Page 345 of 427 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 10663

Thread: The Call of Duty Thread

  1. #8601
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The depths of your despair
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    Wouldn't it be more beneficial to run a higher scorestreak that you'd get on a more consistent basis and not awkward to call in on maps like Nuketown and Hijacked?
    Some people (like me) aren't good enough to get anything above the Sentry Gun, so the care package is kinda necessary to possibly get the higher scorestreaks.

    Credit to FrozenConstellation

  2. #8602
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    when i use black hats, i purposely throw care packages on roofs and stuff so if I die, i can still cross map snatch it.

  3. #8603
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    Personally the likelihood of getting something decent above a Sentry Gun is too low to really justify running it when you could just run Counter UAV, Guardian or a Hellstorm missile and just use those scorestreaks to your advantage rather than hoping for a Lodestar or something like that. Fair enough you may want to get a swarm and while there is a good feeling in getting a swarm in a Care Package, I find that if you're good enough to get a Care Package then there is a better feeling in being good enough to get a Counter UAV or a Guardian, using that to your advantage in order to get yourself a couple of extra kills (and assists) and then assuming you are playing the objective you should have a couple of extra points for that to put yourself in the Sentry Gun/Death Machine/War Machine range and then using those to get yourself in the AGR/Stealth Chopper/Orbital VSAT range.

    While it's not exactly the Swarm, Lodestar and K9 Units I think it's a start and it allows you to get better than just relying on a Care Package to get you that high storestreak, plus when you get more confident in your own ability then you can start being a bit more ambitious. I used to think that I'd never get Orbital VSATs unless I used Care Packages but by chaining scorestreaks together and playing smart I'm getting them on regular basis.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience


  4. #8604
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    Wouldn't it be more beneficial to run a higher scorestreak that you'd get on a more consistent basis and not awkward to call in on maps like Nuketown and Hijacked?
    No, plus I enjoy running my killstreaks, that darn care package is like a gamble for me, " Oh Uav... Ummm re-roll..... OH YEAH, LODESTAR" it annoys that crap put of my enemies when something like that happens, so yeah I like that playstyle, it is after all My Playstyle and I have fun with it, which is what matters anyways, to each their own.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  5. #8605
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    when i use black hats, i purposely throw care packages on roofs and stuff so if I die, i can still cross map snatch it.
    I can't believe I forgot about this. Another reason to use the black hat =)

  6. #8606
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    I can't believe I forgot about this. Another reason to use the black hat =)
    I was playing FFA with this strategy. Throw it out of Cargo into the water, and black hat it up. Got a lightning strike but eh, sucks in FFA. Got second place by 2 kills only 28

  7. #8607
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Hey, at least that still counts as a win!
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  8. #8608
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    it does? lol i thought only first does

  9. #8609
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The depths of your despair
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    it does? lol i thought only first does
    Nah, 1st, 2nd and 3rd all count as a victory. If it was only 1st, I'd have like...6 wins in total. XD

    Credit to FrozenConstellation

  10. #8610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    when i use black hats, i purposely throw care packages on roofs and stuff so if I die, i can still cross map snatch it.
    That was my point.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  11. #8611
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Woohoo! The map pack comes out tomorrow and double weapon xp weekend starts on friday!

    Time to prestige my SCAR-H one more time to get marksman and mastery title!

  12. #8612
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    So DLC tonight??
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  13. #8613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    So DLC tonight??
    New dlc? I haven't heard of this,
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  14. #8614
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    New dlc? I haven't heard of this,
    Revolution DLC, by tonight I meant Midnight, making it 2/28/2013 the release date for the DLC, cant wait to play turned with my wife.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  15. #8615
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Revolution DLC, by tonight I meant Midnight, making it 2/28/2013 the release date for the DLC, cant wait to play turned with my wife.
    It should be ready by midnight. My friend will also doing this too.

  16. #8616
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    sucks i can't play the dlc tomorrow busy all day....same friday

  17. #8617
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The depths of your despair
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Does anybody else feel that the fact that the crossbow shows up on radar in BO2 is extremely stupid? I mean, you would think that the perks of having a crossbow while everyone runs arond with AR's and SMG's is that it's silent and stealthy. I think Treyarch was worried about it being OP, but it's already hard to hit someone with the slow, dropping bolt. They need to make the crossbow silenced in a future update.
    Last edited by WillieNelson; 28th February 2013 at 4:25 PM.

    Credit to FrozenConstellation

  18. #8618
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by #SwoobatForUbers View Post
    Does anybody else feel that the fact that the crossbow shows up on radar in BO2 is extremely stupid? I mean, you would think that the perks of having a crossbow while everyone runs arond with AR's and SMG's is that it's silent and stealthy. I think Treyarch was worried about it being OP, but it's already hard to hit someone with the slow, dropping bolt. They need to make the crossbow silenced in a future update.
    I think having Radar Always On in party games is fuc king stupid, It takes the fun out of those gane modes, like O.I.T.C and everything else.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  19. #8619
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    I think having Radar Always On in party games is fuc king stupid, It takes the fun out of those gane modes, like O.I.T.C and everything else.
    I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant that in regular games the crossbow shows up on the radar. However, I agree with your point as well, it's really annoying. It lets someone camp easily and know when other people are coming, for example.

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  20. #8620
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant that in regular games the crossbow shows up on the radar. However, I agree with your point as well, it's really annoying. It lets someone camp easily and know when other people are coming, for example.
    Yeah I know what he meant and he has a point, but I said what I said because Radar had
    been brought up.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  21. #8621
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Yeah I know what he meant and he has a point, but I said what I said because Radar had
    been brought up.
    Okay. I just didn't think you got his point. It's cool.

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  22. #8622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Revolution DLC, by tonight I meant Midnight, making it 2/28/2013 the release date for the DLC, cant wait to play turned with my wife.
    I that that was already out.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  23. #8623
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The depths of your despair
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    I that that was already out.
    It's out for Xbox 360, but not PC or PS3. I have Xbox so I got it earlier :3

    Credit to FrozenConstellation

  24. #8624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by #SwoobatForUbers View Post
    It's out for Xbox 360, but not PC or PS3. I have Xbox so I got it earlier :3
    Me too. I forgot about that. Spoiler alert:     Spoiler:- alert:
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  25. #8625
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The depths of your despair
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Me too. I forgot about that. Spoiler alert:     Spoiler:- alert:
    I like it. It's good for someone that likes moving around a lot but also likes to have reliability and accuracy. A mobile marksman.

    Credit to FrozenConstellation

Page 345 of 427 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •