Ops seems to be shaping up real well. The new features like theater look spectacular, even if at the end of the day most of them were still bit off of other games, but that's excusable if they pull it off well. I'll probably pick it up around Christmas, although it would kill me to get caught up in a new game again in a school year like this.
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

I reserved the game but won't pick it up till tomarrow, sombody tell me if online is full of ******* that call everybody F@gots when they get killed. That's the main reason why I don't play as much anymore,13 year old badasses.

Page 1 of 427 123451151101 ... LastLast