Page 412 of 427 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 10663

Thread: The Call of Duty Thread

  1. #10276
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    It also sucks that the only unlockables are the perks(unless you purchase them).

    And the lack of backgrounds.

  2. #10277
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    SO GUYS DID THEY BRING BACK SHIPMENT?????!!!!!?!?!?!?!!?






    If you say yes I will get ghosts.

  3. #10278
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    SO GUYS DID THEY BRING BACK SHIPMENT?????!!!!!?!?!?!?!!?






    If you say yes I will get ghosts.

    Shipments not in the game, but I wish it was! Maybe IW will add it in the game as a special map later. Kinda like how IW added Terminal in MW3.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  4. #10279
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    Shipments not in the game, but I wish it was! Maybe IW will add it in the game as a special map later. Kinda like how IW added Terminal in MW3.
    Naw, they will probably "re-skin" it then sell it in a Map Pack and label it " A New Map!!"
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  5. #10280
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    Shipments not in the game, but I wish it was! Maybe IW will add it in the game as a special map later. Kinda like how IW added Terminal in MW3.
    i was making a joke lol
    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Naw, they will probably "re-skin" it then sell it in a Map Pack and label it " A New Map!!"
    honestly it could be an entire map pack and it would probably be worth it. I mean, come on it's shipment!

  6. #10281
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tyler, Tx
    Posts
    669

    Default

    IW adding SnD to public playlists nov.15th. Why they didn't add it at launch beats me? Other to give search and rescue a little popularity but that's it.

  7. #10282
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    In my opinion Search and Rescue is much better anyway, I personally don't see the point in having 2 game modes which are essentially the same thing so I think they should have just stuck with one or the other
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience


  8. #10283
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Oh yea Ghost came out. How did the sales do? Ghosts is that one game that is cool to hate on which pisses me off. Why would IW change the game up if it's selling? If they notice that it's not selling than they'll obviously change it. Honestly, people are always *****ing at CoD yet they don't ***** at the sports games.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

  9. #10284
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    how long is the honeymoon phase with a cod again? A month or two? Like when everyone gets past the "innovations" and begins to hate that cod because they realize it's the same ********? IW can say new engine as much as they ****ing want but 99% of people don't know what that even means. The game has the same engine, they just changed more than usual this year for the next gen. It's the same game. Get used to it, it won't change. The sports games don't get **** because the people that play 2K or Madden are a completely different demographic for the most part.

  10. #10285
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Breaking the sound barrier
    Posts
    2,154

    Default

    So far, it's okay. I get some lag spikes here and there on the PC, which causes some skipping around. It's a bit pesky, and I think it's the reason why I'm just not doing as well as I usually do in CoD games. Besides that, it's a decent game.

    For those that like to hate on it, well, just play something else?

  11. #10286
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Oh yea Ghost came out. How did the sales do? Ghosts is that one game that is cool to hate on which pisses me off. Why would IW change the game up if it's selling? If they notice that it's not selling than they'll obviously change it. Honestly, people are always *****ing at CoD yet they don't ***** at the sports games.
    It's not Ghosts, it's the CoD Series in general, once they noticed they can just Ctrl C + Ctrl V it they hardly make any changes to the prior one. Maybe down the road years from now, enough people will realise this to make an impact on IW and 3Arch so that they make an actual New CoD Game, not just change the title. This is also the same reason I dont play Sporst games, its all the same but with updated rosters, same can be said for games like WWE.

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    how long is the honeymoon phase with a cod again? A month or two? Like when everyone gets past the "innovations" and begins to hate that cod because they realize it's the same ********? IW can say new engine as much as they ****ing want but 99% of people don't know what that even means. The game has the same engine, they just changed more than usual this year for the next gen. It's the same game. Get used to it, it won't change. The sports games don't get **** because the people that play 2K or Madden are a completely different demographic for the most part.
    True Words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    So far, it's okay. I get some lag spikes here and there on the PC, which causes some skipping around. It's a bit pesky, and I think it's the reason why I'm just not doing as well as I usually do in CoD games. Besides that, it's a decent game.

    For those that like to hate on it, well, just play something else?

    I do hate it AND play something else! How about that!
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  12. #10287
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    For those that like to hate on it, well, just play something else?
    I'm not hating on the game. Just trying to make a realistic correlation between the franchise and put out some legitimate criticism. There's a big difference between "COD is bad bcuz its dumb" and "The game is not where it should be because of ______." So please, don't mistake me for a 12 year old rager that is just yelling at the game because he can't get kills. Thank you.

  13. #10288
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Oh yea Ghost came out. How did the sales do? Ghosts is that one game that is cool to hate on which pisses me off. Why would IW change the game up if it's selling? If they notice that it's not selling than they'll obviously change it. Honestly, people are always *****ing at CoD yet they don't ***** at the sports games.

    probably becuase they dont play sports games, and the series is rightfully hated imo. especially since every new release after cod4 feels like dlc

  14. #10289
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    In my opinion Search and Rescue is much better anyway, I personally don't see the point in having 2 game modes which are essentially the same thing so I think they should have just stuck with one or the other
    I agree. I believe that is the reason they took out Sabotage in favor of Demolition.


    Credit: KimKutThroat

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  15. #10290
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokekid1 View Post
    I agree. I believe that is the reason they took out Sabotage in favor of Demolition.
    Sabotage was so much better than demolition. Just putting that out there.....sabotage on launch in BO1>>>>>>>>>>

  16. #10291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    Stonehaven is the worst map I've ever played in years.
    Hey, I like Stonehaven. The masonry is beautiful as well.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  17. #10292
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    It's still a horrible map despite its looks. Flooded and Chasm is another that is slowly starting to be added to that list (moreso Chasm), I've heard people complain about Octane but I actually really enjoy that map and there's a lot more going on it in as opposed to other maps where barely anything happens like Warhawk and Overlord (unless I'm missing something).

    Freefall...I liked the idea of doing battle in a collapsing skyscraper but the more I play on it the more I think that they've actually created a map more chaotic than Nuketown...which...isn't always a good thing.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience


  18. #10293
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Ghosts has been a lot of fun for me so far. I prefer it to MW3 and BO2 so far, better hit detection than BO2, less lag, takes less bullets to kill people (which is good and bad in it's own right). Plenty of new game modes which I've enjoyed playing such as SnR. The guns seem pretty balanced, Marksman Rifles are neat (especially with the burst attachment).
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  19. #10294
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensei™ View Post
    Ghosts has been a lot of fun for me so far. I prefer it to MW3 and BO2 so far, better hit detection than BO2, less lag, takes less bullets to kill people (which is good and bad in it's own right). Plenty of new game modes which I've enjoyed playing such as SnR. The guns seem pretty balanced, Marksman Rifles are neat (especially with the burst attachment).
    I think you're one of those 1 in 100000000000000000000000 people to say that lol, let's wait and see how long that lasts for.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  20. #10295
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    how's extinction? IW's zombies mode or is it not even close?

  21. #10296
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tyler, Tx
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    how's extinction? IW's zombies mode or is it not even close?
    A bit better than survival but still zombies is better in my opinion.

    Ghosts in my opinion if they had smaller maps it would be one of the better cod games but since these maps are triple sized and there being no 9v9 it's not as good as it could be.
    Last edited by Mr.Billehh; 11th November 2013 at 12:37 PM.

  22. #10297
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    I think you're one of those 1 in 100000000000000000000000 people to say that lol, let's wait and see how long that lasts for.
    That's how it would seem, and I wholeheratedly agree on the fact that that the series in general is really repetitive. Imo, it's still an improvement, even if only slightly, on previous CoDs (BO2 I'm looking at you).
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

  23. #10298
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Breaking the sound barrier
    Posts
    2,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensei™ View Post
    That's how it would seem, and I wholeheratedly agree on the fact that that the series in general is really repetitive. Imo, it's still an improvement, even if only slightly, on previous CoDs (BO2 I'm looking at you).
    Well, you could say that any series is repetitive. You could say that Pokemon is repetitive for the same old routine of starter, badges, Team X, Elite Four, Champion, and so on. Or Legend of Zelda for collecting the same items (bow, hookshot, etc) before fighting the same kinds of bosses and then eventually Ganon. Or Super Smash Bros for just being another installment in game mascots beating each other up. If you're expecting the series to change dramatically, stop waiting. It's in its own best interest not to, and really, it shouldn't. When people buy a Call of Duty game, they know that they're in for a fast-paced, frenzied first person shooter game with plenty of weapons, killstreaks, and all kinds of different game modes. Take that away and you'll actually be doing more harm than simply using a tried and true formula and adding new and different seasonings to it each time.

    The reason why people target Call of Duty for being repetitive? Oh, that's easy. Simply because a new Call of Duty game is released every year at roughly the same time, more than any other series. If Halo did it, Legend of Zelda did it, or whatever, they'd get labeled as being repetitive also.

    So really, I can't argue against how they do things. I may not get the itch to buy and play every Call of Duty game out there, but every few years, I pick it up again and get back into it whenever I'm in the mood for it. If every year seems to be too "repetitive," do what I do. Only get it when you feel like getting it.

  24. #10299
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensei™ View Post
    That's how it would seem, and I wholeheratedly agree on the fact that that the series in general is really repetitive. Imo, it's still an improvement, even if only slightly, on previous CoDs (BO2 I'm looking at you).
    Just about every game has a new feature or two compared to its predecesor, just wait till next year for BO3, we will have people saying "Oh this feature is new that wasn't in Ghosts, BO2, etc" thats about all that changes in a CoD Game.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  25. #10300
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ~WEST COAST REPRESENT~
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Just about every game has a new feature or two compared to its predecesor, just wait till next year for BO3, we will have people saying "Oh this feature is new that wasn't in Ghosts, BO2, etc" thats about all that changes in a CoD Game.
    why did we all go to cod4? innovation in every sense of the term. The game was so different from the previous titles. Waw was um....yeah Then MW2 took cod4 and flipped it and made a totally new game. BO1 sort of took MW2 and didn't add much, but tweaked it. MW3 was MW2.5 BO2 was different in philosophy but the same in practicality. Haven't played ghosts yet. There's a reason people say cod went downhill after MW2. I mean BO1 is my favorite, but the game hasn't changed much since MW2. Stop with the "gun balance" ********. That's not innovative. Neither is pick 10 or whatever the ghosts CaC is. The character customization is purely aesthetic so that's not innovative. The lean is different but not a game changing mechanic. So what makes this game so special? Please, go ahead and tell me. I'm sure anyone could make a list to the floor with examples from Cod4 and Mw2. Anyway I'm not trying to hate on this game, haven't played it yet so it could actually be good. I don't know anything about it really and I'm genuinely curious what makes it any different if it is?

Page 412 of 427 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •