Page 413 of 427 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,325 of 10663

Thread: The Call of Duty Thread

Ghosts isn't a bad game imo I just can't stand the spawning system. I don't mind everything else for now I just hate the spawns. It very well could just be me having bad spawn luck, because everyone else I know has ranted and raved about how great the spawns are.....

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    Ghosts isn't a bad game imo I just can't stand the spawning system. I don't mind everything else for now I just hate the spawns. It very well could just be me having bad spawn luck, because everyone else I know has ranted and raved about how great the spawns are.....
    I would say 95% of the time, the spawns are okay. Every now and then, you get spawned in a really ridiculous spot, so close to where enemy players are. But yeah, thankfully it doesn't happen that often.

MW2 spawns were questionable at times. MW3 spawns were terrible. IW takes the MW3 engine and modifies it to a point where they can call it a "new" engine. Yeah good to know that they made a "completely new engine" (sarcasm) with the same problems as their last game.

The spawns seem to be a little better for me now on every map besides Stonehaven......
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 14th November 2013 at 6:31 AM.

1693 1038 1902

The spawns seem to be a little better for me now on every map besides Stonehaven......
    from what I've heard, stonehaven is the worst map in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    I think it is the worst map in the game. Many other players think it's the worse as well. If the spawns weren't terrible on the map, and the middle of the map wasn't so open it wouldn't be a bad map. Traveling anywhere in the middle of the map is a death trap pretty much.

1693 1038 1902

how are the colors? IW has always had shitty saturation in its games while treyarch always has more visual appeal. Hopefully it's not as grey as MW3 was (oh god the maps looked like ****)

how are the colors? IW has always had shitty saturation in its games while treyarch always has more visual appeal. Hopefully it's not as grey as MW3 was (oh god the maps looked like ****)
    I definitely agree with you there. Treyarch's games have the best visual appeal by far. I think Ghosts is a little bit more colorful than MW3. The game looks pretty good in HD on my Vizio. The maps don't seem as plain as MW3 maps. This is just what I think though.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 14th November 2013 at 8:26 AM.

1693 1038 1902

I definitely agree with you there. Treyarch's games have the best visual appeal by far. I think Ghosts is a little bit more colorful than MW3. The game looks pretty good in HD on my Vizio. The maps don't seem as plain as MW3 maps. This is just what I think though.
    how do they compare with treyarch maps or other game franchises?

To be honest Stonehaven isn't really the worst map, it's just so big and open that it's basically a sniper's paradise on it and it's geared towards long range engagements a bit like how Turbine was on Black Ops 2 but that wasn't even the worst map on that. No that accolade can probably go towards something like Siege or Chasm (due to the massive cluster****ery not dissimilar to Aftermath on BO2). If your play style is to rush and you only use things like pistols then of course you will struggle on Stonehaven.

I personally don't like Stonehaven but that's only because I haven't really tried the sniper rifles or marksmen rifles yet.

I don't like them, far too bland for me. A lot of the maps just seem to be so visually similar that it's hard to distinguish one map from another. The colours used in Strikezone, Flooded, Chasm, Overlord, Freight, Tremor and maybe Siege are so similar that you can barely tell them apart. The maps were something I greatly enjoyed in BO2 despite them being small and all but at least they kind of felt different.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Stonehaven is pretty much a snipers only map. IMO it's the worse map because of the spawns. I like to snipe, but I still have a very un-enjoyable time on that map. As far as color goes Treyarch still has the best maps. I actually enjoyed Treyarch maps for the most part. I even enjoyed most of the DLC map packs. IW's map packs in MW3 were terrible IMO.

1693 1038 1902

Stonehaven is pretty much a snipers only map. IMO it's the worse map because of the spawns. I like to snipe, but I still have a very un-enjoyable time on that map. As far as color goes Treyarch still has the best maps. I actually enjoyed Treyarch maps for the most part. I even enjoyed most of the DLC map packs. IW's map packs in MW3 were terrible IMO.
    Yeah, not crazy about that map either. I also have framerate issues on it for some reason even though the other maps seem to be okay for the most part.

I honestly dislike the Sovereign map the most. It's a clusterfunk and you feel like no matter where you are, there's virtually no cover anywhere. Plus, it's just a really ugly-looking map.

Anyone played in Free Fall? Played it a few times. I have yet to play it in public matches(ghost moshpit playlist sucks).

So I blew the dust off my PS3 and played some Cod 4.........no? anyone? oh ok......

So I blew the dust off my PS3 and played some Cod 4.........no? anyone? oh ok......
    Are there still people online playing CoD4? I uninstalled that ages ago, but I've been wondering that for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    Are there still people online playing CoD4? I uninstalled that ages ago, but I've been wondering that for a while now.
    yes, people still play the magnum opus of the cod franchise.

I just recently beat the game's campaign...
        Spoiler:- spoilers for those haven't beat or the ones that don't care(*cough*AJ*cough*):

As side from that. I beat Extinction for the first time! Boy was that a heck of the game.

COD4 is honestly my favorite COD game of all time. I'm been playing COD since Finest Hour, Big Red One, ect.....

But COD4's online experience was great, and I thought the campaign pretty sweet. That one mission in the game called "All Ghillied Up" is my favorite mission. I like stealth and sniping so I absolutely enjoyed that mission.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 16th November 2013 at 6:51 PM.

1693 1038 1902

For those of you who are interested about the graphics, I'll post a link to a video. The video is from Tmartn. He did a graphics video displaying the PS4 quality. At around 5:00 into the video, he added color correction. I think the game looks better WITH color correction.

Tmartn Vid: http://youtu.be/9pqupaDB868?t=4m3s

Credit: KimKutThroat

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I think with the large and spacious maps the problem is that not all the space is being utilised and action is going on in very select places which is why I think Hardpoint really should have stayed from Black Ops 2 as it would have been ideal for these maps and having to come up with a new strategy for each particular area of the map especially on something like Stonehaven.

Good maps
    Strikezone- Really fun small map which makes for faster paced games definitely one of the better maps in the game

Octane- Great and fun map especially once you get used to the sightlines and that

Warhawk- Great map, open spaces and closed alleyways done right

Freight- Good map but I'm starting to dislike it a bit more with the increasing number of people setting up shop in the big warehouse and sniping from the third floor

Whiteout- I actually enjoy Whiteout but I do think a lot of the map is hardly used but that's a problem with a lot of these maps

Okay maps
    Flooded- It's okay but the action only really takes place in either the carpark or the building which can get annoying

Prison Break- It's alright, just a lot of grass and random things lying around

Overlord- Is okay, kind of a boring map to me but it's not the worst map

Horrible maps
    Free Fall- Haven't played on it much but it seems more chaotic than Nuketown...not sure if that's a good thing

Sovereign- I liked this map to start with but now I'm really disliking it especially as someone always seems to get the Helon gas and then it makes the map unplayable for the next minute which is a long time in these games

Stormfront- Horrible map, massive open space in the middle which means trying to get from one side of the map is either risky (having to run through the middle where you'll no doubt be shot by a sniper) or time consuming (having to spend half of the map staying on the edge just to get through safely)

Stonehaven- Seems to me every time I play something like Team Deathmatch on this it ALWAYS goes to time WITHOUT FAIL. I really dislike this map but I guess some like it

Siege- Seems to be to action heavy on one side of the map and hardly any action goes on in the mine parts

Tremor- Godawful map, everything is such a depressing colour and it seems to be for me where all the bad spawns happen

...No. Just no.
    Chasm- Aftermath on Black Ops 2 levels
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid1 View Post
    For those of you who are interested about the graphics, I'll post a link to a video. The video is from Tmartn. He did a graphics video displaying the PS4 quality. At around 5:00 into the video, he added color correction. I think the game looks better WITH color correction.

Tmartn Vid: http://youtu.be/9pqupaDB868?t=4m3s
    almost clicked the vid. You said Tmartn so I'm so glad I hesitated. Not watching any video from him. It's not all that reliable coming from him, plus that guy is annoying.

Squad mode is pretty much an easy way to get xp. Despite the low maximum xp you get each game, you can play it all day to level up. Even if the somewhat lag and the moment you feel it's unchallengeable. It's still a way to level up.

My least fav level in the campaign was Into the Deep. Those sharks were pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    My least fav level in the campaign was Into the Deep. Those sharks were pain in the butt.
    You mean the one they were showing off all summer? Did the fish move out of the way when you got near them? (Sharks are technically fish btw so they count)

EDIT: I just realized your spoiler tags in that post earlier LMAAAAAOOOOOOO so true

You mean the one they were showing off all summer? Did the fish move out of the way when you got near them? (Sharks are technically fish btw so they count)

EDIT: I just realized your spoiler tags in that post earlier LMAAAAAOOOOOOO so true
    I guess so. I wish you could shoot them.

It's pretty terrifying when they come at you.

almost clicked the vid. You said Tmartn so I'm so glad I hesitated. Not watching any video from him. It's not all that reliable coming from him, plus that guy is annoying.
    Videos from Youtube aren't reliable in general.

Credit: KimKutThroat

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Page 413 of 427 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423 ... LastLast