Page 393 of 427 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,825 of 10663

Thread: The Call of Duty Thread

  1. #9801
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Back from Hawaii. I heard there was a patch and people went all VONDEHAAAAR over it. What else did I miss in the COD related world? lol
    People were threatening the Devs over it. It got out of hand.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  2. #9802
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The depths of your despair
    Posts
    492

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzwQmUAJjoI

    This is what I thought of when I heard all the complaining about the patch.

    Credit to FrozenConstellation

  3. #9803
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    What I despise most in BO2 is TrickShotters, I mean come on, those kills are BS, they require more luck than skill. It's ridiculous.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  4. #9804
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    People were threatening the Devs over it. It got out of hand.
    Lol what's new there?
    Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    Only the 3-hit kill range was decreased, everything else with the AN-94 is the same (according to Drift0r, who I trust).
    The AN was my favorite AR. I hope you're right haha. I could care less about the snipers. I gave up on BO2, but it took alot longer for me to quit than MW3. I'll play BO1 Cod4 maybe BO2 zombies. Other than that GTA and BF3 are more fun. I'm liking injustice as well. I hope treyarch does better with the WWI/II (no one's sure if it's 1 or 2 or both yet, it's 2 years down the line lol) that they're making. Supposedly the last zombie map is back in WW1 with a village and a trench with something to get you inbetween similar to the Tranzit bus. Also Der riese has a big link to this idea of paris. There was something in Der riese that we don't know about yet. It's why the starting room as stairs leading to an open area. Something infront of the teleporter was moved before the og 4 got there....I don't know any more about it though

  5. #9805
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland
    Posts
    4,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moneyy View Post
    I've seen this argument against quickscoping so many times, but that doesn't change the fact that it is completely incorrect. Many people who use this argument have never used a sniper before, and anyone who has knows that if you zoom in, the aim assist does not automatically lead you to your target (especially not in Black Ops II). By this logic, quickscopes should never miss because of aim assist. I can explain it for you but I can't understand it for you. You say you have quickscoped before, so I don't know why you are using this flawed argument.
    I admit that 90% is exaggerated, but the aim assist is a factor. When I use any weapon, I can tell aim assist is helping me; when I scope in for a short kill and back, I can feel it even more. When the target is in your crosshair aim assist WILL lead you to your target, perhaps not directly, but your bullets will be more on-point than if there was no aim assist. Quickscoping is not 100% accurate for that reason; it isn't an aimbot, just what it says it is: an assist (and a fairly big one when exploited).

    Incorrect. Either you are lying of you are just naturally good at Call of Duty, but I can guarantee that this is not true for the vast majority of gamers. Proof? Look at the ratio of good quickscopes to bad quickscopers. Also, if quickscoping is so overpowered and so easy, why aren't more people doing this rather than using an MSMC or AN94? Ill tell you why: because quickscoping is a lot harder.
    Some people aren't as good as others, true, but you cannot deny that sniping in this game is far easier than it used to be. Look back to pre-COD4, or World at War. Sniping was a precise and difficult task unless you had something called skill with the weapon or a lot of practice. Even then, they were outclassed by other guns under most circumstances. As for you second point, you have no argument because Black Ops 2 is absolutely invested with snipers. Entire lobbies of snipers are not uncommon in my experiences. The reason is because it is easier than it has ever been, and people that were semi-snipers in past games can't stop it now.

    Toughness?
    When I watch the killcam and they have Toughness, I my anger eases up, but it has happened far too many times when my killer didn't have the perk, which is indeed bullsh*t.

    Arm shots are one-hit kills for the DSR and shoulders are fair game for the Ballista. That's not bull ****, it is just how the game works.
    What I'm trying to prove is that that is a stupid game mechanic. Arms and legs should never be able to kill someone at 100% health. And believe me, I've been killed from shots to the legs by both of those weapons plenty of times.

    Ballista. The DSR is only a one-hit kill from above the waist because of its slow ADS and bolt-action time.
    I understand how that is for balancing purposes, but the Ballista's damage is much more balanced than the DSR, so why would we need both rifles? Just keep the Ballista and axe the DSR.

    What? This would completely remove quickscoping from the game, and even hurt hardscoping as well.
    It wouldn't remove quickscoping at all, just make it actually require a greater degree of skill. I hate to use a completely different game to prove my point, but in Battlefield quickscoping is perfect; Snipers are only a one hit kill to the upper chest and head and as such it is harder than COD's version. And 'hardscoping' (I really hate that term) wouldn't be hurt at all, it too would need more precise aim and ability.
    Last edited by Mister_SGG; 26th July 2013 at 5:29 AM.

  6. #9806

    Default

    Just quit playing Public Matches and play League Play instead

    But it does get frustrating when you decided to play public matches again cause you encounter all the bullsh*t you wanted to get away from.
    bullsh*t being: UAV/CUAV/VSAT, Rocket Launchers, C4, Shock Charge, Bouncing Betty, & Less Quickscopers.

  7. #9807
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    I'd prefer to stick to zombies or play a different game. I personally have not played mp call of duty in over a month. One of my friends got to master prestige and wanted to level up still so he plays on my account sometimes. Other than that, I'm bored with call of duty's multiplayer.

  8. #9808

    Default

    Yeah, CoD Multiplayer is boring now. I just play League Play now.
    Just 3 more months til Ghost though. But hopefully its MP is good. Going to wait a week or two before I buy it so i know if it is good or not

  9. #9809
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Level 1 Frenzy Boar View Post
    Yeah, CoD Multiplayer is boring now. I just play League Play now.
    Just 3 more months til Ghost though. But hopefully its MP is good. Going to wait a week or two before I buy it so i know if it is good or not
    League play is just as bad as Multiplayer. Actually, it is multiplayer lol. Ghosts will be just as bad. Don't get your hopes up. I'm doubting I'll own it long if I even buy it. BF4 and GTA V are much more promising. I do hope Treyarch realizes how bad they messed up in this game when they go back to the World Wars Era of FPS games. I just hope they add tanks in MP just like World at war.

  10. #9810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    League play is just as bad as Multiplayer. Actually, it is multiplayer lol. Ghosts will be just as bad. Don't get your hopes up. I'm doubting I'll own it long if I even buy it. BF4 and GTA V are much more promising. I do hope Treyarch realizes how bad they messed up in this game when they go back to the World Wars Era of FPS games. I just hope they add tanks in MP just like World at war.
    I think League Play is better than Public Matches. More Competitive. Less Bullsh*t. 4v4.
    Ehh, idk if Ghost will be bad. I kinda liked MW3, mainly cause of the specialist perk.
    I don't think Treyarch really messed up with this game. Guns seemed pretty balanced. Only thing that seems bad about this game is connection or joining mid-game in pubs. Tanks would be fun again too though lol

  11. #9811
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Level 1 Frenzy Boar View Post
    I think League Play is better than Public Matches. More Competitive. Less Bullsh*t. 4v4.
    Ehh, idk if Ghost will be bad. I kinda liked MW3, mainly cause of the specialist perk.
    I don't think Treyarch really messed up with this game. Guns seemed pretty balanced. Only thing that seems bad about this game is connection or joining mid-game in pubs. Tanks would be fun again too though lol
    I personally prefered the BO1 metagame. The ARs worked well, but the other guns were usable as well. The ARs were all around weapons but an LMG had a very specific niche to hold down areas of a map. In BO2 an LMG outclasses an AR in most situations. A shotgun would clear a room if and would kill in one hit if most pellets hit. In BO2, 2 pellets through a wall can kill someone at full health. (Believe me, it's happened to me.) A sniper.......well I don't have to say much. MW3 was terrible. Connection is a problem that can't be fixed with the current p2p system due to the amount of people playing. Joining mid game happens because of rage quitters. You find so many ragequitters because of Skill Based Matchmaking. If you are decent at the game, you always play try hards and when someone is tearing up in a match they all leave the game. Get a high streak? Guaranteed a Host Migration.

  12. #9812
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    204

    Default

    bo1 gun balance isn't good though

  13. #9813
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    bo1 gun balance isn't good though
    I know, but at least shotguns and LMGs didn't outclass the other weapons. Since the character speed in BO2 is higher, LMGs can be pretty strong. Then there's the SMGs and snipers....everything beats the ARs

  14. #9814
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Level 1 Frenzy Boar View Post
    Yeah, CoD Multiplayer is boring now. I just play League Play now.
    Just 3 more months til Ghost though. But hopefully its MP is good. Going to wait a week or two before I buy it so i know if it is good or not
    Don't get your hopes up with Ghosts. Almost no one in this thread is going to get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    bo1 gun balance isn't good though
    I still think MW3 is the best game in terms of balancing guns.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  15. #9815

    Default

    @AJ: Yeah. That remington range.... dieing from like across the map (over-exaggerating). And LMGs are supposedly stronger than ARs, right? So yeah, it would be ARs in most situations. But it sucks when you bump into someone with an LMG and they hipfire you to death in what seems to be like 2 bullets and you shoots 2-3 and they still arent dead. IDC if i die from far range if someone has an LMG. I only get mad if i die up close.

    @Cometk: you're poop <3

    @IZ: Yeah, I don't really have high hopes either. Since the gameplay that we've seen isn't that good. But multiplayer gameplay is going to be shown soon, so I hope thats good. I could care less about the campaign and Spec Ops / Other game option.

  16. #9816
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Don't get your hopes up with Ghosts. Almost no one in this thread is going to get it.
    That's what they all say. I said the same thing when they announced Black Ops 2. Now, I play it almost everyday.


    Credit: KimKutThroat

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  17. #9817
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Honestly, the only CoD games I would ever really get are ones with Zombies in it, and if there's a better game for Zombies but is in the same style, I'd probably prefer to get that over Cod. Also, the lack of really good maps in this game (except for sort of good maps in the form of DLC, but you shouldn't have to pay extra for that) is sort of making me regret buying it (not a ton though, I have had a lot of fun with BO2).

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  18. #9818
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokekid1 View Post
    That's what they all say. I said the same thing when they announced Black Ops 2. Now, I play it almost everyday.
    Inevitably, I will play the game. But most likely I'll play it at a friend's house or rent it for a little bit to beat the campaign. I thought I would do the same thing, but I have a bunch of other next gen games I'll be busy with

  19. #9819
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Sometimes I just do really well in one game so I try and replicate how I played and just fail miserably. Sometimes I go like 30-12 in Free for all and try to do it again but go 5-15. Interesting.

    Also I got to round 21 on Farm Survival solo. I got stuck one time, accidentally EMP'ed Jug for another down, and accidentally EMP'ed Double Tap and a Max Ammo which I needed for my Ray Gun (and got stuck up near Double Tap) for my final down. Or something. My new record for it though. 3rd highest round ever. I think it's my first place highest round for solo in both BO1 and BO2.

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  20. #9820
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Good job Ducks!

    So EE tomorrow?
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  21. #9821
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    OMG VONDERHAAR HAS A SOLUTION FOR THE DSR WITH THE VAHN CAMO!!!!! https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/...13959831535616

  22. #9822
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Good job Ducks!

    So EE tomorrow?
    Well I think I'm a tad unprepared but I should hopefully be online tomorrow at the usual time. Who else is going to be on?

        Spoiler:- "My Rough Plan:
    Last edited by DucksGoMooful; 29th July 2013 at 3:55 AM.

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  23. #9823
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    The EE is easy but the hard part is getting 4 people to parcitipate with us.

    So, we'll be on at 11 central time, if you help us out you'll get a free trophy (Zero can comfirm lol)
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  24. #9824
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    california
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    I still think MW3 is the best game in terms of balancing guns.
    wholeheartedly agree

  25. #9825
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Conquering the Battle Frontier
    Posts
    569

    Default

    I've been playing MW3 recently. I was playing BO2 up to about a couple of months ago because all of a sudden I was 1 bar-ing and playing in stop motion every game. Before I could go 7-10:1 ratio easy as and get really close to Nuclear but after my connection went to the pits I couldn't play at all. So I switched to MW3 and that was just as bad. I remember getting an Osprey Gunner twice while 1 bar-ing and that was crack-up, but then i would start playing in stop motion all over and it got way too tiring. So then I changed my NAT to open and disable DLC and ever since I've joined games faster that I can connect to way better than before, like I would be 3-4 bar every game. I managed to get 5 more MOABS within a week like this and it really improved my game. I might jump back onto BO2 soon when I have some spare time. If I recall rightly I'm still using:

    MTAR w/ Silencer + Stock
    -Hardline/Ghost
    -Scavenger
    -Engineer

    FHJ-18
    Semtex
    And the Tier 1 perk wildcard

    UAV/Orbital VSAT/EMP

    I want to try and get the Nuclear Title with the MTAR before I move onto another gun/prestige it so that'll be a goal once I jump back on. I've gotten Brutal twice with my highest streak being 27/28, so hopefully my connection woes will be gone with BO2. I prefer to use the EMP over the CUAV since it destroys enemy electronics which is great since I'm not running Blind Eye anymore, and I think you get more EXP as well? But yeah, definitely looking forward to playing again asap.

Page 393 of 427 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •