Page 400 of 427 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 10,000 of 10663

Thread: The Call of Duty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Billehh View Post
    Prestige edition and hardened editions announced for ghosts. Still deciding whether to get ghost leaning towards no.
    LOL they should worry about us getting the game at all let alone hardened or prestige editions. Let's see all the bs we can find in this mp trailer!

EDIT: saw the trailer, support streaks are back and the highlight was the new Eminem/Skylar Grey song. I almost felt excited watching it but now I realize that was just because of the music. Silly IW, even Eminem can't redeem your track record
    Last edited by AJ; 14th August 2013 at 8:51 PM.

JUST WATCHED THE TRAILER!!!!!

2 words.

Holy Poop.

Indeed. It is poop
    No but for real though. It's sort of all right-looking, but not terribly exciting for me. It's just another CoD game in my eyes, even with "upgrades". If I do end up getting it, it'll be for Wii U and it'll be a few months down the line. No DLC for sure.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

This is my reaction to the trailer:

Whoa! You can slip-n-slide into a gun battle!
    Puppies!
    Grenade Launchers. -_-
    Search and Rescue? Oh, its just Kill Confirmed.
    Wow! A guy jumped over a wall! That is so next-gen!
    Trophy systems come as floating balls now?
    Marksman rifles? Just stick to calling them assault rifles...
    Random girl pops up.
    Soldier pulls a Houdini.

Credit: KimKutThroat

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Found this, someone made a list of all the stuff they could see in the gameplay trailer and stuff (I like how a gun is called Honey Badger...honey badger don't care): http://www.reddit.com/r/CODGhosts/co..._ghost/cbnq179

You really seem to be looking at it a lot Ducks, when you day it looks like poop.

It looks like another MW game. :/
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Just finished a TDM match with my friend A Swoll NiNja on Raid. Won the match 75/74, me and him were the only ones that even did anything. Our whole team went negative and I went 27-7 and he went 21-9.
    Last edited by T3chNik4; 15th August 2013 at 12:51 AM.
    Musicians Club:

Check out my music below and click become a fan!

Reverbnation - http://www.reverbnation.com/seraph3?...eader_icon_nav

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    You really seem to be looking at it a lot Ducks, when you day it looks like poop.

It looks like another MW game. :/
    I just watched the MP reveal live and Drift0r retweeted that thing from reddit I posted here. That's all And honey badger.

Quote Originally Posted by T3chNik4 View Post
    Just finished a TDM match with my friend A Swoll NiNja on Raid. Won the match 75/74, me and him were the only ones that even did anything. Our whole team went negative and I went 27-7 and he went 21-9.
    I both love and hate games like that. I end up feeling super epic, but also sad because "why can't you people do anything?!"

I was surprised we actually won me and him kept questioning how it was such a close game the whole time until we seen players on our other teams k/d.. I think the best was like .56 lol. Everyone on the other team went positive. It's normal for me to get kills like that though. I had a 1.27 k/d until I played hardcore with my friend then it dropped like a rock haha. Now it's around 1.00
    Musicians Club:

Check out my music below and click become a fan!

Reverbnation - http://www.reverbnation.com/seraph3?...eader_icon_nav

Does anybody know what the new game type Cranked do?

Female soldiers in CoD, I wonder how's that gonna turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post

It'll make t-bagging more interesting knowing the CoD community. Lol.
    Naw but seriously adding a female soldier really doesn't matter.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post

As soon as you get your first kill, a 30 second timer starts (visible on screen, though it doesn't look like it's too annoying) and when it reaches zero you explode and die. However, every kill you get (including the one that starts the timer) resets the timer, and gives you a perk that increases your speed in some way, like Extreme Conditioning, Sleight of Hand, Stalker, etc. Or something similar to that.

Really they only added female soldiers to add even more customization. People probably would've complained at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    As soon as you get your first kill, a 30 second timer starts (visible on screen, though it doesn't look like it's too annoying) and when it reaches zero you explode and die. However, every kill you get (including the one that starts the timer) resets the timer, and gives you a perk that increases your speed in some way, like Extreme Conditioning, Sleight of Hand, Stalker, etc. Or something similar to that.

Really they only added female soldiers to add even more customization. People probably would've complained at some point.
    That game mode sounds like it'll either be really fun, or a horrible mistake. I hope the former.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

If you didn't notice, the maps (of course) were lacking saturation just like MW3. There were no maps that made you say "Wow, that's colorful!" or "Whoa that map looks nice!" Everything is bland and grey just like MW3. Remember Foundation? Sanctuary? Seatown? The only maps with color were a couple of the face off maps and one or two main dlc maps. Everything else was just grey as ****. The same goes for ghosts it seems.

With all this I'm wondering what Treyarch is planning for their next CoD since Zombies is done with..
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    With all this I'm wondering what Treyarch is planning for their next CoD since Zombies is done with..
    Who said zombies is done with? The end is a sequel to the beginning, which is a prequel to the end, but there is no real beginning or end to the story. We used to think it started with Nacht. Then we learned they were made in an experiment on inmates in Alcatraz. Now we go to WWI in Origins. Zombies is far from over.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Who said zombies is done with? The end is a sequel to the beginning, which is a prequel to the end, but there is no real beginning or end to the story. We used to think it started with Nacht. Then we learned they were made in an experiment on inmates in Alcatraz. Now we go to WWI in Origins. Zombies is far from over.
    They're gonna milk that cash cow until it's a pile of skin and bones that's merely a shadow of its former glory.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

If zombies goes away then treyarch will cease to exist unless they can top zombies. Which they can't. Treyarch will be no more. It'll be IW and sledgehammer. Treyarch can't afford to just stop zombies.
    Last edited by Mr.Billehh; 15th August 2013 at 3:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Billehh View Post
    If zombies goes away then treyarch will cease to exist unless they can top zombies. Which they can't. Treyarch will be no more. It'll be IW and sledgehammer. Treyarch can't afford to just stop zombies.
    And I don't think they want to lose zombies. To be honest, I look forward to zombies maps more than MP. I wish they would make a zombies only game but sadly ATVI won't let that happen because of money :/

And I don't think they want to lose zombies. To be honest, I look forward to zombies maps more than MP. I wish they would make a zombies only game but sadly ATVI won't let that happen because of money :/
    That makes no sense, I know a Zombies only game would outsell a regular CoD anyday, so therfore more money.. Activision would want that.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

I actually doubt it would sell more, but it would definitely sell a lot if you ignore CoD and compare it to other games. It's pretty popular, though BO2 is kind of ruining it
    Anyway, even though none of us are buying Ghosts, I still think we're going to end up talking about it, even derisively. Also Honey Badger.

xDoN904™ is offline ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹⓎ★ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹ★ⒷⓄⓎ

i'll eventually get Ghosts whenever its in one of those buy one get one free deals and Ghosts ends up to be the free game. So far same **** and its gonna end up like MW3 did for me where it only lasted 2 months and i trade it off. Black Ops/2 and the previous ones excluding MW3 kept me playing every now and then for a long time.

3DS FC: 3523 2818 0917 X IGN: PsychoDon904 Y IGN: PsychoDon904

NOTICE: I just started my part time job recently and I don't have as much time to trade so on the weekdays I am available between 12pm - 3pm/11pm - 4am EST Monday - Friday and all day Sundays when I wake up.

Pokemon Y Is my main of the two with over 999:59+ Hours invested since launch.

Pokemon X&Y!!!
    FS type: Electric (Stunfisk, Electrode and Galvantula)

Y MM Tries: 11
    Current MM: N/A
    Successful MM: 3IV Deino (73rd egg)/3IV Honedge (433rd egg)/4IV Gible (8th egg)/5IV Goomy (8th Egg)/4IV(0 Spe) Honedge (100th egg)/4IV (0 Def....GARBAGE!!!) Pumpkaboo XL (12th egg)/5IV Machop (72nd egg)

While I feel a tad more favourably disposed towards this now I still think I'll pass initially.

Ghosts MP does look solid, potentially fun (especially if you're playing Crank with friends, cue laughter when you explode) and doesn't seem to have totally on its laurels

...But once again the focus is clearly on the same old stuff - player appearance (even more so with 'squads'), killstreak items, perks, weapons, and how people get those things.

Yeah there's been some gameplay innovations with 'contextual leaning', 'dynamic events', knee-slide and mantling ...But all of those things have already been done by others - even 'contextual leaning' as Killzone 3 had a similar, button activated, mini-cover system - and overall done better.

Meanwhile necessary changes haven't been made;
    ~ The grenade indicator has still not been updated - yeah okay it used to be a class leader but by today's standards it is horribly imprecise.
    ~ "Aim down the sight" still looks to be a heavy focus - sorry but come on if I'm firing an assault rifle at you from point blank range I'm gonna hit and kill you regardless of if I'm looking down the sight or not.
    ~ No real sign of an effort to keep perks, killstreaks and weapon attributes from unbalancing matches - aside from moving UAV to the more easily destroyed Sat Uplink - or create a mode that cancels them out.
    ~ No mention of work to improve the mismatches that can be created when working out teams for a match.

That makes no sense, I know a Zombies only game would outsell a regular CoD anyday, so therfore more money.. Activision would want that.
    That's the point. If zombies was a standalone, what would be the incentive to buy a normal CoD game for the zombies players? None. The Map Packs? None. Activision keeps the zombies-only players paying them the same by keeping them together. This may not seem like it makes sense, but coming from someone who had to work for his dad's real estate business it's a good strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    While I feel a tad more favourably disposed towards this now I still think I'll pass initially.

Ghosts MP does look solid, potentially fun (especially if you're playing Crank with friends, cue laughter when you explode) and doesn't seem to have totally on its laurels

...But once again the focus is clearly on the same old stuff - player appearance (even more so with 'squads'), killstreak items, perks, weapons, and how people get those things.

Yeah there's been some gameplay innovations with 'contextual leaning', 'dynamic events', knee-slide and mantling ...But all of those things have already been done by others - even 'contextual leaning' as Killzone 3 had a similar, button activated, mini-cover system - and overall done better.

Meanwhile necessary changes haven't been made;
    ~ The grenade indicator has still not been updated - yeah okay it used to be a class leader but by today's standards it is horribly imprecise.
    ~ "Aim down the sight" still looks to be a heavy focus - sorry but come on if I'm firing an assault rifle at you from point blank range I'm gonna hit and kill you regardless of if I'm looking down the sight or not.
    ~ No real sign of an effort to keep perks, killstreaks and weapon attributes from unbalancing matches - aside from moving UAV to the more easily destroyed Sat Uplink - or create a mode that cancels them out.
    ~ No mention of work to improve the mismatches that can be created when working out teams for a match.
    I agree with the emphasis on the cosmetic side of the game, but I am impressed with the effort IW put in this time around, especially with the sniper rifles. First of all, the double render around the scope instead of the blacked-out screen means every map would have to be rendered twice. Whoa. Also apparently quickscoping is in between MW3 and Black Ops 1 after patches. Perks and attachments seem more balanced in my opinion. The better perks and attachments cost more allocation points than the less impactful ones. For example, faster aim down sight costs less than an explosives protection perk. We have not seen online play so we cannot assume too much about the matchmaking, even if they didn't say much about it. The grenade indicator seems the same as MW3 in terms of appearance and functionality. My biggest con is that the maps look dull. My biggest potential pro is the removal of theater mode. If the developers believe that this may return the franchise connection to the MW2 days then take as many features out as you need. Functionality over features.

That's the point. If zombies was a standalone, what would be the incentive to buy a normal CoD game for the zombies players? None. The Map Packs? None. Activision keeps the zombies-only players paying them the same by keeping them together. This may not seem like it makes sense, but coming from someone who had to work for his dad's real estate business it's a good strategy.

I agree with the emphasis on the cosmetic side of the game, but I am impressed with the effort IW put in this time around, especially with the sniper rifles. First of all, the double render around the scope instead of the blacked-out screen means every map would have to be rendered twice. Whoa. Also apparently quickscoping is in between MW3 and Black Ops 1 after patches. Perks and attachments seem more balanced in my opinion. The better perks and attachments cost more allocation points than the less impactful ones. For example, faster aim down sight costs less than an explosives protection perk. We have not seen online play so we cannot assume too much about the matchmaking, even if they didn't say much about it. The grenade indicator seems the same as MW3 in terms of appearance and functionality. My biggest con is that the maps look dull. My biggest potential pro is the removal of theater mode. If the developers believe that this may return the franchise connection to the MW2 days then take as many features out as you need. Functionality over features.
    I think they should keep theater on the current gen but take out theater next gen as they are able record gameplay.

Page 400 of 427 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410 ... LastLast