Page 357 of 427 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 10663

Thread: The Call of Duty Thread

I called it. I told Whitestone studio was firing range yesterday. It leaked today. Boom.

I recently unlocked ACOG for the Ballista (I'm not much of a sniper...at all) and it is a hell of a lot easier with it. I can actually see when trying to snipe, and the occasional "Panic-scope," that is, quickscoping when some guy pops up right in front of you before you can get a pistol out, is also easier. (Although I still hate people who do nothing but quickscope) I cannot wait for iron sights. Does anyone else find it odd that you need to use a point to take the scope off the Ballista?

Credit to FrozenConstellation

Good job, AJ! Also Mob of the Dead will be in Alcatraz!! And I think we will get actors as playable characters again.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

They need an crossbow for mob of the dead that's totally badass that functions and looks like the one Daryl has in the walking dead. It would make sense as the setting for the walking dead this season was a prison. It needs to be freaking accurate unlike the multiplayer one that is **** 50% time.
    Last edited by Mr.Billehh; 3rd April 2013 at 11:18 PM.

I am 99.9% sure (if my source that told me about studio) is right, that Al Capone is a character in Mob of the Dead. Kinda weird how the DLC is out in 2 weeks from today on Xbox yet no trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    I am 99.9% sure (if my source that told me about studio) is right, that Al Capone is a character in Mob of the Dead. Kinda weird how the DLC is out in 2 weeks from today on Xbox yet no trailer.
    I believe that. Just look at the best buy description for Uprising.
        Spoiler:- Pic:

kinda makes sense
    DLC 2 for BO1: Call Of the Dead. 4 Actors play themselves stuck in Siberia. Not the original characters. Stupid annoying Director-boss (romero) Wunderwaffe obtainable via EE or killing Director. EDIT: Lighthouse +showing PaP location.
    DLC 2 for BO2: Mob Of the Dead. 4 Actors play gangsters stuck on Alcatraz. Not the original characters. Hopfully there's no director. But I'm hoping there's a thundergun. EDIT:New hi-res pic shows lighthouse. Maybe Pap locator as well?

If they follow the pattern, DLC 3 should follow suit of Shangri-la
    Last edited by AJ; 4th April 2013 at 2:40 AM.

kinda makes sense
    DLC 2 for BO1: Call Of the Dead. 4 Actors play themselves stuck in Siberia. Not the original characters. Stupid annoying Director-boss (romero) Wunderwaffe obtainable via EE or killing Director. EDIT: Lighthouse +showing PaP location.
    DLC 2 for BO2: Mob Of the Dead. 4 Actors play gangsters stuck on Alcatraz. Not the original characters. Hopfully there's no director. But I'm hoping there's a thundergun. EDIT:New hi-res pic shows lighthouse. Maybe Pap locator as well?

Haha I called it. (the part of it being similar to Call of the Dead)
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

kinda makes sense

Shangri-la was easily the worst zombies map it's just that awful please not another map like shangri.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Billehh View Post
    Shangri-la was easily the worst zombies map it's just that awful please not another map like shangri.
    Lol how was it bad? I didn't like the fact you couldn't really hold a single area off, but it wasn't that bad was it? Sure the random perk spots was bleh but I loved using the spike traps and the baby maker gun and stuff. Plus the minecart was boss.

Shangi-la was horrible. I never lasted long and it was small. Plus luck was what was the real factor, not mainly skill.

Also supposedly, according to a source, you build an airplane that flies you to the goldenstate bridge where you can pack a punch your guns.
    Last edited by *IZ*; 4th April 2013 at 4:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Shangi-la was horrible. I never lasted long and it was small. Plus luck was what was the real factor, not mainly skill.

Also supposedly, according to a source, you build an airplane that flies you to the goldenstate bridge where you can pack a punch your guns.
    The plane thing sounds iffy.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post

Hmm I wonder if the plane will be like the bus? Except for the fact you have to build the plane.

kinda makes sense

Was Die Rise like Ascension then?

I actually liked Shangri-La a lot. I think the reason most people liked it was because there was no easy area to hold off in, as was said. I bet you loved Ascension because you could train really easily, right??

Hmm I wonder if the plane will be like the bus? Except for the fact you have to build the plane.
    I'm tired of having things required to be built. The Pack a punch machine was never built by me because it was too much work for not enough gain (in my opinion). Same with the Jet Gun. The Trample Steam and the Sliquifier were alright, but they also weren't required to do well, so I didn't mind them nearly as much.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Make romero return!!!!

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

anybody wanna play bo1 tonight?

Who else saw that trailer? All the maps look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    Was Die Rise like Ascension then?

I actually liked Shangri-La a lot. I think the reason most people liked it was because there was no easy area to hold off in, as was said. I bet you loved Ascension because you could train really easily, right??

I'm tired of having things required to be built. The Pack a punch machine was never built by me because it was too much work for not enough gain (in my opinion). Same with the Jet Gun. The Trample Steam and the Sliquifier were alright, but they also weren't required to do well, so I didn't mind them nearly as much.
    Well yes I do like ascension, but Im not a train maker usually. please god no Romero he is such a pain.
    Watched the trailer all maps look great can't wait to play them the 15th or 14th of may !
    I noticed a thompson OH HELL YES!! (zombies of course)
    Last edited by Mr.Billehh; 4th April 2013 at 11:03 PM.

please god no Romero he is such a pain.
    He may be a pain but he is a good boss to play against and it's fun to figure out stradegies in order to kil him or avoid him

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I really hope Mob of the Dead revitalizes BO2 Zombies. I don't hate it or anything, but I can say without a doubt that BO2 Zombies is a step back from BO1 (minus the oh-so-needed mechanic improvements such as host-migrations).

This map looks insane. Not a big fan of the name, even though we do have an explanation for it now, but the idea of Zombies in Alcatraz is cool as f*ck, and they can do a lot of things with it. Also, I noticed the Zombies have red eyes, which implies neither Richtofen nor Samantha control the Zombies. This map is set in the mid-1930s, which is before the Nazis experimented with Element 115, so this will bring an interesting twist to the storyline, or they may disregard it completely, although the latter seems unlikely.

I personally believe this map does have some form of relation to Call of the Dead, the devs themselves said in the reveal trailer they are trying to take CoTD and improve on it. Despite this, I don't think that the other two DLC packs will share similarities with the BO1 DLCs, after all, Die Rise is NOTHING like Ascension and after the somewhat negative response Shangri-La received I think they are finished with jungle / swamp maps.
    Last edited by Mister_SGG; 5th April 2013 at 1:33 AM.

Well Firing range is back but don't be too optimistic. People were excited about nuketown coming back, but because of the difference between games, Nuketown in BO2 is a shotgun sniper smg map. In BO1 ARs were usable but now not so much

Well Firing range is back but don't be too optimistic. People were excited about nuketown coming back, but because of the difference between games, Nuketown in BO2 is a shotgun sniper smg map. In BO1 ARs were usable but now not so much
    I was originally PUMPED for the Firing Range remake as it is my favourite COD map ever, but considering how this game plays (i.e. OP as f*ck snipers, Target Finder LMGs) it may taint the map's reputation like Nuketown 2025 did.

Granted, Nuketown, in my opinion, wasn't a good map in the first place, just a small deathtrap where the game were fast paced and you could get lots of kills (I still have nightmares from the Demolition spawn trapping). Firing Range I think is actually well designed, if a bit campy, but overally will probably perform better in this game than Nuketown did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    I was originally PUMPED for the Firing Range remake as it is my favourite COD map ever, but considering how this game plays (i.e. OP as f*ck snipers, Target Finder LMGs) it may taint the map's reputation like Nuketown 2025 did.

Granted, Nuketown, in my opinion, wasn't a good map in the first place, just a small deathtrap where the game were fast paced and you could get lots of kills (I still have nightmares from the Demolition spawn trapping). Firing Range I think is actually well designed, if a bit campy, but overally will probably perform better in this game than Nuketown did.
    THE 1 THING THAT WILL COMPLETELY RUIN FIRING RANGE: Target Finder LMGs.
    Called it. Now no one else can.

I really hope Mob of the Dead revitalizes BO2 Zombies. I don't hate it or anything, but I can say without a doubt that BO2 Zombies is a step back from BO1 (minus the oh-so-needed mechanic improvements such as host-migrations).

This map looks insane. Not a big fan of the name, even though we do have an explanation for it now, but the idea of Zombies in Alcatraz is cool as f*ck, and they can do a lot of things with it. Also, I noticed the Zombies have red eyes, which implies neither Richtofen nor Samantha control the Zombies. This map is set in the mid-1930s, which is before the Nazis experimented with Element 115, so this will bring an interesting twist to the storyline, or they may disregard it completely, although the latter seems unlikely.

I personally believe this map does have some form of relation to Call of the Dead, the devs themselves said in the reveal trailer they are trying to take CoTD and improve on it. Despite this, I don't think that the other two DLC packs will share similarities with the BO1 DLCs, after all, Die Rise is NOTHING like Ascension and after the somewhat negative response Shangri-La received I think they are finished with jungle / swamp maps.
    I didn't notice those eye things, good job for seeing that!

I do agree that overall Zombies is a step back, but I love Die Rise for the most part over, like, Moon. I agree Moon was a good map, I just didn't like it that much. However, most of Black Ops 1 had better Zombies than BO2.

As for the Call of the Dead similarities, they could definitely have the parts of the map within the prison, but they probably also have parts of it above ground with more freedom in movement, and I think it'll be these parts of the map that will be most similar, in that you'll have water, boats, docks, stuff like that, but also outdoors and maybe the return of CotD fog (though probably not as much). I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out but it's too bad I'll have to wait a month to actually play it (hopefully my friend gets it so I can play it on his Xbox early ).

Nuketown was good in that it was really the only small map (I mean REALLY small. You could run from one end to the other in about 10 seconds or less). I've had loads of fun on it, but it wasn't that map that totally destroyed all the other maps in terms of good gameplay. As you said, it was really a deathtrap.

During BO1 I didn't actually like Firing Range that much, and to be honest, I almost (key word being almost) feel cheated that they're including what is essentially an old map in a DLC that is being paid for. I would expect that for $15, you'd be getting new content, right? However, if the other maps and the zombies map are good enough to support it, then so be it. Maybe making it look all new and stuff will make it look better in my eyes.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    During BO1 I didn't actually like Firing Range that much, and to be honest, I almost (key word being almost) feel cheated that they're including what is essentially an old map in a DLC that is being paid for. I would expect that for $15, you'd be getting new content, right?
    That's why it is reskinned and reimagined like Cliffside and Hazard. When they brought the COD4 maps to MW2 it was a bit cheap, as they were exactly the same. With Terminal they at least made it free because it was exactly the same albeit with different colours, which overally IMO made the map look lifeless and boring.

Page 357 of 427 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407 ... LastLast