Page 188 of 427 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 10663

Thread: The Call of Duty Thread

I also cannot wait until BLOPS II. Reading the article on that site, it mentions Co-op and something about being able to drive helicopters regularly and in a different way than past COD's. I guess it is safe to assume that Treyarch are really pulling out all of the stops to making this COD different to all of the others. That means it will either be the best, or the worst imo.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    I guess it is safe to assume that Treyarch are really pulling out all of the stops to making this COD different to all of the others.
    That's what we think about every new Call of Duty but they always end up disappointing us.

That means it will either be the best, or the worst imo.
    Both. The best in the first month or 2, then people will hate it.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Both. The best in the first month or 2, then people will hate it.
    That's how it has been with every COD except Mw3. It had a month at most before people hated it. This is the only one I've completely stopped playing for a period of time on several occasions.

Speaking of which, I played Mw3 today for the first time in a few weeks, and it was ok. I got a MOAB and other than some lag and Seatown campers, it was overall pretty enjoyable.

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    That's how it has been with every COD except Mw3. It had a month at most before people hated it. This is the only one I've completely stopped playing for a period of time on several occasions.

Speaking of which, I played Mw3 today for the first time in a few weeks, and it was ok. I got a MOAB and other than some lag and Seatown campers, it was overall pretty enjoyable.
    I was thinking about playing MW3 today after going more than a month without touching it. I don't think 'd get a MOAB but I'm pretty sure I'd run into tons of corner campers.

Credit to zhanton

The only reason as to why I am considering Black Ops 2 a unique COD and possibly either the best or worst is because of all of the new mechanisms they are bringing into the game, and the fact that it will be more of a direct sequel than any of the past treyarch COD's. But the fact that it is supposed to be set in the 1980's and they are trying to bring in Osprey Gunners which are modern inventions-Trying too hard to please the MW3 fans but nevermind.

I was actually on MW3 yesterday playing a few games of Domination. I was on Carbon and ran a Shotgun+Riot Shield combo which was hilarious and I racked up a couple of kills. Then afterwards I felt like trolling and played a game of Search and Destroy with a riot shield and was the first to get the bomb-then hid in the corner of the map when I had about three or four young canadian children screaming at me to plant the bomb Ah good times...
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

Those reasons are why CoD2 is still the best one. CoD3 had some pretty fun online too.

Just bought the DLC pack. Had some spare money on PSN and figured what the hell. Besides if I'm going to start playing Mw3 again, I might as well do it on the only good maps in the game.
    Edit: For some reason everytime I play on the new maps I get stuck with an awful team. I haven't won a single match in the Collection 1 playlist yet.

I was thinking about playing MW3 today after going more than a month without touching it. I don't think 'd get a MOAB but I'm pretty sure I'd run into tons of corner campers.
    Like I said, I played a FFA on Seatown, and literally EVERYBODY ELSE was camping in a corner the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Those reasons are why CoD2 is still the best one. CoD3 had some pretty fun online too.
    Too bad it's only for the 360 and PC =(

Then afterwards I felt like trolling and played a game of Search and Destroy with a riot shield and was the first to get the bomb-then hid in the corner of the map when I had about three or four young canadian children screaming at me to plant the bomb Ah good times...
    How do you know they were Canadian?
    Last edited by Mister_SGG; 30th April 2012 at 5:00 PM.

Jeez it seems like its store wars, trying to get attention by leaking the next CoD game lol.

But yea I got 2 MOABs yesterday in infected but my friend called his MOAB as soon as I got it so when I pressed the MOAB thing it made me wait, and at that time I died.

But I used the other one, so it was all good.

World Reveal soon.

Probably won't live up to the hype, but whateves

World Reveal soon.

Probably won't live up to the hype, but whateves
    Haha. It'll still sell millions on the first day.

Credit to zhanton

Haha. It'll still sell millions on the first day.
    10 years from now, COD will probably make billions.

Unless Respawn Entertainment kicks it's a**

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1224082p1.html

Not much, but very interesting stuff indeed. Not what I was expecting though this was probably widely rumoured. Set in the future and meant to have a setting of a "21st Century Cold War"

The official trailer should be up within a few hours, actually excited for it

Isn't the trailer going to be shown during the Bulls and 76ers game today?

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Isn't the trailer going to be shown during the Bulls and 76ers game today?
    Probably. They usually do it during the NBA playoffs.

Credit to zhanton

The Trailer Wow. This is amazing.

Just seen the trailer and wow. Totally not what I expected indeed, they actually brought back Frank Woods somehow. But I don't like the idea of mounting horses and fighting turned robots in Los Angeles for some strange reason, I would have preferred a historical sequel like Mason, Hudson and Weaver in the 1970's/1980's maybe watching the end of Soviet Russia. Oh well, probably will get this game but a lot of it has changed and well...I was hoping it would be a better sequel.

Also Woods was in his 40's back in Black Ops, does that mean he is 100 in 2025 Black Ops 2? Damn.

Day 1 pirate for campaign only.

For some reason, BO 1's trailer is better. IMO that is.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

i'm not that excited for halo 4

ZOMBIES IS COMING BACK

Also in the trailer there was a guy that was focused on a lot, he kind of looked like Mason. But since Mason would be old like Woods, possibly Mason's son?

Well while I still plan to be playing Halo 4 when Black Ops II comes out the trailer has certainly peaked my interest. I like the premise on display, it'll be interesting to see if it's executed well though - after all Black Ops has arguably the best story in the CoD franchise but I personally I felt the narrative ended before the game did, so I felt like I played the last few missions just to see the end of the game rather than being pushed through to the end by the narrative, and that the pace was too hectic.

ZOMBIES IS COMING BACK

Also in the trailer there was a guy that was focused on a lot, he kind of looked like Mason. But since Mason would be old like Woods, possibly Mason's son?
    The playable character of Black Ops 2 is someone called David Mason, the son of Alex Mason. The guy you see in the trailer a lot is someone called 'Harper'. All of this is over on the Call of Duty wikia if you want to check it out.

Three words for the new trailer: What. The. ****? Just giving my opinions on trailer:
    -Words pop up on the screen with Frank Woods. I am immediantly stunned and suprised he is just being obviously reintroduced when I thought he would be kept a secret within the story.

-He shows a lot of hate towards the Chinese, might have something to do with him being a POW in Hanoi Hilton. How long was he in there though?

-Saw the fighting stuff, the new guns and aircraft just scream Gears of Wars rip-offs but I'll let that slide.

-Horses? Really Treyarch, horses? We're going to mount some horses to defeat an army of robots

-'The enemy could be anyone', how does that apply to the enemy robots?

-The main antagonist is someone called Raul Mendenez after reading it on COD wikia, have no idea what this means.

-So aside from Frank Woods being in this game as well as Mason's son, how is this a direct sequel to Black Ops?

Treyarch, I know modern warfare has ended and gears of war and battlefield are doing great as well as other games like red dead redemption, but do you have to try and combine everything into one thing that makes no sense at all?

Zombies-At least that will be good, the original characters will probably return since they'll be teleporters to bring them to 2025.

EDIT: Ok, I was wrong before, this debut interview has given me hope that Black Ops 2 will actually be the best COD Treyarch will have done.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/de...call-of/729707

1/3 of the game takes place in the 1980's and will apparently include characters like Mason, Woods and Hudson, so a lot of story questions can be wrapped up there but new ones can be introduced that will be answered in 2025. Treyarch are doing multiple endings and also wanted to create a three dimensional villain that can be kept throughout their future cod games and they also wanted to give him a backstory. All of this has gotten me geared up for the game, I honestly cannot wait

EDIT 2: Another website which gives a good breakdown of the trailer, spots the sections that are in the 1980's and the ones that are in 2025:
    http://www.nowgamer.com/features/135...ou_missed.html

What interested me is the second last one, which talks about how Frank Woods may have escaped prison, and likely the main villain of the game, Raul Menendez, got him as part of his speculated pact with the Chinese. Then Mason and perhaps some others broke him out and are escaping on horses. Woods looks like the one on the black horse due to the beard and the clothes he is sporting. Seems the 1980's section will feature massively on Operation Charybdis, showing what happened to Alex Mason, Hudson and Weaver. I am trying to prepare myself incase they all do actually get killed by the SAS

Guess with all of this new stuff, it would be too much to ask for Viktor Reznov to return, at least in the 1980's section of it?
    Last edited by I-am-the-peel; 2nd May 2012 at 6:44 PM.

Yay they combinated metal gear solid 4 guns and patriots with cod black ops I am so exited

ZOMBIES IS COMING BACK

God I ****ing hope not. Mason was the most uninteresting main character ever. To be honest I would have liked the Black Ops name to have been dropped altogether because the campaign/multiplayer has left a bad taste in mine (and presumably others') mouths.

As for the trailer? I saw nothing new or game-changing. Treyarch I am disappoint. Not surprised, but still disappoint.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Just came across this which looks seriously epic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUuZLizL4cg

He mentioned a sandbox feature under the multiplayer bit, so I don't know if I should propose this, but could their be custom zombie maps? He also talks about how several modes will be taken to the next level and mentions something about a black ops group of missions across the world-Which makes me think it is the treyarch version of spec ops.

The playable character of Black Ops 2 is someone called David Mason, the son of Alex Mason. The guy you see in the trailer a lot is someone called 'Harper'. All of this is over on the Call of Duty wikia if you want to check it out.

Three words for the new trailer: What. The. ****? Just giving my opinions on trailer:
    -Words pop up on the screen with Frank Woods. I am immediantly stunned and suprised he is just being obviously reintroduced when I thought he would be kept a secret within the story.

-He shows a lot of hate towards the Chinese, might have something to do with him being a POW in Hanoi Hilton. How long was he in there though?

-Saw the fighting stuff, the new guns and aircraft just scream Gears of Wars rip-offs but I'll let that slide.

-Horses? Really Treyarch, horses? We're going to mount some horses to defeat an army of robots

-'The enemy could be anyone', how does that apply to the enemy robots?

-The main antagonist is someone called Raul Mendenez after reading it on COD wikia, have no idea what this means.

-So aside from Frank Woods being in this game as well as Mason's son, how is this a direct sequel to Black Ops?

Treyarch, I know modern warfare has ended and gears of war and battlefield are doing great as well as other games like red dead redemption, but do you have to try and combine everything into one thing that makes no sense at all?

Zombies-At least that will be good, the original characters will probably return since they'll be teleporters to bring them to 2025.

EDIT: Ok, I was wrong before, this debut interview has given me hope that Black Ops 2 will actually be the best COD Treyarch will have done.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/de...call-of/729707

1/3 of the game takes place in the 1980's and will apparently include characters like Mason, Woods and Hudson, so a lot of story questions can be wrapped up there but new ones can be introduced that will be answered in 2025. Treyarch are doing multiple endings and also wanted to create a three dimensional villain that can be kept throughout their future cod games and they also wanted to give him a backstory. All of this has gotten me geared up for the game, I honestly cannot wait

EDIT 2: Another website which gives a good breakdown of the trailer, spots the sections that are in the 1980's and the ones that are in 2025:
    http://www.nowgamer.com/features/135...ou_missed.html

What interested me is the second last one, which talks about how Frank Woods may have escaped prison, and likely the main villain of the game, Raul Menendez, got him as part of his speculated pact with the Chinese. Then Mason and perhaps some others broke him out and are escaping on horses. Woods looks like the one on the black horse due to the beard and the clothes he is sporting. Seems the 1980's section will feature massively on Operation Charybdis, showing what happened to Alex Mason, Hudson and Weaver. I am trying to prepare myself incase they all do actually get killed by the SAS

Guess with all of this new stuff, it would be too much to ask for Viktor Reznov to return, at least in the 1980's section of it?
    Don't judge a book by its cover kids. ^^^ This just proved why.

Fuck yea zombies is back.

It actually looks like they can pull it through and make it badass. I'm impressed.

Page 188 of 427 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast