Page 3 of 427 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Call of Duty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by (s.i.e) View Post
    i consider it a good thing. many people play those games for the violence, that's not the point behind cod.
    Sure, but I still don't like the series.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Guys, even some on /v/ of all places think this could quite possibly be the greatest COD multiplayer of all time.
    At this point, it is.

alsolol@pikasaur

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    MW2 > BO

if i wanted to get spawn killed i would stayed in MW2 (nuketown gets it the worst)

i also cant camp as well as i did in MW2 which is why i go 12-22 or 22-23 all the time.

Shoulda kept the money and bought kirbys epic yarn and saved the other 10$ for the FO: NV DLC that i heard thier already planning
    ...Da hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Guys, even some on /v/ of all places think this could quite possibly be the greatest COD multiplayer of all time.
    At this point, it is.
    Is it that good? How does the core gameplay (not features) compare to CoD 4?
    Last edited by Surfing_Pikachu; 12th November 2010 at 2:04 AM.
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing_Pikachu View Post
    Is it that good? How does the core gameplay (not features) compare to CoD?
    Shoot people, get points.

Core gameplay, right?

Apparently, the Wii version of Black Ops is made by the same group that handled CoD:MW Reflex edition. Which is a good thing. Which means that it's just a lower resolution port with some of the Special Effects removed. Roughly the same game, but on a somewhat lower scale.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

At this stage, Black Ops is the greatest COD game in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by natie View Post
    Sure, but I still don't like the series.
    thats allright, what kind of games do you like tto play if i may ask?

At this stage, Black Ops is the greatest COD game in my opinion.
    is it just me or do you say that with every new cod game?
    imo cod4 is the best closely followed by cod1. big red one (PS2) was nice aswell though but it lacked soundtrack. i'm still not sure if that's normal or some damn glitch just i had.

It is just you, as we've never talked about any other COD game besides MW2, until now.
    I started with MW1, only played campaign, got MW2, played campaign and multiplayer, then eventually got into MW1's multiplayer. I bought W@W shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by (s.i.e) View Post
    thats allright, what kind of games do you like tto play if i may ask?
    Everything, really. Except those hardcore puzzle games. Those are just plain boring.

Or if you're talking about shooters: mostly the completely unrealistic stuff like Halo 'n ****. I can enjoy some realism at times, but not much. I'll play (something like) CoD for an hour and then go back to playing (something like) Halo, pretty much.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing_Pikachu View Post
    ...Da hell?
    was that at me thinking i shoulda bought kirby insted, or just me thinking MW2 is better than BO?

or both

3 days in and i still get the feeling that this is not as fun as MW2 was/still is.
    Last edited by Pikasaur; 11th November 2010 at 3:22 PM.

It is just you, as we've never talked about any other COD game besides MW2, until now.
    I started with MW1, only played campaign, got MW2, played campaign and multiplayer, then eventually got into MW1's multiplayer. I bought W@W shortly after.
    So how's Gun Game? From the youtube vids it looks like the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Also I think you've gotta give the multiplayer a lot more time for balance/map issues before declaring it better than CoD4.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjascyther View Post
    So how's Gun Game? From the youtube vids it looks like the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Also I think you've gotta give the multiplayer a lot more time for balance/map issues before declaring it better than CoD4.
    It's really good, but I wish the 20 guns weren't the same everytime. I mean, I know there's Sharpshooter, but those are completely random.

Gun Game is incredibly good, but at the same time it can be incredibly frustrating. If you're not good with pistols, it's hard to get off that starting position. And it doesn't help that the next gun are akimbo pistols.
    Also, it, along with all gametypes are almost hell on Jungle (although I did have a decent game on Jungle playing DOM).

Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon Bonaparte View Post
    Shoot people, get points.

Core gameplay, right?
    'Doh, silly me. I meant to say CoD 4. Herpa derpa snerk.
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

Rocking the AK47u with a Supressor. I'm Level 20 now. When I reach 30, I'm going to start experimenting a lot more with guns.
    My emblem right now is a pink horse with a knife for a horn, several circles for a rainbow and a light blue background. Robot Unicorn Attack represent. Also, at Level 34 there's some kind of Pony background available.

Also, I got a triple nade off spawn yesterday. I made a (crappy) clip and when all the theatre uploading jazz gets put up properly, I'll upload the clip to YouTube, or make some kind of video with many clips (like, some kind of shitty montage).

I'm loving Black Ops.

I'll tell ya what is the most amusing to me in it. Running of a cliff or hill, and diving to prone in the air while screaming "Superman!"

=^______^=
    [center]

XD

=^_^=
    PSN: iluvwobbuffet
    Twin: Darato [<3]

i hate the dive to prone feature, myself. everytime i want to dive to prone i can never get it to work. Then when i just wanna duck down without the dive, so i can get a care package for example, i end up diving on top of the care package and getting killed.

dive to prone would be cool, if it worked right.

also, my emblem right now, just an orange monkey.
    Last edited by Pikasaur; 12th November 2010 at 2:13 PM.

I'm getting the hang of dive to prone, still occasionally doing it when I don't want to.

Oh, I've also been playing leap frog when diving to prone, lol.

My emblem right now is this: Awesome Hearts
    [center]

XD

=^_^=
    PSN: iluvwobbuffet
    Twin: Darato [<3]

'74U w/ Grip
    Makarov w/ Sights

Frag // Nova Gas // C4

- Lightweight
    - Sleight of Hand
    - Marathon

: D

...and my emblem is a world globe with a nuke sign on top. Woo.

Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon Bonaparte View Post
    - Lightweight
    - Sleight of Hand
    - Marathon
    also known as the new MLC class -__- cant tell you how many people ive seen using that so far

so, any of you guys started playing vet mode yet?

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    also known as the new MLC class -__- cant tell you how many people ive seen using that so far
    I don't know what servers you're on, cause I've seen that setup exactly two times.

And unlike the MW2 variant, this one is balanced.

kthxbai

Balanced or not, its still annoying. I can honestly say i saw the MLS set-up at least 5 different times, plus im sure a few times on people i didnt watch the kill cam for.

and, im wondering whats everyones highest K/D ratio and killstreak in a match so far. mine is 5.0 K.D and 17 killstreak, same match.
    Last edited by Pikasaur; 12th November 2010 at 10:10 PM.

Holy ****! Five different times!

Anyway, I'm getting used to the dive to prone feature, and use it heavily if I find myself getting hit by air support. It's a little annoying in demo when trying to prone to plant the bomb, but I guess it'll be good when I get used to diving where I can hit the bomb.

Might play some veteran today. I'm going to go for all achievements, but I kinda want to set it up that I get the "BLACK OPS MASTER" achievement last. Because I'm slightly weird and OCD like that.

Page 3 of 427 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast