Page 392 of 427 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402 ... LastLast
Results 9,776 to 9,800 of 10663

Thread: The Call of Duty Thread

Man, that patch that nerfed the guns was pointless. :/ When is it coming for us PS3 users?

Also I'm going to play zombies tomorrow, no EE just for fun. Tall should join me.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

We already have the patch.

I'd be happy to join you tomorrow (unless my work calls me in again like they did today for 8 HOURS UGH). I'm only part-time and I'm pretty low on the seniority chart, so for them to keep calling me in is surprising, but anyway.

TranZit I guess? You just start the party and I'll join you so you can pick whatever map you want. We could even do Bus Depot OOOH. Same time?

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Buried really can't come fast enough. It has rekindled my zombies passion.

Also @Zero and Ducks,
    Apologies for that EE attempt. I had to leave unexpectedly early and really wasn't trying to prolong the game any further. Next time I'll check my schedule and we'll get some easter eggs on the go

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Also I'm going to play zombies tomorrow, no EE just for fun. Tall should join me.
    I'll be on tomorrow, but whether our timezones co-operate is a different story :P

Yea I say that we should start next Monday. Since Buried is coming out soon and we will have a week to prepare and get money in the bank.
    I think I have hit at least 500k points by now, haha. Glad they'll finally be put to use.

Man, that patch that nerfed the guns was pointless. :/ When is it coming for us PS3 users?

I like what it did to the snipers (harder for the 11 year-old Youtube wannabe quickscoping losers, and doesn't affect real snipers) and couldn't care less about the AN.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

As long as the M8A1 stays alone, I am fine. I want to have children with that gun.

Oh, and in other news I have two out of four shotties gold, the 870 and the KSG. I will go to hardcore for the other two, probably.

And really, I was just about to start trying to improve my quick-scoping after watching Drift0r's video. Honestly.

My time zone is GMT -4:00 right now, so mine is at 12 when IZ is at 11, and that's when we play.

It's alright about the EE attempt, I wasn't trying super hard anyway. I don't know.

Anyway, I have about 10k in the bank right now and I should be able to get some more by next Monday, or even on our game tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    My time zone is GMT -4:00 right now, so mine is at 12 when IZ is at 11, and that's when we play.
    We happen to have the same timezone. I guess I'll try and make it for 12.

We already have the patch.

I'd be happy to join you tomorrow (unless my work calls me in again like they did today for 8 HOURS UGH). I'm only part-time and I'm pretty low on the seniority chart, so for them to keep calling me in is surprising, but anyway.

TranZit I guess? You just start the party and I'll join you so you can pick whatever map you want. We could even do Bus Depot OOOH. Same time?
    Oh he'll no, we're not playing tranzit, we're going to play Die Rise lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Buried really can't come fast enough. It has rekindled my zombies passion.

Also @Zero and Ducks,
    Apologies for that EE attempt. I had to leave unexpectedly early and really wasn't trying to prolong the game any further. Next time I'll check my schedule and we'll get some easter eggs on the go

I'll be on tomorrow, but whether our timezones co-operate is a different story :P

I think I have hit at least 500k points by now, haha. Glad they'll finally be put to use.
    For sure. It's been a while since we've last played zombies together.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieNelson View Post
    I like what it did to the snipers (harder for the 11 year-old Youtube wannabe quickscoping losers, and doesn't affect real snipers) and couldn't care less about the AN.
    *****, QS is hard enough. You're acting like everyone could do it, it's very difficult. And the bolt action snipers were fine how they were, same thing with the AN.

Oh he'll no, we're not playing tranzit, we're going to play Die Rise lol.

For sure. It's been a while since we've last played zombies together.

*****, QS is hard enough. You're acting like everyone could do it, it's very difficult. And the bolt action snipers were fine how they were, same thing with the AN.
    True, it takes skill to quickscope really well, just like it takes a degree of skill to use any weapon. The reason I hate quickscoping is there is absolutely no defense against a "good" quickscoper. It's a 1HK at any range in a split-second.

True, it takes skill to quickscope really well, just like it takes a degree of skill to use any weapon. The reason I hate quickscoping is there is absolutely no defense against a "good" quickscoper. It's a 1HK at any range in a split-second.
    Yea but you rarely get any really good quickscoper.

I like FFA, and AT LEAST once a day, I get a quickscoper that wins by 10 kills or more that does across the map quickscopes. It's even worse in Domination in my experience. They're more common than you think.

I like FFA, and AT LEAST once a day, I get a quickscoper that wins by 10 kills or more that does across the map quickscopes. It's even worse in Domination in my experience. They're more common than you think.
    They're more than just common. In a game of standard 6v6 domination, at least half my team is usually sniping. It's ridiculous how sniping has taken over using regular guns.

I still get submachine guns and LMGs with targetfinder. Once in a while a cool camping sniper but usually never a pure quickscoping sniper.

So we're going online in like 10-15 minutes? I'll be there.

I still get submachine guns and LMGs with targetfinder. Once in a while a cool camping sniper but usually never a pure quickscoping sniper.
    Well you, sir, are one lucky sonofa*****.

True, it takes skill to quickscope really well, just like it takes a degree of skill to use any weapon.
    Ha, no. It takes infinitely more skill to quickscope than to just run around with an MSMC.

The reason I hate quickscoping is there is absolutely no defense against a "good" quickscoper. It's a 1HK at any range in a split-second.
    Yes, but if you have to be dedicated to become a good quickscoper, and if you really practice that much, you've earned every kill you get quickscoping. I'm not saying it is necessarily a good thing to "practice" Call of Duty, but still. And no, it is not a one-hit kill from any range. If you watch experienced quickscopers, you will see that even they hardscope from long ranges. Quickscopes from across the map are all due to luck.

One more thing, quickscopes aren't "split-second" kills. I could go on and on about why not, but I won't bother to. However, keep in mind that the DSR, the main sniper of choice in Black Ops II, zooms in very slowly, and by the time you do zoom in, you could have been sprayed down by an SMG many times over.

I find a good quickscoper maybe once in every five games, and that only in sniper-heavy game modes such as Ground War.

I never get mad when I get killed by a quickscoper, but I get pissed when some idiot with a target finder LMG or AN94 kills me, and some submachine guns are just as annoying. This is because the former actually takes skill while the latter any newbie can pick up and do well with.

Also, this is coming from someone who has quickscoped, used target finder LMGs, used AN94s, and used some of the more OP submachine guns, and I can say with confidence that quickscoping easily takes the most skill out of all of these and is basically just as effective as all of these.
    Last edited by Moneyy; 25th July 2013 at 1:23 AM.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyy View Post
    Ha, no. It takes infinitely more skill to quickscope than to just run around with an MSMC.
    Yes and no. It does still take skill to run around with an MSMC and do well, but I might say it takes a bit more (or at least a different kind of) "skill" to run around and quick-scope and do consistently well.

Yes, but if you have to be dedicated to become a good quickscoper, and if you really practice that much, you've earned every kill you get quickscoping. I'm not saying it is necessarily a good thing to "practice" Call of Duty, but still. And no, it is not a one-hit kill from any range. If you watch experienced quickscopers, you will see that even they hardscope from long ranges. Quickscopes from across the map are all due to luck.

One more thing, quickscopes aren't "split-second" kills. I could go on and on about why not, but I won't bother to. However, keep in mind that the DSR, the main sniper of choice in Black Ops II, zooms in very slowly, and by the time you do zoom in, you could have been sprayed down by an SMG many times over.
    Quick-scoping is hard. I can't do it super well but once in a while I get a good shot in. It takes practice and I absolutely can't stand when people say things such as, "Quick-scoping is so easy, it's for noobs, it takes no skill", because it's just not true.

I find a good quickscoper maybe once in every five games, and that only in sniper-heavy game modes such as Ground War.
    I actually never really find any quick-scopers, and if I do I usually kill them, not the other way around.

I never get mad when I get killed by a quickscoper, but I get pissed when some idiot with a target finder LMG or AN94 kills me, and some submachine guns are just as annoying. This is because the former actually takes skill while the latter any newbie can pick up and do well with.

Also, this is coming from someone who has quickscoped, used target finder LMGs, used AN94s, and used some of the more OP submachine guns, and I can say with confidence that quickscoping easily takes the most skill out of all of these and is basically just as effective as all of these.
    As I said above, this I agree with. It takes a bit more skill to aim quickly and get a shot off than to (usually) sit in a corner/behind cover and shoot where you see a big indicator.

But for everyone who complains about the target finder, I just want to point out the Cold Blooded perk. (Almost) everything in this game has a counter (stupid Lightning strikes and hunter killer drones), so make use of them.

Basic quickscoping requires very little skill. 90% of it is abusing aim assist. I'm in no way saying using reg guns is difficult, but quickscoping certainly isn't.

I rarely snipe, but when I do, I can almost achieve my average score that I would get with an AR or SMG. Anyone with any general skill at the game can do well quickscoping.

Quickscoping itself doesn't frustrate me too much, but when it happens under bullsh*t circumstances (i.e. I am shooting at a sniper but they receive no flinch or accuracy reduction and kill me anyway, or I am one-shot-killed at full health in a limb) I flip. The ROF reduction has somewhat remedied the problem, but Treyarch needs to iron out the damage multipliers (make snipers only one-shot-kill in the chest and above, or even upper-chest and above), and have it so the time it takes to raise your weapon after sprinting is increased (same goes for shotguns, I have been insta-killed too many times by guys still in the running animation).

As for Target Finders, they only bother me when on the zero-recoil-insta-kill-LMGs. I don't even flinch when they are on ARs and SMGs. When it comes to the skill ability relative to using a Target Finder, that should be out of the question because it doesn't get any easier than having a giant red indicator around everyone.
    Last edited by Mister_SGG; 25th July 2013 at 4:04 AM.

Basic quickscoping requires very little skill. 90% of it is abusing aim assist. I'm in no way saying using reg guns is difficult, but quickscoping certainly isn't.

I rarely snipe, but when I do, I can almost achieve my average score that I would get with an AR or SMG. Anyone with any general skill at the game can do well quickscoping.

Quickscoping itself doesn't frustrate me too much, but when it happens under bullsh*t circumstances (i.e. I am shooting at a sniper but they receive no flinch or accuracy reduction and kill me anyway, or I am one-shot-killed at full health in a limb) I flip. The ROF reduction has somewhat remedied the problem, but Treyarch needs to iron out the damage multipliers (make snipers only one-shot-kill in the chest and above, or even upper-chest and above), and have it so the time it takes to raise your weapon after sprinting is increased (same goes for shotguns, I have been insta-killed too many times by guys still in the running animation).

As for Target Finders, they only bother me when on the zero-recoil-insta-kill-LMGs. I don't even flinch when they are on ARs and SMGs. When it comes to the skill ability relative to using a Target Finder, that should be out of the question because it doesn't get any easier than having a giant red indicator around everyone.
    This entire thing is just worded so perfectly. I agree with everything here.
    The only time I really hate quickscoping is, like he said, when you're shooting at them with a reg gun and they don't flinch at all.

New major glitch: you can copy people's emblems but they have to be in friends or recent players. Just one more thing wrong with the game and I'm taking advantage of it.

Also a remainder double xp weekend is starting friday morning!

Yes and no. It does still take skill to run around with an MSMC and do well, but I might say it takes a bit more (or at least a different kind of) "skill" to run around and quick-scope and do consistently well.
    The only skill you need when using an MSMC is map knowledge, but that is with every weapon.

Basic quickscoping requires very little skill. 90% of it is abusing aim assist.
    I've seen this argument against quickscoping so many times, but that doesn't change the fact that it is completely incorrect. Many people who use this argument have never used a sniper before, and anyone who has knows that if you zoom in, the aim assist does not automatically lead you to your target (especially not in Black Ops II). By this logic, quickscopes should never miss because of aim assist. I can explain it for you but I can't understand it for you. You say you have quickscoped before, so I don't know why you are using this flawed argument.

Anyone with any general skill at the game can do well quickscoping.
    Incorrect. Either you are lying of you are just naturally good at Call of Duty, but I can guarantee that this is not true for the vast majority of gamers. Proof? Look at the ratio of good quickscopes to bad quickscopers. Also, if quickscoping is so overpowered and so easy, why aren't more people doing this rather than using an MSMC or AN94? Ill tell you why: because quickscoping is a lot harder.

(i.e. I am shooting at a sniper but they receive no flinch or accuracy reduction and kill me anyway
    Toughness?

or I am one-shot-killed at full health in a limb)
    Arm shots are one-hit kills for the DSR and shoulders are fair game for the Ballista. That's not bull ****, it is just how the game works.

(make snipers only one-shot-kill in the chest and above
    Ballista. The DSR is only a one-hit kill from above the waist because of its slow ADS and bolt-action time.

or even upper-chest and above), and have it so the time it takes to raise your weapon after sprinting is increased (same goes for shotguns, I have been insta-killed too many times by guys still in the running animation).
    What? This would completely remove quickscoping from the game, and even hurt hardscoping as well.
    Last edited by Moneyy; 25th July 2013 at 8:49 PM.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Back from Hawaii. I heard there was a patch and people went all VONDEHAAAAR over it. What else did I miss in the COD related world? lol

Most of the time when i play BOII, there are like 4 Snipers in 1 team. Mostly with DSR Ballistic Cpu. I have no problem with LMG Target Finders whatsoever. btw, Dual Band is better.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Back from Hawaii. I heard there was a patch and people went all VONDEHAAAAR over it. What else did I miss in the COD related world? lol
    DSR, Ballista Nerfed, aaaand....

AN-94 Nerf!!!

Well ok... *Hugs Scar-H*

Only the 3-hit kill range was decreased, everything else with the AN-94 is the same (according to Drift0r, who I trust).

Page 392 of 427 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402 ... LastLast