Thread: Pokemon Trading Card Game for Gameboy/Color

Default Pokemon Trading Card Game for Gameboy/Color

So around a month back I noticed this game was on the 3DS eshop and bought it right away. I still own the original cartridge, though the battery backup is long gone.

Did anyone buy this or remember buying this? It's sort of a unique experience because it uses sprites similar to Red and Blue versions, and you battle people by talking to them on an over world map.
    I'm currently playing through Pokemon Blue Version. I'll hopefully be buying White 2 pretty soon.
    Feel free to send me a PM sometime

I bought it and I'm happy I did.

I still haven't finished the game but so far im enjoying it very much. And the main reason I like it is because in it I get to play with the original cards that I had when I was kid. :P

So far I got the 8 medals which were not that hard to get, all you have to do is build a deck with the correct weakness XD. The same applies for the Grand Masters however I cant get past the second one :/ That Zapdos is too strong :O

I highly recommend this game to anyone, you don't need to have played the TGC before to enjoy this game

9/10 = BUY IT

Quote Originally Posted by LaughterMan View Post
    I bought it and I'm happy I did.

I still haven't finished the game but so far im enjoying it very much. And the main reason I like it is because in it I get to play with the original cards that I had when I was kid. :P

So far I got the 8 medals which were not that hard to get, all you have to do is build a deck with the correct weakness XD. The same applies for the Grand Masters however I cant get past the second one :/ That Zapdos is too strong :O

I highly recommend this game to anyone, you don't need to have played the TGC before to enjoy this game

9/10 = BUY IT
    I know exactly how you feel! I lost count of how many times I had to battle the second grand master. I think I used an electric themed deck, but again, it took me several times. I didn't have near as much trouble with the masters after him.
    I'm currently playing through Pokemon Blue Version. I'll hopefully be buying White 2 pretty soon.
    Feel free to send me a PM sometime

I finally beat him!

I used a fire a deck and managed to set an Arcanine early with the help of Energy Removals and Gust Winds :P

They need to make a new game for the 3ds or port ptcgo to it.

After finally beating the game I decided to download and play the PTCGO and I was so disappointed lol.

The artstyle that they chose make the game feel 'unnofical'. It would be nice to see a TCG for the 3ds in a near future.

An update with all the sets would be nice.

It's so weird playing with just the first two! And remembering all the card game matchups versus video game--I always forget that normal is strong against psychic! And yet I still can't get it into my head in the video games that electric ISN'T weak to fighting.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated Dec 30th, 2014)
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

i love tcg gb and the metagame that exists within it

it's fun just to come up with different decks from that era and make them work too, i think my favorite non-serious deck is nidoking/nidoqueen, setting up as much turn 2 damage off of the Boyfriends attack as possible

女らしい青春パンク
    i disappear when you're not here