Page 375 of 427 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,375 of 10663

Thread: The Call of Duty Thread

  1. #9351
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tyler, Tx
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerre View Post
    I heard they got nerfed. Why?

    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

    I though the Remington needed a nerf...
    The Remington seems fine it's those LMG's that need a nerf. No recoil and target finders.

  2. #9352
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerre View Post
    I heard they got nerfed. Why?

    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    But the thing is, they were very much broken.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcXspJUFxjs
    http://youtu.be/tSP0pavMaOU?t=9s

    I though the Remington needed a nerf...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Billehh View Post
    The Remington seems fine it's those LMG's that need a nerf. No recoil and target finders.
    LMGs and the 870 are both insanely OP, and Target Finders need to increase recoil a ton or be completely removed.

  3. #9353
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post

    LMGs and the 870 are both insanely OP, and Target Finders need to increase recoil a ton or be completely removed.
    I agree with the Target Finders. The Spas from MW2 was much more powerful than the 870, even without stopping power. And I've said it before and I'll say it again. In the past, the LMGs have sucked so they decided to balance them. You guys think the LMGs are OP by process of association. You're thinking "well the LMGs used to be like that, and now they're like this, so they must be OP. The LMGs are balanced out. A MK48 can beat an MSMC upclose, but most of the time it won't happen. The MK48 is built to ADS and hold down a hallway. That's why it works so well with a target finder. Because that is what it was made for. Besides, they aren't going to nerf any of the LMGs unless they statistically outperform like the FAL and PDW and Remington did. All those guns had nerfs based on extremely high stats. Keep telling yourself the LMGs are OP, but it's just you comparing an extremely weak weapon of a previous game to a rebalanced one of a current game.

  4. #9354
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,104

    Default

    LMGs are really OP regardless of how they performed in the past. They all have little to no recoil and extremely high damage at all ranges.

  5. #9355
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    I agree with the Target Finders. The Spas from MW2 was much more powerful than the 870, even without stopping power. And I've said it before and I'll say it again. In the past, the LMGs have sucked so they decided to balance them. You guys think the LMGs are OP by process of association. You're thinking "well the LMGs used to be like that, and now they're like this, so they must be OP. The LMGs are balanced out. A MK48 can beat an MSMC upclose, but most of the time it won't happen. The MK48 is built to ADS and hold down a hallway. That's why it works so well with a target finder. Because that is what it was made for. Besides, they aren't going to nerf any of the LMGs unless they statistically outperform like the FAL and PDW and Remington did. All those guns had nerfs based on extremely high stats. Keep telling yourself the LMGs are OP, but it's just you comparing an extremely weak weapon of a previous game to a rebalanced one of a current game.
    I don't think LMG are OP from "process of association". I think they're OP cuz they're ****en OP, not cuz they've sucked in the past.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  6. #9356
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    I agree with the Target Finders. The Spas from MW2 was much more powerful than the 870, even without stopping power. And I've said it before and I'll say it again. In the past, the LMGs have sucked so they decided to balance them. You guys think the LMGs are OP by process of association. You're thinking "well the LMGs used to be like that, and now they're like this, so they must be OP. The LMGs are balanced out. A MK48 can beat an MSMC upclose, but most of the time it won't happen. The MK48 is built to ADS and hold down a hallway. That's why it works so well with a target finder. Because that is what it was made for. Besides, they aren't going to nerf any of the LMGs unless they statistically outperform like the FAL and PDW and Remington did. All those guns had nerfs based on extremely high stats. Keep telling yourself the LMGs are OP, but it's just you comparing an extremely weak weapon of a previous game to a rebalanced one of a current game.
    True, the Spas was better. But the LMGs weren't as bad in the past as you say they were. The L86 in MW3? Fine. RPD with stopping power in MW2 (2 hit kill at all ranges)? Fine. Sure, they may not have been good in BO1, but in MW3, all of them were entirely usable. BO2 lmgs are ridiculously OP, and target finder just makes them that much better.

  7. #9357
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    LMGs are really OP regardless of how they performed in the past. They all have little to no recoil and extremely high damage at all ranges.
    In MW3 all the LMGs were 3 hit kills at all ranges, and the M60 had a 2 hit kill range. Did you try the L86 with grip and thermal in MW3? No recoil at all. The PKP Pecheneg had hardly any recoil with no attachments. The reason you didn't notice how good these guns were is because there were ACRs and MP7s in MW3.
    Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    I don't think LMG are OP from "process of association". I think they're OP cuz they're ****en OP, not cuz they've sucked in the past.
    What makes them ridiculously OP in BO2? Because they can compete with ARs and SMGs? Just because the game isn't dominated by the same two tiers of weapon every year doesn't mean the other guns are OP. Besides, camping can make any gun better. Also in BO2 they heightened the movement speed profile so you run faster with LMGs than you used to be able to. That could be a reason you think they're OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Eagle View Post
    True, the Spas was better. But the LMGs weren't as bad in the past as you say they were. The L86 in MW3? Fine. RPD with stopping power in MW2 (2 hit kill at all ranges)? Fine. Sure, they may not have been good in BO1, but in MW3, all of them were entirely usable. BO2 lmgs are ridiculously OP, and target finder just makes them that much better.
    Yes, but the dominance of assault rifles and sub machine guns overshadows that. Why use an M60 in MW3 when there's an ACR? Why use the HK21 when you could use a Famas? And in MW2 pretty much everything was overpowered lol. The thing is, we're used to having the ARs be the best guns and way better than the others, so when Treyarch decided to balance out the power and make everything have its own niche, people had to get used to a change. ARs aren't what they used to be. SMGs got better. No more UZI from Black Ops or other shitty SMGs. Now we have PDWs and MSMCs that are really good. The MW3 LMGs were good, but they were overshadowed by the extremely overpowered weapons. Not in BO2. I do agree about the target finder, but not the LMGs. You don't have to agree with me, but I'm just trying to say that they aren't OP. It's like a placebo in an indirect, metaphorical way. You feel the gun is too good because you don't have this sugar pill of overpowered ARs to make it seem like it used to.

  8. #9358
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    In MW3 all the LMGs were 3 hit kills at all ranges, and the M60 had a 2 hit kill range. Did you try the L86 with grip and thermal in MW3? No recoil at all. The PKP Pecheneg had hardly any recoil with no attachments. The reason you didn't notice how good these guns were is because there were ACRs and MP7s in MW3.

    What makes them ridiculously OP in BO2? Because they can compete with ARs and SMGs? Just because the game isn't dominated by the same two tiers of weapon every year doesn't mean the other guns are OP. Besides, camping can make any gun better. Also in BO2 they heightened the movement speed profile so you run faster with LMGs than you used to be able to. That could be a reason you think they're OP.
    Yes, but the dominance of assault rifles and sub machine guns overshadows that. Why use an M60 in MW3 when there's an ACR? Why use the HK21 when you could use a Famas? And in MW2 pretty much everything was overpowered lol. The thing is, we're used to having the ARs be the best guns and way better than the others, so when Treyarch decided to balance out the power and make everything have its own niche, people had to get used to a change. ARs aren't what they used to be. SMGs got better. No more UZI from Black Ops or other shitty SMGs. Now we have PDWs and MSMCs that are really good. The MW3 LMGs were good, but they were overshadowed by the extremely overpowered weapons. Not in BO2. I do agree about the target finder, but not the LMGs. You don't have to agree with me, but I'm just trying to say that they aren't OP. It's like a placebo in an indirect, metaphorical way. You feel the gun is too good because you don't have this sugar pill of overpowered ARs to make it seem like it used to.
    AJ is right. The LMGs aren't over-powered, they're just on par (maybe more or less, not really exactly equal with the other weapon classes). First though, with regards to Target Finder: if it's that annoying to you, use Cold-Blooded. Almost everything has a counter in this game, and you should use it (except for Lightning Strike, there's no way to counter that). Now, to the topic.

    Sure the LMGs have very little recoil, but they're heavier, they have clunkier iron sights, they're slower to ADS, etc. The SMGs are very powerful because they're so quick. Everything has an advantage and a disadvantage. The LMGs aren't over-powered because they can compete with other weapons that used to be more powerful than them.

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  9. #9359
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    AJ is right. The LMGs aren't over-powered, they're just on par (maybe more or less, not really exactly equal with the other weapon classes). First though, with regards to Target Finder: if it's that annoying to you, use Cold-Blooded. Almost everything has a counter in this game, and you should use it (except for Lightning Strike, there's no way to counter that). Now, to the topic.

    Sure the LMGs have very little recoil, but they're heavier, they have clunkier iron sights, they're slower to ADS, etc. The SMGs are very powerful because they're so quick. Everything has an advantage and a disadvantage. The LMGs aren't over-powered because they can compete with other weapons that used to be more powerful than them.
    exactly, all the gun classes have advantageous and disadvantageous traits. there is no jack of all trades weapon. Even if there was, it would be deficient in each trait to make it balanced.

  10. #9360

    Default

    I know it's a little late, but the dragon skin is pretty good, I tell you what.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  11. #9361
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,104

    Default

    >No Jack of all Trades weapon
    >B23R

    It can snipe people, it can instakill like a shotgun, it can rush like an SMG.

  12. #9362
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    >No Jack of all Trades weapon
    >B23R

    It can snipe people, it can instakill like a shotgun, it can rush like an SMG.
    Then why do people use snipers, shotguns, and SMGs. If you read my post, then you would see that I said
    Even if there was, it would be deficient in each trait to make it balanced.
    A B23 is not a sniper. It has recoil to it. Plus a full burst has to connect. If a bullet misses, then it won't be a one hitter upclose or far. Sure you can spam it like an SMG, but look at the mag size. Would you rather a B23 or a Chicom? Exactly.

  13. #9363
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    A B23 is not a sniper. It has recoil to it. Plus a full burst has to connect. If a bullet misses, then it won't be a one hitter upclose or far. Sure you can spam it like an SMG, but look at the mag size. Would you rather a B23 or a Chicom? Exactly.
    B23, by far. The chicom isn't a one-burst at close range, and the B23 shoots just as fast. The chicom may have a better mag, but otherwise, it's outclassed by the B23.

  14. #9364

    Default

    Kap 40 was definitely OP. There's a reason why the Competitive players wanted it banned from tournaments, same as the FAL
    the B23R's weren't even that OP. Didn't really need a nerf :/
    I think the r870 needs a nerf though. They already reduced the range on it, but I think they should change it more.
    LMG's are alright. I just hate feeling like i get 2 shotted from any distance

  15. #9365
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The depths of your despair
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theebay707 View Post
    Kap 40 was definitely OP. There's a reason why the Competitive players wanted it banned from tournaments, same as the FAL
    the B23R's weren't even that OP. Didn't really need a nerf :/
    I think the r870 needs a nerf though. They already reduced the range on it, but I think they should change it more.
    LMG's are alright. I just hate feeling like i get 2 shotted from any distance
    The FAL isn't OP without Select Fire. They should just make SF not available for the FAL and SMR. It defeats the purpose of a semiautomatic AR. The R870's range is really too big for a shotgun. It needs to be nearfed, but not so much as to make it not worth using over the S12/M12whateveritscalled. If you want a longer range shotty, use the KSG.

    Credit to FrozenConstellation

  16. #9366
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Ima go ahead and say it, MotD is my favorite zombie map. The characters on there are my favorite. The afterlife mode is awesome and not complicated. Everything about this map is great, and it's just so damn fun.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  17. #9367
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Ima go ahead and say it, MotD is my favorite zombie map. The characters on there are my favorite. The afterlife mode is awesome and not complicated. Everything about this map is great, and it's just so damn fun.
    I should like it, but I just... don't. I'm not even sure why.

    A B23 is not a sniper. It has recoil to it. Plus a full burst has to connect. If a bullet misses, then it won't be a one hitter upclose or far. Sure you can spam it like an SMG, but look at the mag size. Would you rather a B23 or a Chicom? Exactly.[/QUOTE]

    Most of its recoil is just visual, not actually altering the path of the bullets. And the Chicom is a piece of sh*t, I'd rather have a Raffica.

  18. #9368
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    2,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    it can instakill like a shotgun
    This isn't true. I rarely get one burst kills with this weapon, even from close range. When I aim for the upper body it is usually a one burst kill, but usually when I'm switching to it I don't have time to properly take aim and I end up getting hitmarkers and then dying. KAP-40 is still the best secondary by far.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

  19. #9369
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The depths of your despair
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moneyy View Post
    This isn't true. I rarely get one burst kills with this weapon, even from close range. When I aim for the upper body it is usually a one burst kill, but usually when I'm switching to it I don't have time to properly take aim and I end up getting hitmarkers and then dying. KAP-40 is still the best secondary by far.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you on both parts. I can usually kill in 2 bursts panic-switching to it, which is still quite fast. I also personally like the Five-Seven best. It has a great mag size with great accuracy and spamability with a good trigger finger. Plus, it's a 2-3 hit kill up close.

    Credit to FrozenConstellation

  20. #9370
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Got on for the first time in a while to play some mob. Got to round 26 when we ran out of vitrolic withering and ray gun. I was out of ammo with my FSIRT and we got screwed over camping by the docks.

  21. #9371
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    204

    Default

    i agree with aj and moneyy b23 isn't overpowered. also tac-45 best pistol gg

  22. #9372
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    F u Cod Servers, I was doing awesome In MoTD, when suddenly "You have been DC from the BO2 Servers" then "BO2 Servers are offline" 2 seconds later they are fine -_-
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  23. #9373
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Voting is over, Dragon and Cyborg has won the most votes in the 360 version.

    Both have animated calling cards!

  24. #9374
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    i agree with aj and moneyy b23 isn't overpowered. also tac-45 best pistol gg
    Marry me. Dual wield tacs fer dayzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    Voting is over, Dragon and Cyborg has won the most votes in the 360 version.

    Both have animated calling cards!
    All 4 had animated calling cards, they showed them before. Dragon has better calling card and reticles, cyborg has better camos.

  25. #9375
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Marry me. Dual wield tacs fer dayzzzz

    All 4 had animated calling cards, they showed them before. Dragon has better calling card and reticles, cyborg has better camos.
    I got a horrible tasting feeling for the ps3 camo vote.

Page 375 of 427 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •