Page 309 of 427 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 10663

Thread: The Call of Duty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyy View Post
    Learn to read:
    It's not even possible to snipe anymore. You simply can't beat an assault rifle with no recoil with anything other than another OP weapon.
    i know damn well what i read.

don't expect me to scrounge the thread for every minute detail when you could've been concise about what you meant in one post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    i know damn well what i read.

don't expect me to scrounge the thread for every minute detail when you could've been concise about what you meant in one post.
    Stop trying to blame it on me. You should have read all my posts on the topic before you hastily jump to conclusions.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

You should have read all my posts on the topic before you hastily jump to conclusions.
    fair point

but can we stop? snipers from what i've seen are fine in this game. because of the reduced damage automatic weapons do at range now you just have to avoid cqc and you should be fine. even at that you still have the potential to one-hit kill him if your quickscope is center mass.
    Last edited by Cometk; 9th December 2012 at 7:07 PM.

fair point

but can we stop? snipers from what i've seen are fine in this game. because of the reduced damage automatic weapons do at range now you just have to avoid cqc and you should be fine. even at that you still have the potential to one-hit kill him if your quickscope is center mass.
    Exactly. They don't want overpowered shotgun snipers like the intervention or MSR, but they also don't want them all to be like the snipers in BO1 at launch. I'm happy that my shotgun doesn't lose to the DSR at point blank....sometimes. It's all in the name of balance. Use it like a normal sniper and you'll be fine.

fair point

Wait are you guys now arguing about BO2? Cometk doesn't even have it yet so how would that work.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

fair point

Like IZ said, you don't have BO2, and you wouldn't truly understand how bad snipers are unless you've used them extensively. And trust me, it's much harder to quickscope in this game for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Exactly. They don't want overpowered shotgun snipers like the intervention or MSR, but they also don't want them all to be like the snipers in BO1 at launch. I'm happy that my shotgun doesn't lose to the DSR at point blank....sometimes. It's all in the name of balance. Use it like a normal sniper and you'll be fine.
    The MSR or Intervention were not overpowered at all. Also, if by using snipers "like a normal sniper" means sitting in a corner and camping the whole game, then I guess I will never be normal.

Also, if by using snipers "like a normal sniper" means sitting in a corner and camping the whole game, then I guess I will never be normal.
    That would be the only definition of a normal sniper (except those who camp indoors) those who run around a map or sit in a corner indoors are not sniper's by definition.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Exactly. They don't want overpowered shotgun snipers like the intervention or MSR
    those snipers are completely fine. you put on a sniper for one game and try to play cqc and quickscope, you're gonna get your **** pushed in 90% of the time. having a sniper rifle in close range is no end-all be-all guarantee you'll win. you have one shot, you **** up you die.

Like IZ said, you don't have BO2, and you wouldn't truly understand how bad snipers are unless you've used them extensively. And trust me, it's much harder to quickscope in this game for various reasons.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlMhwXbHmGY

guess i been hanging around 402thunder402's twitter too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlMhwXbHmGY

guess i been hanging around 402thunder402's twitter too much.
    1. That guy sucks dick. He keeps missing from close range with a shotgun, which is his fault, not the game's fault.

2. The no scope kills were luck, and the snipers no scope ability was nerfed in the recent patch.

3. Those snipers were actually pretty good. Ignoring the fact that the guy kept missing at point-blank range with his shotgun, it is pretty hard to quickscope in this game.

Overall, that usually never happens in BO2. That video is a complete misrepresentation of the actual gameplay.

Yea don't think you know a lot from a game just by watching videos of it.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Yea don't think you know a lot from a game just by watching videos of it.
    true, true. But I honestly think that if you're going to use a sniper like a shotgun, just use a shotgun. Treyarch does a good job of balancing each gun to their own specified niche. Snipers in Treyarch games are meant for long range, but BO2 was a compromise between IW snipers (which you think are normal, but most non-snipers find OP) and BO1 snipers (which were underpowered prepatch but I think were good afterwards). Most quickscopers want the snipers to be so powerful that they beat shotguns at CQC. IW might do that but I doubt Treyarch will. Long story short, if you want OP snipers (or what you consider "good") then play an IW game. Treyarch won't cater to just the quickscopers and trickshotters.

Anyone who thinks snipers in MW2 and MW3 are overpowered is just simply wrong. It takes a lot of work and practice to get good at quickscoping, and you make it seem like you can just pick up a sniper and quickscope like a pro.

I've already explained that quickscoping is not overpowered, and I'm not going to waste my time explaining it again since I know you won't listen.

true, true. But I honestly think that if you're going to use a sniper like a shotgun, just use a shotgun. Treyarch does a good job of balancing each gun to their own specified niche. Snipers in Treyarch games are meant for long range, but BO2 was a compromise between IW snipers (which you think are normal, but most non-snipers find OP) and BO1 snipers (which were underpowered prepatch but I think were good afterwards). Most quickscopers want the snipers to be so powerful that they beat shotguns at CQC. IW might do that but I doubt Treyarch will. Long story short, if you want OP snipers (or what you consider "good") then play an IW game. Treyarch won't cater to just the quickscopers and trickshotters.
    But you can't use Snipers any other way. They've made it impossible to camp, with every location in every map having multiple entrances. Camping is what makes snipers useful, but you can't do that nor can you quick-scope which people have discovered to make snipers actually useful at all in the game.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Anyone who thinks snipers in MW2 and MW3 are overpowered is just simply wrong. It takes a lot of work and practice to get good at quickscoping, and you make it seem like you can just pick up a sniper and quickscope like a pro.

I've already explained that quickscoping is not overpowered, and I'm not going to waste my time explaining it again since I know you won't listen.
    I never said that you could just pick one up and get good at quickscoping. But you see many more quickscopers in IW games for a reason. Treyarch isn't the developer to the game that quickscoping originated, and they don't seem to think that snipers should be used as shotguns. Even by the experienced snipers. And ducks, there's a reason for shock charges, betties, and trophy systems And when you're using a sniper it's not really camping. Snipers were created to kill the birds called snipes because they couldn't get too close or it would fly away, and if they tried to shoot a normal rifle they would miss. They didn't run up to the birds and quickscope or no-scope it. That defeats the purpose of the gun. Like I said before, Treyarch gives each class of gun a unique niche. And they do what they do based on average stats of so many players....they don't ask people "hey what gun is too weak?" They use the real stats to figure it out. Snipers were over performing so they got nerfed. Simple as that.

I know I'm just repeating myself, and I know you'll never understand, but I will say it again: snipers were never "over performing," and snipers were never overpowered.

Also, you bring up the point of the purpose of sniper rifles IN REAL LIFE. There is a big difference between snipers in real life and snipers in video games. Real life snipers sit for hours, even days, in one spot until they kill their target. But would you like to do that in a video game? The answer is no. Don't even try to compare real life snipers to video game snipers.

I understand exactly what you are saying, but that is your opinion and they got nerfed for a reason. But "over performing" by whose standards? Yours? Mine? Neither. I will repeat myself again. The snipers were over performing based on Treyarch's math results. Not what I think or what you think. A person is biased towards certain weapons based on if they use them or if they annoy them ect. Math isn't biased. The math told them the data, from which they determined a nerf was needed. That's all that happened. And I know video games are not realistic, but snipers in CoD were not created in the "shotgun" class of weapon, correct?
    Last edited by AJ; 10th December 2012 at 12:19 AM.

I understand exactly what you are saying, but that is your opinion and they got nerfed for a reason. But "over performing" by whose standards? Yours? Mine? Neither. I will repeat myself again. The snipers were over performing based on Treyarch's math results. Not what I think or what you think. A person is biased towards certain weapons based on if they use them or if they annoy them ect. Math isn't biased. The math told them the data, from which they determined a nerf was needed. That's all that happened.
    What bullsh*t math? Post proof.

And I know video games are not realistic, but snipers in CoD were not created in the "shotgun" class of weapon, correct?
    How are they like shotguns? Quickscoping takes a certain amount of skill, even from close range.

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/...86128006369280
    If you want I can go search for the video in which treyarch talks about the "Black Box" that allows them to see this math and make changes to the game directly.

On a side note, I think it would be a good idea to enlist AoW in any clan operation since we get no penalty for not doing it. We missed 2 of them this weekend and there's a TDM and Kill Confirmed one for next weekend.

That's not what I mean. I want to see the specific math results that determined that snipers are overpowered, and I'm not going to just take Vonderhaar's word for it. I don't see in any way how math could help them determine that snipers are overpowered.

That's not what I mean. I want to see the specific math results that determined that snipers are overpowered, and I'm not going to just take Vonderhaar's word for it. I don't see in any way how math could help them determine that snipers are overpowered.
    You actually think they'd release that information because one person on a random forum who's theme is in no way associated with CoD is angry about the nerf and demands proof?
    Good luck with that.

I never said that you could just pick one up and get good at quickscoping. But you see many more quickscopers in IW games for a reason. Treyarch isn't the developer to the game that quickscoping originated, and they don't seem to think that snipers should be used as shotguns. Even by the experienced snipers. And ducks, there's a reason for shock charges, betties, and trophy systems And when you're using a sniper it's not really camping. Snipers were created to kill the birds called snipes because they couldn't get too close or it would fly away, and if they tried to shoot a normal rifle they would miss. They didn't run up to the birds and quickscope or no-scope it. That defeats the purpose of the gun. Like I said before, Treyarch gives each class of gun a unique niche. And they do what they do based on average stats of so many players....they don't ask people "hey what gun is too weak?" They use the real stats to figure it out. Snipers were over performing so they got nerfed. Simple as that.
    First of all, I went into MW3 with no quick-scoping experience but I was able to very quickly learn how to quick-scope pretty well, and I did alright whenever I went to my friend's house to play. Moving on.

You're saying, okay, snipers should be used the way they're used in real life (albeit slightly modified) but it's too hard to do that. Betties, shock charges, and trophy systems are fine, but whenever I use them and try to stay in one area and snipe, I always end up getting killed because of the many entrances to every area on every map, which I can't keep an eye on at all times. Not to mention the fact that they nerfed Ghost to near-useless status, gave players Millimeter-scanners, and other things that prevent camping, using a sniper the way you're suggesting is harder than ever, but you think that by just using a tactical grenade or "camping grenade" as I call them, you'll be able to do well with them. That's just not true.

You actually think they'd release that information because one person on a random forum who's theme is in no way associated with CoD is angry about the nerf and demands proof?
    Good luck with that.
    So there is no proof. Figures.

Despite what Treyarch's "math team" says, the truth is that snipers are way too underpowered when compared to regular guns. I know that Treyarch will not buff the snipers, even though they clearly need a buff. Snipers were perfectly fine in MW2 and MW3, but Treyarch just doesn't understand how sniping works in Call of Duty on the same level that Infinity Ward does.

Anyway, this argument is going nowhere because neither you nor I have substantial proof to back up our claims. Some people will side with Treyarch, some will not. Also, I got diamond for all the snipers, so I'm not mad because I'm just bad at sniping.
    Last edited by Moneyy; 10th December 2012 at 12:38 AM.

I'll admit that camping has been nerfed, and in most cases that's a good thing, but you're right with all the entrances. I've seen campers with claymorex2 and shock charges that scavenge from the enemies that get shocked and just keep putting things down. I'd say snipers bet fit maps like turbine which have rooms with one entrance, but are easily accessible to nades. The perches on that map and places like plaza have 1 way in, but 10000 ways to throw nades. Which is why I said trophies. Albiet they will fail alot, they can help! Sniping did get more difficult than in previous games, but you're comparing 2 different game developers. Saying that MW3 had it this way and BO2 doesn't isn't stating much. Treyarch is not IW and visa versa.

EDIT: @moneyy our argument is based on lack of proof and an excess of opinion. I'll admit that much. Vonderhaar is feeding us facts that we have no evidence of. He may be telling the truth or he may pull another BO1 by saying that the PS3 and PC versions were not ported versions of Xbox, which he later admitted that they were.

EDIT2: Anyone not able to edit custom classes on elite because it says you haven't met one of these requirements? http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/...9at34723PM.png
    Last edited by AJ; 10th December 2012 at 12:49 AM.

Alright, here's a change of topic, since I know I'm right and you won't admit it :P
    Is the Dual Band scope any good? I haven't used it very much, but I'm thinking about starting to use it.

I said camping is harder, but not that you were right lol

And I like dual band on the HAMR, and since grip does nothing in this game, Quickdraw+Dual Band HAMR ftw. And cold blooded people are still easy to see. Anyone wanna answer my question about elite?

Page 309 of 427 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409 ... LastLast